Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

[*]

• The Korean Film Academy (KAFA) Showcases ‘Screen X’ filmsby JUNG Yoo-mi | Feb 02 2015 |  Korean Film Biz Zone
  • Screening Accompanied by a Case Study jSqtAqvFFwvEAzBmElfg.jpg
    The Korean Film Council (KOFIC, Chairman KIM Sae-hoon) affiliated Korean Academy of Film Arts (KAFA) will introduce the latest multi-projection theater system ‘Screen X’. The ‘Screen X’ film showcase scheduled for Thursday February 5th at the CGV Hongdae theater will be screening 3 films including KIM Jee-woon’s The X followed by a ‘Screen X’ film production case study presentation and related film production education orientation.
    As a leading force in 3D film production education since 2012, KAFA has consistently offered opportunities for Korean film professionals to understand the process of 3D filmmaking and supported the students to make of their own short films using this knowledge. The dilemma of a new screening system for 3D films led to the production of ‘Screen X’ short Mother (direct translation) directed byHONG Sung-hoon which will have the opportunity for evaluation at the showcase.
    ‘Screen X’ is a new dynamic screening system which expands the front screen of a movie theater to the left and right sides of the theater’s physical structure. This type of multiple screen use is groundbreaking in the sense that it provides new storytelling possibilities for the creator while giving the audience a new visual experience. Just like its involvement in 3D film production, KAFA has been following and focusing on the ‘Screen X’ system as well. At the showcase, Korean films shot on ‘Screen X’ format will be screened including KIM Jee-woon’s The X starring GANG Dong-won and SHIN Min-a, the KAFA-produced short Mother, and Ghost Whale (direct translation) directed by CHOI Yang-hyun. After the screenings, additional programs such as a case study presented by the cinematographer of KIM Young-noh, and KAFA’s ‘Screen X’ film production orientation will follow.     
  • Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.

class="entry-title"Kim Yoon-seok and Kang Dong-won cast for ‘Black Priests’

Actors Kim Yoon-seok and Kang Dong-won started shooting for film ‘Black Priests(translated title’ after being cast.

‘Black Priests’ depicts a story of two priests who get involved in a mysterious case to save a girl from danger.

Actor Kim Yoon-seok was cast as ‘Kim’, a priest who holds religious rituals to save a girl from danger despite all doubts and oppositions. He is expected to show another character role as he has in his previous works.

On the other hand, Korea’s one of the hottest stars, Kang Dong-won who starred in his recent film ‘My Brilliant Life’ where he showed love of a dedicated father, was this time cast as ‘Choi’, a deacon who helps ‘priest Kim’ and gets engaged in a case unexpectedly. He is said to transform into a character that he has never played before.

The first shooting for ‘Black Priests’ was held on March 5 in Dae-gu and the duo has successfully got absorbed in their character and took a great start.

“We started filming today. I am trying to get used to wearing the Roman collar. It makes you think a lot when you are dressed in it. Also, Kang Dong-won looks awesome wearing his Roman collar, so please get excited to see him in one. Anyway, since we just started we will keep up with our work and get going,” said Kim Yoon-seok.

“It was a good start. We already have good teamwork together, so I have a good feeling that things will work out very well,” said Kang Dong-won about his first shooting.

http://www.getitk.com/kim-yoon-seok-and-kang-dong-won-cast-for-black-priests/?lang=en

Kdw is filming the new movie Black Priests and this photo was taken during filming this movie in Daegu Korea a few days ago .
So so handsome and awesome!!!!!

# This movie production staff wrote a reply on kdw DC asking to  delete this photo  so I deleted the photo.  Sorry.

Kim Yun-seok and Gang Dong-won Have Been Cast for ‘Black Priests’

Posted on Mar 10, 2015

[WIKI KPOP = YANG, JA YOUNG Editor]

Kim Yun-seok, Gang Dong-won/ photo=CJ Entertainment

Kim Yun-seok, Gang Dong-won/ photo=CJ Entertainment

Kim Yun-seokand Gang Dong-won have confirmed their cast for a film <Black Priests> and the crank-in started in Daegu on March 5.

<Black Priests> portrays two priests who get involved in a mysterious incident to save a girl in danger. The film is directed by Jang Jae-hyun who received awards from 2014 <The 15th Junju International Film Festival> and <The 9th Paris Korean Film Festival>.

There’s much attention toward the film as Kim Yun-seok and Gang Dong-won have reunited after they starred in <Jeon Woo Chi>.

Kim Yun-seok will take the role as Priest Kim who takes a challenge to save a girl in danger. He will create another strong character with his charismatic looks and talented acting skills.

Gang Dong-won will take the role of Choi Boo-jae who support priest Kim. He gets embroiled in an unexpected event as he prepares a ceremony with priest Kim. He will show contrasting images from his usual cold-urban guy image.

After the crank-in, Kim Yun-seok stated “I still feel awkward to wear a priest’s roman collar. It makes me to think a lot. I’ve just started filming, so I will try my best until the end.”

Gang Dong-won shared his feelings, “Since I’ve prepared a lot for this film, I feel great. Our team has great teamwork and I think the rest of film will be enjoyable.”

Jang Jae-hyun director’s first full-length film <Black Priests> have already grabbed fans’ attention with its sophisticated video images and productions. The film will surely grab Korean cinema fans’ attention.

| 위키케이팝 | 양자영 기자 |

[YANG, JA YOUNG / yang@wikikpop.com ]

• 2 weeks later...

