Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

^Aww~~ :wub:

A tiny corner of my fangirly heart irrationally mourns that he's gonna be off the market, but the rest of me (lol) is really really happy for him and Jeon HyeJin. Congratulations!!

Lee Sun Kyun & Jeon Hye Jin are Engaged

Source: KPculture

2009 April 7

Actors Lee Sun Kyun (34) and Jeon Hye Jin (33) are tying the knot after six years of dating. They will formally announce their engagement through a press conference at Shilla Hotel on April 11.

The couple will say their vows in front of an estimated 800 guests on the evening of May 23 at AW Convention Centre. Their wedding is being organized by I Wedding Networks. The company’s CEO, Kim Tae Wook, said that preparations are running smoothly and that the event will have a natural (comfortable), warm atmosphere.

Lee and Jeon began dating in 2003. Lee stated, "My girlfriend recently returned from a month-long vacation alone. During that time, it felt really lonely and empty and I realized anew the big space that [she] takes up. Now I want to become eternal best friends (partners) with [her]."

Lee Sun Kyun is currently filming the movie Paju and the drama Triple. Jeon Hye Jin’s most recent film role was in [The Naked] Kitchen.

Wedding announcements for Lee Seon-kyun, Ricky Kim

April 7th, 2009 // by javabeans

Is love in the air, or what? (Well, it IS spring...)

Well, Mr. Voice is off the market -- Lee Seon-kyun of dramas Coffee Prince, White Tower, and My Sweet Seoul is getting married to his longtime girlfriend, Jeon Hye-jin.

The couple has been dating for six years, and is looking to marry next month (May 23, to be exact). Lee explained, "Hye-jin recently went on a solo trip for a month, and during that time I really missed her. I realized how empty it was without her. I want to be with Hye-jin forever." The couple will hold a press conference on April 11 regarding their wedding plans.

He won't have much time for a honeymoon, however, given that MBC's drama Triple premieres in June. (Yaaayyy!! Okay, I gotta stop doing that. Must... keep... expectations... down...) Meanwhile, Jeon most recently acted in the movie The Naked Kitchen. She played So Ji-sub's older sister in the drama I'm Sorry, I Love You, and I particularly liked her in the love-n-sex-themed cable drama Romance Hunter, where she was a career woman saddled with a d.ickish boyfriend.

[...]

Guest kdramafanusa

A lot of broken heart. lol.

Aw....congratulations. :)

~~~~~

Source: Dahee Fanel

Wedding Bells For Lee Seon Kyun and Jeon Hye Jin

Posted by daheefanel on April 7, 2009

20081226154717638.jpg

Aaaaand the celebrity love news just keeps on coming!

Actors Lee Seon Kyun (34) and Jeon Hye Jin (33) are getting married. The wedding is set for May 23rd, at the AW Convention Center Grand Ballroom in Seoul at 6 p.m. The two have been dating for six and a half years.

Lee Seon Kyun revealed, “My girlfriend recently went on a trip by herself for about a month, and I felt so empty during that time. I realized how important it was for me to have her by my side. Now I want to live with Jeon Hye Jin as my eternal soulmate.”

Jeon recently acted in the play “Mom Battle” and the film “Kitchen”, while Lee’s film “Paju” and drama “Triple” are set to air this year.

Awwww! Congratulations to them! I’m really quite ecstatic about this news. I love them both, and I think they make a fantastic-looking couple. May they have many, many years of happiness ahead of them!

(Via Asia Kyungjae)

Guest kdramafanusa

The Voice is gonna be a daddy!

Posted by daheefanel on April 11, 2009

2009041111120521001.jpg

Man, do Korean celebs not know how to use birth control, or what?

Lee Seon Kyun revealed at the press conference on the 11th regarding his upcoming marriage to his long-time girlfriend Jeon Hye Jin that she is five weeks pregnant. The two of them are set to become parents in January.

Besides that, he also revealed that their nicknames for each other are “Jjeon” (for Jeon Hye Jin) and “Kyun” (for Lee Seon Kyun). As for their first kiss, it was in his car in front of her house. He also repeated what their fans have known for a while: that she was his favourite actress in his college days, before the two of them started dating.

The wedding is set for May 23rd.

Congratulations to them! :D

1239417783511069pp09041.jpg

2009041111075111131.jpg

2009041111100011171.jpg

20090411111841531431.jpg

nisi200904110000947485w.jpg

nisi200904110000947486w.jpg

~~~~~

from SPN Edaily

PP09041100011.JPG

PP09041100010.JPG

PP09041100009.JPG

PP09041100008.JPG

PP09041100006.JPG

PP09041100004.JPG

PP09041100002.JPG

PP09041100001.JPG

Guest kdramafanusa

Lee Sun Kyun to be a December Daddy

2009 April 11

by KP

leesunkyun3.jpg

Lee Sun Kyun at the press conference

Lee Sun Kyun announced at the press conference preceding his May23 wedding with Jeon Hye Jin that his fiancee is five weeks pregnant.

Lee is currently filming the film Paju, and preparing for his role in the MBC drama Triple (stills). Jeon Hye Jin is currently on break after ending her run in a play (Mothers and Tigers) last month.

The press conference was held at Shilla Hotel on the morning of April 11. Excerpts are below:

leesunkyun5.jpg

How do you feel?

I’m so nervous, happy, and thankful. I’m deeply sorry for causing a fuss and even holding a press conference regarding a personal wedding.

The reason for Jeon Hye Jin’s absence:

Jeon Hye Jin is at home right now; we did rock-paper-scissors and I lost, so I showed up alone (laughter).

The reason you suddenly decided on marriage:

It’s not sudden; we were thinking of getting married within the year anyways. The reason it was decided was because last year when we considered marriage, we became anxious and felt like we were going through puberty. So we decided to cool off and have some time alone, but that’s when my girlfriend blocked off communication and went off travelling. During that time, I got worried and uneasy. The thought that arose at that time was that I can’t separate from [her]. Although I think it was a passionate relationship from love at first sight, I also thought that we’ve also had a sweet, harmonious relationship for six and a half years, and I can’t break up with her. I laughed while thinking that and also thought that I’m going to have to marry her.

jeonhyejin.jpg

Jeon Hye Jin

Who is Jeon Hye Jin?

An actress that I really liked during my university years; I’m honoured that I’m able to marry an actress that I liked the most.

How did you first meet?

A friend from university said that he was going to a group dinner, so I went along and attended the dinner for group of people in theatre together. After about 15 minutes, I gained courage and asked for her phone number. Jeon Hye Jin was relunctant but gave me her number. But later I heard that Jeon Hye Jin wasn’t interested.

