Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024 |New drama 'The Confidence Man KR' (2025), start shooting!/ Three nominations at Korea Drama Festival | Daejeon Film Festival 2024|'MY Beans Fanmeet' in Tokio Nov.8

OksanaSiytra

51 minutes ago, mimi26 said:

I was looking forward to that PMY Special episode. :bawling: As PMY fans, it would have been exciting to see what all she did in Venice.  But then if they air that episode, they will receive backlash. 

Though one wishes things weren't so scripted and fake in the k-industry, that is how it goes. I wish k-celebs could date each other openly and break up openly as well and lead normal lives like the rest of us instead of having to lead such double lives. Anyway I wish Lee Jun Ki and Jeon Hye Bin the best. Must be a trying time for both of them. I hope they pull through!

As far as MY is concerned, I hope this doesn't put her off variety shows since this was her first proper variety show. There is no bunny bunny without red ginseng since it is not really a stand alone kind of variety character. So with this ending so anti-climactically, she can't capitalise on her variety character here for CFs etc.  But MEC helped MY show her more natural side - her wit, her playfulness and her emotional side. I am really happy about that. I had always wanted MY to do a variety show that would bring out her personality and this one did mange to do that to a large extent. It suited MY who loves travelling and who has a very bold and straight forward personality. I am grateful she got a partner who put her at ease and so let her be more herself in front of the camera though in retrospect, it would have been better if they had pitched it as a friends concept. 

Just hope whatever positive reactions she got from this show get carried over to whatever she does next. 

I totally agree with you my dear friend.  I'm just tpo happy reading so many positive comments about her because of MEC.  It's a pity I don't know how to post an instagram picture here but she just updated her instagram account with a very beautiful picture maybe her way of saying to her worried fans that's she is perfectly ok.

Though I enjoyed her MEC episodes so much,  maybe it's time to say annyeong now to Bunny Bunny and welcome the 7 day Queen 

• Like 1

Dispatch dropped the bomb and LJK could not deny anymore. 
Thanks to Dispatch, it was makes us, especially me, did not fantasize excessive to their relationship after watching MEC - part LJK & PMY. Fantasizing stop here LOL.

This show succeeded in bringing audience to fantasize and hoping that their relationship could continue to the next step. It can be proved that the impressions of MEC - part LJK & PMY - in Naver, became the most watched video by visitors.
I could understand why TVN management decided not to publish the next episode. Performances MEC - part LJK & PMY - next  certainly moooore romantic and TVN didn't want that viewers thought that the show was deliberately set. It will affect and interfere with all the MEC show in other episodes with other celebrities. 

And I deeply regrets that LJK looked affectionate and romantic to his co-star in the time that he actually already had a relationship with someone. I think this time he did the wrong thing. He wanted to look as "a single guy" in the eyes of fans, and always denied dating rumors whenever it appears to him, but secretly he had a relationship with someone and didn't want fans to know, until finally Dispatch proved it. Do not know how he will face his fans.

And for our girl, PMY, I always wish the best for her. She's really a cheerful and optimistic girl, she certainly will not be affected by the news. She remains as it was before the show. And hope they maintain their friendship after this.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hrkharis said:

And for our girl, PMY, I always wish the best for her. She's really a cheerful and optimistic girl, she certainly will not be affected by the news. She remains as it was before the show. And hope they maintain their friendship after this.

I am glad she agreed to appear in MEC. After the show, she gained many new fans. I've read many comments stating how they appreciated her more after seeing what a lovely and beautiful person she is in real life. So no...this new will not affect her negatively.

@maryofbethany Hi. No, you didn't say anything wrong. I just don't want to see the "pitying" of MY anymore. We cannot stop the antis from saying negative/bad things about celebrities, I'm sure they are use to it. Instead of feeling sad or pitying MY...I want us to scream *FIGHTING* MY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush:

So Lee Dong Gun instead of Jin Goo for 7 Day Queen then? YES!!!! Kinda weird how he accepted 2nd male lead. Isn't he always a male lead?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, saved2K said:

Anyone here knows when will be the 1st script reading for the Seven Day Queen, please share.   Super excited !!!.

No news of it yet....

17817410_1846757305566422_44979058579456

In light of Lee Jun Ki and Jeon Hye Bin's official dating news, tvN has scrapped the actor and Park Min Young's behind-the-scenes special episode. On April 4, the network stated, "Viewers loved Lee Jun Ki and Park Min Young's story, so we prepared a behind-the-scenes special. However, the producers heard of Lee Jun Ki's dating news and decided it wasn't appropriate to air."

