Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

February 10, 2016

‘A Violent Prosecutor’ dominates Seollal box office

Comedy action flick “A Violent Prosecutor” drew 1.17 million moviegoers on Tuesday, the Lunar New Year, topping the Korean box office since its premiere on Feb. 3. 

As of Wednesday, the film had attracted a total of 5.4 million viewers according to the official box-office tracker Korean Film Council. The film broke the 5 million viewer mark faster than previous local box office hits “Assassination,” “Veteran” and “The Thieves.” 

Poster of "A Violent Prosecutor" (Showbox)

Directed by Lee Il-hyeong, “A Violent Prosecutor” follows a prosecutor Byun Jae-wook, played by Hwang Jung-min, who is framed for murder and gets 15 year in prison. He meets Chi-won, played by Gang Dong-won, a good looking conman, in prison. Byun, with his legal knowledge, helps Chi-won to get acquitted, and in return asks Chi-won to carry out plans to take revenge against those who framed him. 

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 3

behind-the-scenes

Posted Image
source

------------------------------

Kang Dong Won reveals details about his famous kiss scene in A Violent Prosecutor

Kang Dong Won‘s kiss scene in his current film “A Violent Prosecutor” has gotten everyone talking, and the actor has spilled some behind-the-scenes secrets to excite fans even more.

During an interview, the actor revealed, “There wasn’t a planned kiss scene at first but [the staff said] we needed one for the sake of scene change. It was quite embarrassing.”

He continued, “I didn’t even meet my partner actress (Shin Hye Sun) before the shoot. It was my first time seeing her. Even she didn’t know about our kiss scene,” and laughed, adding that he had to kiss her before getting to talk to her first.

Meanwhile, Kang Dong Won’s current film “A Violent Prosecutor” premiered on February 3 and is showing successful results.
Source (1)
http://www.soompi.co...ent-prosecutor/

Shin Hye Sun

Posted Image
  • Like 2

February 10, 2016

"A Violent Prosecutor" Hwang Jung-min, "Kang Dong-won is cute"

Source: Sports Donga via Hancinema.net

photo685369.jpg

Actor Hwang Jung-min complimented Kang Dong-won.

Hwang Jung-min was interviewed recently in a café in Seoul. He said, "I didn't think much about my part of the movie. It wasn't important. I just wished my opponent was a guy who likes to have fun. I was the happiest when I heard Kang Dong-won was on board".

"He was everything I had been waiting for. He was so well prepared and I realized that he was thoughtful too. I also got my energy from him".

Hwang Jung-min called Kang Dong-won 'long'. "He is bright and he makes everyone smile".

"I realized how big Kang Dong-won was when the fans cheered for him at the Red Carpet event before the release of the movie".

"A Violent Prosecutor" is a criminal movie about a prosecutor who is framed and put in jail, helping a fraud get out of prison first so that he could help him. Hwang Jung-min takes on the role of the prosecutor Byeon Jae-wook.

Kang Dong-won plays a handsome looking conman named Han Chi-won. "A Violent Prosecutor" was released on the 3rd and is currently holding a record of 5.44 million audiences.

• Like 3

'A Violent Prosecutor' draws record Lunar New Year's crowd

Posted : 2016-02-11 11:26 

A local crime comedy film has gathered a record number of viewers over this Lunar New Year's holiday, data by the official market tracker showed Thursday.

"A Violent Prosecutor" was watched by more than 4.76 million movie-goers from Saturday to Wednesday, a record for the holiday known as "Seol" in Korea, data by the Korean Film Council showed.

A record 6.7 million people have gone to the movies over this Seol holiday, the data also showed.

In the Lee Il-hyung feature, prosecutor Byeong Jae-uk (Hwang Jeong-min) who was framed and put in prison joins up with a fraudster (Kang Dong-won) and attempts to escape.

Released on Feb. 3, the movie was seen by 6.37 million people in eight days.
On Tuesday alone, it was viewed by 1.17 million people, second only to "The Admiral: Roaring Currents" in terms of daily viewership.