When was your first kiss?

Since it’s been six and a half years [since dating], my memory’s fuzzy, but I’m pretty sure it was in a car in front of her house in 2003.

What are Jeon Hye Jin’s attractive qualities?

[she has] an honest, unaffected personality and a solid character. She’s prettiest when she smiles.

When was a moment that you felt her solid character?

I feel it constantly, but since both of us have a truthful personality there are lots of funny situations as well as lots of arguments. As a couple, I think our strength is that we’re a pair that fights, resolves [fights], and is honest. Our married life will probably be like that as well.

Nicknames you have for each other?

Jeon Hye Jin is Jjeon; Jeon Hye Jin calls me Kyun.

How did you propose?

Since there’s a month and a half left before our wedding, I’m planning to [formally] propose sometime before then. Around the end of February, I missed her while on the way to film, so I sent her a test message half-joking and half-serious saying, ‘Want to get married? I’ll become your eternal partner so please become my trinket.’ Her response came as a heart emoticon.

The Jeon Hye Jin that Lee Sun Kyun sees?

Jeon Hye Jin isn’t affected (hypocritical) and the way she genuinely laughs makes her the most beautiful woman.

The time whenyour lover is loveliest (most lovable)?

Always.

leesunkyun4.jpg

Who is the most jealous following news of your wedding?

As we were planning quietly, we’ve been getting lots of scolding following the news reports. I think [Why Did You Come to My Home actor] Park Hee Soon is the happiest [for me, but also] has the biggest stomachache.

(KP’s note: Having a stomachache is an expression for being jealous.)

Points that you have to fix when you get married?

We know each other’s character strengths and weaknesses so well. Both of us have flaring tempers, so I hope that we can [change and] live being flexible with our opinions and giving in to each other. We’ll live well while fighting well.

Will she continue to act after getting married?

Personally, I am a fan of the actress Jeon Hye Jin. Following marriage, she will continue to show good acting.

Plans for the honeymoon, home, and wedding?

We’re going to go to a nice place after filming [for Triple] is over in August. My current house still has a year left in the contract, so we’ll set up our living there. The pastor of the church my mother attends will preside over the ceremony, and we want to have a wedding that’s like a banquet (party).

Plans for children?

I think we’ll have to give birth to one in order to know how many we want. Since I grew up in a household with lots of siblings, I like a household with lots of siblings. We’ll have kids as circumstances permit. Since my girlfriend is in her mid 30’s, she’s earnestly preparing and trying; truthfully speaking, there’s a five-week-old baby in Jeon Hye Jin’s stomach. It’s not that we’re rushing marriage because of the pregnancy, we just found out about it this past Monday. We debated whether or not we should make known the pregnancy. We could have insisted that it was a honeymoon baby, but since five weeks is still a stage to be careful in, I thought that it’s a husband’s duty to inform [people] of the truth and allow [her] to comfortably visit the hospital. I’m also making it public because I want to hold her hand and openly go to the hospital. When I first heard the news, my head felt numb as if I was shot by a gun. I feel like God blessed [us] and gave [us] an opportunity. I think that the first half of my life is finished. I want to create the second half of my life well.

Who do you hope your child will resemble?

I’d like it if [he/she] had Jeon Hye Jin’s appearance and my personality.

leesunkyun2.jpg

Source: JoyNews

Guest prita

Thanks kdramafanusa for the translated interview. Another 'shotgun' marriage following Jang Hyuk's. Oh my, I hope Yoo Ji-tae ssi (my other favorite Korean actor) wouldn't be having his future marriage like this too. But I still like Lee Seon-gyun though....congrats to him.

• 2 weeks later...

i just saw the eng-subbed ent relay on kbs world,

although i came to know of the news last week but didn't read them specifically,

after watching the clip on tv, i just want to say i'm so proud of lee seon gyun!!

he's not afraid to own up to the fact that his soon wife-to-be is already carrying his child,

instead of making excuses to cover it up,

he has my respect ^^

(that's so just romantic too :wub: )

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: KBS World 2009-04-18

Jeon Hye-jin

hc_090418_l.jpg

Popular actor Lee Seon-kyun made a surprise wedding announcement during a press conference on April 11. The 34-year-old actor said he will wed his girlfriend of six years, actress Jeon Hye-jin, at the AW Convention Center in Buam-dong, Seoul on May 23.

When reporters asked him whether the couple were planning to have children anytime soon, Lee surprised them by saying that his 33-year-old fiancée was already five weeks pregnant and that they will become parents in December. Beaming, the actor said he hopes the baby resembles his fiancé’s looks and resemble his personality.

The actor also told reporters that they will go on their honeymoon in August after the shooting of his latest drama series is over. After the wedding, the couple will settle down in Lee’s current home.

The couple met six years ago when Lee followed his college friend to a dinner gathering hosted by the theatrical company Jeon belonged to. He said, “At the time, I only stayed for 15 minutes because I had to rush off to a drama shoot, but I mustered up the courage to ask her for her phone number and we have been together ever since.”.

The actor admitted that there had been a moment that made him realize that she was the one he wanted to marry. A few years ago, Jeon suddenly took off on a trip without informing anyone. After she returned from her trip, the two had a serious conversation about their relationship and that was when he realized that he could not bear the thought of breaking up with her.

Jeon has appeared in stage productions such as “Mother Biographies” and films including “Kitchen” and “Killer Story”.

Latest Stills From “Triple” Released

Posted by daheefanel on April 21, 2009

20090421104907211592.jpg

…Aaaaand I’m still deeply, deeply uninterested.

Well, okay, I’m a tiny bit interested. For the sake of The Voice (speaking of whom, he looks realllly goooood). But otherwise? YAWN. This does not look like a good drama, to me. The rest of the cast does absolutely nothing for me, and really, writer Lee Jung Ah and PD Lee Yoon Jung from Coffee Prince? Please. Lee Jung Ah’s writing often made me gag with the over-sweetness and mushiness of it all. She’s not as terrible as certain writers I could mention, but she has no real depth to her writing. She’s a chick lit writer, pure and simple, and I really cannot see her handling sports psychology and all that jazz with any sort of finesse whatsoever. This drama will clearly be about the lovin’, period. And thus, I am uninterested.

Yes, Lee Yoon Jung has handled a sports drama before, and handled it well. And sure, some of her work in Coffee Prince did help to disguise (or at least make hazier) some of the moles in the writing and acting. But the biggest strength in Taereung National Village came not from the directing, but from the writing (although those Hong sisters have sure betrayed my confidence with that horror of a Beethoven Virus…). And Lee Yoon Jung certainly could not elevate Coffee Prince to any sort of masterpiece, especially with that script. Not even close.