Lee Jun Ki and Park Min Young enraptured viewers with their sweet phone dates, and many fans wanted to see their beautiful friendship develop. However, it looks like they won't be able to get a peek behind the scenes. .

I wonder if the behind the scene...and the scene after they met have more sweeter scenes, like them hugging or longing for each other (as in acting), that's why it's deemed inappropriate to air? I understand that it's not the right time to broadcast it, but darn, I'm curious :). I would treat it like they're in a mini drama together.

Who knows if they will ever get to work with each other again after this.

Healer-ah...why you hugging Oppa Ginseng's girlfriend?17662365_1889915587888547_22776180561024

• Like 3

Park Min Young posted a picture last night in her IG Account which she later deleted.  I also posted the picture here last night without any caption.  I wanted to post the caption here since I've been seeing some translation which says " healing time"  I find it inaccurate and might be interpreted by some that she's been hurting.  That translation does not sit well with me as it may have a negative connotation. There has already been so many negative remarks on LJK which I really feel sad reading.  I really wish him well.  So happy to see below translation posted by a PMY fan.

parkminyoung143[Instagram Update - Deleted]
Caps: "I receive a lot of good energy for SEVEN DAY QUEEN, thank you.  I'm working hard now so please look forward too"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saved2K said:

Caps: "I receive a lot of good energy for SEVEN DAY QUEEN, thank you.  I'm working hard now so please look forward too"

Yeah....I saw the word "healing" and was thinking is that even correct? Thanks for the correct translation. Maybe that's why she deleted the IG, people translating that she was hurt or heartbroken? All I was thinking was she trying to say....she had enough rest and vacations, now she is off to 7DQ...LOL

• Like 3

4 hours ago, saved2K said:

Park Min Young posted a picture last night in her IG Account which she later deleted.  I also posted the picture here last night without any caption.  I wanted to post the caption here since I've been seeing some translation which says " healing time"  I find it inaccurate and might be interpreted by some that she's been hurting.  That translation does not sit well with me as it may have a negative connotation. There has already been so many negative remarks on LJK which I really feel sad reading.  I really wish him well.  So happy to see below translation posted by a PMY fan.

Its so sweet that her fans help her and made correct translations. Thank you!

Only watched MEC because of PMY and loved it!  LJK does look bad for participating in this show...don't care what anybody else says....period.  The premise that we are delusional about the relationship we thought developed between them is unfair.  The show is promoting Romance.  Two single people meeting on the phone, getting to know one another, flirting, and trying to guess who they are.  

Now if that isn't the recipe for a potential match up what are we watching this program for?  Why were we anticipating their final reveal?     Why did we smile like idiots whenever LJK got giddy on the phone while talking to our gal PMY?  Why did I repeat that ending so many times?   Sure they were friends but the show now looks like a total fake out.  I really believed the reactions from both PMY & LJK were genuine.....they were enjoying each other's conversation and LJK was especially ardent in his quest to meet up again......Sooooo.  I'm mad that this show matched LJK with her.  He should NOT have gone on this show with a girlfriend behind the scenes.  Otherwise he should have been super careful not to promote anything but friendship....which a lot of his fans are trying to say that's all he did.   REALLY?

I personally felt very disappointed in LJK since I did jump on the bandwagon after watching MEC.   My fault for thinking a reality show is actually reality.   MEC is dead to me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mcdc said:

Only watched MEC because of PMY and loved it!  LJK does look bad for participating in this show...don't care what anybody else says....period.  The premise that we are delusional about the relationship we thought developed between them is unfair.  The show is promoting Romance.  Two single people meeting on the phone, getting to know one another, flirting, and trying to guess who they are.  

Now if that isn't the recipe for a potential match up what are we watching this program for?  Why were we anticipating their final reveal?     Why did we smile like idiots whenever LJK got giddy on the phone while talking to our gal PMY?  Why did I repeat that ending so many times?   Sure they were friends but the show now looks like a total fake out.  I really believed the reactions from both PMY & LJK were genuine.....they were enjoying each other's conversation and LJK was especially ardent in his quest to meet up again......Sooooo.  I'm mad that this show matched LJK with her.  He should NOT have gone on this show with a girlfriend behind the scenes.  Otherwise he should have been super careful not to promote anything but friendship....which a lot of his fans are trying to say that's all he did.   REALLY?

I personally felt very disappointed in LJK since I did jump on the bandwagon after watching MEC.   My fault for thinking a reality show is actually reality.   MEC is dead to me.