"The figure makes up for this past January, which was slower than usual," analyst Kim Hyeong-ho said. "A lot of people who complained of having no good movies to watch seem to have all come out and chosen 'A Violent Prosecutor.'"

Meanwhile, "Kung Fu Panda 3," starring Jack Black as a voice actor, was second in the Lunar New Year's box office with 1.24 million viewers. Its cumulative total reached 3.26 million viewers as of Wednesday, the data showed.

It was shown 20,000 times on 954 screens over the five-day period, about half that of "A Violent Prosecutor." (Yonhap)

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2016/02/141_197688.html

-------------------------------

Shin Hye Sun Tells the Behind Story of Her Kiss Scene with Kang Dong Won

bnt news  11 February 2016

[by Woorim Ahn] Actress Shin Hye Sun told a behind story of her kiss scene with Kang Dong Won.

On the upcoming episode of KBS ‘Happy Together3’, So Yoo Jin, Wang Bitna, Lim Soo Hyang, Shin Hye Sun and Kwon Oh Joong will show up and talk about their stories.

During filming the episode, Shin Hye Sun told her feelings to shoot a kiss scene with Kang Dong Won in movie ‘A Violent Prosecutor’. In particular, since Kang Dong Won is well known as not having kiss scenes, her nickname became ‘Lotto Queen’ as she took a deep kiss scene with him.

Shin Hye Sun said, “Actually, the scene was not in the scenario, but all of sudden, it came up. I was happy, but I acted like nothing because Kang Dong Won might feel burdened if I like it too much.”

She added, “I don’t remember well” and became shy when she answered to the question asking ‘What kind of conversations went over after the scene.’

Meanwhile, ‘Happy Together3’ airs on Thursdays at 11:10pm KST. (photo by KBS)

For more bntnews.co.uk

https://sg.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/139103900592/shin-hye-sun-tells-the-behind-story-of-her-kiss

• Like 1

Yonhap News Agency

February 11, 2016

'A Violent Prosecutor' draws record Lunar New Year's crowd

SEOUL, Feb. 11 (Yonhap) -- A local crime comedy film has gathered a record number of viewers over this Lunar New Year's holiday, data by the official market tracker showed Thursday.

"A Violent Prosecutor" was watched by more than 4.76 million movie-goers from Saturday to Wednesday, a record for the holiday known as "Seol" in Korea, data by the Korean Film Council showed.

A record 6.7 million people have gone to the movies over this Seol holiday, the data also showed.

In the Lee Il-hyung feature, prosecutor Byeong Jae-uk (Hwang Jeong-min) who was framed and put in prison joins up with a fraudster (Kang Dong-won) and attempts to escape.

Released on Feb. 3, the movie was seen by 6.37 million people in eight days.

On Tuesday alone, it was viewed by 1.17 million people, second only to "The Admiral: Roaring Currents" in terms of daily viewership.

"The figure makes up for this past January, which was slower than usual," analyst Kim Hyeong-ho said. "A lot of people who complained of having no good movies to watch seem to have all come out and chosen 'A Violent Prosecutor.'"

Meanwhile, "Kung Fu Panda 3," starring Jack Black as a voice actor, was second in the Lunar New Year's box office with 1.24 million viewers. Its cumulative total reached 3.26 million viewers as of Wednesday, the data showed.

It was shown 20,000 times on 954 screens over the five-day period, about half that of "A Violent Prosecutor."

A scene from "A Violent Prosecutor." (Yonhap)  

A scene from "A Violent Prosecutor." (Yonhap) A scene from "A Violent Prosecutor." (Yonhap)

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

• Like 3

February 12, 2016

‘Violent Prosecutor’ stomps rivals

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

12074334.jpg

Lee Il-hyeong’s crime comedy “A Violent Prosecutor,” starring Hwang Jung-min, left, and Gang Dong-won, swept the box office during the Lunar New Year holiday. [SHOWBOX]

Local crime comedy “A Violent Prosecutor” swept box offices during the Lunar New Year holiday, attracting nearly five million moviegoers in five days, pushing aside its only rival, “Kung Fu Panda 3.” 

