Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Manila May 12th ]

OksanaSiytra

Hi all,

Here's the link to SKKS poster shoot from the DVD. Brings back lots of good memories and our quartet really seem close to each other. There's also some bromance in the air for all Gul-Oh Yeorim shippers. Ha ha. The director looks like he is tired of all the playing around. :rolleyes: Enjoy! SKKS photoshoot

Wait, I hadn't noticed it was our PMY who made Joong Ki and Ah In hold hands. :w00t: So naughty! Poor director!

Cre: SKKS Baidu

Thanks goosegirl for your kind words. Yeah, most of her interviews have not been subbed. We mostly have to depend on print interviews or have to gather bits and pieces from translations. It is sad! But now we are used to it!

Thanks meteostorm for the pics and the link. Read somewhere that CAT is now second after Transformers at the box office. Good going, CAT!

Thanks yamashi for all the smiles. Their smiles do give us a million reasons to smile.

Here's the link to SKKS poster shoot from the DVD. Brings back lots of good memories and our quartet really seem close to each other. There's also some bromance in the air for all Gul-Oh Yeorim shippers. Ha ha. The director looks like he is tired of all the playing around. :rolleyes: Enjoy! SKKS photoshoot

Thanks for the videos!! But why are they coming out when the show's 5 month's over??? hmmm...and love how the 4 are so close with each other...Joong Ki loves to flirtplay with Min Young, doesn't he?? He loves to put his hands on her shoulders...LOL

Wait, I hadn't noticed it was our PMY who made Joong Ki and Ah In hold hands. :w00t: So naughty! Poor director!

How cute that it was Min Young who did the initiative..maybe they're shy to d it since they're both boys..hahaha..

And who did Min Young called "oppa"?? just curious though..maybe a guy staff..I love how she said oppa, it sounded cute ..^_^

EDITED:

Okay, I think Min Young said "YuCheon-ah" instead of "oppa"...I'm kinda deaf..hahaha

BTW, I want the ice cream that they were eating..it looks delicious..

happy day to everyone...glad that CATS are in the no.2 spot next to transformers in cinemas..

Guest beth_21719

HELLO ALL....................

I'M SO GLAD THAT THE MOVIE CAT IS SECOND TO THE TRANSFORMER SO THAT MEAN IS DOING WELL :D LOVE ALL

THE PICTURES  AND THE NEWS TO .I' BEEN BUSY LATELY BUT MY MIND ALWAYS IN HERE .......HAVE A NICE DAY ALL......

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Congratulations to PMY's movie CATS!!!

ParkMinyoung tweets about CH

캐릭터를 위한 대본수정은 없습니다. 저에게 주어진 씬을 그대로 소화합니다. 그중 간혹있는 대사라인수정을 의미한건데 오해하신것같네요.. 전 나나 그대로를 표현하려합니다

Google Trans: to  modify the character. Me to digest as a  given scene. Which oftenmeans modifying the metabolic line .. think i  have made ​​a mistake. I am trying to express as Nana

1310289958_201107101828236502209101_0.jpg

Guest JzzMeen

HELLO AND HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE.

I'm happy to see more people left their comments in this thread.

Hi and welcome  @m_g@goosegirl and @cutekid..... nice of you to say hi.... and please make yourselves comfortable.

And let us share and support MinYoung ... hopefully she can get more fans after CH ... because she really deserves it.

Thanks @meteostorm1642  for the link. Do share again anything related to PMY....:)

Hi to @gogeous and @Beth.... How's your study / summer work??  Busy.....?  Hope to see you again when you are not busy..:)

@leslie_lei   Thanks for the picture. Please keep your good work on MINMIN couple in CH thread ok? Hope this week we have more MINMIN moments.  Please no more pushing Nana away .. I hope :angry:

@yama and @mimi. Thanks a lot to both of you that always have some goodies and nice words to us.

So can we make our 100th page by Sept???;) 

It is so nice of MY Viet fans. So now it seems like they have their own site dedicated for MY like what MY Chinese fans have.

Kudos to both Viet and Chinese fans. You are really awesome. Keep up your good work. :D

BTW, if you cant watch SKKS photoshot from the link given by Mimi, there is another link here.... [DVD] SKKS Photo shoot + Interview

Just read that the sub is in progress...

