Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Manila May 12th ]

OksanaSiytra

tks for the warm welcome, mimi26, yamash02 & jzzmeen. :D

with such welcome it motivates me to post more....kekeke

was looking forward to the nana dance too, but with the intense atmosphere last night

it would not be appropriate..maybe tonight then..

i like her independent character in CH.

she doesn't take in charity that easily, and the way she stood up to ys,

its applaudable and at the same time...cute! hahahaha

alright....shall go and learn more abt this lady..

tks for all the sharing everyone.. :)

Guest mayori

hello everyone.....:rolleyes:

first time posting here.....

i just saw ep 14 of city hunter.....i m soo in love with this drama!!!!!

i love her smile it s so bright and warm.......

but i didn t see that scene ....where she dances to nu abo......:tears:

Guest JzzMeen

HELLO AND HAPPY FRIDAY...

Hi @mayori, thanks for visiting PMY's thread. I'm glad to see more people interested in her after CH.

and nobody knows why the nana dance being cut off from the 13th Ep... probably they have a limited time to put the scene in...now I just hope they will show it in the making...

“Most Wanted Girl” Park Min Young gives off a different appeal in her upcoming film The Cat from the one in City Hunter

July 08, 2011 12:45 pm   minongzi

ebb095ebafbcec98811.jpg

Park Min Young is currently playing, in City Hunter, Na Na, a bright and plucky bodyguard to Blue House, Korea’s presidential residence. The SBS drama series City Hunter  has shown a constant upward curve in its audience ratings, dominating  the time slot. Because of her amazing action and excellent acting  skills, she’s gained much popularity, even nicknamed “Passionate Girl”  or “Most Wanted Girl.” Park is expected to captivate cinema audience by presenting you with a  horrifying shudder through her upcoming horror film. In the film,  entitled The Cat: Two Eyes That Sees Death in Darkness, she  plays So Yeon, a pet groomer who has suffered from claustrophobia. So  Yeon happens to take care of the cat, the only witness of a murder case,  but since then, she gets seized more with an unidentified terror over  time.

“The Cat” has emerged as one of the most anticipated films this  summer, ranking top in a series of surveys: “What’s the film you most  look forward watching?” and “What’s the horror film you most want to  watch?”

On July 7, the D-day of the release of the film, she left a comment  via the film’s official webpage: “I’m very excited and happy to have  this great chance of meeting fans through a film. Please give a constant  interest and support to The Cat.”

AGB Nielsen’s TV audience ratings showed that the July 7 episode of City Hunter achieved 19.6%.

By Park Jin-yeong (neat24@tvreport.co.kr)

Source: Osen (Original article in Korean)

Photo from Osen

Translated by Geum Jae / Korea.com

"The Cat" movie

It is reported that  the movie has attracted 56,184 viewers for  its first day showing. That makes it to be No.4 in the box office of the day. It is quite a good  start comparing to another horror film,  "White: The Melody of the Curse" (T-Ara  Eunjung is the lead role) that only attracted 18,429  viewers on its first day .  Hopefully more people are going to watch it during this weekend.

City Hunter

anhso-223836_PNG672.jpg

SBS’s ‘City Hunter‘ is standing  tall as the dominant series in the Wednesday-Thursday drama slots, as it  placed first on the rankings for that time period. In fact, it’s even  edging close to the 20% viewership mark!

On July 8th, AGB Nielsen Media Research revealed that July 7th’s  broadcast of ‘City Hunter’ recorded a viewership of 19.6%, exceeding its  previous high record of 18.8% from June 30th’s episode.

‘City Hunter’, which is benefiting the most from a recent wrap-up of MBC’s ‘The Greatest Love‘, is gaining favorable reception from viewers.

Meanwhile, KBS’s ‘Romance Town‘ recorded 12%, while MBC’s ‘Heartstrings‘ recorded 6.6%.

Source: OSEN via Nate

Credit ALLKPOP

FIGHTING TEAM CITY HUNTER !!!!!  GO GO GO FOR  25%

Park Min Young talks about Lee Minho, ‘City Hunter’, and crying scenes

20110708_parkminyoung_leeminho.jpg

Park Min Young candidly shared her experiences about acting on ‘City Hunter‘ through a mini-interview.