:blush: I am just glad that the show was able to show a different side of Park Min Young.  Her reaction when she heard LJK mentioned her name was honest and sincere... it really touched my heart and made me cry.   but I honestly didn't sense any romantic vibe from our dear Min Young during their last phone call.  She was very polite and apologetic because of how she handled their phone calls early on. It was obvious that  she  was having fun and enjoyed teasing him but still everything was done in good taste.  It seems that it is more of a friendly encounter for both of them. LJK even said that he was happy to be able to talk to a friend.  It just so happen that they have awesome chemistry otherwise we will not be led to believe that this friendship could develop into something romantic. :blush:   Though this is a reality show.... what we sometime perceived to be may not always be the case.

BTW, A BIG THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING PMY. Glad that you enjoyed her episodes in MEC :heart:

• Like 1

I will always support PMY and wish she would do more on the screen.  That's why when I heard she was participating on her first reality show I jumped at the chance to watch her.

i got caught up in the chemistry they had and really feel I got sucker punched.  I feel bad for the show since if what they say is true that they only found out about LJK's relationship news from the media, and have now cancelled the special, their reputation is on the chopping block with the public.  I believe most of us realize these shows are somewhat scripted but what we don't expect is that the reactions and conversations are also scripted.  It may not be 100 percent spontaneous but while watching PMY and LJK react to each other I can't believe that it was fake.  That's my problem with this whole situation.  They were both flirting and I don't think PMY would have done that if she knew he had a girlfriend.  That was unfair to her and worst...unfair to his now acknowledged significant other.  He was not acting in a kdrama or movie.  It was a "reality" show that was supposed to showcase their natural personalities while at the same time highlight a potentially deeper connection.  He should have been truthful to the shows producers and let them decide if he would be the best candidate for a show like this.  If they choose to use him knowing that then we could fault them for playing up the romantic chemistry by playing of all songs.....the one from Healer!!

i actually wavered my fan girl fantasy for the Healer pairing.....lol.  I'm just going to concentrate on PMY' s next kdrama....thank goodness for that.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, hrkharis said:

Dispatch dropped the bomb and LJK could not deny anymore. 
Thanks to Dispatch, it was makes us, especially me, did not fantasize excessive to their relationship after watching MEC - part LJK & PMY. Fantasizing stop here LOL.

This show succeeded in bringing audience to fantasize and hoping that their relationship could continue to the next step. It can be proved that the impressions of MEC - part LJK & PMY - in Naver, became the most watched video by visitors.
I could understand why TVN management decided not to publish the next episode. Performances MEC - part LJK & PMY - next  certainly moooore romantic and TVN didn't want that viewers thought that the show was deliberately set. It will affect and interfere with all the MEC show in other episodes with other celebrities. 

And I deeply regrets that LJK looked affectionate and romantic to his co-star in the time that he actually already had a relationship with someone. I think this time he did the wrong thing. He wanted to look as "a single guy" in the eyes of fans, and always denied dating rumors whenever it appears to him, but secretly he had a relationship with someone and didn't want fans to know, until finally Dispatch proved it. Do not know how he will face his fans.

I just really wish that LJK should've been very careful on he all said (scripted or not), to avoid controversies....   He should've think a lot about the consequences especially that he knew he's on a "secret" relationship... Respect in other words...  I know he has control on what to say, cause there's really not much script..  He can be just be himself... (unless those translations were not really that accurate, I wish I knew korean!)....  I really want to see those special eps, bcoz of PMY's outfits and  sceneries....  and for PMY, I dont worry much, she's so smart & carefree from the beginning...  The only thing I saw on her is that, she's weak,,, and that's understandable.. She has this much emotions, that really can be felt naturally... I can't blame if she said from the start that she can express herself freely before, because of the "fear" and misunderstandings.... I really know what she mean by that...... ( cause Im like that too!, hahhaa)... She's very typical asian: she always thinks of others... But worry not PMY, just continue to be yourself!.. As long as you know that you're not hurting anyone...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hrh77 said:

I just really wish that LJK should've been very careful on he all said (scripted or not), to avoid controversies....   He should've think a lot about the consequences especially that he knew he's on a "secret" relationship... Respect in other words...  I know he has control on what to say, cause there's really not much script..  He can be just be himself... (unless those translations were not really that accurate, I wish I knew korean!)....  I really want to see those special eps, bcoz of PMY's outfits and  sceneries....  and for PMY, I dont worry much, she's so smart & carefree from the beginning...  The only thing I saw on her is that, she's weak,,, and that's understandable.. She has this much emotions, that really can be felt naturally... I can't blame if she said from the start that she can express herself freely before, because of the "fear" and misunderstandings.... I really know what she mean by that...... ( cause Im like that too!, hahhaa)... She's very typical asian: she always thinks of others... But worry not PMY, just continue to be yourself!.. As long as you know that you're not hurting anyone...