@mimi and @jnj

II think  the 3- step crying scene referred to the picture below. These crying scenes in EP04 where she begged the man who bought her house, and another is her crying in the bus and finally where she talked to the picture. I'm not sure why it is called 3-step, maybe because of these crying happens one after another... on the same night... just a guess !!

cry2.jpg

For "The CAT", MY just appeared in one interview and shown on KBS ( 2nd July).

WATCH  PMY INTERVIEW ON KBS

As always no SUB.... but you can always get entertained seeing PMY on screen, right????

You can watch some clips from "The Cat".... the movie is quite scary :sweatingbullets:

And she said something about JOSH HARTNETT... probably foreign actor that she wants to work with.... or her ideal type ( foreign actor)... I'm not sure. But if Josh Hartnett is her ideal type... it seems that she and her dongsaeng ( Jessica of SNSD) has the same taste.:w00t:

Enjoy your day ...PMY.jpg

Credit PMY DC

Guest JzzMeen

Min young just tweeted ....

Her first tweet :

Two and a half weeks to go for the ending of City Hunter, so just let's cheer and cheer up despite hardships and troubles.I will also try my best, and as for my 'Cat',why not enjoy it in your weekend~ Happy Weekend.

Second tweet :

No special script revision for my character,I only digest what I receive from the script,and do very occasional change of presenting the dialogues.It seemed that my word was being mistaken,what I wanted to do is to give you a real NaNa portrayed in the script.

Thanks PMY Chinese fans

Credit to renelhuanglei via twitter.

I heard that she received some bashings in DC. If you have twitter, please send her some encouraging words..OK ? Thanks.

Min young just tweeted ....

Her first tweet :

Two and a half weeks to go for the ending of City Hunter, so just let's cheer and cheer up despite hardships and troubles.I will also try my best, and as for my 'Cat',why not enjoy it in your weekend~ Happy Weekend.

Second tweet :

No special script revision for my character,I only digest what I receive from the script,and do very occasional change of presenting the dialogues.It seemed that my word was being mistaken,what I wanted to do is to give you a real NaNa portrayed in the script.

Thanks PMY Chinese fans

Credit to renelhuanglei via twitter.

I heard that she received some bashings in DC. If you have twitter, please send her some encouraging words..OK ? Thanks.

It's not her fault if her character's not that scripted-well in City Hunter...fans can't bash her if they haven't know what the director wants her to do...if that's not what the director wants, then probably he would have asked her to change her emotions, but no, he didn't..that only means that the way she portrays Nana is just exactly how the director wants her to portray the role...they can't say that she's not portraying her role well..like the cutesy-cutesy acting because as I have been telling a million times, she's not a cutesy type but a mature type in real life, just look at her interviews...she never acts cute and if she will, that's out of a girl's instinct...

I'm just frustrated that they keep on bashing her portrayal when in fact other characters in the show are also having flaws in their portrayal... <_<

Just hope that her CATS would revive her strength to endure all the hardships...Min Young unnie, we will support you!! ;)

Guest JzzMeen

It's not her fault if her character's not that scripted-well in City Hunter...fans can't bash her if they haven't know what the director wants her to do...if that's not what the director wants, then probably he would have asked her to change her emotions, but no, he didn't..that only means that the way she portrays Nana is just exactly how the director wants her to portray the role...they can't say that she's not portraying her role well..like the cutesy-cutesy acting because as I have been telling a million times, she's not a cutesy type but a mature type in real life, just look at her interviews...she never acts cute and if she will, that's out of a girl's instinct...

I'm just frustrated that they keep on bashing her portrayal when in fact other characters in the show are also having flaws in their portrayal... <_<

Just hope that her CATS would revive her strength to endure all the hardships...Min Young unnie, we will support you!!  ;)

She will get bashed no matter what. Remember when she did her action scenes... there were also some who didnt like that. I read  that from one interview, when asked about what MY hopes for the ending. She did reply that it is too cliche..to have a happy ending.. and probably good to have open ending.. but she curious too on how the script writer will end it. I heard that this also made K-fans reacted negatively towards her. I'm sure all CH fans want  a happy ending. But it is all depends on script writer and PD. MinYoung just gave out her opinion. Why were they bashing her for this???

