Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Entertainment Weekly | 연예가중계 (2016.03.04) [English subtitles]
Click the "Caption" button to activate subtitle!

1. start at 26.50-34.00
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

2. start at 48.48-53.40
Posted Image
Posted Image

Park Sung Woong said KDW is really easygoing, such a real Busan guy even when he does comedy, he's really serious but he's funny. And MC asked PSW abt a debt, he and KDW played a drinking game after the shoot ended and he lost but KDW said he'd drink for him and downed the drink and said he (PSW) had to grant him a wish in return. Then Mc said people usually drink on behalf of a girl that they like, maybe KDW really likes him....haha

• Like 2

On March 4, 2016 at 8:15 AM, ovcedhooy said:

KDW hit by a lot of dating rumour lately

Maybe it was because he's been more active now?

Or maybe because he hit age when he supposed to get married or at least have a partner?

No matter what I'm glad that he like to keep his live private and keep doing that 

For me, the film where it hit me right is Kundo

He manage to appear beautifully cruel and the intensity shine from his eyes just gaaawd

I mean, how can he do that?

I still didn't have the chance to watch the priest and vp due to my country limit distribution for korean movie

Lucky you who can go to movie and staring at his face :tears:

I can't wait to watch those tough *keepmyfingerscrossing*

I feel the exact same way about Kundo and about not being able to watch the other two movies.

How did he play the evil character so darn well and still make me fall for him?  Are we suppose to love the evil character?  I don't think we are suppose to and I didn't like the things he did but he was so believable in his role.  I have watched Kundo several times on Netflix and I never get tired of it.

• Like 3

Rainbow's Jisook picks the most memorable celebrity from her 'Entertainment Weekly' interviews

By alim17, March 8, 2016

Posted Image

Rainbow's Jisook appeared on KBS 2TV's 'Hello' on March 7 and talked about her time as a reporter for 'Entertainment Weekly' who got to interview lots of hot stars!

She was asked which celebrity was the most memorable for her from that period, and she replied, "If I had to choose, it'd be Kang Dong Won. Someone like a white angel came toward me from the door. And his face was so tiny."

B.A.P's Daehyun then mentioned actress Moon Chae Won, saying, "We go to the same salon; she came out with the towel around her hair unraveling, and she was so pretty." Must have been a slow-motion moment for both of them.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/rainbows-jisook-picks-the-most-memorable-celebrity-from-her-entertainment-weekly-interviews

---------------------

ticket sales on March 7, 2016 = 9,672,130 tickets

KOFIC

• Like 2

^

I think VP may not hit 10m views. :tears:

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201603061434520931492_2

------------------

btw, good news

Korean Movie Actors' Current Acting Fee

600 Million Won - Kang Dong Won

Posted Image
source

700 Million Won - Kang Dong Won :w00t:

Posted Image
source
----------------------

this pic is from Joo Hyung Jin album cover 'Slow tempo', taken in Italy last year.... :)

12806036_896398010455735_471676240951271

12803029_972832222765213_519500730653426

• Like 5

:tears::tears::tears:

I'm sad because that means there will be no fanmeet which is means there will be no morephoto of him

But still AVP doing really well in the movie and KDW still have another film that will be release this year

So KDW fighting :):)

• Like 2

@ovcedhooy for SIA 2016, this is the news...

[V Report Plus] G-Dragon, Park Bo-gum, Girls’ Generation and Song Joong-ki picked as style icons

Updated : March 13 2016

Style Icon Asia, or SIA, officially announced its list of top ten Style Icon celebrities on Saturday.
The list includes Big Bang’s leader G-Dragon, Girls’ Generation, actors Park Bo-gum, Song Seung-heon, Song Joong-ki, Yoo Ah-in, Lee Jung-jae, actresses Lee Honey and Ha Ji-won, as well as Chinese singer-actor Li Yi Feng.

more

Style Icon Asia 2016 Ceremony will take place on 15 March 2016, 6:40pm - 10:30pm KST

Live on Vapp but only available in some countries http://www.vlive.tv/video/6315/

KTbFCY4.jpg

GHq5jk0.jpg

^

The line up has kdw's name but I don't think he will attend...

• Like 3

VP hits 9.7m views!

Posted Image
KOFIC

-----------------------------

Korea’s Showbox sells 'Violent Prosecutor', 'Man And A Woman'

13 March, 2016 | By Jean Noh

EXCLUSIVE: Raft of deals include sales to Japan, China.
Korea’s Showbox has sold Lee Il-hyung’s hit action drama A Violent Prosecutor and Lee Yoon-ki’s melodrama A Man And A Woman to a slew of territories including Japan and China.

A Violent Prosecutor, starring Hwang Jung-min and Gang Dong-won, made $64m with 9.68 million admissions at the local box office as of March 9.
The film has sold to Japan (Twin), China (Lemon Tree), Taiwan (Movie Cloud), the Philippines (MVP Viva) and worldwide in-flight rights (Emphasis).
In North America, Dreamwest Pictures USA released A Violent Prosecutor theatrically Feb 19 and Dreamwest Pictures Australia did so in Australia and New Zealand Feb 25.

A Man And A Woman, starring Jeon Do-yeon and Gong Yoo, has sold to Japan (The Klockworx), Taiwan (AV-Jet), the Philippines (MVP Viva) and worldwide in-flight rights (Emphasis).

http://www.screendaily.com/festivals/filmart/koreas-showbox-sells-violent-prosecutor-man-and-a-woman/5101391.article

---------------------------

from High cut Vol.166

mKtrFGn.jpg

@reginazsk1989

snXgJbE.jpg
@rrrrrr.08

• Like 5

Here Are the Real Men!
source : koreanfilm by KIM Hyun-jung / Mar 15, 2016

Men’s Movies of 2016
Posted Image

Some of the most successful Korean films last year dealt with the confrontation and friendship of men, like Veteran, Inside Men and The Himalayas. The landscape of Korean cinema this year is expected to be in a similar frame. It is full of manly energy, something you can tell even by the names of the actors.