So, will I be watching Triple? The first episode, yeah. For the sake of The Voice. But otherwise? Probably not. At this point, that first episode would have to really, really impress me for me to stick with it. And the chances of that happening, I must say, are preeeeetty slim…

20090421104907211591.jpg

(Via Star News)

Lee Seon Kyun's Movie Recommendations

Source: Dahee's Plastic Castle

Sigh. Day 26 of BEDA (Blog Every Day April), and I'm seriously running out of steam. This is exhausting. Why did I decide to do this again? Oh, right. Because I need to form the habit of writing every day. Uh-huh. (FOUR MORE DAYS.)

...Anyway.

I stumbled across this little article the other day, and thought it was fairly interesting. I always enjoy seeing what kind of movies actors (or anyone, really) enjoy watching. I think it says a lot about their psyche. And when that actor happens to be The Voice (aka Lee Seon Kyun), how can I resist translating it, really? Enjoy!

Lee Seon Kyun: Coming-Of-Age Films Recommended by Daddy Long-Legs

Originally written by Lee Ji Hye

*Translated from Korean to English by Dahee Fanel

20090422145721_9.jpg

A good person, a cool man. This is the image of Lee Seon Kyun, who is receiving the love of the populace. The just doctor of "White Tower", the romantic guy Dong-kyung who struggles hard for the medal in "Taereung National Village", and Han-sung who endures Yu-ju's wandering eyes in "Coffee Prince". Like a well-tailored suit, the image of the patient and considerate lover with no faults fits him well. Of course, there have been several times when he played uncool losers like the trouble-solving broker in "The Customer Is King" or the joker in the sitcom "Three Friends". But what Lee Seon Kyun is best known for is when he silently protects or listens to another person.

A man who could be compensation for longing, or be a friendly counselor. This is surely only possible because he still has traces of maturation from his previous lives. In his sad youth ("Taereung National Village"), he didn't recklessly fly into a rage or anything, but he had an uncertain future, and his love life wasn't going well. Thus, he grew up and became the Daddy Long-Legs who listened to everything Eun-chan had to say ("Coffee Prince"). He's not a prince who suddenly appears from out of nowhere. But when you're trapped in a dark tunnel, you can lean on his voice and trustworthy shoulder. Thus, the ease and comfort of the cool men that Lee Seon Kyun creates does not seem fake.

Therefore, this guy who says "I really like 'The Wonder Years'" is not recommending coming-of-age films because he’s trying to give advice to all the youth out there. It is his kindly intentioned comfort for the person who has passed the period of maturation that is like the bamboo shoot that is crushed after the rain, but will not become a petty middle-aged man. Let's hear the sounds of maturation that Daddy Long-Legs, who himself has just passed the time of difficult maturation and youth, listens to.

1. Dead Poets Society (1989) (Directed by Peter Weir)

20090422143850_5_[W150].jpg

"I like coming-of-age movies. I think it's because the coming-of-age genre is more about creating situations you can relate to, rather than artificiality. Everyone experiences growing up. It doesn't matter if it has a happy ending or not - we all have to experience the process of enduring and overcoming pain. I think that was expressed well in "Dead Poets Society". So even though it's been a long time since I last saw it, I still remember those feelings from my first watch."”

2. In The Heat Of The Sun (陽光燦爛的日子) (1994) (Directed by Jiang Wen)

20090422143902_9_[W150].jpg

"I worked for about two months in a video rental store after I got released from the army. It's a gem of a movie that I discovered at that time. I had absolutely nothing to do, so I picked one movie to watch a day. But this movie was really never rented out. (laughs) So I watched it out of curiosity. I think I liked it more because I saw it without any previous information. It's been a long time, so I don't remember it perfectly clearly, but that last scene was really intense. This is a movie that I recommended to everyone after I saw it."”

3. City of God (Cidade De Deus) (2002) (Directed by Fernando Meirelles and Kátia Lund)

20090422143908_6_[W150].jpg

"I don't really decide to watch certain movies beforehand. I tend to enjoy just discovering them by chance. I watched "City of God" last year with little expectations, but I really enjoyed it. The South American music and the colours of that culture, the feeling of antiquity but with a primary colour. I like that kind of thing, but the tone of this movie was exactly like that. And more than anything else, the actors' acting was really shocking. I couldn't differentiate reality from fiction, and I wondered how you could possibly display that kind of situation through acting. I was impressed by that rebellious energy."”

4. Slumdog Millionaire (2008) (Directed by Danny Boyle)

20090422143917_9_[W150].jpg

"The feeling that I got when I watched "Slumdog Millionaire" for the first time was similar to how I felt after watching "City of God". Of course the genre, storyline, and method of resolution are very different. But neither of them try hard to look pretty and neat, and instead go for a natural feel. I too want to show the kind of acting that the actors displayed here, that's lifelike without being imposing. It made me look back on my own acting and wonder if I didn't overdo it."”

5. 69 (2004) (Directed by Lee Sang Il)

20090422143923_8_[W150].jpg

"I like comedies. But I don't like laughs that are created with over-the-top acting or improbable ad-libs. Instead, I like laughs that are created almost against one's will out of serious situations where pain must be hidden. I enjoyed reading the novel that "69" is based on. And I enjoyed watching the movie because it had that kind of humour while being a story about youth that are coming of age. I also felt refreshed over the fact that it showed the erupting force of youth through these teens' prominent actions. And of course there's no need to comment on the acting of Tsumabuki Satoshi and Ando Masanobu."”

"Hae-yoon isn't as accepting of everything as Han-sung is."

20090422145727_4.jpg

"I'm currently filming the movie "Paju". Thanks to the detail-oriented director Park Chan Ok, the atmosphere on set is very meticulous and calm." However, we will get to see him in the drama "Triple" first. "I think it'll be able to start airing in June. The PD said that she created the character with me in mind, but I think he's quite different from me, haha." As I listened to him talk about his character Hae-yoon the commercial creator, I started to have misgivings that he was just another version of Han-sung. At that moment, Lee Seon Kyun amplified my expectations by saying, "This character isn't as accepting. Hae-yoon gets annoyed, and he's very clear on what he hates or likes, so a lot of girls can turn him down. I think I'll be able to act him with more ease than I did with Han-sung." I don't like summer because it induces dieting. But thanks to the Lee Seon Kyun who will once again stand in the hot space where he will love, break up and mature, I can't hate the slowly rising temperatures.