Yes I hope she receives positive reviews on her acting in "The Cat". I'm sure she is now very tired because of CH and "The Cat". The Cat is supposedly be shown in Korea late August. But because of re-scheduling she has to work harder now. On top of that she has to endure all the bashings thrown at her !!!!:tears:  MIn Young, please be healthy and fighting.....

I am so sad and frustrated reading MY's tweets. It is sickening to see all the PMY bashing going on, especially on DB.  I agree with what Yama said. If she was acting so badly, why did they pick her to do the role? Wasn't there more popular actresses than her? And don't tell me, she won the KBS award for Best Actress bcoz the award committee supported her or she acted cute. The brains of some of her bashers need to be seriously tested.

The thing is I understand when someone says PMY could have done that scene better or this one better. But to call her a bad actress who has let down the drama is complete mudslinging. I too can point out bad scenes of some of her co-stars. But as non-actors, shouldn't we have compassion for these actors who work with almost no sleep? If they make mistakes, point it out. But also appreciate them when they have done a scene well.

I can understand PMY's frustration at Nana's character development bcoz like any woman wants, she wants to play a character whom she can identify with. If you look at the choices PMY has made throughout her career, you can see she has always gone for the strong roles bcoz she is a strong person. As a woman, I am proud of her for doing that since it inspires me to be strong as well in life.

Hope Nana does not become a weak character due to outside pressure because she is one k-drama heroine I have felt some respect for in a long time in the modern rom-com type scenario.( The others are YEH in CP and SY in  Still Marry Me)

Some happy news: Read a review of CAT on Baidu/ KST, an objective review which did point out it was a bit slow at times, but also said it had depth. The reviewer has also commended PMY's acting and has said that she has done the transformation from an innocent girl into one who gets so disturbed that she has to seek psychiatric help quite well. The reviewer has also praised the rest of the cast, especially the little girl. So hope CAT gives her some joy.

Seriously, I do not understand people who are hell bent on making a good drama go bad.  I hope Nana's dance scene was not cut out bcoz of any silly reasons. Watching ep.14, I had felt that some re-writing of the characters had happened in b/w. Now I suspect whether there was outside pressure that prompted things like this.

Anyway, let's keep on believing in PMY and supporting her. She is a hardworking girl and professional to the core. It is sad when people see her as an easy target and attack her for things beyond her control. 

Guest GOGEOUS.haha

I'm doing pefectly fine as of now. :lol:

Min Young should not bother herself with those bashful comments, after all, you can't

please everybody. What matters most is that there are millions... billions... of people who supports

her and loves her more than those people who bash on her. Min Young sshi, FIGHTING! just

keep smiling.

Love the photoshoot vid. Makes me wanna go inside the screen and pinch

all the casts in person, they are way too cute. Kept on replaying the vid.

Just wondering where the other photos go? There are too many cute shots there

why wasn't it showed? tsk.

waah.. my happy days are over, see you next weekend guys.

Guest JzzMeen

I am so sad and frustrated reading MY's tweets. It is sickening to see all the PMY bashing going on, especially on DB.  I agree with what Yama said. If she was acting so badly, why did they pick her to do the role? Wasn't there more popular actresses than her? And don't tell me, she won the KBS award for Best Actress bcoz the award committee supported her or she acted cute. The brains of some of her bashers need to be seriously tested.

The thing is I understand when someone says PMY could have done that scene better or this one better. But to call her a bad actress who has let down the drama is complete mudslinging. I too can point out bad scenes of some of her co-stars. But as non-actors, shouldn't we have compassion for these actors who work with almost no sleep? If they make mistakes, point it out. But also appreciate them when they have done a scene well.

I can understand PMY's frustration at Nana's character development bcoz like any woman wants, she wants to play a character whom she can identify with. If you look at the choices PMY has made throughout her career, you can see she has always gone for the strong roles bcoz she is a strong person. As a woman, I am proud of her for doing that since it inspires me to be strong as well in life.

Hope Nana does not become a weak character due to outside pressure because she is one k-drama heroine I have felt some respect for  in a long time in the modern rom-com type scenario.( The others are YEH in CP and SY in  Still Marry Me)

Some happy news: Read a review of CAT on Baidu/ KST, an objective review which did point out it was a bit slow at times, but also said it had depth. The reviewer has also commended PMY's acting and has said that she has done the transformation from an innocent girl into one who gets so disturbed that she has to seek psychiatric help quite well. The reviewer has also praised the rest of the cast, especially the little girl. So hope CAT gives her some joy.

