Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024 |New drama 'The Confidence Man KR' (2025), start shooting!/ Three nominations at Korea Drama Festival 2024|'MY Beans Fanmeet' in Tokio Nov.8

OksanaSiytra

Well the first thing I do when a drama ends is send off my  character thinking she will live happily ever after. And at the same  time, I fill that emptied spot in my heart. It actually takes a longer  time for me to let go of my character if I try to do the two separately.  So I just let go of my characters and let in the next without too much  haste. I don't think I'll be Jae-in completely for the first script  reading of the drama either. I might be a kid who's trying to  impersonate her. So I said this to the screenwriter as well. "I'm the  type that goes slow with this." And she told me to just do what I need  to get done before we go into shoot. (laugh) I'm also not the type that  acts well technically. There are times my pronunciation is bad and  sometimes, I just can't speak well when I need to talk fast because my  body won't move as fast as my brain. There really just isn't much that  I'm good at. But I do tend have more affection for my characters than  what I have. So I really love the characters I play and try to  understand them.

I loved reading this. It is so great to hear how she approaches her characters and how she analyses herself as an actress. I am proud of her for being so honest about her strengths and weaknesses. This drive to better herself at each point, I hope, helps her in the long run. I am also excited to see Jae-In since Eunbyeol, KYH or Nana did not have any mannerisms as such that were their own. The screenwriter's suggestions seem pretty interesting. Would be quite a novel thing to see a rap-like fast-talking PMY always in a hurry and having a louder voice than we are used to. It can go either way, but I really hope she can pull this off! The screenwriter seems to have a clear idea of the characters and might have thought of something similar for the male leads as well. So though there is no escaping 'birth secrets' in a melodrama, hope it turns out to be an enjoyable fare and something that helps PMY challenge herself as an actress.

@smashingalou

The 10Asia people are quite good and their questions help bring out the person behind the actor/actress. Even their last interview was so good! Compared to the last interview, I find PMY more critical of herself. Maybe it is because she has reached that position where she can watch herself objectively and understand what all she needs to improve. What remains unchanged is her determination not to take anything for granted. That way I am glad she did Princess Ja Myung Go.

Love seeing her in those gowns! Hope we get to see her in something quite stunning in Jae-In like that mermaid dress in CH!

@JzzMeen n saved2K

I must say the fans who make these fanvideos should seriously think of going for film making because they have great editing skills and their imagination is daebak! The MinMin video was so sweet. Loved how they put scenes from "I am Sam" in there as the prelude and when they meet again, the scene where she thinks back about him was so LOL! Also could re-live the beautiful MinMin moments till episode 13, after which the love track became a bit cliched for me in CH. But I so want to see a goofy LMH n a bratty MY as in 'I am Sam'. Love MY when she does bratty characters! The Nana meets Cinderella's Sister was really passionate and angsty. Hope our poor leads don't have to cry as much in the drama as they show in the video. The person who made this video is also amazing. Great editing to juxtapose similar scenes from both dramas. Like when she is in the body guard suit talking, the person has put his scenes when he is in a suit. Ha ha. But had lots of fun watching it and I can see some chemistry between the two even based on this video. :wub:

@saved2k

Thanks for the never before seen KBS BTS pics. Wonder whether there are pics like that for Baeksang as well. With this 10Asia interview, it is time for me to celebrate my one year anniversary following Min Young. :) I don't think I will ever let go of SKKS and Kim Yoon Hee. Of the many faces of Yoon Shik, I love the 8th one! Any idea from which scene the 13th photo is taken from?

@JzzMeen

Those Hawaii pics look gorgeous! MY always manages to combine her photoshoots with her vacation! She sure is a workaholic! :o

@Mikannokimi

Welcome to the thread. Yes, she is very grounded and that is what makes her so relatable. Hope to see more of you in this thread.

