Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest missluffy

@rjuliet don't forget his unique glasses, classic but fit to him and i think i never see Korean Celeb have the glasses like him, maybe his role model is his manager Ms Park?  :D
F6L7o2.jpg

n63ijt.jpg

I can't wait his next event, i'm excited with what he will wear but i believe it will definitely Unique

Guest rjuliet

kdw is cute and funny...he seems more relaxed...thanks retsuno keep it coming...hahaha stefani, very spot on, similar type of glasses....lol

Guest retsuno

Since Ah Reum need 5 hours to finish his make up...
KDW's message to Ah Reum :)

output_18V7BX_zps4c9221c9.gifoutput_CDoujx_zps065f9ad8.gif
                                           "So miserable. Had to suffer.... My pitiful friend. Please be happy
..."

Edit:

I just read news about KDW's appearance in Section TV tomorrow.
He said recently there was drama that he'd like to try but he was rejected ?! :-O
Really?? What drama?? Can't wait for this interview to be aired tomorrow, seems fun just like today interview :)

Guest retsuno

Some part that I could translate (sorry without GIF, it's really troublesome :D)

img_4_zps3c135fcb.jpg
SHK said  it looks difficult/tiring for raising child, since dae soo is the type that not really listening (when Mira talk.)
The caption on KDW read "Haa.. Nobody were on my side"

SBSMovieWorld20140809mp4_snapshot_0334_2  SBSMovieWorld20140809mp4_snapshot_0341_2
KDW : (with SHK) talked about her next project. Oo, it looks interesting. Who's the actor? It hasn't been decided.
So that's why he asked for the scenario.
then the MC : Could it be because SHK took this project, you also took this project?
KDW : Aa..well of course that's also one of the reason..

img_5_zps05597117.jpg
MC : Is it true you (KDW) pointed out (SHK's) acting?
Both : It is not point out..
KDW : I don't really remember... How dare I, I'm still lacking (note: I don't quite understand his word in here)

Guest retsuno

Section TV interview is out ... watch here (credit freshspring at SHK Thread)

3420640885_06c222be_image_zpsc7e7fec7.jp

KDW really funny here... he even crushed SHK's dream because she want to try action movie (wire action)... he said "you'll regret it. If you go to action school, they will give you ride (wire action)" LOL....

Edit:
MBCSectionTV140806SongHyeKyoampKangDongW  MBCSectionTV140806SongHyeKyoampKangDongW
KDW explained that Dae Soo likes girlgroup band, so the MC asked "which girlgroup band that he likes?" (they inserted Suzy "Miss A", Taeyeon "SNSD", Hyorin "Sistar" that picked him as their ideal type). KDW answered "I like all girlgroup. That part makes me similar to Dae Soo".

MBCSectionTV140806SongHyeKyoampKangDongW
The caption ... "Girlgroup-ya... come to me..."

Actress Song Hye Gyo Says “Autumn in My Heart” Was a Turning Point in Her Acting Career
deedeegii August 10, 2014 | SoompiActress Song Hye Gyo recently chose the KBS drama “Autumn in My Heart” as a production that made a significant impact on her acting career. The drama aired in the year 2000, and also starred actors Won Bin and Song Seung Hun. 
On the August 10 broadcast of MBC’s “Section TV,” Song Hye Gyo and Kang Dong Won took part in an interview for the entertainment new program, to promote the new movie they filmed together, called “My Brilliant Life.”[omitted non related parts]
In response to the same question, Kang Dong Won chose the movie “Duelist,” as it was a project that showed him the charm and appeal of films.

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kang Dong Won Wants to Film Dramas But Was Recently Rejectedayyagirl August 10, 2014 | SOOMPIScreen-shot-2014-08-10-at-7.34.36-PM.png

Kang Dong Won confesses that he wanted to film dramas but he was rejected recently.

On today’s episode of MBC‘s “Section TV,” Kang Dong Won was interviewed with co-actress Song Hye Gyo for their movie “My Brilliant Life.” Kang Dong Won said, “I wanted to film dramas, but I don’t think I got a good response and they didn’t call me back. I really wanted to do this certain drama for a long time, but I was rejected.” 

Song Hye Gyo responded to Kang Dong Won’s sad confession about his rejection, saying, “Maybe we should film a drama next year.” 

Kang Dong Won was last in a drama in 2004. The drama was titled “Magic.”

The movie “My Brilliant Life,” which is about a couple who has a son with Progeria syndrome, will premiere September 3 this year.

kang-dong-won.jpg

aaaahhhhhh? is he talking about descendants of the sun? 
I know I should not be glad that he was rejected for a possible drama comeback, but if the drama is DotS, then I am soooooo HAPPY that he was rejected!!!

and Can i just say yes yes yes to Song Hye Kyo and Kang Dong Won drama!!!
Can someone please give this two a script!!!

Guest rjuliet

omo, who dares reject kdw?? ...but the best thing is yet to come...im with u czakhareina...i vote a million yes for kdw and shk drama next year :D

He's going to get a ship-load of offers after this statement. I wonder which drama is was too. And you know, as great as he is, he lacks drama experience and might not have fit the part the creators had in mind. I know we find the actors we like the most awesome being alive (well, I don't, but many do), but they are still doing a job and it's not like creators are their fangirls too. :P

I do believe it will actually be tricky to get accepted, when he has so little drama experience and probably requires more money than most and possibly even pre-production or at least more freedom than most drama actors, who usually adapt and go through all kinds of issues. For many creators, he's probably a little scary in that regard, since they're used to treating actors and staff quite cruelly.

Guest retsuno

To be honest, I prefer him to stick with movies just like what he did all this time :)
Of course, play drama sometimes would be good, but I don't think there's production that suitable for him right now.
And we still haven't heard his next project after MPL, maybe we will hear it soon after MPL promotion finished ? (I hope)

@oceanluvkinda agree with you, KDW does lack drama experience... additionally, as much as I like KDW his previous drama choices, they were not that stellar. they were good but not that awesome as compared with his movie picks. script wise..
and I think the thing that KDW would have wanted was better work sched for dramas, much like in making movies. But that usually does not happen, cause live shoots is a fact of Korean drama life and that is the cruel part...

@retsunoI actually like him to make a comeback in dramaland. That is if there is same quality script. But so far, only a handful can deliver good drama script, and the thing is, in drama the thing that makes me watch through all episodes is script. even when the my biases portrays a role in a drama if the scrippy turns crappy or use the usual plot verse that makes me go batty (er like amnesia, urghhh) I ran the other way....So for now, I am for him sticking to movies, until a good quality script comes... I feel the same way with Ha Jung Woo, I miss him in dramaland but without a good script, then I am happy to watch him once or twice a year in movies,,,

@hanaseyes
the person who rejects him(dramaland) may need to made urgent appointment to see doctor  :-B :-B =)) =))
well as fans...all will wish to see him appear in tv  screen every weeks for dramas...
but still for actors/actresses the best achievement will still be movies than dramas
:-B :-B or else all those hallyu stars(after gained popularity in drama) will not try so hard to made debut in movies...
so there is nothing sad even if he didnt get chance to do dramas....and who say he may not get any offers for movies roles in between his current hectic schedules??
frm kundo and now he busy promoting MPL....both movies doin well will attracts the producers/scriptwriters to offer him new projects  :)>- :)>-
and his statement that he was rejected in dramas will also grab others from dramaland  to offer him future roles/scripts... :> :>
so...lets hope to see him again in a good project :D:D