Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024 |New drama 'The Confidence Man KR' (2025), start shooting!/ Three nominations at Korea Drama Festival | Daejeon Film Festival 2024|'MY Beans Fanmeet' in Tokio Nov.8

OksanaSiytra

Good to know she is spending her time with her family. :) Happy to see so many new fans on this thread because of Healer. It has been a while since she got a project where she was in sync with the whole team like this and where she also got appreciated from the beginning to the end.

I really hope she does a proper fanmeet in China this time where she does some fun activities with her fans, like baking a cake (since she is good at it), re-enact scenes from her dramas with her fans, sing some songs etc. The way she was so chilled out with her korean fans in the Guerilla Date interview gives me hope that she can shed off some of that shyness and interact with her fans for real in a fanmeet sometime in the future. During the KBS star date in 2011, she was so shy when shooting in the amusement park, now she is more relaxed.

Just hope Healer has validated her belief in her own acting and is a starting point for her to turn her dream of becoming "an actress and not a star" into reality. Since she says she has shed off some of her baggage of looking pretty/tall, I hope that signals a new journey for her where she takes on roles which are realistic and varied. Now she shouldn't do a role like CYS for some time and get typecast.

I worry as well. It will be a huge challenge to live up to people's expectations next time she chooses a project coz her CYS has been so loved. When I think about YEH going for a diametrically opposite role in "Take care of my lady" after her success with CP and how it was not that well-received despite her challenging herself, it does seem a hard job to follow up on your successful projects even while challenging yourself. Let's see. Anyway, I want MY to go for a really challenging role only when she is ready for it. At this point, I think she has to hone her acting skills before she can take on a really complex role and do justice to it. But choosing different kinds of roles, if backed up with good writing, will definitely make her think more about her own acting and dig into places she has not before. Doing movies will give her a greater variety of roles. While I want her to do main leads in movies, I also don't want her to pass up meaningful cameos in good movies. That way, without having to tire herself out, she can make some impact and also do a greater variety of roles than will be offered to female main leads. She is still a drama actress, but if her dream is to strike it big in films as well, she needs to build her career there from scratch.

Hi @PiyuMiUmesha I didn't know you are srilankan. :)

@saved2k Hello, yeah, it is hard these days because of my studies. Anyway, I hope my progress with my studies mirrors MY's progress also. :)

Some tidbits about Min Young for the new fans:

Regarding Min Young, she likes to keep her life private. Even when she went with Kim Min Seo to Paris last year, neither she nor Min Seo tweeted about it. It was from a korean woman who recognized her that we even got to know. Min Young's sister used to study in NY univ, don't know what she is doing now.

I remember reading somewhere that MY persuaded her mother to come to korea as she wanted to become an actress. And then of course, that story about her mom showing her horoscope to many astrologers and all of them predicting that she would become an actress.

As @PiyuMiUmesha said, we don't know much about her father or why she doesn't mention him often. The only indirect mention she made of her father as far I can remember is when she said that she remembered her own parents during the scene in CH where Nana  looks at the photograph of her parents and cries.

Yoo Ah In and Min Young are still close since MY did attend even his last movie premiere. It was the DM option on twitter that YAI taught MY since when she didn't reply to his DMs, he asked her about it and then she confessed her ignorance. He also had mentioned her along with the skks gang as some of his celeb friends in an interview. I do not know what he meant by it, but he said that he had lost his prejudice regarding actresses after working with MY.

Song Joong Ki and Min Young used to be in the same agency before - Sidus HQ and he was supposed to do "Running Shirt" with her. But then he withdrew and joined SKKS and then MY was cast as the female lead after the withdrawal of the actress they had cast first. Though SJK was slightly older, he didn't want MY to treat him like a senior and so MY used to call him "Joong Ki jjang" (Joong Ki, the best) instead of oppa. Min Young said in the skks japanese interview that since she and SJK look kind of similar in both being baby-faced, she would want them to act as twins in a future project. But Joong Ki wanted them to do a Secret Garden kind of drama. (I hope they get to act as a couple instead of twins. Sorry, Min Young!)