As the only Korean film to open in time for the holiday, the comedy flick starring two of Korea’s guaranteed crowd-pleasers - Hwang Jung-min and Gang Dong-won - was able to bring in 5.4 million theatergoers from Friday to Wednesday on nearly 1,800 screens nationwide. 

There are a total of 2,489 screens in Korea, according to the state-run Korean Film Council.

Distributed by Showbox, a major film distributor and investor in Korea, “A Violent Prosecutor” accounted for an average of 72 percent of box office sales during the holiday period.

And the speed at which the film hit six million admissions - within eight days - was faster than any film released last year. 

Last year’s most-watched film, “Veteran,” a crime thriller starring Hwang, took 12 days, while “Assassination,” a historical action flick directed by Choi Dong-hoon, last year’s runner-up, took 11 days. 

“A Violent Prosecutor,” directed by newbie filmmaker Lee Il-hyeong, follows the revenge plot of an aggressive prosecutor played by Hwang, who was imprisoned for the false charge of killing a prime suspect. He joins up with a pretty-faced con man played by Gang, who becomes his avatar after being released with his help. 

“Kung Fu Panda 3,” another highly anticipated film at the crowded holiday box office, attracted 1.2 million moviegoers on less than 1,000 screens. Since it opened Jan. 28, the animated feature has sold 3.3 million tickets as of Wednesday. 

The Oscar-nominated feature “Carol,” which opened Feb. 4, attracted a more-than-expected 94,154 theatergoers during the holiday on an average of 218 screens nationwide.

BY JIN EUN-SOO [jin.eunsoo@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 2

:blush:

SHOCKING truth revealed of YG actor Kang Dongwon’s past

Posted on February 12, 2016

Netizens discuss the shocking truth of YG actor Kang Dongwon’s college days

Over the years, internet has become a place to either reveal the truth of or accuse idols and celebrities’ past. With attachment of photos and videos, netizens try to prove the past rumors of these idols and celebrities. But could they have once again reveal the shocking truth of a famous celebrity?

Originally posted on Pann, netizens discuss the shocking past rumors of YG actor Kang Dongwon.

Titled “True Stories of Kang Dongwon’s College Days,” here is the direct translation of the post and comments below.

“He is so rigged..

I want to live as him for one day.

[ +443 / -19] “I am a college classmate of Kang Dong Won. During the school festival to raise money, Kang Dongwon made food at his booth for his major. Other majors’ booths got screwed over solely due to this reason. He is such a bad man T_T”

“Not that he made food but the moment he stepped in the booth, it was game over for other booths.”

“If he started serving, all of the customers wouldn’t have left.”

“Kang Dongwon cosplayed as a female during college orientation and I thought he was a girl….”

“He was the oppa that we asked for college advice at trips. He was the oppa laying on the floor with male and female students sleeping after drinking at school trips. He was the oppa who would ask people next to him in class if they wanted to do projects with him. It is like how there is a really good restaurant but it is not near my house…. Same with him, Kang Dongwon was at my school but he isn’t my friend.”

“He was such a rigged character… He is smart and he can cook…… Whew…”

PkZVR1S.jpg

Xn7aadh.jpg

dnsqDOA.png

KhT1AV0.jpg

faOb0yA.jpg

NETIZEN REACTIONS

[ +213 / -6] All of the people who claimed Kang Dongwon wasn’t handsome nor was he their type hahahaha They froze and watched him quietly during movies lol

[ +188 / -2] NEVER bring your girlfriends to a movie starring Kang Dongwon

[ +169 / -2] I wonder who Kang Dongwon will marry???

Source: Pann

via http://www.koreaboo.com/uncategorized/sh/

• Like 3

Wow, he has many actors complimented his good personality and now this comment too

If the person telling the truth then KDW is really such a perfect dream

How can there's such a perfect person exist :tears::tears::tears:

Is it wrong that I expect boy-who-have-prospect-to-be-my-bf  to be like him?

Indeed, he is a bad man to making me living a fangirl life kekekekeke

• Like 2