She began by spotlighting her co-star, actor Lee Minho. The two engaged in some Judo scenes together, and she mused, ”I got trained in Judo for about a month but since there is a significant height difference between me and Lee Minho, there were some risks for injury. But since we shoot Judo scenes very often, Lee Min Ho swiftly falls over when I lift him. He does it well so even though it’s hard, it’s very fun and satisfying when the scenes come out nicely.

She also talked about her role as ‘Kim Nana’. “Nana is a character who faces the hardship of overcoming her scars and pain in her heart. However, she is very bright and brave; she’s an adventurous woman who confesses to Yoon Sung first thinking that she should always be by his side.

Park Min Young revealed her thoughts about her lauded ‘3-step crying scene’ by stating, “Because I teared up while thinking about my own parents, it was a scene that was very close to my heart. I was very thankful that people named it ‘3-step crying scene’ and was very happy when viewers said that they cried along with me. It also made me think that I should work even harder.

Source: Newsen via Nate

Credit ALLKPOP

Guest JzzMeen

PARK MIN YOUNG TAKES A SEL-CA IN A FANCY DRESS

20110707_park_minyoung_2.jpg

Actress Park Min Young transformed into a glamorous “mermaid” with her nude-colored dress. Park Min Young recently posted via her Twitter, “haha haha Min Young just laughs. Photo is during “Movie Work” interview ^__^ Today “City Hunter” airs. Tomorrow is movie ‘Cat’s’ release date! Yap”

She slightly covered her collarbones with her long hair, and showed off her body with a tight dress embellished with fancy jewels and sequins.

Netizens wrote, “This is new after all those uniforms she wears”, “She’s like a mermaid”, “The dress is so sensual”.

Source + Image: JoongAng via Nate

CREDIT : ALLKPOP

So this picture tweeted by MY is actually for magazine photo shoot, most probably for "The Cat".

I love this comment  “This is new after all those uniforms she wears”,:w00t: this is exactly my thought too....is it possible for Nana to wear this in City Hunter???

CUTE FANARTS  ✿ ✿

anhso-221335_PMY1057.jpg

cutemy1.jpg

Credit PMY BAIDU

LOVE THIS :wub: :wub:

1310099015_201107081343140157207001_0.jpg

Credit PMY KST

Guest JzzMeen

THIS IS AN ANNOUNCEMENT BY PMY'S AGENCY, KINGKONG ENTERTAINMENT

1174C2474E16FEF50720AA.jpg

CREDIT PMY DAUM

Hello everyone,

@mayori

Yeah, she really has a heart-warming smile, or as yamashi would put it, a "sunshine" smile. I too was so looking forward to the Nana dance. How sad that they cut it out! Hope like JzzMeen that they would show it in the making.

@jnj

Yeah, so refreshing having a heroine who doesn't like being a charity case and wants to protect the hero also. They are a good match. I want to see them both working together to clean up the city. 

@JzzMeen

You made my day with all the happy news. Loved how they said she is the "most wanted" now. Also, great to hear CAT is the most anticipated movie and that it has got such a good opening. Btw, is the 3-step crying scene referring to her crying scene with the parents' photo? That was a truly touching scene! But why have they termed it 3-step? Any idea?

I was so happy to see PMY fan art. :D I haven't seen any fan art of her alone outside her characters.

Good night everyone!

Hi guys I'm new Park Min Young fans...^^ nice to know all of guys...

I don't know much about she but surely I really want to be her fans look at her he is soooo pretty :wub: :wub:

Thanks for sharing her news and photo...^^

I really love her at SKK and now she make her fans cause CITYHUNTER really rock :wub: :wub: :wub:

Nice to know u all ^^ kamsahamida^^

Guest goosegirl

Hi everyone, I am also a new PMY fans :D and am happy to be joining this forum because everyone here is soo nice and supportive of Mingyoung, it is really sweet. I been lurking around a lot so I just want to say Hi! lol, I am loving her now in City Hunter and though she is so cute and very natural in her acting. Fighting MY!

hi! its my first time here...

i'm now watching city hunter...

she's a good actress and quite pretty too...

she has some resemblance to kim eugene.

specially when she smiles, she really looks like eugene

@m_g

welcome to this thread! We're really, really to happy seeing new people here...don't be shy to post, your posts will always be appreciated..