(Via 10 Asia)

• 3 weeks later...

http://eng.jiff.or.kr/mprogram/section03_tab01.aspx [link]

ba951a90b99b4824ba763c5.jpg

http://eng.jiff.or.kr/mprogram/FilmView.aspx?seq=2001

Lost in the Mountains

SECTION Jeonju Digital Project

FILM-INFO Korea | 2009 | 31min | Digibeta | Color | World

SUBTITLE English

DATE / TIME / VENUE

05.02 17:00 CGV 4

05.03 20:00 CGV 4

05.06 14:00 CGV 4

OVERVIEW

Misook is on her way to Jeonju city to see her friend Jin-Young, riding her used car given newly as a gift by her brother in-law. However, Jin-Young is unable to stay longer hanging out with Misook, so Misook spends the night with Sangoak, her teacher and her ex-boyfriend. Next day, at Jin-Young’s place, Misook accidentally finds out the relationship going on between Sangoak and Jin-Young by looking at Sangoak's stuff at Jin-Young‘s place and she feels betrayed. With an agony she calls Myungwoo into Jeonju city…

DIRECTOR

홍상수 Hong Sang-soo - Born in 1961. While studying Film Studies at Chung-Ang University in 1980, he went to the U.S, graduated from the California Institute of the Arts, and got his master's degree in Art at the Art Institute of Chicago. He was awarded the best award, Tiger Award for this debut work The Day a Pig Fell into the Well at Rotterdam International Film Festival and later competed at Cannes Film Festival for his works The Power of Kangwon Province, Woman Is the Future of Man, and Tale of Cinema.

m0040015photo3w636.jpg

166hxjb.jpg

m0040014photo2w636.jpg

m0040016photo4w636.jpg

m0040013photo1w636.jpg

3 May 2009, JIFF - LSG promoting his short "Lost in the Mountains" (more info@post#136) on MBC Radio 'Lee Ju-Yeon's Movie Music' <이주연의 영화음악> [via 10Asia]

20090504083718003000w85.jpg

20090504083719003001w85.jpg

20090504083719003002w85.jpg

20090504083720003003w85.jpg

20090504083720003004w85.jpg

20090504083720003005w85.jpg

20090504083721003006w85.jpg

20090504083721003007w85.jpg

20090504083721003008w85.jpg

20090504083722003009w85.jpg

20090504083722003010w85.jpg

20090504083723003011w85.jpg

20090504083723003012w85.jpg

20090504083723003013w85.jpg

20090504083724003014w85.jpg

20090504083724003015w85.jpg

No hotlinking pls!

this is soo cuteee ~

it will be a beautiful wedding this coming saturday~ ..

'23일 결혼' 이선균-전혜진 커플 웨딩사진 공개

김겨울 기자 | 2009/05/19 10:49

SSI_20090519111321_V.jpg

오는 23일 결혼하는 오래된 연인인 이선균과 전혜진 커플의 웨딩 촬영 사진이 공개됐다.

최근 각종 매체조사에서 가장 부러운 예비연예인 부부 1위로 선정되며 2009년 최고의 커플로 화제가 된 두 사람은 지난 4월 웨딩사진 촬영 이후 남은 결혼준비를 잘 마무리해온 것으로 알려졌다.

웨딩사진 촬영 당일 두 사람은 오랜 연애 기간을 가진 커플답게 자연스럽고 행복한 포즈를 연신 이어가 주변 참석자들의 많은 부러움을 사며 훈훈함을 전했다.

이선균은 "항상 여자친구의 털털한 모습만 보다가 촬영 때 드레스를 입은 모습을 보니 너무나 아름다웠다. 촬영을 시작할 때 드레스 입은 모습을 보면서 처음에는 좀 놀리기도 했는데, 시간이 지날수록 행복한 마음이 더 깊어지는 느낌이다"고 밝혔다.

이어 "며칠 후 정말 결혼을 한다고 생각하니 긴장이 되기도 하지만 내가 사랑하는 혜진과 평생 짝꿍이 되는 날이라고 생각하니 매우 기쁘고 설렌다"며 결혼을 앞둔 행복한 소감을 전했다.

이 날 결혼식은 오후 6시 서울 부암동 AW컨벤션센터 그랜드볼룸에서 열리며 주례는 세계로 교회의 정병관 목사님, 사회는 배우 오만석과 이선균의 절친한 친구인 홍성보씨가 공동으로 맡는다.

축가는 김창완님과 가수 짙은, 그리고 이선균이 ‘커피프린스 1호점’ 출연 당시 불러 인기를 모은 곡인 ‘바다 여행’의 작곡가 티어라이너가 부른다. 또한 김창완님과 연극연출가 이상우님이 특별히 결혼식 축사를 낭독할 예정이다.

^So cuuuuuute~~ Love how they're so laidback. :wub:

Here are a couple of write-ups:

Lee Seon-kyun's wedding photos

May 18th, 2009 // by javabeans

[...]

These newly released photos precede the ceremony by only a few days; the couple weds this Saturday, May 23.

Lee Seon-kyun said of his fiancée, "I'm used to always seeing her looking easygoing and casual, and when I saw her wearing a dress for the photo shoot, she was so beautiful. Thinking of how we'll really be marrying in a few days, I'm a little nervous, but because it's the day my beloved Hye-jin will become my lifetime best friend, I'm incredibly thrilled."”

Lee's good friend and fellow actor Oh Man-seok (King and I, Vineyard Man) will emcee the event along with another good friend, Hong Sung-bo.

Also, songwriter Tearliner (who wrote the song that Lee Seon-kyun sang in an episode of Coffee Prince, "Ocean Travel") and singer-actor Kim Chang-wan (who played the café manager in Coffee Prince) will sing. The ceremony itself will be closed to the public.

Via Star News

Jeon Hye Jin and Lee Seon Kyun’s Wedding Album

May 18, 2009 // by Dahee Fanel

Wedding photos taken of the couple before their actual wedding have been released. The two of them, who are known to be a couple who are fond of comfort and being low-key, opted to take some pictures of themselves in ordinary clothes, and reportedly were very naturally lovey-dovey with each other during the shoot (well of course – they’ve been dating a long time, after all).

Their wedding is set for the 23rd, and a church minister will be officiating, while Oh Man Seok, Lee Seon Kyun’s long-time pal, will be singing the congratulatory song.

ETA: Okay, scratch that. Oh Man Seok will actually be emceeing the wedding together with Hong Sung Bo, while veteran actor/singer Kim Chang Wan and band Tearliner will be singing.