@Its now or never and Otua

Yes, however bumpy the road ahead may be, she has the right attitude. Though she has been acting for 5 years, it is now that she seems to have found her sweet spot in acting. Let's hope "Glorious Jae In" becomes another landmark in her career.

Good night, everyone!

Guest smashingalou

It's been a year now, but still addicted to SKKS

*quoted image*

I'm glad I am able to catch up now with SKKS, I'm currently on Episode 14. I started last Monday and I would have love to go straight to Episode 20 but I don't want to end up like the Taiwanese woman who almost became blind ( :( ) and I have to go to work ( :( )....But here's so far what I can say...

" HOW AM I JUST WATCHING SKKS NOW?!!??? IT'S SO DAMN GOOD."

For a start, I've been watching kdramas for almost 9 years now and I'm not really into their period dramas. I've watched Jewel in the Palace before just to know what the ruckus is all about but for some reason, I'm not really into it. I guess for me korean sageuk dramas are too heavy to watch, heavy with cultural stuff along with the costumes.

BUT SKKS???? Wow, it totally blew me away.Ok, ok I'm probably being biased because PMY is in it (which I think I actually am, hehehe) but other than that very transparent reason, I like the entirety of the drama itself. I'm glad PMY chose this drama as it totally opened a whole lot of opportunities for her. Although, it is still heavy with cultural stuff, the way the drama conveyed it is light, enjoyable and fun. The J3 boys are eyecandies as well and woot, PMY really looks good with everyone even if she's acting as a boy.

Though I know it will break my heart into pieces in the end If I root for the 2nd lead, but I'm totally loving Yoo Ah In's Moon Jae Shin-Geol Oh character now. How could I just met him??!!! Ah in is alluring ( not to mention, I always fall for the bad boy image).

And I'm totally loving PMY's various expression here, she's so cute.... :)

fmp1mb.jpg

Cr to CJM twitter act!  

JM_Chun JM Chun 천정명  좋은아침!! 어제는 날씨가 참 좋았는데, 오늘은 날씨가 먹구름이 짙게 끼워있네요. 오늘은 드라마 "영광의 재인" 대본리허설날~ 슬슬 긴장되네요!! 저에게 힘을 불어넣주세요^^ 모두들 좋은하루보내세요!!

JM_Chun JM Chun 천정명  영광의 재인!! 드라마 대본이에요^^ 멋지죠? 지금 대본리허설 후 휴식시간에...

I think today is their first script reading?  So excited to see PMY again.  Fighting PMY! smile.gif

Sung Yuri and Park Min Young roam Hawaii for ‘SURE’

by  GONI  on August 19, 2011 at 9:36 pm

20110819_sure_yuri_minyoung_6.jpg

Sung Yuri and Park Min Young, the leading ladies of rival dramas “Romance Town” and “City Hunter“, met up in Hawaii for a lax photoshoot with ‘Sure‘ magazine.

The September issue saw Sung Yuri and Park Min Young looking quite  close as they strolled down the streets of Waikiki. Sung Yuri rocked a  mish-mesh of patterns that gave her a slightly androgynous look, while  Park Min Young looked quite feminine with her short dresses and loose  wavy hair.

A staff member on set commented, “Looking at Sung Yuri and Park Min Young side by side like this reminded me of Betty Davies and Katharine Hepburn”.

20110819_sure_yuri_minyoung_1.jpg

In her interview with “Sure”, Sung Yuri praised Park Min Young with, “Her  genuine attitude was very nice. More than anything, she is a very  polite girl with proper etiquette. After debuting, she worked hard in  various fields – sitcoms, traditional dramas, and other such projects –  which makes me give her respect.”

Park Min Young returned the compliments with, “In addition to her looks, Sung Yuri’s heart is like an angel’s. She is very thoughtful of others and she is also very religious.”

Since Hawaii lacks the season of autumn, the two actresses created a  unique feel that stood out from the standard fall pictorials hitting  other fashion magazines this month. You can check out the full interview  and pictorial in the September issue of “Sure”.