Seriously, I do not understand people who are hell bent on making a good drama go bad.  I hope Nana's dance scene was not cut out bcoz of any silly reasons. Watching ep.14, I had felt that some re-writing of the characters had happened in b/w. Now I suspect whether there was outside pressure that prompted things like this.

Anyway, let's keep on believing in PMY and supporting her. She is a hardworking girl and professional to the core. It is sad when people see her as an easy target and attack her for things beyond her control. 

Well said ...dear.  Glad to hear that MY received good review on her acting in the Cat. Hope to hear  more good news about The Cat.

Something to cheer us up ....nice and cute fan art

CuteMulrang.jpg

Credit : as tagged     

LSJ  met Nana ....:wub::w

LET US ALL HAVE A GOOD WEEK...:)

Well said ...dear.  Glad to hear that MY received good review on her acting in the Cat. Hope to hear  more good news about The Cat.

Something to cheer us up ....nice and cute fan art

*quoted image*

Credit : as tagged     

LSJ  met Nana ....:wub::w

LET US ALL HAVE A GOOD WEEK...:)

Love your fanarts..who knows what would happen if Lee Sun Joon meet our Nana in person???hmm...makes me really want to see them together in a modern drama...

You're right guys...you cannot please everybody, every actress had encountered bashings from fans and that only means that Min Young is really getting popular..let's not waste our time thinking about those people who doesn't seem to appreciate the actresses' hard work and sleepless nights...let's just support her in her career..she's a strong person so I know that she will be able to overcome this circumstances...hope that some friends would also comfort her...

just wanna share some cute moments from the video..

ba8fdf578a30bd7392ef39fb.jpg

Min Young's laugh is cute..hahaha..she looked like a little sister next to SunJoon.. :D

1527bd7360152ca4a5ef3fde.jpg

credits to PMY's viet site

Guest JzzMeen

HELLO AND HAPPY MONDAY...

Hope we all have a good day !!:D

Seven Ways to Have a Good Day                                               

1. Talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
  2. Look at the sunny side of everything.
  3. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best.
  4. Be as enthusiastic about success of others as you are about your own.
  5. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
  6. Give everyone a smile.
  7. Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to criticize others.
Christian D Larsen

5b01df9djw1dj010zewbgj.jpg

Credit as tagged

Early Korean Box Office - Admissions for the Week-end 2011.07.08 - 2011.07.10 (www.kobis.or.kr)

# Films                                                                        Release date             Week-end              Total 

1 "Transformers: Dark of the Moon"                                                            1,670,120              5,896,252

2 "The Cat" (고양이: 죽음을 보는 두 개의 눈)   2011/07/07                    302,174                  361,731 

3 "Sunny - 2010" (써니)                                           2011/05/04                    268,295              6,591,036 

4 "Poongsan" (풍산개)                                            2011/06/23                      75,029                  635,051 

5 "Kung Fu Panda 2"                                                                                             61,140              5,032,618 

6 "You are Umasou (おまえうまそうだな)"                                                           39,548                    43,200

7 "White: The Melody of the Curse"                      2011/06/09                      32,956                  770,858  

8 "X-men: First Class"                                                                                           26,642              2,520,985  

9 "The Men Who Stare at Goats "                                                                        10,595                    13,323 

10 "The Conspirator"                                                                                               7,456                     25,960

Credit Hancinema.

Fighting "The Cat"....

EB8298ECB0ACED9ABD_EB959CEC9790_EB8BA4EC8B9CEC98ACEBA6BC.jpg

EC9588EAB09C.jpg

Credit PMY DAUM

Fighting Min Young !!! 

***  EDITED ***

A new picture of MY from Movie Week

htm_20110708174640020000020401-001.jpg

are u sure it's 30 million views 

It's not 30 million viewers/movie goers it states that the movie has managed to surpass 300,000 viewers/movie goers (aggregate shows ~370,000) over the first 4 days of release (based on it being shown in 311 theatres).

Look at JzzMeen's post for a breakdown of the weekend total for the movie.

I just put the title that's in the article..sorry if the link name mislead-ed you... :tears:

nevertheless...congrats to her movie that's garnering attention...^_^