Asura is about a bunch of bad guys fighting to survive in this vicious world, featuring JUNG Woo-sung and HWANG Jung-min. Battleship Island also featuring HWANG as the lead depicts the escape of Koreans detained in Hashima Island (nicknamed Battleship Island because the shape of the island looks like a battleship) under Japanese Occupation. The film will be directed by RYOO Seung-wan who teams up again with HWANG, like he did in Veteran last year. SO Ji-sub and SONG Joong-ki known to be among the most handsome Korean actors have also joined the film.

Master also has completed an impressive casting. LEE Byung-hun, GANG Dong-won and KIM Woo-bin, with their distinctive appeals and charms, are recruited as criminals and investigators, fighting the brain battle on a huge fraud case.

When we talk about men’s movies, what comes in the center of the picture is the war film. Operation Chromite by John H. Lee, who directed 71-Into The Fire also depicting the Korean War, features LEE Jung-jae, LEE Beom-su, JUNG Joon-ho and KIM Byoung-ok, along with Liam Neeson, a Hollywood star.

What is another leading genre in men’s movies, along with the war film, is the prison movie. A prison movie is on the way. The Prison, where HAN Suk-kyu, KIM Rae-won, KIM Sung-kyun, JUNG Woong-in and SHIN Sung-rok appear altogether, depicts the incidents that happen as the king of the prison and a former police meet.

Rough, sweaty yet beautiful men are waiting to meet us in 2016.

------------------

fanart

Posted Image
@tuna_only

• Like 4

Why Did Cha Seung Won, Kang Dong Won, Kim Hee Ae and Choi Ji Woo Choose YG?

By Admin Jane - March 18, 2016

E6WAsPl.jpg

[OSEN] YG Entertainment is no longer just a music management company. It represents top actors such as CHA SEUNG WON, GANG DONG WON, and JANG HYUN SUNG as well as top actresses such as CHOI JI WOO, KU HYE SUN, and YOO IN NA.

Recently, it has added KIM HEE AE on its list of actresses. Given that in today’s entertainment industry, there is no clear boundary between singers and actors – a case in point being CHOI SEUNG HYUN (T.O.P of BIGBANG), dozens of YG idol singers are ready to jump into acting.

Then why are top-class actors in such a rush to join YG? It’s not because of money. A YG staff member told OSEN, “We don’t sign contracts with celebrities who come for money. That’s how it is with YANG HYUN SUK. He attaches great importance to their value as artists, whether the person is an actor or a singer, and their sincere attitude. He wants someone who is great as a person so that he can work with him/her for a long time.”

KANG DONG WON and KIM HEE AE, who have recently joined YG, readily signed the contract with YG because they liked how YG creates the best condition for actors and lays out a vision. This is the reason why KANG DONG WON refused to be represented by other agencies even though they offered huge amounts of money and chose YG instead. This is also why KIM HEE AE chose YG as her first agency.

By signing a management contract with YG, KIM HEE AE now has an agency for the first time since her debut. KIM HEE AE debuted in 1983, and she has been a top-class actress for the past thirty years. Her joining YG demonstrates that top stars are eyeing YG as their agency.

Thanks to its systematic and future-oriented management system and their high level of understanding on actors/actresses, YG is drawing more and more actors. YG’s actor management business is expanding at a remarkable pace boosted by YANG HYUN SUK’s efforts to build a trust-based relationship with actors and the public’s recognition that YG actors are different as with YG singers.

Under the current circumstances in which the so-called Korean Wave is spreading to all parts of the world, an actor can go only so far without an agency, and this is another reason why YG’s actor management section is growing rapidly.

There are a number of actors/actresses whose career took off after joining YG. CHA SEUNG WON, KANG DONG WON, CHOI JI WOO, JUNG HYE YOUNG, JANG HYUN SUNG, GOO HYE SUN, YOO IN NA and LEE SUNG KYUNG are with YG, and a synergy effect has been created between YG and its actors/actresses.

Just like with is singers, YG has built close relationships with its actors/actresses and, in most cases, they have resigned their contracts. It is truly a win-win relationship.

From JINUSEAN and 1TYM to BIGBANG, 2NE1, WINNER, and iKON, all of YG’s musicians have become huge. Even PSY and EPIK HIGH are represented by YG, and it is not an exaggeration to say that YG has all the big players in Korea’s music industry. It started off as a music management agency, but now it has grown into an all-round entertainment company and is considered to be #1.

http://ygunited.com/2016/03/18/cha-seung-won-gang-dong-won-kim-hee-ae-choi-ji-woo-choose-yg/

-------------------

movies 2016 by SHOWBOX

Hidden Time:)

Posted Image

@showbox

• Like 3

yeah! he is gaining weight before shooting 'Master' this April. :)

"Kang Dong-won played as police, intelligent search team captain, and order to better match, we decided to increase the weight"

credit: @adepark7

source: http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20160318/77080993/1

-------------

Jeon Ji Hyun mentioned KDW in 'Assassination' DVD Commentary...

She said because KDW visited the film site on the day she shot this scene, she could not concentrate on shoot, made everybody laughed....:lol:
Posted Image

source: https://www.facebook.com/GangDongWonTaiwan/?ref=ts&fref=ts

--------------------

Hidden Time bts  Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

credit Entourage production

uGvYDZt.jpg

SHOWBOX

• Like 6