As Yoochun and Min Young had some unfortunate dating rumours during SKKS shooting, I think they were very careful about appearing to be friends in public after that. So, that could be the reason we don't get to hear of much of their interactions after the drama ended. Otherwise, Min Young usually keeps in touch with those co-stars she seems to be friends with on the sets.

MY used to be shy in her early days as an actress and used to give off the impression of being cold. So to get rid of that image, If I remember right, she said that she used to keep a smile on her face. In her Ja Myung Go co-star Jung Ryeo Won's interview, she says she approached MY first since MY was the kind who kept to herself. And after that, MY and she became good friends and they used to phone and text each other. MY became one of her favourite dongsaengs after that.

But after that, MY became more proactive in her interactions with her co-stars. Both Kim Min Seo and Kim Dong Wook have talked about how much she used to care for them during filming. Yoochun has also spoken about how she used to help him in his solo scenes by giving reaction shots even when she was not required for the scene. Almost all her co-stars have agreed that she is very strong internally and can go through even the hardest of filming schedules with a smile. In fact, MY says that she tries to smile extra bright when she is feeling the most tired. Haha

Min Young also once confessed to rewatching her dramas under a blanket so that no one else would see her doing it. She used to be pretty embarrassed about watching them in company, but as an actress,she used to feel that it was important for her to review her acting. Whenever her mother would come, she would switch off whatever she was watching.

I miss @yamashi02 since she used to have many tidbits about Min Young, some of which I have forgotten now.

Hope to see @JzzMeen and @AndOne here soon. I know both must be busy.

@blossomnagr My dedicated chinggu, I wish you would get your job soon. Fighting!

One of those rare times MY let us have a feel of the kind of person she is was when she shared the list of her favourite songs. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=265837310184360&id=224308141025754 She used to write long posts on cyworld long back about what she was thinking, feeling etc, You can access them on coolsmurf.

Btw I don't think anybody needs to worry about Min Young going for an arranged marriage just because she comes from a rich family. Haha She is the kind of person who follows her heart and makes that choice which makes her the happiest. Plus, she got a super-supportive mom who is like her friend.

mimi26 said: Some tidbits about Min Young for the new fans:

Regarding Min Young, she likes to keep her life private. Even when she went with Kim Min Seo to Paris last year, neither she nor Min Seo tweeted about it. It was from a korean woman who recognized her that we even got to know. Min Young's sister used to study in NY univ, don't know what she is doing now.

I remember reading somewhere that MY persuaded her mother to come to korea as she wanted to become an actress. And then of course, that story about her mom showing her horoscope to many astrologers and all of them predicting that she would become an actress.

As @PiyuMiUmesha said, we don't know much about her father or why she doesn't mention him often. The only indirect mention she made of her father as far I can remember is when she said that she remembered her own parents during the scene in CH where Nana  looks at the photograph of her parents and cries.

Yoo Ah In and Min Young are still close since MY did attend even his last movie premiere. It was the DM option on twitter that YAI taught MY since when she didn't reply to his DMs, he asked her about it and then she confessed her ignorance. He also had mentioned her along with the skks gang as some of his celeb friends in an interview. I do not know what he meant by it, but he said that he had lost his prejudice regarding actresses after working with MY.

Song Joong Ki and Min Young used to be in the same agency before - Sidus HQ and he was supposed to do "Running Shirt" with her. But then he withdrew and joined SKKS and then MY was cast as the female lead after the withdrawal of the actress they had cast first. Though SJK was slightly older, he didn't want MY to treat him like a senior and so MY used to call him "Joong Ki jjang" (Joong Ki, the best) instead of oppa. Min Young said in the skks japanese interview that since she and SJK look kind of similar in both being baby-faced, she would want them to act as twins in a future project. But Joong Ki wanted them to do a Secret Garden kind of drama. (I hope they get to act as a couple instead of twins. Sorry, Min Young!)

