Soompi Mac User Group

j79

Guest MangaPanda

I bought my macbook pro 13"  from my friend last monday (who bought in April this year but was getting a new one from school and decided to sell it to me) with apple care and everything. And I can tell you I'm totally awed by it! My pc is now sitting there rotting away practically.. But I do feel like I need to know A LOT about  mac so I will be reading this whole topic from top to bottom. ^__^ 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I'm in Korea and when I plug in the adapter to the MacBook Pro, I can feel a slight vibrating, tingly sensation all over the computer. This never happened to me in the States so I'm worried that it will affect the computer negatively. I'm using the three-pronged adapter to a voltage converter (so that I can plug in 110v and use electricity from the 220v). If anyone knows, please let me know. Thank you!

Guest laughingman12

i have a Macbook pro software is Mac OS X 10.6.4

and my trackpad is starting to fail on me... i went to the

apple store today and they are really useless. They tell me

things i already know.. he did a scan on my laptop and said

i can replace the whole thing for 200 dollars or when it really

completely fails on me bring it back.

anyone can help me fix my trackpad or see whats wrong with it

very frustrated because my warranty is expired too!!

When did you first get your macbook pro?

Hi Mac Lovers,

I have the white macbook. I jumped on the mac bandwagon for school purposes. but it took me a long time to come to this decision as many fellow students owned macbook pro. then i realized after talking with instructors who are also in the design field in either working for design firms or own their own design company, they all use the regular macs and not macbook pro because they said (in a non offending manner) "its a waste of money".

Guest IATEYOU

Writing this on my new macbook! Decided not to get the pro, but I'm loving this so much regardless! My poor old pc can't compare...

It's true. Once you go mac, you can't go back!

Guest laughingman12

Writing this on my new macbook! Decided not to get the pro, but I'm loving this so much regardless! My poor old pc can't compare...

It's true. Once you go mac, you can't go back!

Hahah Cool that you got a macbook!!

So why you love the macbook so much?

Got a Macbook Pro 13" a little while ago.

Just wondering if anyone knows any good cases to use, so that ir can be protected??

Case as in like a shell? If so get a speck satin see thru or a speck see thru depending on how u want it to feel. I have a speck satin see thru and it looks good and works.

If you mean a sleeve then you can just go to like target or walmart and get one for like 15 bucks.

Guest Hugs-Kisses-and-Secrets

Macbook Pro'13 & it's Purple! :DNah... It's just a casing! =p Loving it & will continue doing so!

Btw... does any one know whether the Mac can support EXE. Files. TQ! :)

Before my dad forces me to go back to the apple store and embarrass myself, can anyone help me figure out why I can't connect to my internet?

I use airport to connect to my home's internet, but a few days ago, the connection just dropped. There's nothing wrong with my airport because I can use the internet at my friend's house, the library, and even radndom unsecured wifi.

It's not my wifi either because my iPod touch as well as the other PCs in the house can all connect to it.

I've tried running diagnostics and everything.

No idea what to do :crazy:

Guest Endearment

Anybody know where to get the latest version of internet explorer for mac?

I downloaded a 5.2 version because some government website wouldnt run on anything else instead of ie and this old version cant doesn't have the new tab options

i just got a macbook today. danngg it was soo expensive ):

but because everyone says that this is the best laptop for school

and because its kind of...well a lot prettier than other laptops i wanted it.

but it's still in the box, because it is too precious, and one of the most expensive things i own (:

Guest ~.Linh.~

you really dont need an antivirus, mac checks for updates often and it rarely gets virusus or does it crash much.

you basically get what you paid for. im guessing you payed around 1k for your macbook? :]

thank you :)

and yes, it was worth 1k...but i got it as a present for graduation soooo....yeah lol

...looking back...damn, that was an expensive gift xD

EDIT:

OMFG, my Macbook half died on me! O_O

it was all fine when suddenly one third of the screen became black and my trackpad didn't work anymore...well, nothing worked anymore lol...i was sooo scared =____=°

re-boot and now everything is "normal" again...does anybody know what that could have been about? meh, i know i should have bought the insurance =____________=°

thank you :)

and yes, it was worth 1k...but i got it as a present for graduation soooo....yeah lol

...looking back...damn, that was an expensive gift xD

EDIT:

OMFG, my Macbook half died on me! O_O

it was all fine when suddenly one third of the screen became black and my trackpad didn't work anymore...well, nothing worked anymore lol...i was sooo scared =____=°

re-boot and now everything is "normal" again...does anybody know what that could have been about? meh, i know i should have bought the insurance =____________=°

You have until the end of your factory warranty to still purchase apple care.

Archived