She really acts well during SKKS but she really rocks in City Hunter!!! ^_^ her character is not the typical damsel in distress but a strong woman who knows how to handle her situation, but inspite her strength, she sometimes exerts her aegyoness that makes it a perfect combination of Kim Nana..=D

@goosegirl

Welcome to this thread friend!!! i'm happy to know that you're enjoying the way we're welcoming people here...we're just really happy to see people like you posting their thoughts about Min Young...just always be relaxed in this thread and if ever you have inquiries, never hesitate to ask us..^_^

She's really adorable in City Hunter and like you, I love her smile the most...it somehow gives you energy and motivation to smile more even in tough times...I was actually a person who doesn't smile often but thanks to her power of smiling, I think am influenced by her smiling habit...LOL

@mayori

Welcome!! As I said earlier, I'm really happy to see new posters here...hehehe...feel free to post and always give your thoughts about Min Young..=D

Her smile is really energizing...now I know why a lot of people, especially Min Ho, are always smiling when they're around her...I noticed that Min Ho never forgets to smile naturally when he's around Min Young.. :wub:

I was also eager to watch the dance scene especially that they advertised it before showing ep13, a lot of people are also anticipating it.wonder when and will they show it... :tears:

@jnj

Glad to know that our welcomes has motivated you to post more..well then, welcome! welcome! welcome! welcome! welcome! welcome!...^_^

hehe...feel free to post friend... :D

@cutekid

Welcome to this thread!!! Ohh..so many new people here..^_^ I have also noticed her resemblance to Eugene..some people even say that they thought they were related..haha..nevertheless both are pretty and charming..^^ I'm just thinking if they have seen each other before?? ^_^

@JzzMeen

Thanks for all the news, as usual, you are the supplier of Min Young's news...^_^

Now that just proves that she's really popular, right? like what mimi said, I love her being labeled as "Most wanted girl"..haha

And about that Min Young impersonator in FB, I think I have seen him/her before, probably because I'm following some of MY's "fake" accounts to gather news about her..well that only proves that she's really getting into the next level..and happy that CAT is gaining a lot of attention nowadays..keep up the good work Min Young!!!

BTW, the fanarts are cuteness overload...if only Min Ho (or that someone) sees this..hahaha...BTW, am I the only one thinking that when Min Young did the "chicken, chicken" thing in ep12, it was actually not Yoon Sung but Lee Min Ho who was smitten by her???his expression seemed realistic, he might be shocked when Min Young did that cuteness overload scene..hahah

Gonna watch CH ep 13 and 14...Good day guys! I'm really happy to see new faces here..=D

Guest GOGEOUS.haha

wow, glad to see that there are so many new posters here,

Hello cutekid, goosegirl, m_g, mayori.. welcome!

Wah its been almost a week since I last posted,

I so miss the thread and so as the posters, how have you been

guys? really happy to see that the thread is active, even

more active than before. Wah, I knew PMY would get more and more

popular when city hunter airs. And congratulations to CH, I read in a

news that they reached 20% rating. THIS IS THE DAY THAT i've

been DREAMING OF. haha.

Still haven't watch the 13th and 14th episode though, I'll surely watch it today

and I'll be hanging out in this thread for the whole saturday so to catch

up with the news.

THIS IS AN ANNOUNCEMENT BY PMY'S AGENCY, KINGKONG ENTERTAINMENT

*quoted image*

CREDIT PMY DAUM

funny, since even though I knew that the FB account was fake, I still added it.

I hope PMY gets her fb account soon.

tumblr_lnxhifVHgR1qasmyno1_500.gif

tumblr_lnx9aehxh31qal0zgo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_lnxkluKH2h1qa6urlo1_500.gif

tumblr_lnxdxeEs9u1qbxx00o1_r1_500.gif

credits to CH's soompi

MinMin couple is soooooo cute!!! kyaa...and Min Young is just CUTENESS overload...hahaha, she's even cute without doing any effort..and glad to know many people are liking Nana's character, she just rocks!!! ^_^

@GOGEOUS.haha

Haven't seen you for a long time!! glad that I see you today..^_^

BTW, I think Yoon Sung, Nana and Young Joo would be working together to beat the group of five...based on the last episode..and maybe Yoon Sung would get jealous of Nana and Young Joo being chummy...I wanted to see that!! :w00t:

Guest beth_21719

Hello All........................

I'm so happy and reading lot of good news of our PMY been busy fast fews days miss guys .:)  i did not yet watch episode 13 and

14 after caming here i well go right away watch my favorite City Hunter . :D   and to all the new posters  welcome very glad that u drop

by here ..........................be back later on ...................

