Korean Mariah Carey- New Artist

Guest nacj88

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nanshi
Strong vocals.. pitch probs sometimes.. but impressive! That high note... oh my dear O_O.

I wonder when she'll debut.. I don't think too soon, though..

she doesn't remind me of Mariah Carey much ^^;; just the high notes

Yeah. me too. Doesn't remind me too much of Mariah Carey. Mariah has a very unique voice and a lot of control. Her voice sounds whispery, raspy, husky and gorgeous all at the same time. This girl doesn't have the original husky tone quality that Mariah has in order to sound like Mariah Carey at all. She just has *somewhat* of the expansive range that Mariah has. I think the only reason she's being called the Korean Mariah Carey is cause she has the whistle register... which is not too hard to achieve, but certainly rare...

This girl may sound pitchy -- just commenting on what other people have indicated -- because she doesn't sing in falsetto (which rounds out your voice and makes it sound softer and gentler when your hit the higher notes) when she hits those high notes like she should. Mariah uses her 'falsetto' all the time, but Mariah's falsetto is unique... it's STRONG and resonant and Mariah has almost unnatural control over her voice... Why do I keep on comparing this poor girl to Mariah Carey... *le sigh

Woah! She's good...her English is pretty good for a foreigner, as well. But she can't be compared to Mariah Carey. But when she gets older, I'm pretty sure she'll get realllllyyyy good. She's VERY good. And she seems like she has a lot of potential.

EDIT---

I don't think she from YG or JYP or SM. She's probably going to be some unknown company (or not very well known)r secret weapon. Because then that would be weird...all these talented artists at ONE company.

Hmm... I would argue the opposite actually. Her voice sounds a LOT like the ladies from Big Mama if you ask me. I wouldn't be surprised if they had something to do with her training. She looks pretty old though. Not quite as "young" as I'd expect a newcomer to be in the Korean industry. I would say mid-twenties (I'm soo used to teens debuting in Korean, sorry!).

Guest xdanceonx3

^even if she was older, it really doesn't matter.

i wanna see this girl out!

shes really good...and her voice is not as deep as big mama...

in fact i think shes better than big mama...

O__O

Guest touche`
shes good.

omgg.... shes even x10s better than all the korean girl singers ive heard so far

haha, I gotta agree.. She kinda reminds me of bada. x]

but overrall, she's good.

Guest jubiee

i will admit she has an amaazing voice. . .but she doesn't look tat pretty. . but then again having an amazing voice is a big thing. .personally i dink she sounds a lot better than most stars tat try to do a high pitch voice. . .

Guest vanggirlie

she doesn't sound like mariah carey but she does have a good voice. i think it's better if she has her own voice and not have a voice exactly like mariah so she can find her own image.

Guest pearbuffy

Wowwwwwww Her voice is so fantastic.

esp her head tones wowwwwwwww !!! so amazing !!!

and she has a pretty face too^^

Guest iloveRAiNBOWS

whoa, I can't wait to see when she debuts!

I wonder what her image will be :D

Hopefully she won't be like an asian mariah carey or anything -_-

Guest MissMonika

Her voice is really amazing. I hope to see her make it big. A voice like that is really hard to come by for Korean female artists.

Guest JALAPENO

When I saw her pics, I thought it was a man.

She's alright.

Better than lots of female Korean singers.

MC all the way though.

Guest chungmonkey629

omg...just listened to her....SHE'S SOOO MUCH BETTER THAN MARIAH CAREY!!!

omfg, i seriously dislike carey's voice, but this girl....wow.....WOW

carey definitely has the range....but her vocals...are so raspy

this girl has the range and the texture is AMAZING

luv her...will definitely buy her albums if they come out

Guest Ceres

wow... she is REALLY REALLY good... amazing. Her pitch is awesome and her voice is just beautiful! I can't wait to hear her sing more

Guest chibilala

best korean singer Ive heard in a LONG time O.O ~ her high notes are wow! (the only thing she lacks is Mariah's amazing low range)

Cant wait to hear more!! ^_^

Guest flyaway.

She is amazing! O.O

The high note in the second song was.. wow.. just WOW. I wasn't expecting it and it just came out of nowhere.. so it shocked me a bit.

I can't wait until she debuts! =D

Oh btw, for the people who mentioned Jang Ri In.. although I really like her... this girl is definitely better than her in my opinion. =/

Guest Vagabond.

|[♥In my heart, in my soul。。。♪//]|

Oh yeah...this girl is gonna be big xDDD

She's so freakin' talented...

|[♪나에게 사랑이란 。。。♥//]|

Archived