20110819_sure_yuri_minyoung_1-150x150.jpg20110819_sure_yuri_2-150x150.jpg20110819_sure_yuri_3-150x150.jpg

20110819_sure_minyoung_4-150x150.jpg20110819_sure_minyoung_5-150x150.jpg  20110819_sure_yuri_minyoung_6-150x150.jpg

Source: allkpop

Finally! After two days of not being able to access the net...I'm alive again and excited to see new posts here in the thread..

@JzzMeen

Thanks for the translation of the interview! You really rock! :lol:

After reading her interview in the 10asia...I felt inspired and awed by her great personality..Her answers made me realize that I should not dwell on my failures as a reason of my downfall, but instead, use these failures to be successful and persevering. I had been in a slump these days, but reading her answers made me think that it is not the end of the journey, but rather, it's just the beginning. No one can bring back the past, but anyone could start again and make a better future..

And about the last line, I totally agreed with her...not everyone has the chance to be in her shoes and she's really cherishing the fact that she is fortunate and has a lot of opportunities...You know what I like about this girl?? She makes readers of her interview realize how life should be lived and how lucky they are in their current state...Park Min Young is really one-of-a-kind..^_^

Reading her answers made me admire her more not just an actress but also as a person...She's really mature and intelligent...And I'm really really sure that whoever wins her heart should not let it go because anyone is sooooooo lucky to be with her: She's pretty, humble, caring, others-centered and her attitude and way of thinking is mature and complex...I'm looking forward to see her grow and be at the top because she's the kind that should be rewarded with her mature thoughts in life and in her career..PMY fighting!!

@smashinglou

Thanks for the pictures!!! She seems to enjoy everything that she does because her smile says it all..And you're right, she can pull any kind of character: She could be seductive, cute, pretty, elegant, bubbly and lively all at the same time..Now who wouldn't love this great actress?? ^_^

I was also suffering the second lead syndrome when I was watching SKKS..but too bad it's way too impossible for Geol Oh and Yoon Hee to be together...so I just shipped the main couple and at the back of my mind made Yoon Hee marry all the J3 boys in the show...if guys before could have concubines, why can't Yoon Hee have??hahaha...

@saved2K

Thanks for the pictures friend!! She really has a body to die for, doesn't she? It's such a waste that she wasn't able to show that in SKKS,hahaha...though her figure still shows when she's wearing a male hanbok..I think she was asked about her most favorite part in her body and she said that it's her legs..now I'm not wondering why..^_^

The before KBS awards preparation is really nice..she's just TOO gorgeous during the KBS awards that even Ah In, Joong Ki and Yoo Chun can't take their eyes off her.. :phew: And her smile can really brighten up any storm...Loved the Yoon Hee faces and the SKKS pictures even though a year passed..^^

And totally agreeing with you that she looks good with anyone because she's Park Min Young...the KBS team might thought of the same when they made the KBS parody wherein they paired her up with a lot guys in different dramas(though I don't like the "play girl" connotation..LOL)(and coincidentally, she was paired with CJM who is her future patner)..I ship her with everyone if that's possible..

@simply_hero

Thanks for investigating CJM twitter about the script reading...now I'm patiently waiting for the news and pics to come out and hopefully see some interactions with PMY and CJM, as well as with LJW(I'm starting to see them as a couple w/ oozing chemistry and is suffering from second male syndrome at this early stage, CJM must convince me this time that he's worthy to be Min Young's lover..heheheh)

@JzzMeen and mimi26

Thanks for the allkpop article...two gorgeous people in a photo shoot is really awesome...And I'm not surprised if they're close because Min Young is the kind who makes everyone around her comfortable..

“Her genuine attitude was very nice. More than anything, she is a very polite girl with proper etiquette. After debuting, she worked hard in various fields – sitcoms, traditional dramas, and other such projects – which makes me give her respect.”