Don’t they look beautiful? Now this is my kind of wedding photoshoot. You don’t need fancy concepts and trillion dollar wedding dresses to show off your love. I’m sure they’ll be very happy together.

Via Now News

Wedding Day~!!

2009052320092661880_201636_0.jpg

Yoon Eun-Hye

20090523180352436a4_180815_0.jpg

Chae Jung-Ahn

20090523180123435a4_180815_0.jpg

Kim Ji-Woo

20090523175937434a4_180815_0.jpg

Yeh Ji-Won

2009052321400197707_214507_1.jpg

Yoo Seon

2009052318522816498_185404_0.jpg

Han Sang-Jin

2009052318543517598_185703_0.jpg

Ji Hyun-Woo

2009052318370063982_183804_0.jpg

Kim Soo-Ro

20090523175220432a4_180815_0.jpg

Hong Kyung-Min

20090523174015364b6_174518_0.jpg

Hong Rok-Gi

20090523175117414a4_175619_0.jpg

Kang Ji-Hwan

3315af24610eff7777a2cd9.jpg

credit: jinkzzmec+huskydawg@KJH thread

More guests: Lee Jung-Jae, Lee Min-Ki, Kim Jae-Wook, Lee Hana, Moon Jung-Hee, Park Hee-Soon, Kim Tae-Woo, Ahn Seok-Hwan, Go Myung-Hwan

7bd319c251d85311e4dd3b0.jpg

credit: lualm@YEH thread

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

20090523221026163e7_221412_0.jpg

20090523220736167e7_221418_0.jpg

Emcees Hong Sung-Bo and Oh Man-Seok

20090523221217161e7_221412_0.jpg

Kim Chang-Wan

20090523220230132e7_221413_0.jpg

20090523220358131e7_221412_0.jpg

20090523220620128e7_221412_0.jpg

20090523221132162e7_221412_0.jpg

20090523220920165e7_221417_0.jpg

20090523220656164e7_221417_0.jpg

20090523220839166e7_221417_0.jpg

2009052322363728510_230311_0.jpg

20090523220442157f3_221308_0.jpg

20090523215058108e7_215615_0.jpg

Serenading his bride with "Ocean Voyage" (accompanied by Tearliner)

20090523220136136e7_221413_0.jpg

20090523220013122f3_220038_0.jpg

20090523220442157f3_221308_1.jpg

20090523215409112e7_215620_0.jpg

20090523220542129e7_221412_0.jpg

20090523215459114e7_220711_0.jpg

20090523215145109e7_215615_0.jpg

credit as labelled + Yahoo

Videos:

mms://newsvod.kbs.co.kr/news/news_8am/2009/05/25/700k/210.asf

http://vod1.ytnstar.co.kr/ytnstar/general/...643451444_s.wmv [Streaming]

http://vod1.ytnstar.co.kr/ytnstar/general/...019258727_s.wmv [Streaming]

http://vod.ietn.co.kr/mov/2009/0601/200906011243833670_s.wmv [Streaming]

http://eipeituc.wordpress.com/2009/05/24/2...tainment-relay/

http://eipeituc.wordpress.com/2009/05/24/20090525-good-day/

http://eipeituc.wordpress.com/2009/05/25/2...-star-magazine/

http://eipeituc.wordpress.com/2009/06/04/2...-showbiz-extra/

On the evening of May 23, Lee Sun Kyun and Jeon Hye Jin entered marriage after six years of dating.

The wedding ceremony was officiated by the head pastor of Segyero (World Vision Community) Church. Actor Oh Man Seok and Lee Sun Kyun's close friend Hong Sung Bo were the evening's MCs. The congratulatory song was sung by Tearliner (whose song "Ocean Travel" Lee sang in Coffee Prince), Zitten, and Kim Chang Wan (who played Mr. Hong in Coffee Prince). Actor Lee Sang Woo made the congratulatory speech.

The newlyweds plan to postpone their honeymoon until late this summer, following the completion of Lee Sun Kyun's drama Triple. Jeon Hye Jin is currently about 11 weeks pregnant with the couple's first child.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest delightful123

I just have to say... I love this man. I do. I'm watching Pasta now, and he is just so... charming. Omg. I die.

this year is a good year for LSG~^^..he won best actor for Paju at spain international film festival

a2kfgfTDVcE5634055392036994770.jpg

영화 <파주>의 이선균이 지난 3월 12일에서 20일까지 열린 제 11회 스페인 라스팔마스 국제영화제에서 남우주연상을 수상했다.

영화 <파주>가 다시 한 번 해외영화제 수상의 쾌거를 이뤘다. 지난 3월 12일부터 20일까지 9일간 스페인에서 열린 제 11회 라스팔마스 국제영화제에서 <파주>의 이선균에게 남우주연상을 안겨주었다. 2000년에 처음으로 열려 올해로 11회째를 맞이한 라스팔마스 국제 영화제는 창의적이고 독창적인 세계의 영화들을 발굴하는데 힘써왔다. 현재 스페인에서 활발히 활동하고 있는 감독과 비평가들, 시나리오 작가 등 주요 영화인들로 이루어진 이번 영화제의 심사위원단은 영화 <파주>에서 이선균이 보여준 절제된 연기 속에서도 아내의 동생을 사랑한 남자의 고뇌를 잘 표현한 것에 높은 점수를 부여했다고 전했다. 올 해 라스팔마스 영화제에서 선정한 14편의 경쟁 영화 중 <파주>는 유일한 한국 영화로 참가하여 이번 수상이 더욱 값지다. 이 영화제에서 최근 수상한 한국영화로는 지난 해 남녀주연상(양익준, 김꽃비)을 수상한 양익준 감독의 <똥파리>와 2008년에 촬영상을 수상한 전수일 감독의 <검은 땅의 소녀와>가 있다.

라스팔마스 국제영화제 이외에도 영화 <파주>는 제 12회 도빌 아시아 영화제에서도 심사위원대상을 공동수상 하였으며, 오는 4월에 뉴욕에서 열리는 트라이베카 영화제에도 한국 영화 최초로 경쟁부문에 진출하며 주목을 받고 있다.

2009년 <파주>와 2010년 <파스타>로 영화와 드라마를 오가며 연기력과 대중적 인기를 동시에 얻고 있는 이선균은 4개월간의 드라마 강행군을 끝내고 꿀맛 같은 휴식을 취하고 있는 중에 남우주연상 수상의 낭보를 들어 더욱 기뻐했다는 후문이다. 트로피는 영화제에 참석한 박찬옥 감독이 대신 수상했다. 양여주 기자| 사진 TVian DB

• 2 weeks later...

