Soompi Mac User Group

j79

Guest xiaobat

Does anyone know how i can bypass china's firewall on a mac?

i can get on fb tumblr twitter fine with a pc and this program where i just open it but i have yet to find a program compatible for mac.

Perhaps you can try called "hotspot shield".. I used it while I was in China and it worked fine.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lilchineseboy

Perhaps you can try called "hotspot shield".. I used it while I was in China and it worked fine.

hotspot shield doesn't work here anymore, i use securitales but you have to pay for it, you can get on fb, youtube, twitter, etc. though

Guest KuYA II

hey you guys so i have my mac for a couple of days now and calibrate it, but i was wondering if it's normal for the battery to go down when it's not use?

because for some reason it goes down by 5-10% battery life when i put it to sleep. I turn off the port and exit all the programs, but at the same time it still goes down. Just wondering if that is normal. Thanks

Guest ChloeP

To all Mac users out there...

I'm planning to get a MAC at the moment cause I've given my laptop to my sis and have been wanting to get a new one and since apple have been having this offer of buying a mac and get an itouch for free so i've been thinking about it. This would be my first Mac, have been a pc user all my life and I'm contemplating between the iMac 21.5" with 3.2GHz or the MAcBook Pro 15" 2.4GHz. I don't really need it to move around with me since I've just recently bought a netbook that I would be taking around campus with me instead. My bf told me to get the iMAC since I already have a netbook but friends said MCP is the way to go. I thought of buying the 27" iMAc but the thought of having to haul it all the way back from USA to M'sia would be hell for me to go through. So yeah...advises anyone?

Guest Moogiwara

All my cousins have it, especially the ones in college and swear they love it. I was wondering if it's really worth it to get one. What are some pros and cons about it from people who have actually used it?

Guest 432521

Well I have been a PC user since forever and wanted to get a mac because I wanted to try something new. I am loving it so far, but I will not say that I will never go back to PC.

Guest KuYA II

^

same here.

Been a PC person, and when i was first introduced to apple, i hated it. After my dad bought an iMac, I got used to it, and wanted try out the macbook pro. Ever since I purchased it two weeks ago, I never looked back. The 13 inch is fast, portable, and a good decent battery life which i like since I always bring it with me. 

I have a PC laptop that I still use and wont abandon (use for mp3 and movie download) LOL

Guest ChloeP

I've just got my iMac yesterday and it's amazing!

I still need some time getting used to the different OS since I have been a PC user all my life before this.

To be honest I used to hate MAC, except for their iPods and since getting one now...I think I'm starting to love it. =)

Still not used to having windows not full screened but I think it's kinda cool and more functional this way too.

With the amount I've spent I think it's pretty worth it and I doubt I'll look back and regret purchasing this. XD

Guest Xarthan

Still not used to having windows not full screened but I think it's kinda cool and more functional this way too.

click the green circle :)

Guest team24

All I have is a MacBook. Was suppose to get the MacBook Pro, but my older brother took it from me and left, so i was left with the Macbook <_<. It's still nice though and its not slow :D. And idk if this is mac related or not, but what is better to use on the mac? Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome?

Guest Xarthan

All I have is a MacBook. Was suppose to get the MacBook Pro, but my older brother took it from me and left, so i was left with the Macbook <_<. It's still nice though and its not slow :D. And idk if this is mac related or not, but what is better to use on the mac? Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome?

any of em, but i use firefox due to the addons

Guest IATEYOU

I got my first macbook today!!! it's still in the box though (writing this on my dying pc)...I feel:

1) guilty. not sure why. maybe because I feel "apple-ized"?

2) awestruck at its beauty HAHA

3) CONFLICTED. My parents super wanted me to get the macbook pro because they said the white was tacky/expensive=better (note: they're not computer people and I'm not really either)

macbook vs macbook pro?!?!

ugh I'm so indecisive.

Guest spiceshoe

Mac rocks =) I love using Mac LOL

When you switch from PC to Mac.... It's not easy to move back, and I don't think I ever will XD

Guest babiichink

i have a Macbook pro software is Mac OS X 10.6.4

and my trackpad is starting to fail on me... i went to the

apple store today and they are really useless. They tell me

things i already know.. he did a scan on my laptop and said

i can replace the whole thing for 200 dollars or when it really

completely fails on me bring it back.

anyone can help me fix my trackpad or see whats wrong with it

very frustrated because my warranty is expired too!!

I'm a total newbie when it comes to mac! I got a macbook pro and I'm just so dumbfounded when I first got it...the keys were completely different and I've always been a windows user. But yeah, I got used to it in a month's time (still not pro with it but passable)...Now, I mess up my keys on windows lol...keep thinking there's a "command" key but there isn't and end up using the ALT keys...

Archived