Han Ji Min 한지민 ♥️♥️♥️ - [Newest Drama] Hip/Behind your Touch [Netflix]; [Upcoming 2024 Drama] Acquaintances/Between Greetings[SBS]

richelle

@richelle Hyde Jekyll Me in my own views wasn't a disaster though there were some holes that should have been patched through thorough editing. Some people commented negatively when it was on run. Listening to these people made others think that the drama was tasteless. I heard those negatives but i did not listen, and i continued watching 'till the last episode and it didn't let me down. I even read blaming the actors where Hyun Bin wasn't an exception much more of Han Ji Min who portrayed her part in connection to what kind of role given to her. Yeah! There is still a room for improvement but i just don't understand the word 'DISASTER' in this very rare kind of story especially in Kdramas. 

• Like 5

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richelle

• tok-soompi

• neih212

• minnie91

I am an avid fan of Han Ji Min and I don't like to set a standard on what kind of story she is going to portray next. Will it be another innocent, charming role, i just don't care. But i would love to see her even more  on family dramas. Romance is less important. And pairing her with A-list actors is also unnecessary. People are just so mean setting standard for their biases which in return blame the actress if the dramas doesn't turn out well. But , who am I to choose roles for her? I'm not even a writer myself neither 0.00001% stockholder of a production company? LOL!

• Like 6

Different people have different views and also different opinions. While my bias will always be han ji min, i also accepted the fact that writers and PD's usually make or break a drama. Its only unfortunate that ji min was mostly blamed since that has been the norm. I just hope she will accept her next drama and for her to be choosy of the writer and PD and not who will be the leading actor. Story and directing is more important than A list actors. It is proven time and again that no A list actors or actresses can save a badly written drama. Hoping for a good drama to be offered to ji min. Forget the nightmare of her previous drama LOL

• Like 2

Honestly I enjoyed Hyde Jekyll & Me.  But I still feel in actor career, when your show did not garner enough audience or did not win any award is always not very good for actor resume.  Thats why I am so happy that her movies are attracting viewers.  To me Ji min is not that badly affected. (Although netizens can be mean to her).  Hyun Bin has the worst hit cos everyone expectation of this drama is super high.  Some even blame him for not choosing another drama.  How cruel.  For a perfectionist Hyun Bin, this is a big blow... which I think that is the reason why their party is a private event.

In fact I think if the Fatal Encounter is luckier to have better advertising opportunity, more will see Ji min in her beautiful evil stepmom (shaking off their mindset of goody goody).  Unfortunately the timing causes the movie to premiere quietly.

Ji min Fighting!

• Like 5

I have big regards to all writers big time or small time. Each one has its own creativity which sometimes us audiences did not see for sometimes we are blinded with some factors. Working in a big company such as SBS would be a fulfilling job to them no matter what's the output of their work. No shareholder of a company i think would want a certain project ruin the credibility of a network by doing reckless decisions such as hiring incompetent writers or directors. But then again these people have its own ability that would sometimes be honed through experience. Big people come from small individuals who dream of becoming GREAT in their chosen field. I sometimes nag at the back of my head why the story chooses to go in an opposite direction that i wanted to. But at the end of the day, I came to realize that that's the path the writer wanted to instill to the viewers' mind. Questioning them and making them feel that they're not worthy to be chosen as a writer or director to our biases is not my cup of tea unless I am an experienced writer myself. Peace to everyone!

• Like 3

I almost forgot, ji min's cameo in jealousy incarnate will be tomorrow, sept 28th correct? Looking forward to it. I am not watching the show since i want it done airing first before watching. I hope ji min enjoys her cameo. I am sure she learned a lot from her previous show lol. That writer is forever banned in my list and i guess from her list too i bet lol:)

• Like 5

@cathgu not the same writer but the PD only. I think they have become friends while working and even the PD itself before has some complaints with the script before as HJMe was airing.