As Yoochun and Min Young had some unfortunate dating rumours during SKKS shooting, I think they were very careful about appearing to be friends in public after that. So, that could be the reason we don't get to hear of much of their interactions after the drama ended. Otherwise, Min Young usually keeps in touch with those co-stars she seems to be friends with on the sets.

MY used to be shy in her early days as an actress and used to give off the impression of being cold. So to get rid of that image, If I remember right, she said that she used to keep a smile on her face. In her Ja Myung Go co-star Jung Ryeo Won's interview, she says she approached MY first since MY was the kind who kept to herself. And after that, MY and she became good friends and they used to phone and text each other. MY became one of her favourite dongsaengs after that.

But after that, MY became more proactive in her interactions with her co-stars. Both Kim Min Seo and Kim Dong Wook have talked about how much she used to care for them during filming. Yoochun has also spoken about how she used to help him in his solo scenes by giving reaction shots even when she was not required for the scene. Almost all her co-stars have agreed that she is very strong internally and can go through even the hardest of filming schedules with a smile. In fact, MY says that she tries to smile extra bright when she is feeling the most tired. Haha

Min Young also once confessed to rewatching her dramas under a blanket so that no one else would see her doing it. She used to be pretty embarrassed about watching them in company, but as an actress,she used to feel that it was important for her to review her acting. Whenever her mother would come, she would switch off whatever she was watching.

I miss @yamashi02 since she used to have many tidbits about Min Young, some of which I have forgotten now.

@blossomnagr My dedicated chinggu, I wish you would get your job soon. Fighting!

One of those rare times MY let us have a feel of the kind of person she is was when she shared the list of her favourite songs. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=265837310184360&id=224308141025754 She used to write long posts on cyworld long back about what she was thinking, feeling etc, You can access them on coolsmurf.

Btw I don't think anybody needs to worry about Min Young going for an arranged marriage just because she comes from a rich family. Haha She is the kind of person who follows her heart and makes that choice which makes her the happiest. Plus, she got a super-supportive mom who is like her friend.

Min Young said in the skks japanese interview that since she and SJK look kind of similar in both being baby-faced, she would want them to act as twins in a future project. But Joong Ki wanted them to do a Secret Garden kind of drama. (I hope they get to act as a couple instead of twins. Sorry, Min Young!)

I want them in Secret Garden drama style!!!! :x

Guest youngshin

@rushcute

it is freezing in NY so most likely west coast,

swcheeks said: mimi26 said: Some tidbits about Min Young for the new fans:

@rushcute @everyone, it would be great if PMY did end up in SF area haha! (I'm from that area too)
But I doubt she'll want to come out here because the Korean community here is not as big as the LA area.
And right now, Northern California is bi-polar haha!
MY might end up in Hawaii for all we know.
Nice surfs and sunny blue skies.
I hope she enjoys her break with the family.
That's always needed after such a hectic shooting schedule for a drama.

Edit:
In addition, thank you @mimi26 for that awesome introduction about PMY.
I'm totally new to her. I've only seen her in City Hunter and Healer.
That is such great info to find out. Thank you again ^_^

mimi26 said: Some tidbits about Min Young for the new fans:

Guest wizengamot

i like healer. the whole story. the cast and being totally bias ( I MEAN IT, I'M BIAS) i watched healer because of minyoung. i mean i hardly know JCW but because of her, of watching her in healer i got to know JCW and i've got to see such an excellent awesome (insert every daebak adjective here) kdrama. i got to say she's my most fav actress. i know other famous kdrama actress and i know that there may be out there much more talented than her. but still i can't like them as much as minyoung

@mimi26 Thanks for the introducing us new fans to PMY a little bit more. :D Always liked PMY in her dramas, but I can honestly say that Healer made me a big fan. There was something about her acting in Healer that is different, like she was more connected to her character and acts her so effortlessly, which in turn, made us, viewers relate to her and feel connected to her as well. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for her. :D 
Now, where is that recent interview?!!! Hope it comes out after the holidays. 
EDIT: Okay, PMY just introduced me to Rachel Yamagata. PMY's got taste people! :D