Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024 |New drama 'The Confidence Man KR' (2025), start shooting!/ Three nominations at Korea Drama Festival 2024|'MY Beans Fanmeet' in Tokio Nov.8

OksanaSiytra

Love you JzzMeen and love you 10Asia for always asking PMY the right kind of questions. I think I will read that interview many times, but it is great knowing what she is feeling about herself as an actress at this point. Jae-In, from what she said, seems to be an interesting character. Would love to see what new things she brings into her acting.

She seems to be a perfectionist and that is a good thing. Also, she knows where she is standing and where all she should improve. Her failures have given her the levelheadedness not to take her success for granted. Waiting for the day when you will be known by your name - as a great actress!

Thanks a lot again, Jzz! I was waiting for this interview like ever. It seems to me the 10Asia reporters also like her and respect her as an actress! Didn't take a look at the other goodies you put up. Will do that later. Now off to bed!

Guest smashingalou

Jzzz...Thank you so much for posting the interview!!! As always Min Young's interview totally made my day. She sounded so grounded and humble on her answers. I like how intelligent and how honest her answers are.

And I agree with Mimi that 10Asia totally asked the right questions. I like how it's not the usual shallow questions but its questions that fans can know more about how actresses think and I like how they do it with Min Young.

I especially LOVE the two questions and Min Young's answers. Min Young knows how to treasure what she's having now because she's aware that nobody will know what will happen next. And I quote this from her "  There are many people who don't have what I have  right now and I used to be one of them." So true Min Young, so true...

I'm so excited with her new drama, by the way she explained it, I think we will expect a versatile Min Young on her next drama. I'm sure she'll work hard and will never disappointment her fans. Fighting Min Young, we as your fans will always support you all the way...

Thanks Jzzz...you're one treasure on this thread.... :)

Guest nana544

aww thanks for the translation and posting PMY's interview here. She really sounds down to earth and a very honest person. I cannot wait till the day she become a top Hallyu Korean actress...although the road is rough and tumble, but I believe that PMY will overcome it and succeed to be the best she can be. She have a good head and will do well.

Guest smashingalou

Old pics from previous drama

cr: credit as tagged

Princess Ja Myung Go

09012816348e3e8e2d05710a68.jpg?w=400&h=267

20090723_jmg_9.jpg

wireworkgreenscreenforPrincessJaMyungGo.jpg

Unstoppable High Kick 1

tumblr_ln3x3oe4701qbc821.jpg

I Am Sam

m195898979.jpg

m195898774.jpg

SKKS

1.jpg

PS: Yoon Hee's cartoon image is so cute.... :)

Park Min-young: "I go the path that'll make me happiest when I do something." - Part 1

*quoted image*

"It's time for me to do really well." Actress Park Min-young, who played  the honest Kim Nana in SBS TV series "City Hunter," spoke honestly of  herself as well, almost resembling her past characters who have acted  according their own convictions. Park, who made a splendid debut through  "High Kick 1" and then landed the main female lead in KBS series "I am  Sam," looked back on that time as when she thought "someone was placing  me on a cloud." But she went into a slump after "Princess Ja Myung Go,"  which was when she was most thirsty for acting. She is now thankful for  whatever opportunity comes her way and acts with love for her  characters. Park excitedly spoke of her next series "Young-gwang's  Jae-in" (tentative title) which will follow immediately after "City  Hunter" although three days is the most time she has rested in a row the  past year and three months.

*quoted image* How would you score your acting as Kim Nana in "City Hunter"?

Park Min-young: Maybe 40 or 50 points because I wasn't satisfied  with it. There were times that I wished her romance with Yoon-sung was  depicted in more detail and in a ways, their emotions moved forward too  fast, without enough of a foundation. And I had a lot of concerns and  had difficulty playing her in the latter half of the show because  Yoon-sung and Nana's emotions kept getting repeated. I think I could've  done better with controlling the dynamics of her emotions. Well okay, I  tried, so 50 points.

*quoted image* Of  you, Lee Min-ho said, "I had an easy time acting with her because she  took in whatever I expressed myself in however way." What do you think  your chemistry with Lee Min-ho was like?

Park: Our acting styles are similar -- we'll react only after  listening to the other person's words and be endlessly serious when  we're serious but also be playful when we're playful. Lee's acting is  considerate. That's why he's better with the scenes he reacts to someone  and the same goes for me too. As much as we had good chemistry because  of our similar styles of acting, I also got a lot of help from him.

*quoted image* You've  taken on the role of the tough and energetic nurse's aide Jae-in in  your upcoming TV series "Young-gwang's Jae-in" (tentative title). How  are you preparing for it?