[iNTERVIEW] Actor Lee Sun-kyun

10Asia (Korean) 2010.04.01 | Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (English) 2010.04.07

2010040701034777245_1.jpg

"One thing for sure though, was that if Choi Hyun-wook, if I do not do well, the show would flop." [beck Una/10Asia]

For a long time, he was the gentle and candid, at times the quite sweet gentleman. His good-natured smile and mellow voice which rang like a tuning fork was the image viewers long had of Lee Sun-kyun from TV series "The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince." But after "Pasta," he is the stingy, caustic, even frightening chef. Lee took over the small screen as Choi Hyun-wook who, with a devilish appeal, drew us into the world of masochism.

10Asia met with this humorous and straightforward man who knows what he dislikes more than knowing what he likes.

Beck Una (Beck): I heard that you recently won the award for best male actor with "Paju" at Spain's Las Palmas de Gran Canaria International Film Festival. Congratulations on your win.

Lee Sun-kyun (Lee): Oh, thank you. To celebrate it, I watched it again with my wife on IPTV over beer. Although I ended up falling asleep in the middle. (laugh) But the process of how I actually received the award itself was very funny. Director Park Chan-ok had suddenly sent me a text message saying she has something to give me. I asked what, and she said it was an award so I thought she was going to show off the prize she won at the Deauville Asian Film Festival. But when I met with her, she said the award was mine. Goodness, even the head of the production company had heard the news for the first time there. So that's when we rushed to tell people. It was unexpected so I was in a fluster but it felt good too, so we ended up drinking till the next morning... (laugh) It's already been two weeks since "Pasta" ended but my life pattern has been set to rotate on a three day cycle. I drink till morning, feel apologetic to my wife so I'll be nice to her and look after the baby, then the third day I'll be in a pensive mode. (laugh)

Beck: Unlike the amicable atmosphere we see in "Pasta," we heard you had to actually work intensively, as if you were almost shooting live.

Lee: Wow, I wanted to die. Really. And I was grateful when our show got extended but me and [Kong] Hyo-jin were going nuts. We were shooting as if on a live schedule starting with around the seventh episode and from about the ninth episode on, I only slept a total 11 hours during a whole week. I was in a near-panic state too because I was in almost every scene and had so many lines. I would hallucinate and hear my own voice when I lie down after being in shoot for eight hours straight in the beginning. I really wanted to cry sometimes.

Beck: But as the show developed, not only the ratings but the response by viewers became hot so I'm thinking you were able to keep encouraging each other to keep going.

Lee: Yes, the atmosphere on set got much better and as much of a hard time we had, I think that helped the staff and actors become very close. Some of the scenes even turned out better than we had thought we'd shot them so that helped us too. (laugh)

2010040701034777245_2.jpg

"I think 'Pasta' was a path I had never taken before." [MBC]

Beck: Your character Choi Hyun-wook in "Pasta" was completely different from your character in "The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince" through which you became most publicly known.

Lee: Everyone around me said that character was the closest to the real me. Although I don't have a disposition that is as screwed up as his. (laugh) But I was at a bit of a loss about what to do in the beginning after receiving the script for "Pasta." I couldn't get a picture of what I should do. The Choi Hyun-wook that the scenarist had visioned was an unyielding, stiff soldier-like person but I had felt that he was actually more devilish during the first two episodes. He actually spoke quite a number of funny lines but they were expecting me to say them in a charismatic way so that was a bit frustrating. One thing for sure though, was that if Choi Hyun-wook, if I do not do well, the show would flop. When I look back on the situation it was in, my child was born on the first day of shoot, I had a bit of filming left for director Hong Sang-soo's movie, I had to learn to cook, I wasn't sure of my character and yet I didn't have time. So I was quite sensitive in the beginning. I heard later on that Hyo-jin had been very scared of me. I'm not the friendly type and wasn't in the mind to approach someone either.

Beck: Well before watching the show, I couldn't quite picture you and her acting together.

Lee: I heard many people had been against it in the beginning. And once we actually went into shoot, Hyun-wook has a large energy and he is overly expressive so I was expecting Hyo-jin to play her part well too since she had been playing a lot of strong-willed characters too. But rather, she took in everything which got me thinking she has a smaller energy than I thought. But when I watched the show on TV, I saw that the balance and pace that Hyo-jin had selected worked well with the drama. Unlike my acting which in the beginning was constrained, I realized that she doesn't make any unnecessary moves. I realized a lot looking at her. Time-wise, it became much more comfortable to act with her after we got back from Uljin. That's the first time we talked for a long time and drank. Before that, we just had no time to rest so we hadn't even been able to eat together. According to Hyo-jin, she had wanted to approach me but felt uncomfortable because I would always give short answers.

Beck: But the characters you two portrayed was done so well that it made me almost think that you two are almost dating. The famous 'eyelid kiss' seemed like the producer had kept the camera rolling on purpose. It did well in delivering the fluttery feelings at the beginning of a relationship.

Lee: We had no rehearsal since our shooting schedule was so tight. We hadn't rehearsed our lines together so we had no idea what would happen. With that scene too, somebody was supposed to cut but the camera kept rolling so I could see Hyo-jin's face become increasingly red. That's when we started playing weird jokes and I stared at her without blinking on purpose to make her face grow even more red.

2010040618101996253_1.jpg

"The staff of our drama used to make fun of me and say we couldn't reach ratings of over 30 percent because of my soy sauce commercial." [beck Una/10Asia]

Beck: I think you must have felt a satisfaction from playing your character Choi Hyun-wook who was always spitting out whatever comes to his mind.

Lee: The characters I had played in the past were more defensive than offensive but I think Choi was offensive till the very end. Now that I think about it, reporters would always emphasize how 'romantic' I am but it has changed now to 'finicky.' (laugh) I also referenced Gordon Ramsey character from "Hell's Kitchen." I hadn't had much time to discuss my character with the producer because the casting for "Pasta" got set late and I went into shoot right after my appearance was set. One day though, the producer came up to me and showed me a Joker card from "Batman," telling me that he wants Choi Hyun-wook to give off a similarly slightly crazy vibe. That's when I told myself I would try and express myself in various ways and however I want. There was a lot of acting on impulse too.

Beck: Like what for example?

Lee: The chopsticks? I would try catching the opponents throat with it, or try hitting..... I had just tried it out but it ended up helping a lot. The producer was always carrying around chopsticks from then on. (laugh)

Beck: It seems that after watching "Pasta," what viewers were thinking of the most was that they want to be in a romantic relationship. And of course, it would cause trouble (laugh) but some people were saying you and Kong might really end up going out.