You could notice that she has a proper etiquette even during the KBS awards...the way she speaks to Kim Kap Soo is so respectful that even though they're somehow close, she treats him respectfully which is very pleasing to the eyes...and the way she greeted and thanked everyone in the CH and Cat set makes her a respectful person with a proper etiquette..

credits to PMY's viet site

1313159457815533614_574_574.jpg

Good day to everyone..^_^

Hello all,

Thanks simply_hero for that update on CJM's tweet. Hope the pics of the script reading will be up soon. Waiting for MY's tweet as well. :) Here's the FB fanpage for the drama. GLORIOUS JAE-IN

@saved2k

She looks so different in CAT. It seems like another person on screen though the off screen footage is pure PMY! How warmly she hugs all the staff and from the look of it, they also seem to be quite fond of her. She also loves hitting her male co-stars, LMH and Kim Dong Wook! :) Still waiting for this movie though! :(

@smashingalou

Glad you are enjoying SKKS! :D So u have also caught the Moon Jae Shin fever? Ha ha. Don't worry! I know your heart is going to break by the end, but at least you have discovered the allure of Yoo Ah In and can follow his career. He is quite a deep thinker and seems to be pretty genuine as a person. Think his movie will be out soon!

Well, I have only watched Tamra other than SKKS and that again was fusion! Wonder whether I can ever watch the traditional sageuks after being spoiled by SKKS. :o

@Yamashi02

Good to see you back and wonderful to see PMY has inspired you!

Here's the lyrics to one of PMY's favourite songs "The Voice Within" by Christina Aguilera:

Young girl don’t cry

I’ll be right here when your world starts to fall

Young girl it’s alright

Your tears will dry, you’ll soon be free to fly

When you’re safe inside your room you tend to dream

Of a place where nothing’s harder than it seems

No one ever wants or bothers to explain

Of the heartache life can bring and what it means

Chorus:

When there’s no one else, look inside yourself

Like your oldest friend just trust the voice within

Then you’ll find the strength that will guide your way

You’ll learn to begin to trust the voice within

Young girl don’t hide

You’ll never change if you just run away

Young girl just hold tight

Soon you’re gonna see your brighter day

Now in a world where innocence is quickly claimed

It’s so hard to stand your ground when you’re so afraid

No one reaches out a hand for you to hold

When you look outside look inside to your soul

Chorus

Life is a journey

It can take you anywhere you choose to go

As long as you’re learning

You’ll find all you’ll ever need to know

(be strong)

You’ll break it

(hold on)

You’ll make it

Just don’t forsake it because

No one can tell you what you can’t do

No one can stop you, you know that I’m talking to you

Chorus

Young girl don’t cry I’ll be right here when your world starts to fall

Song

@bluelila

Good to see you! Wow, you have been there where PMY went for her vac! :)

Goodnight all!

Guest smashingalou

@Jzzmeen, thanks so much for the Hawaii Sure pictures and interview. I love what Sung Yuri said about PMY.Yuri herself saw how hardworking PMY is. I just really wish PMY will continue getting good projects. She really deserved it.

@bluelila, me too! I can't wait how she will portray Jae in different from KNN. I know a lot of Anti-PMY is just waiting for her to make a small mistake so they can bash her but I totally believe that PMY can give justice to her new role.

@mimi26, "hope it turns out to be an enjoyable fare and something that helps PMY challenge herself as an actress". I too hope and believe that she can pull off the "jae In" character. As early as now, she seems to be receptive and already has good working relationship with the screenwriter.

And I did caught the Moon Jae Shin fever :( I know it's not good to have the 2nd lead syndrome but just like what u said, it made me discover Ah In which is another actor to swoon for...hehehehe!

And I saw the vid you posted, PMY as always is very pretty and beautiful. There's a glimpse of football in this MV which also gives a preview of what we can expect from "Glorious Jae In". Thanks for sharing it mimi.

