[MANGA/ANIME] Initial D

Guest Glenn

lol the arcades here near my school at pier-39 is like 1.00$ per game and 50 cents for rematch =] i waste like 5-10$ a week :lol:

Lucky at my local arcade its 1.00 no matter what. 2.50 a game though...ridiculous

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest akira53

I finally saw the live action movie!! It was pretty good...it was pretty accurate according to the manga...though they cut out a lot of stuff.

I finally saw the live action movie!! It was pretty good...it was pretty accurate according to the manga...though they cut out a lot of stuff.

Im not sure it was that accurate to the manga... I mean Keisuke isnt there at all. And i dont really remember a race of Takumi, Ryousuke, and the Evo guy all at once. But i havent read the manga in a while so i may be wrong.

Guest supa'Wanki

It costs 50 cents a game!!!!! ver. 3, i'm happy :)

i see people shifting from 5-4-5 really fast, may i ask why? which evo is the best?

It costs 50 cents a game!!!!! ver. 3, i'm happy :)

i see people shifting from 5-4-5 really fast, may i ask why? which evo is the best?

Erasering a turn means you kinda "break" traction of your car making it easier to take a better line during turns or to just avoid hitting walls. Evo 4 seems to be the best but the 3 and 5 are not all that bad either.

Guest Foreversky

sry guys, im realli no good at cars...

but can anyone please enlighten me the car's model name/year?

I know the the 2 brothers drive a mazda, and takumi drives a trueno from toyota, but thats as far as i know lol...

also whats the meaning and the difference of FC and FD? and TYPE-R and TYPE-S??

thanks!

Guest HatsuHaruko

Im not sure it was that accurate to the manga... I mean Keisuke isnt there at all. And i dont really remember a race of Takumi, Ryousuke, and the Evo guy all at once. But i havent read the manga in a while so i may be wrong.

agreed. it wasn't accurate at all... the anime resembles the manga more accurately, so even if you don't read the manga, you can pretty much be certain that the anime has it right.

as for Foreversky's car problem, i think Ryosuuke drives an RX-7 (FC3S) while Keisuke drives an RX-7 (FD3S). click HERE for a wikipedia definition of the different generations of the mazda RX-7. Ryousuuke drives a 2nd gen while Keisuke drives a 3rd gen. Click HERE for an insight into Takumi's 1986 Toyota Trueno.

i've always assumed that Type-R are Type-Race, which would mean that they have better and faster engines to create a better racing experience... Type-S are regular cars (i think. not too sure on this)...

Guest Foreversky

i think Ryosuuke drives an RX-7 (FC3S) while Keisuke drives an RX-7 (FD3S). click HERE for a wikipedia definition of the different generations of the mazda RX-7. Ryousuuke drives a 2nd gen while Keisuke drives a 3rd gen. Click HERE for an insight into Takumi's 1986 Toyota Trueno.

i've always assumed that Type-R are Type-Race, which would mean that they have better and faster engines to create a better racing experience... Type-S are regular cars (i think. not too sure on this)...

thx for the info, appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Darkshrimp

hey all you initial D fans. I'm looking for Initial D manga to download. Any of you guys know where i can find it? it tried so many different sites, but just can't find it. The only place right now that has it is the narutofan place, but you gota pay to get it >.<

• 2 weeks later...

Initial D was so popular when I was in Taiwan this summer. One night we were in a taxi and the driver has a tv and dvd player in it and he was watching the cartoon. I recognized it and said hey that's initial D (I said the name in Chinese but I said it wrong) and the taxi driver turned around and gave me a dirty look. Then the people in the car with me corrected me (IT WAS SO EMBARRASSING).

HEY I CAN BE CONSIDERED A FOREIGNER THERE YA KNOW!!!!

That taxi driver was a crazy driver too (like he was racing the whole time he drove us to our destination) the ride was not longer than 5 min :blink:

Initial D is Reita (gazette)'s fav. =P

Archived