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Guest GOGEOUS.haha

MY another viet site

Min Young's getting popular...she has another new viet page..just sharing..^_^

that's great news! and I'm hoping she gets more and more popular in the future co'z

she deserves it. Hoping too that she can get her own official phil site.

Still not done watching ep 14, my internet connection sucks, it doesn't want me to be happy.

Ughrr. tongue2.gifcrazy.gif

and yama, tnx for the PM last time, wanted so much to reply but sadly I didn't have much

time to.. Haha Yeah, it really served as a vitamins after seeing the pictures, wah

again, I was not feeling well at the time before viewing the pics, but after viewing it...

I thought someone splashed a pale of cold water at me. and girl,this may be 2 weeks late but just

wanted to make bati...maligayang kaarawan. HAHA. vicx.gifw00t.gif

hello to all!

what is this 3-step crying scene mentioned in the article?

i'm only on epi 5, so...have i missed this scene?

looking at all her bts pics, she seems like a person who likes to smile.

i like it...it makes the tiring day of filming enjoyable

i hope after CH, she gets her much needed rest, just like all those involved in this drama.

i watched SSKS more for Micky..hehehe..but i was intrigued by this actress..

and now, watching CH (because everybody is going nuts abt this drama)

it hit me that the lead actress is the same actress that i admire!

how pabo can i be! lol

in SSKS, i found her character cute and adorable and at the same time...strong willed.

in CH, she is independent but she also makes ppl arnd her want to protect her even more..

did someone say the 'nana dance' was edited out?

aish.. i was anticipating it the whole week!

PMY has been pairing up with some of the hot guys in korea, namely Micky and LMH..

so my wish for her upcoming project?

more hot pairings!! (with a great script, of course)

sorry for my random post... :) and oh! tks for the goodies, yamashi :)

Hello everyone!

It's awesome to see new faces on this thread. We feel so happy to share PMY news and views with fellow-fans.

Welcome m_g, goosegirl and cutekid! :)

Hope we all have a fab time spazzing here. It's great that everyone is enjoying CH and PMY's Nana. Our PMY is a "happy child" and tries to spread her good cheer around wherever she goes, even when she does horror movies. Ha ha.

Yes, she looks like eugene. She and Hara seem to be pretty close, no? Same parlour and same fun-loving nature. So no wonder!

@jnj

How coincidental for you to watch CH without knowing there was  PMY in it. SKKS sure was special. I didn't know Micky before and became a fan of him after SKKS. I also got captivated with PMY bcoz of the same drama. In CH, Nana's scenes are going to come up more after episode 5. So there are some nice scenes to look forward to.

PMY has a history of working with hot guys and for having AMAZING chemistry with all of them. Like you, I too look forward to seeing great chemistry, script and acting in the future as well.

I thought the 3-step crying scene comes when Nana loses her home, has a fight with YS and comes back home, cries looking at her parents' pic. That is my hunch. Still waiting for JzzMeen to confirm it. As to why it is called so, I think she gives 3 reasons for her sadness - that she is tired, lonely and hated herself for rushing out when YS called saying her debt will be cancelled. Not sure about this though or is it how she starts crying after trying to be strong twice? Kind of confused! blush.gif

@Yamashi

I too had been confused with her FB page. So others are posting under her name,huh? Thanks for all the gifs of CH. Another viet site in her name is surely music in my ears. She has been working for 5 years now, no? Time she got recognition for all her hard work.

@Gogeous

Great to see you back. Missed you on this thread. :(

@Gogeous n Beth

The Min-Min scenes are less in ep.13 n 14. Hope we have more good times in the coming episodes.

Guest goosegirl

@yamashi02, Thanks for your welcome like somebody already post it really make people want to post more. You guys are very encouraging and nice, so I feel very happy being here part of MY society. I feel as though she is a very charming and sweet person, and she is soo naturally cute. I mean the more you watch her the more she shine, there is no force. I also really like her voice. hehe

@GOGEOUS.haha and mimi26 thanks for the warm welcomming.. I also think she is a very happy child. I wanted to see more of her interview but it is really rare to find eng sub one in youtube. But from what I found she is very humble and honest. I think she is nice to everybody. :wub: Can't wait to seee more from her!