Ji min was so pretty in her instagram posts. I hope someone here can post all of those gorgeous pics:wub:

• Like 2

=============

Spoiler

============

Behind stills unveiled of Han Ji Min's cameo on 'Incarnation of Jealousy'

By alim17 

Following Han Ji Min's cameo appearance on SBS 'Incarnation of Jealousy's 11th episode on September 28 as a blind date for Jo Jung Suk, the drama unveiled extra behind still cuts!

They look affectionate and playful in these pictures, sides that had not been shown in the drama. Her agency stated, "At first, the character was a simple blind date, but was changed to an acupuncturist, and the pleasant scene of her feeling for Jo Jung Suk's pulse was born. She also had a greatly enjoyable shoot thanks to the consideration of the director, writer, and Jo Jung Suk with whom she hadn't worked in a long time."

You can see the cute scene above!

han-ji-min_1475164705_201609291450219910_1.jpg

ALLKPOP

=====================

• Like 7

Source from @princess nour90 post in Gong Yoo Soompi forum

The Age of Shadows

AgeofShadows.jpg

It was something like a Korean Operation Anthropoid. In 1923, the demoralized resistance pulled off a spectacular bombing of Japanese police headquarters. It turns out, it was an inside job. Hwang Ok, a Korean officer on the despised Japanese constabulary turned yet again. Frankly, even his thinly fictionalized analog is precisely sure where his loyalties lay in Kim Jee-woon’s The Age of Shadows (trailer here), Korea’s official foreign language Oscar submission, which is now playing in New York.

As a Korean on the Japanese force, it is Lee Jung-chool’s job to be a rat. His former friend, the high-ranking resistance agent Kim Jan-ok makes that explicitly clear when he opts for death rather than capture. The incident so rattles Lee, it leaves him receptive to the overtures of Kim Woo-jin, a rising star in the Righteous Brotherhood—or so Kim thinks.

Despite having Hashimoto, a ruthless counter-insurgency copper, constantly looking over his shoulder, Lee manages to play both sides and keep his options open throughout the first two acts. However, the longer he goes without busting his new pal Kim Woo-jin, the closer he comes to switching sides, like Captain Renault in Casablanca. This becomes uncomfortably clear to Lee when all parties end up on a Hitchcockian train bound from Shanghai to Seoul, with a huge shipment of explosives stashed in the cargo car.

Although Age does not exhibit the exquisite lunacy of I Saw the Devil or The Good, the Bad, the Weird,Kim Jee-woon still clearly delights in tweaking and amping up the conventions of the historical espionage thriller. His convoluted plot makes a John le Carré novel look simplistic and he certainly hasn’t gotten shy about staging a shootout. It is not quite the all-out action Nirvana of Choi Dong-hoon’sAssassination, but it still delivers plenty of bang for your buck. The titular echoes of Jean-Pierre Melville’s Army of Shadows are probably not accidental either. There are so many double and triple crosses, Lee essentially loses track of whose side he is on.
Korean superstar Song Kang-ho (looking pretty trim) is terrific as the conflicted Lee. He really humanizes the dilemma between pragmatic but dishonorable survival and the patriotic idealism that would most likely get him martyred. Gong Yoo (recognizable from the monster hit Train to Busan) also gives flesh-and-blood dimension to the earnest Kim Woo-jin. Han Ji-min further boosts the glamour and the tragedy as Yun Gye-soon, the secretary to charismatic resistance leader Jung Chae-san (Lee Byung-hun in a memorable cameo) and Kim’s secret love interest.

If viewers are okay with the deaths of dozens of characters we come to know and root for, then Age of Shadows is tons of fun. Most likely it will be way too much fun for that stick-in-the-mud Oscar, but there is no reason we can’t enjoy it. Enthusiastically recommended for fans of period action and espionage films, The Age of Shadows is now playing in New York, at the AMC Empire.
http://jbspins.blogspot.com.eg/2016/09/submitted-by-korea-age-of-shadows.html

• Like 6