Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

• 2 weeks later...

Kang Dong-won and Kim Yun-seok become priests

Updated : October 05 2015

Actor Kang Dong-won and actor Kim Yun-seok will become Catholic priests in an upcoming mystery flick “The Priests.”
The film’s distributor CJ Entertainment on Monday released two individual posters of Kang and Kim wearing black cassocks.

In Kim’s poster, his eyes are fixed somewhere, while the photo is captioned as “A Child is in pain, will you ignore it?”
Kang is praying in the released photo, with a message that says “I have a debt to pay.”

Directed by Jang Jae-hyun, “The Priests” is a story of two priests who are on a mission to save a girl from danger.
The last time Kang and Kim joined in a flick was six years ago in the box office hit “Woochi” in 2009.

“The Priests” opens in theaters on Nov. 5.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)
http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201510051632011501119_2

• Like 3

‘Dark Priests’ Kang Dong-won, “Speaking 4 Languages is Tough!”

bnt News

October 12, 2015

8JdMpb8.jpg

[by Yoonjung Yi, photo by Hwang Ji Eun] Actor Kang Dong-won shared the difficulty of speaking four languages in his role at ‘Dark Priests’.

Director Jang Jae-hyun and actors Kim Yoon-seok and Kang Dong-won joined the production presentation at Apgujeong CGV for the upcoming movie ‘Dark Priests’ on October 12.

On this day, Kang Dong-won shared the difficulty of speaking multiple languages by saying, “I had to command Latin, Chinese and German fluently. I had no prior knowledge of Latin, so I had to ask the director quite often. I also asked some priests to see if they know the languages, and they did. In fact, these are commonly used by the priests.”

He added, ‘But I was traumatized by learning these languages, because it was so unfamiliar to me!”

Later, Kang Dong-won surprised the audiences when he naturally recited his lines in Latin, per MC Park Kyung-lim’s request.

Meanwhile, ‘Dark Priests’ follows a mysterious story of two priests, who tries to save a girl from danger. The movie will premiere on November 5. (photo by bntnews DB)

For more bntnews.co.uk

https://sg.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/131009795814/dark-priests-kang-dong-won-speaking-4

------------------------------------

[TF영상] '검은 사제들' 강동원 패션, '가위손' 조니 뎁 뺨치네

thefact

영화 '검은 사제들' 제작보고회 현장

wikitree4you

-------------------------------------------------------

The Priests Full Trailer 1.20 mins

• Like 4

AsianWiki had posted:

Gang Dong-Won is cast in upcoming movie "Hidden Time." Also cast in the film are child actors Shin Eun-Soo and Lee Hyo-Je. Movie is directed by Uhm Tae-Hwa ("Ingtoogi: The Battle of Internet Trolls").

Story for "Hidden Time" revolves around a group of children that takes a trip to the mountains. The next day, only one person (Shin Eun-Soo) is found. A few days later, another boy is found, but he is no longer a 13-year-old child. The child is now an adult (Gang Dong-Won).

HIDDEN TIME will be released sometime next year in South Korea.

File:Hidden Time-a00.jpg

• Like 3

Kang Dong Won wants to keep improving as an actor

Oct 15, 2015

Actor Kang Dong Won recently filmed a pictorial for the latest issue of ‘HIGH CUT’ fashion magazine, where he stood out with his good looks and lanky frame.

The pictorial was filmed against the backdrop of a church and plaza in Italy’s northern city of Bergamo, and some of the photos were given a black and white treatment. Kang Dong Won used a mixture of black, grey, and blue colored outfits to create a mysterious aura. In one of the photos that was used for the magazine’s cover photo, Kang Dong Won blocked the sun with his hand, with the right side of his face reflected in the shadows, and one couldn’t extract themselves from the gaze of his left eye.

In the subsequent interview with ‘HIGH CUT,’ Kang Dong Won revealed his thoughts about acting, as well as sharing interesting stories behind the filming of his new film ‘The Priests.’

In just 2015 alone, Kang Dong Won will have finished filming three films in total.

He said, “Filming for ‘The Priests’ was from February to May. I then rested for two weeks before filming for ‘A Violent Prosecutor’ which lasted from June to September 17th. ‘Hidden Time’ was scheduled to begin filming in November, but it was pushed forward to end October later. I am okay with other things still, but I feel that my endurance level is kind of lagging recently.”

As for his acting, Kang Dong Won said, “I always felt that I have to deeply analyze and go about my acting. I saw Lee Myung Se director recently, and related my frustrations to him. If I am just contented with the present, I will become an actor that will never improve. And I wish to go further in my career.”

‘The Priests’ will open on November 5th, where Kang Dong Won will play a deacon who works with a priest (Kim Yun Seok) to save a girl (Park So Dam) from danger. He said, “As I was doing promotions for the film ‘My Brilliant Life’ last year, I received the script for ‘The Priests.’ This was a genre that Korea hasn’t seen before, and I wanted to challenge myself. It sounds like a horror film on paper, but it also has a thriller feel. And I like it very much most importantly.”

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

http://kpopfighting.com/2015/10/15/kang-dong-won-wants-to-keep-improving-as-an-actor/

• Like 4

[V Report Plus] Meet Kang Dong-won and Kim Yun-seok on V

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201510151526001043641_2

Updated : October 15 2015

Actor Kang Dong-won and Kim Yun-seok will meet viewers on the V app at 9 p.m. on Friday to talk about their upcoming flick “The Priests.”

“Hello, I am Kang Dong-won, who will be playing Choi Boo-jae in the film ‘The Priests,’” Kang said in a trailer video released on the app Thursday. “We prepared a special time to talk with you about the film before the premiere.”

obo.jpg

Kang Dong-won (Naver V App)

“During the ‘Naver Movie Talk Live’ show on Friday, actor Kim Yun-seok, director Jang Jae-hyun, actress Park So-dam, the only female cast, and I will appear on the program and talk about the film,”he said. “Also, some special clips will be released.”

Viewers with questions about the film can leave them on Naver’s website before or during the show to win a chance to receive a special gift.

obx.jpg

Kang Dong-won (Naver V App)

Mysterious flick “The Priests” is a story of two priests, played by Kang and Kim, who are on a mission to save a girl from danger.

“The Priests” opens in theater on Nov. 5.

Naver’s real-time broadcasting app V allows fans to interact with their favorite K-pop stars through live broadcasts. The app is available for Android and iOS. For more information, visit www.vlive.tv.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.naver.vapp
Apple AppStore https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1019447011?mt=8

• Like 3