@saved2K, your pics of MY preparing for KBS awards is precious. I wonder if her hairstyle and her gown was chosen personally by her because if it is, she really has a good taste in styling.

And thanks for the KYS and KNN many faces, I especially enjoyed the GIF in I AM SAM. Very transparent that you really like that scene. :)

@Mikannokimi, welcome to the thread.Just like what Mimi said, hope to see you more on this thread. :)

@Its now or never and Otua, I agree that PMY really does have the right attitude. After her many falls, she doesn't seem to falter and work hard. But really glad that she is now being rewarded in all her hard work. Hope her next drama gives her another motivation to continue working hard.

@simply_hero, thanks for CJM tweet :). I wonder if they have pictures from their script reading. I'm excited for news about Jae In. Hope PMY will give us update as well thru her tweet.

@yamashi02, I agree. Her maturity and positiveness is her best asset aside from her "beautiful smile" :) No wonder all her co-stars has nothing but praises for her. And I really hope that her career grows in full bloom.

And sadly, yes the 2nd lead syndrome is getting onto me. I'm already on Episode 18 while I'm writing this. Trying to be ok with the main couple but still hoping hopelessly for YH to end up with JS though I know it's really impossible :)

And I love PMY's unicef pictures. White really is her color though she looks good in any color.

Good day everyone!!!

park_min_young_a12.jpg

park-min-young-vogue-girl-1.jpg

Guest smashingalou

Missed PMY..

Wished we'll have news already of Glorious Jae In or join City Hunter promotion...

tumblr_lq4kbk7Qj71qia2l2o1_500.png

tumblr_lq4k6i82YG1qia2l2o1_500.png

tumblr_lq53nfBpxj1qia2l2o1_500.png

tumblr_lqalyhe17N1qia2l2o1_500.png

cr: PMY Tumbler

20101111_seoulbeats_pminyoung-300x225.jpg

cr:seoulbeats

Park%2BMin%2BYoung%2Bis%2Ba%2Bbelle%2Bfor%2B%25E2%2580%2598CECI%25E2%2580%2599%2B%2B3.JPG

f_20071230094m_5815f21.jpg

cr. as tagged

1280_min9.jpg

Pics4.jpg

korean_celebrity_photo_118700472522.jpg 

cr: KOM Gallery

Guest JzzMeen

HELLO everyone....

Thanks for the posts : @yama, @mimi, @smashing, @saved2k, @simply, @blue .. though not much news on MY for the past few days.. but this thread is alive because of you all.....:D

@yama : from here: Another PMY interview(in Korean text)

Thanks for the article. From the title , so it said that the character of Jae In is 3 times more brighter than Kim Nana ???

from 10asia : Jae In :

she'll eat fastfood for her meals to save on time and talk fast as well. And she needs to take care of patients so she'll be quick with her hands and have a high-toned and loud voice.She'll be very cheerful in the beginning but probably go to another extreme when the secrets to her birth start getting revealed.

Looking forward to meet Jae In !!!!!! :D

And I dont see any articles on official script reading.... are they keeping it low-profile or maybe there is no official reading reading yet. But according to one article, the filming will start on 20th September. Looks like a tight schedule again.:(.. the first episode will be aired on 12th Sept...

And another thing in the article, she went for the survival game ( paint ball game ??) after the shooting with the CH team... and she survived till the end of the game !!! ( hope I got it right :sweatingbullets: from google) ... though she is a petite but she is quite an athletic person... and I'm happy she had a good working relationship with CH team and LMH...

Sharing this ............

chataehyun_8.jpg

credit picture: dramabeans

MBC TV "Section TV" showed an interview with actor Cha Tae-hyeon on the 21st.

When he was asked who he wanted to act with he said, "I am not picky. If Sin Se-kyeong, Park Min-yeong and Lee Min-jeong say OK then I am always ready. But I guess they would prefer to act with a single man and not me".