Park Min-young: I'm in the process of adding life to my character  in my own way. Jae-in has to take her exam to become a nurse's aide so  she'll eat fastfood for her meals to save on time and talk fast as well.  And she needs to take care of patients so she'll be quick with her  hands and have a high-toned and loud voice. She'll be very cheerful in  the beginning but probably go to another extreme when the secrets to her  birth start getting revealed.

*quoted image* Jae-in and Kim Nana are somewhat similar in the sense that they're both tough and energetic main female characters.

Park: I think it's up to me to make different characters out of  them even if they may seem similar. Viewers may think 'She's playing  that type of character again?' in the first two episodes of the show but  I'm hoping they'll start seeing just Jae-in in the episodes that  follow. That's why I'm trying not to feel too much pressure over that.  And I think we'll be okay since we have a good screenwriter.

*quoted image* You've  also said you place your full faith in the screenwriter when you choose  a project and act in it so I'm guessing it must be important for you to  meet producers you can trust to have that faith throughout.

Park:  That was the main reason I chose "Young-gwang's Jae-in." I  won't have much time to rest after "City Hunter" because of it but I  wanted to do it because I was convinced of it. To start with, I trusted  screenwriter Kang Eun-kyung. The thing I like most when I first met her  was that she knew my style of acting and recommended what would suit  Jae-in the best. She has such a clear picture of what she wants Jae-in  to be like. So I figured that I'd become Jae-in if I follow the Jae-in  she has in her mind.

*quoted image* What sort of Jae-in did screenwriter Kang Eun-kyung say she wants to create?

Park: She knew my voice was on the lower to mid range so she told  me that I'd probably suit the role better if I change the tone of my  voice. That it'd be better if I raise my tone by a notch or two. And she  also told me that it'll be better if I talk quickly, as if I'm rapping,  and maintain that speed in my interactions with Young-gwang (Chun  Jung-myung). She's made things so much easier for me by telling me what  she thinks will suit Jae-in. It's up to me to pull it all off but all I  need to do is add life to it so I'm happy that she has made it easier  for me to play my character.

*quoted image* You've  been working nonstop -- from "SungKyunKwan Scandal" to "The Cat" to  "City Hunter" and "Young-gwang's Jae-in." But you have to work your  emotions to act so aren't you concerned about getting burnt out?

Park: Thankfully, they're of different genres so that's one of  the reasons I chose to do them. And up till "The Cat," acting was so  much fun that I wanted to keep going, as if I had a motor attached to  me. And it was because I kept getting increasingly curious about acting.  I wanted to leave some time in between "City Hunter" and "Young-Gwang's  Jae-in" but the circumstances wouldn't allow it. And I was split on  whether I should do them or not but I wanted to be in good projects so I  decided that I should. These weren't projects I'd be handed at a later  time.

Credit : 10asia.co.kr

@JzzMeen

You are really amazing.  Thank you so much for posting this.  

Guest JzzMeen

HELLO AND HAPPY FRIDAY :D

After "Princess Ja Myung" was really a painful experience for her !!! Reading this make me sad ...

And I know  working hard won't be enough anymore. That's why I'm going to torture  myself even more now. Because I know that now's the time for me to do  really well. :tears:

And true..she sounded so grounded... and honest with her answers... I'm glad that she managed to get out from her slump...and be where she is now.  Looking forward for her "Man of Honor" and I wish her a very good journey on her path that will make her the happiest.... AND ...lot more success and achievements to come her way. ...:)

Another article ..............

Park Min-young Feels Lucky to Be Busy

Those who know Park Min-young, who recently concluded SBS TV drama "City Hunter," says she is not just a pretty face but an actress with a solid foundation. But she is modest about her achievements. "Because I've been through a slump, I don't get easily carried away by favorable reviews. I think I was lucky to get parts in good shows. I just do what I have to do," she says.

2011081900334_0.jpg

Park is now one of the most sought-after actresses in Korea thanks to the success of "Sungkyunkwan Scandal" (2010) and "City Hunter" (2011), but there have been hard times. "Two years ago, I did a lot of auditions and had to wait for a very long time. I didn't have any work when I started learning about acting. Now I don't get enough sleep and am often tired, but I know I'm very lucky and should be grateful, and when I think about that, my tiredness goes away."

Park says she tends to choose well-written scripts with characters with whom she can sympathize. She enjoyed shooting "City Hunter" because of the vicarious satisfaction as her character fights evils that an individual can do little about in reality.

She will soon start filming another new series to be aired on KBS2 in October. She wanted to take a break after "City Hunter," but was gripped by the powerful script and thought she would regret it if she gave it a miss.

Credit : The Chosun Ilbo (english edition)

@smashing.... so finally you can share pictures .... :D

Happy weekend everyone....