Lee: [Kong] Hyo-jin said at the wrap-up party that when she does dramas, she feels that she's in a relationship and that she's cheating on her boyfriend, so she hated it a lot when I would show her photographs of my son. (laugh) I myself was showing her sort of an intimacy by showing her those photos though. But I have definitely become more cautious about how I treat actresses now compared to before I was married.

Beck: The chef is someone who is in charge of the kitchen so I think you must have also felt the burden to take charge of the set too.

Lee: Yes, it felt like I was constantly in a battle up against 10 people. Even more so when I'm in the kitchen because I'm the one talking 90 percent of the time. I also had a lot of lines so I had to act them out well but even when the camera is shooting the other actors, I would still be acting out my part. Of course it's the basic manner between actors but they could've been pressured to do the same for me too. But I got increasingly worn out because I was doing it up against 10 people. There wasn't a single cut where I could take a break. But I also really wanted to keep it that way till the end.

Beck: I think that's why in the last episode, when you gaze with a content smile at the people in the kitchen, I also saw a relieved Lee Sun-kyun's face overlap.

Lee: Ah, I was reading that scene in the script when I started tearing. I don't know why. Maybe I was tired? I read it about four times and I think I cried every time. I couldn't cry on the actual day of the shoot though, even when I wanted to. We started shooting the last episode on the day it was going on air, starting at 2 a.m. I didn't want the show to fall through so I was just begging that nobody makes a blooper. (laugh)

Beck: You, whom we considered the heartthrob of millions of people, got married and became a father right away. That change in your personal life must have been quite an obstacle for your image as an actor who will star in a romantic drama.

Lee: I think "Pasta" was a road I had not taken before. Naturally, I was very scared because it was a path I had not taken before. That's how much trial and error I ended up having to go through and how tough it was for me. But on the other hand, I became relieved that I think I pulled through somewhat and a bliss that I felt from having opened up another path for myself. I will never be able to forget having worked on this. And I'm very thankful to [Kong] Hyo-jin.

2010040618431946429_2.jpg

"I guess what was most painful after TV series 'The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince' was that everyone wanted me to wear horn-rimmed glasses." [MBC]

Beck: I'm curious what you would have been like when you were a young boy.

Lee: I did track and field when I was in elementary school and I was so crazy about basketball in high school that I used to play for 12 hours a day and considered going to college with it. I was an extremely normal kid up till high school and there wasn't anything in particular that I wanted to do. The reason I took up liberal arts was because I really hated science. (laugh) I liked music so I wanted to be a producer for radio shows and I was interested in advertising too but I ended up not studying much so... (laugh)

Beck: What kind of music did you like?

Lee: Since I was the youngest in my family, I listened more to music that my older siblings would listen to rather than for music for kids my age. Especially music by musicians at Dong-A Productions! I used to sing Kim Hyun-shik's songs when I was in fifth grade so nobody knew what I was singing. I don't know why but I liked that sort of sentimentality. When I was young, my parents used the first floor and me and my siblings the second floor, and we used to listen to Kim Hyun-shik, Ryu Jae-ha and the Shinchon Blues everyday on LP. I had a certain pride about listening to music that kids my age didn't know about. I also became friends very fast with kids who knew their music. And I enjoyed watching commercials so much that I wanted to do advertising too.

Beck: You spent quite some time unknown yet it doesn't seem you were the actor who is more greedy or ambitious than other actors in particular. So what is it that kept you going and not let go of acting?

Lee: It may be because I had no ambition or aspirations. I was very simple-minded. But I was always thankful because there would always be someone looking for me. Even both then and now, what I want to be good at is acting and become a real actor. I have never dreamt of becoming a so-called 'top actor.' Of course, when I first made my TV appearance through a sitcom, I would worry whether I'd just become consumed but I learned a lot afterwards by appearing in short plays where I met some good people. So I think things have been okay for me. I'm not the type that sets a goal and charges toward it to achieve it.

Beck: I heard that it hadn't been your dream from the beginning to become an actor.

Lee: Yes, before entering the School of Drama at Korea National University of Arts, I was part of the lighting team at the theater club of the college I had been at. But one of my seniors ran away so I took to the stage for the first time as his replacement. And that was, well, it's hard to explain but it was nice. It was my first time on stage but I wasn't nervous at all. I felt that I had done something actively that I felt good about for the first time. I guess there really is such a thing called fate.

Beck: Fate?

Lee: After I saw my child come into the world, that I started theater because it was fate that it would happen. That it is why I met Jeon Hye-jin, didn't break up with her for seven years and ended up marrying her. I would have not thought of becoming an actor if my senior hadn't run away and if my friend, who left our theater troupe in just two months of joining hadn't introduced my wife to me... when I think of these presumptions, I think fate does exist to a certain extent. Although happiness depends on how you define it.

2010040616510948863_1.jpg

"He was someone who had experienced trauma so huge that if it happened to me, I would have run away somewhere. But it was fun." [Myung Films]

Beck: I think you must have not had an easy time playing your character Joong-shik in "Paju." He was sort of like someone in the fog -- he was quite hard to define.

Lee: It was difficult. But it was fun. He was a character who doesn't express himself a lot and is always very serious. He was someone who had experienced trauma so huge that if it happened to me, I would have run away somewhere or hid myself in a temple. Strangely enough though, the script for "Paju" was very easy to read. How should I put it -- it was as if I could feel the atmosphere the movie was in. I had a confidence in the director and the film itself. I had also been wanting to work on a more cinematic film at the time.

Beck: You had mentioned before that you really want to work on a Hong Sang-soo film and you ended up working with him on several films. How has it been working with him?

Lee: It was really good. He called me one day and asked to meet. I didn't know what he wanted to do, what sort of acting he wanted from me, whether he'd pay me, what the name of the movie was. All he told me was that he wanted to sort of sketch winter, that if his previous works had more of an oil painting-like feeling to them, he wanted to do one which seems just like a sketch this time, in a very easy way. But he said there would only be four staff for the movie in total and I would only have to go into shoot once or twice a week. Although he also doesn't know till when filming would last. I actually felt a lot of pressure but I was drinking when I called my manager and told him that I think I should do the movie. Filming actually turned out to be a lot of fun. I would feel a queer sort of tension when I get my script in the morning and I had quite a lot of lines but I memorized them quite quickly because it was easy to focus. I felt that Hong Sang-soo is almost like a great acting coach. It was fun just looking at the monitor. I have high expectations for this movie because I think it'll be very unique and completely different from his previous works.