Credit : Hancinema

He is quite an established actor and such a funny guy...:D, I'm sure MY will happy and glad to act with him.... and this :

"they would prefer to act with a single man and not me".

I think it is not MY herself but more to fans of MY that would prefer her to act with a single and hot man !!!! :lol: but who knows in future... he has his chance...... :lol:

Guest JzzMeen

What is this ????

dp3509_0.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

Both agencies have issued their statements ....just wait for English translations..... :D

AND I think  this will be THE HOT NEWS OF TODAY.....

Just read HERE FROM DRAMABEANS :  Lee Min-ho and Park Min-young confirm they’re dating

Are ‘City Hunter’ co-stars Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young dating?

Frequent meetings between Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young have attracted netizens’ attention, and rekindled rumors about how the two were secretly dating. Once photos began to emerge of the two looking quite close, Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young’s agencies revealed that the two began to show interest in each other a month ago.

Lee Min Ho’s agency, Starhaus Entertainment, told Dispatch on August 22nd, “When the two people were together, their interest could be felt. They are going towards the step of getting to know each other.

The two stars were the main leads in the recently-concluded SBS drama, ‘City Hunter‘.  Working long hours together on the set and acting out their characters’ love lines appears to have sparked a natural romantic feeling.

Park Min Young’s agency, King Kong Entertainment, stated “When the two people appeared in the drama together, they were quite in tune with one another. It seems that they’ve developed feelings for each other.

In the evenings, Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young either drank tea together or had a beer. They also spent their leisure time going on drives.

Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young’s agency stated their final positions with, “It has been a little over a month since they began to show interest in each other. Other than that, we cannot reveal any more details about the actors’ private lives.

Source: Dispatch via Nate

Credit : ALLKPOP

Wish the best of luck for both of them.:wub:

Are ‘City Hunter’ co-stars Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young dating?

20118233453714z1pho_T5_9259.jpg

Frequent meetings between Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young have attracted netizens’ attention, and rekindled rumors about how the two were secretly dating.

Once photos began to emerge of the two looking quite close, Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young’s agencies revealed that the two began to show interest in each other a month ago.

Lee Min Ho’s agency, Starhaus Entertainment, told Dispatch on August 22nd, “When the two people were together, their interest could be felt. They are going towards the step of getting to know each other.”

The two stars were the main leads in the recently-concluded SBS drama, ‘City Hunter‘. Working long hours together on the set and acting out their characters’ love lines appears to have sparked a natural romantic feeling.

Park Min Young’s agency, King Kong Entertainment, stated, “When the two people appeared in the drama together, they were quite in tune with one another. It seems that they’ve developed feelings for each other.”

In the evenings, Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young either drank tea together or had a beer. They also spent their leisure time going on drives.

Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young’s agency stated their final positions with, “It has been a little over a month since they began to show interest in each other. Other than that, we cannot reveal any more details about the actors’ private lives.”

Source : Allkpop

Guest JzzMeen

City Hunter’s couple Park Min Young and Lee Min Ho decides to remain as a couple in reality

ebb095ebafbcec9881.jpg

A reliable media source reported on August 23 that Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young were dating each other these days. To the report, Park’s agency admitted, “It’s about true. After completing the shooting, they decided to remain as a real couple. It was just a month ago.”

In the drama series City Hunter, they developed a sweet, romantic relationship, but it turned out that they felt similar feelings in reality. Park is one year older than Lee, which seems to be the latest hot dating trend.

The agency says, “I heard that their tight schedule including overseas activities has prevented them from frequently meeting in a private setting. They seem to have shared good feelings at the sets of City Hunter. I hope that fans give constant favorable interest and support to them.”

By Kim Ye-na (yeah@tvreport.co.kr)

Source: TVreport (Original article in Korean)

Photo from TVreport

Translated by Geum Jae / Korea.com

CREDIT : KOREA.COM

Just hope the medias and fans give both of them some space... and I hope MY will be strong as always..... I'm worried about her ANTIs...