Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Manila May 12th ]

OksanaSiytra

Park Min Young Talks About The Cast Of “Busted!” And The Difference Between Variety And Dramas

park-min-young-3.jpg

On May 17, style magazine High Cut unveiled their photo shoot with actress Park Min Young.

In the accompanying interview, Park Min Young talked about her most recent projects: Netflix’s Korean variety show “Busted!” and the upcoming drama “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim?”

park-min-young-2.jpg

The new drama continues the actress’s trend of appearing in shows based on other works, such as “Sungkyunkwan Scandal,” “City Hunter,” and “Dr. Jin.” When asked about the pressure of appearing in a drama based on such a popular web novel like “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim?,” she said, “There are parts that are different from the original so there wasn’t a lot of pressure. But there is a greater responsibility that comes from knowing the level of interest that comes from so many fans of the original. I think that serves as great motivation to work harder.”

Park Min Young also shared some insights into the cast for Netflix’s currently-airing variety show “Busted!” “There’s a reason they call Yoo Jae Suk ‘Yoo-neunim,'” she said. “He has a great sense of responsibility, leadership, and modesty, and it’s easy to feel respect for him as a person. I was a fan of his before, but I like him even more now.”

She added, “Lee Kwang Soo‘s sense of humor got better and better every day. The members and the staff all had great harmony together. I’d heard of Kim Sejeong as a trendy celebrity, but she was really kind. She’s not just a pretty young girl, but someone your heart goes out to. She was playful and we became friends fast, and I was grateful that she chose to depend on me.”

Park Min Young also answered questions about the difference between her public image in dramas and in variety shows. “10 years ago, I thought that an actress’s public image should be a bit mysterious, and I was cautious of opinions that said a ‘screwball’ image could be toxic for one’s career. But now I think it’s time for me to show my natural side. I wanted to be free of that kind of ‘trap.’ However, I am still concerned that viewers of ‘What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim?’ might look at my character’s perfect smile and remember the Park Min Young on variety shows who trips on her own coat in the morning.”

Park Min Young’s full photo shoot and interview can be found in the new issue of High Cut.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/15/park-min-young-talks-cast-busted-difference-variety-dramas/

Spoiler

park-min-young1.jpg

park-min-young-1.jpg

• Like 1

Park Seo Joon And Park Min Young Attend Good Luck Ceremony For “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim?”

Park-Min-Young-Park-Joon-Hwa-Park-Seo-Jo

On May 19, “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim?” released photos of its stars Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young at the ceremony. The photos show the two actors smiling brightly with director Park Joon Hwa as they cheer together for the success of the drama.

During the ceremony, Park Joon Hwa remarked optimistically, “I think that the viewers [of ‘What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim?’] will be able to laugh as much as we do on set. I hope that it becomes a happy drama and that everyone will continue to laugh throughout filming. I also hope that our laughter on set reaches the viewers.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/18/park-seo-joon-park-min-young-attend-good-luck-ceremony-whats-wrong-secretary-kim/

Spoiler

Whats-Wrong-with-Secretary-Kim.jpg

“What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim?” PD Talks About Working With Park Seo Joon And Park Min Young

park-seo-joon-park-min-young5.jpg

The upcoming tvN drama follows the story of Lee Young Joon (Park Seo Joon) and his secretary Kim Mi So (Park Min Young). Lee Young Joon is the smart, rich, handsome, and arrogant vice president of a company. Kim Mi So has worked for him for years, so she is perfect for him, but one day, she decides to quit her job.

Park Joon Hwa confidently stated, “Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young are 200 percent synchronized with their characters. There is no better casting than them. I needed actors with basic acting abilities, and they both have solid acting abilities that maximizes the characters, so I am perfectly satisfied.”

Concerning Park Min Young, he said, “She synchronized 200 percent with Kim Mi So, so it made me surprised after seeing the stills. I think she prepared a lot for her acting as well. In particular, she is constantly thinking about how to express Kim Mi So’s everyday life and her efforts to become a perfect secretary.”

Park Joon Hwa also talked about his satisfaction about the great atmosphere on the set. He shared, “Both Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young are the life of the set, and they’re actors who come and prepare earlier than the staff. I always feel their passion for the drama and preparation for their characters. 

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/18/whats-wrong-secretary-kim-pd-talks-working-park-seo-joon-park-min-young/?utm_source=viki&utm_medium=newsmodule-celebrity-web&utm_campaign=soompi_news_module&utm_content=13732pr

Spoiler

Park-Min-Young-Park-Seo-Joon2.jpg