The many faces of Kim Nana

Credits to PMY kst.vn

anhso-002629_PNG722.jpg

Oh my, PMY  really has a body to die for....  amazing legs

anhso-203501_979e683e8405a65771cf6c64.jpg

anhso-203456_35eae124057063598644f960.jpg

Oh my, so excited to watch her next drama... and this video has increased my excitement.  Thanks to dotamvu for posting this at kst.vn

another couple to ship :)

Guest smashingalou

just watched Showbiz Korea a few minutes ago from Arirang World and according to their Trend Report, Park Min Young is one of the few actresses in Korea who has voluptouos body along with the innocent looking face....she is named along Korea's Barbie Doll Han Chae Young, Lee Hyori and others...

No objection there..... biggrin.gif

20110124_parkminyoung_1.jpg

@Jzzz....Yes, I did..Yey!!! And thanks for another interview you posted... :)

The many faces of Kim Nana

Credits to PMY kst.vn

*quoted image*

Oh my, PMY  really has a body to die for....  amazing legs

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Oh my, so excited to watch her next drama... and this video has increased my excitement.  Thanks to dotamvu for posting this at kst.vn

another couple to ship :)

http://youtu.be/8qhdbgEMcSw

@saved2k, I liked the video...Looking at it, PMY really does have chemistry with everyone she's paired up with and the video gave us a taste of the CJM-PMY chemistry..

Oh, can't wait for her next drama....happy.gif 

And I wish her more dramas in the future as she deserve it...

Guest smashingalou

Yes, she definitely looks great with anyone because she's Park Min Young ;) 

totally agree.. A BIG CHECK!!! biggrin.gif

PMY SEDUCTIVE IN BLACK 

CR: King Kong Ent. Star Homepage

board-20110708115007-2.jpg

board-20110708114958-2.jpg

board-20110708114944-2.jpg

board-20110708114934-2.jpg

board-20110708114923-2.jpg

Additions to GLORIOUS JAE-IN:

fullsizephoto53626.jpg

Son Chang-min

photo72658.jpg

Choi Myeong-gil

Cre: hancinema

I haven't watched Son Chang-min yet, but have watched Myeong-gil in 'Miss Ripley'. She is such a fabulous actress and has such a great fashion sense. I read somewhere that MY loves working with older actresses. So hope she learns a lot from Myeong-gil and they have a great time working together! Do not know what roles both of them are going to play. Changmin was there in 'Road No.1' and both these senior actors have already worked together in 'Hurricane couple'. Hope more news of this drama comes out soon.

Guest JzzMeen

MIN YOUNG PICTURES IN HAWAII FOR SURE MAGAZINE

a367dceeac0e39b0a27b43c252cdfae4_large.jpg

fcd2d9d59fe924dcaf4921935bafd0a4_large.jpg

1313731975_192739.jpg

b0337cd5245eeffb1be6669090429f55_large.jpg

credit PMY DAUM                                                    WITH SUNG YURI.

*******************      EDITED WITH ALLKPOP - ARTICLE     **************************************************************

Sung Yuri and Park Min Young roam Hawaii for ‘SURE’

Sung Yuri and Park Min Young, the leading ladies of rival dramas “Romance Town” and “City Hunter“, met up in Hawaii for a lax photoshoot with ‘Sure‘ magazine. The magazine’s September issue saw Sung Yuri and Park Min Young  looking quite close as they strolled down the streets of Waikiki. Sung  Yuri rocked a mish-mesh of patterns that gave her a slightly androgynous  look, while Park Min Young looked quite feminine with her short dresses  and loose wavy hair.

A staff member on set commented, “Looking at Sung Yuri and Park Min Young side by side like this reminded me of Betty Davies and Katharine Hepburn”.

In her interview with “Sure”, Sung Yuri praised Park Min Young with, “Her  genuine attitude was very nice. More than anything, she is a very  polite girl with proper etiquette. After debuting, she worked hard in  various fields – sitcoms, traditional dramas, and other such projects –  which makes me give her respect.”

Park Min Young returned the compliments with, “In addition to her looks, Sung Yuri’s heart is like an angel’s. She is very thoughtful of others and she is also very religious.”

Since Hawaii lacks the season of autumn, the two actresses created a  unique feel that stood out from the standard fall pictorials hitting  other fashion magazines this month. You can check out the full interview  and pictorial in the September issue of “Sure”.

Source: TV Daily via Nate

Photos: Sure

CREDIT : ALLKPOP

Guest bluelila

Thanks everyone for sharing MY news and pictures, especially JazzMeen for the wonderful translations.

What an inspiring actress, love her work ethic and attitude in life.

Can't wait to see how she will make Jae-in different from Kim Nana

The SURE magazine picture where she's walking along the river, looks like she was on Ala Wai Blvd in Waikiki.