Agree. He should be wiser in playing its role as the "Red Ginseng" in Candy and should think about the subsequent impact of what he was doing in the show.
He certainly didn't think that Dispatch will bring evidence (the photos) soon, in while, he currently has a high bargaining power in terms of his career, and as "the most wanted bachelor" in the Korean entertainment industry. 

It is true that he didn't make big mistakes. He has the right to have a relationship with someone and hide it but what we have seen so far that he always gives excessive attention to his co-stars, like in the Moon Lovers and then in Candy, can make viewers misinterpreting. 

So I can't blame fans if they sail him with his co-star in his latest drama. We can see it in the BTS and SBS Drama Awards. What he did there, it can't be said that he was one who cared the co-star. Even a well-known presenter, Lee Hwi Jae, let slip that there is something suspicious between them when he interviewed them on stage of Drama Awards.

Many people blame Dispatch and wondered why the media dropped the bomb on him while he was starring Candy and is undergoing a series of tour. It's about time. Sooner or later, his relation romance will certainly be revealed by the media.

Did Dispatch make a mistake with stalking him and his girl? 
That's the media, always want to get the leading news and exclusive report than other media. Similarly, a celebrity who wants to get a higher offer than the other celebrities. 
Paparazzi will not be thinking about whether what they are doing is violating someone's privacy or not. As long as they do not enter into a private room, it is fine, and the Dispatch did its job in a public area. If we look at the photos, it seemed he and his girlfriend knew that he was being followed and he was not trying to hide.

Forgive me lingering to talk about him. It seems that this is my last opinion on his controversy, like the media says.
Honestly I admit that at first he isn't my favorite actor. I started paying attention to him when I saw the Moon Lovers drama, and thought that he was a talented actor. Became his followers on IG and always follow his activities, as I also do to the other favorite actor. I became even more excited when I learned that he appeared in Candy along with my favorite actress, PMY.

Hopefully he can learn from this controversy and become more thoughtful in the future.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, mcdc said:

LOL...can we just assume we were all watching two great actors/actress with explosive chemistry in a mini series?

I don't know, I like LJG and think he matched well with MY in real life. This was not based on the oozing chemistry from MEC, but from watching him on Running Man and his interviews before MEC. I too would have shipped them (if he was single). LJG and MY would make such a powerful and beautiful pair, a star couple. After the news broke, I was not at all upset. Maybe it was too early to be invested and they've only talked for 3 days (but okay, those 3 days made my heart fluttered every minute they're on the phone together...LOL)? :) 

I also understand the fans feeling "betrayed" and their anger about him being in MEC, acting the way he did, portraying himself as single, and lonely when indeed he's been in a relationship for couple years. It's just unfortunate for him that Dispatch oust him at the wrong time. If they exposed him 6 months from now, he wouldn't get as much backlash.

Now maybe you can go back to your original ship? Changmin? Here this may help you get back on track again..I know all the Changminers are rejoicing by rehashing all these BTS. Now this is the real reality show..LOL.

cr: owner

Spoiler

Seven Day Queen: Cast have been confirmed! Filming should start soon.

17662632_1260727910689334_44849458070148

• Like 1

Lee Dong Gun Joins Park Min Young And Yeon Woo Jin For New KBS Historical Drama

Lee-Dong-Gun-Park-Min-Young-Yeon-Woo-Jin

The main lead casting for KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “The Seven-Day Queen” (literal title) has been completed.

After considering the offer, Lee Dong Gun has accepted to join Park Min Young and Yeon Woo Jin in the new drama headed by director Lee Jung Seob. “The Seven-Day Queen” is a historical romance drama that revolves around Queen Dan Kyung, who sat on the throne for an incredibly short amount of time.

Lee Dong Gun will be starring in the drama as Lee Yoong, the 10th king of Joseon. His character is described as a sad king who is unable to win the heart of the woman he loves. The actor is set to show a wide range of emotions such as love, obsession, and madness. Many are excited to see him play a different kind of character than the ones from his previous works.

Yeon Woo Jin will playing prince Lee Yeok, the half brother of Lee Yoong. Historically, Lee Yeok is known as the prince who drove out his older brother and sat on the throne.

Park Min Young will be playing Queen Dan Kyung, who receives the love from both these men at the same time. While her character dreams of having a pure love, she ends up having to follow the most politically advantageous choices regardless of her own will.