Beck: You have a voice that everyone says is mellow but I think there is also as much criticism about it. Has it ever been a complex for you?

Lee: Of course. I didn't hear it directly but when I was in college doing short films, the staff had said amongst themselves that I'd have a tough time acting because my voice is very limited. A lot of people had said at the beginning of "Pasta" too that they couldn't hear my lines properly. There were many times, up till the third episode, that I was putting on a one-man show and I noticed later on while watching it on air that it sounded like I was mumbling. I only became aware of it later on but my voice had become muffled because I was the only one using a wireless mic but I hadn't taken that into consideration and just shouted away. I made up for it later on. I'm not saying I'm trying to come up with excuses though, I'm just saying that I had to go through trial and error. That's why I was wavering in the beginning and very sensitive.

Beck: Marrying or becoming the father of a child is a huge change for a human being. Has such changes in your personal life brought any change to your mental attitude as an actor?

Lee: I went on a belated honeymoon after shooting drama "Triple" and there was a moment I felt what it would feel like to be a dad. We usually like to ride around on motorcycles when we go on trips but once my pregnant wife hopped on behind me, I suddenly became overcome with fear in having to ride on unpaved road. I was also scared we might fall over. Is this what becoming a husband is about? This is what marriage is -- having to be careful and trying not to fall over. The next day I found myself waking up early and riding around the village myself. I wanted to figure out which roads we should take and it also felt very free riding alone. (laugh)

2010040616510948863_2.jpg

"Oh, now I'll only be able to drink once a week. (laugh)" [beck Una/10Asia]

Beck: You once said in an interview that it's your dream to run a cafe somewhere in Southeast Asia, receive scripts over the Internet and shoot one when you please. I think however, that a variety of factors surrounding you won't let you do that.

Lee: That's not true. I don't think much has changed in that aspect. I do think I should work harder so that I won't be shameful of what I do. There actually is no answer to married life. There are times it's good and times it's bad. But I think having a child was the best thing I've done in my life. I watched my child being born and it was the first time I cried in such a way. The tears just kept coming. It was an emotion I had never felt before. Actor Oh Man-seok, who's my friend, has a nine-year-old daughter and I didn't realize it before but these days I think he's amazing. I heard that my son, who is just a little over four-months-old now, would turn his head to the TV when he heard my voice in "Pasta." He stops crying within five seconds when I hold him. He likes me more than his mom. (laugh) He's so beautiful. (shows photograph of son) This is how these things change you. (laugh)

Beck:That's why your recent soy sauce commercial instills an image of you as a good dad but when it's on right after "Pasta," it had the effect of immediately ruining the fantasy we had of you as a lover. (laugh)

Lee: Of the dramas that I've been in, "Pasta" was the one [Jeon] Hye-jin watched the most and had fun watching. She would always ask what happens next. And once she started to become absorbed with the drama as a viewer, she used to mention how much she hated seeing that commercial right after. (laugh)

Beck: Because it's so realistic.

Lee: Yes. That's why the staff of our drama used to make fun of me and say that was the reason we couldn't reach ratings of over 30 percent. (laugh) But I actually really like that soy sauce commercial. The president of that company and their staff, they're all like a big family and like a school... it's quite unique. It didn't feel like I was working when I recently was out on a promotional event. I exchange text messages with him from time to time... I really want to re-sign with them! (laugh)

Beck: You should take a break since your kitchen is closed now.

Lee: I'm looking at a couple scenarios but nothing has really hit the spot yet so I don't want to rush it. I do think it would be hard to work on two dramas in year but, who knows. I'm going to work out a bit this time. I have the painful memory of having asked to have a swimming pool scene taken out in the first two episodes of "Pasta" because I was just not in shape for it... (laugh) I also don't think it's good for me as an actor to settle for the fact that I'm married and let myself become the typical middle-aged man -- that it's not good to neglect my body as I have been doing. And I used to not think maintaining a physique by working out was that important but I now think I should be more prepared in order to be able to take on a larger variety of roles. It's not really about getting into shape but rather a test on myself. I want to try taking on the challenge for at least three months. Oh, now I'll only be able to drink once a week. (laugh)

Editor in Chief : Beck Una one@10asia.co.kr

Editor : Lee Ji-Hye seven@10asia.co.kr

Editor : Jang Kyung-Jin three@10asia.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

• 2 weeks later...

May's Singles magazine features Lee Seon-kyun

April 19th, 2010 // by Dramabeans

Yum.

Lee Seon-kyun, who most recently played the irascible head chef (or "chep") of MBC's Pasta, is featured in the May issue of Singles magazine, which contains both an interview and a photo shoot of the actor. And while I wouldn't have thought Lee Seon-kyun would be among the actors who could pull off guyliner, damn if he doesn't rock it.

Lee won the Best Actor award at the recent Las Palmas International Film Festival in Spain for his role in the suspense drama Paju (which co-stars Seo Woo). Of that honor Lee said, "Maybe it's because I didn't go to accept the award in person, but it doesn't feel real. Ever since my school days, I haven't thought of awards as mine, so I wondered if I had a right to receive it. But on that day I felt really great as I had a drink, and thought, 'This electrifying feeling is what it feels like to receive an award.'"

The charm of Pasta rested largely on the fantastic chemistry Lee shared with his co-star Gong Hyo-jin, and he said of her, "With a dressed-down appearance and her honest acting, she breathed life into the drama and I was also able to perform well thanks to her. The fact that our pairing came off well is purely thanks to Gong Hyo-jin. That's why regardless of the other stuff, I want to win Best Couple at the end of the year."

Following Pasta, Lee hasn't had much time to himself, what with a young baby who just had his 100th day celebration and a breastfeeding wife. He said, "I can't go off on my own, so if I go out one day the next day I stay at home, and the day after that I turn on the charm with my wife." (His wife is actress Jeon Hye-jin, and the couple dated for a number of years before tying the knot last year.)

The photos were taken in Hong Kong, and they can be seen in next month's Singles. [Via Asia Economy]

Interview: http://www.thesingle.co.kr/common/cms_view...53&idx=4570

20100510113b123b35.jpg

20100510113b123b46.jpg

20100510113b133b41.jpg

20100510113b133b20.jpg

20100510113b133b13.jpg

20100510113b133b02.jpg

20100510113b133b56.jpg

From LSG's cyworld:

2010041320032824282130.jpg

2010042216245724282130.jpg

2010042216282324282130.jpg