Meanwhile, “The Seven-Day Queen” is set to air after “The Queen of Reason” (tentative title).

Source (1)

• Like 3

Changmin......thank you Minwookie.   I loved them in Healer and thought WOW that's what you call chemistry.   I try not to wish too much about my favorites actually connecting but a girl can dream, right?   I was actually surprised that PMY had so much rapport with LJK....but then one never knows.   She is so naturally sweet....who wouldn't think she's a great person to be around?  LJK seemed genuinely enthralled by her laughter and happy disposition.   Wish I could take you up on your offer to think of their MEC segments as a mini series.......but I can't because that's not what I saw it as.  They were just two people who happen to be famous and who had a great time communicating.   LJK went too far when in one segment he asked if anyone touched her heart in the last two months, and when she said yes, hoping she meant him or when he asked her would he be someone she would be interested in.....stuff like that.   Inappropriate in light of what we know about him now but the main thing is PMY is not getting a negative review on this whole mess.

I will just forget it ever happened and wait for her new kdrama.  Great costars and hopefully a great story too!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, hrkharis said:

Agree. He should be wiser in playing its role as the "Red Ginseng" in Candy and should think about the subsequent impact of what he was doing in the show.
He certainly didn't think that Dispatch will bring evidence (the photos) soon, in while, he currently has a high bargaining power in terms of his career, and as "the most wanted bachelor" in the Korean entertainment industry. 

It is true that he didn't make big mistakes. He has the right to have a relationship with someone and hide it but what we have seen so far that he always gives excessive attention to his co-stars, like in the Moon Lovers and then in Candy, can make viewers misinterpreting. 

So I can't blame fans if they sail him with his co-star in his latest drama. We can see it in the BTS and SBS Drama Awards. What he did there, it can't be said that he was one who cared the co-star. Even a well-known presenter, Lee Hwi Jae, let slip that there is something suspicious between them when he interviewed them on stage of Drama Awards.

Many people blame Dispatch and wondered why the media dropped the bomb on him while he was starring Candy and is undergoing a series of tour. It's about time. Sooner or later, his relation romance will certainly be revealed by the media.

Did Dispatch make a mistake with stalking him and his girl? 
That's the media, always want to get the leading news and exclusive report than other media. Similarly, a celebrity who wants to get a higher offer than the other celebrities. 
Paparazzi will not be thinking about whether what they are doing is violating someone's privacy or not. As long as they do not enter into a private room, it is fine, and the Dispatch did its job in a public area. If we look at the photos, it seemed he and his girlfriend knew that he was being followed and he was not trying to hide.

Forgive me lingering to talk about him. It seems that this is my last opinion on his controversy, like the media says.
Honestly I admit that at first he isn't my favorite actor. I started paying attention to him when I saw the Moon Lovers drama, and thought that he was a talented actor. Became his followers on IG and always follow his activities, as I also do to the other favorite actor. I became even more excited when I learned that he appeared in Candy along with my favorite actress, PMY.

Hopefully he can learn from this controversy and become more thoughtful in the future.

Exactly... Because there's no secret you can hide forever... & even it's revealed that broken up, yet flirting "during" that relationship, I don't it'll be fair for the girl.. You know how "weak" girls are even if it's not true....   It's so easy to say than done...  Oh well, boys will be boys... I even followed him on IG after MEC... but there's no update from him lately...  But, Thank u, LJK, Im going back to JCW.... hahaha..

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mcdc said:

Changmin......thank you Minwookie.   I loved them in Healer and thought WOW that's what you call chemistry.   I try not to wish too much about my favorites actually connecting but a girl can dream, right?   I was actually surprised that PMY had so much rapport with LJK....but then one never knows.   She is so naturally sweet....who wouldn't think she's a great person to be around?  LJK seemed genuinely enthralled by her laughter and happy disposition.   Wish I could take you up on your offer to think of their MEC segments as a mini series.......but I can't because that's not what I saw it as.  They were just two people who happen to be famous and who had a great time communicating.   LJK went too far when in one segment he asked if anyone touched her heart in the last two months, and when she said yes, hoping she meant him or when he asked her would he be someone she would be interested in.....stuff like that.   Inappropriate in light of what we know about him now but the main thing is PMY is not getting a negative review on this whole mess.

I will just forget it ever happened and wait for her new kdrama.  Great costars and hopefully a great story too!

Don't worry it will pass... just let it slide.  Park Min Young has always good chemistry with her onscreen partners.  For sure she will also have great chemistry with Yeon Woo Jin and by just looking at their photos, I'm already liking them 

• Like 1