CGV cinema did a survey on the most trusted actors when choosing a movie by moviegoers and KDW ranked the fifth actor!!! 

Actor Song Kang Ho has been voted as the most trusted actor when choosing a good movie by moviegoers at CGV Cinema.

Among 925 people who participated in the movie theater chain’s survey, Song Kang Ho received the most votes, with 28.4% of the votes. Hwang Jung Min  came in second .Ha Jung Woo  came in third,  Choi Min Sik came in fourth, while Kang Dong Won   came in fifth.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/23/song-kang-ho-voted-as-most-trusted-actor-for-choosing-a-movie-by-moviegoers/

img]
img]
cr Seishin Matsui  instagram.Kdw is in Japan now.Kdw's Japanese friend,  SISE designer Seishin Matsui posted 2 photos in his instagram yesterday.and Seishin  Matsui wrote that Even if we can't meet often I hope that I hang out with you like this at the age of 40 and 50. and thank you.   

Kdw and his designer friend look so happy and excited!     Dong won, Have a good trip !!!!!

Guest kazumichan

He looks like " my mother " with that necklace  =))  or a rich ahjuma ( mother in law ) from a Korean drama ....LOL,  don't know where it come from !!!!Thought the pic took around a week ago, I think he was in Japan to watch Sise 2015 A/W and others show in Tokyo fashion week ( 17/3 - 23/3 )
EDIT : I finally found that the necklace is also from Sise 2015 A/W . It look a little bit weird in the pic above but watch it in the running show .... It's AMAZING ... The collection  is awesome as usual :)

Hmn, his coat looks the same here, but the light is different so it change the color a little bit. I guess that we'll see he wears many of Sise AW15 in the near future :) as always keke
tumblr_inline_ni48kyxZmX1qlh3sb.jpg

CJ CGV conducted a survey with 925 audiences who have visited CGV more than four times a year and did a survey for the most charming actors.
KDW was received the most votes with 27.9% of the votes and  was ranked 1st in the most charming actors' survey as well !!!!! Won Bin came in second, Kim Su-hyun came in third ,  Jung Woo-sung in fourth  and Jo In-sung in fifth and more. img]

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&oid=096&aid=0000364237&sid1=001&spi_ref=m_news_twitter

Guest kazumichan

Some pic in the airport :)  Sorry, althought you want to hide, but many people still looking at ... so ...11017637_948101575208954_1557990856_n.jp
There is a short video, but i don't know how to post ---- > link HERE 
Credit: aixxiamxxx  :\">

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kazumichan

11111502_673333656122803_1187085631_n.jp
With Seishin Matsui ( Sise's designer ) and from his IG again !!! hmmmThe caption is 深夜観光 -- tourism at midnight 
------ B-) I start doubting about those two :-w  :P ,  but Seishin-san ... don't kiss his hat nor close to it like that X_X !!!!!I bet that it's smell cause KDW wore it a lot recently !!!  

Guest Geumchi

Hello Everyone!

It's my first time posting in Kang Dong Won thread and I've only been his fan last 2012... after his enlistment.

Anyway, like everyone here, I hope he'll do drama in the future too..

If Jang Dong Gun and Jeon Jin Hyun managed to make a drama comeback after 12 years, I have faith that Kang Dong Won make one too.. lol.. though we only have until 2016 for his 12th year drama hiatus mark.

Guest kazumichan

Let's look at a very first poster of "The Priests"
988322490_934da140.jpg

Source : KOBIS
I think the movie now is in the post-production and will be soon have other information, like trailer and character poster.and it can be release in late of summer or September or if they work faster, may be in July !!!!! So exited !!!!
It's a very simple poster but the cross is beautiful enough to make me use it as an avatar  :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hwang Jung Min And Kang Dong Won Meet On The Big Screen

source : bntnews

morLjE.jpg

[by Sora Ghim] Movie ‘A Violent Prosecutor’ has already gained attention for its casting of Hwang Jung Min but the confirmation of Kang Dong Wan raises anticipation.

This film is about a prosecutor (Hwang Jung Min) who gets wrongly accused of murder and meets a con artist (Kang Dong Wan) in jail. The two team up in order to clear his name.

Hwang Jung Min and Kang Dong Won, two actors of completely different charms will meet in ‘A Violent Prosecutor.’ Just the thought of these two on the big screen together raises expectations. The characters they play also contrast the other, Hwang Jung Min as a prosecutor and Kang Dong Won as a swindler.

A loyal boss in ‘New World’ and a father in ‘Ode to my Father’ Hwang Jung Min is a versatile actor that is perfect for the role of Jae Wook in ‘A Violent Prosecutor.’ Waking up one morning to find he has been accused of a murder he didn’t commit, prosecutor Jae Wook plans a revolt to the outside world from within jail.

Leaving a strong impression as beautiful villain, Jo Yoon in ‘Kundo: Age of the Rampant,’ Kang Dong Won will play trickster Chi Won, who has good looks, the gift of gab, and the adaptability of weeds. Kang Dong Won will show a comic side to him, portraying a charming con artist.

This movie revolves around loyalty and friendship as the two work together in order to enter the world. A suspenseful movie that requires the opposite people to collaborate and plan an elaborate idea, it will showcase Hwang Jung Min and Kang Dong Wan’s body play.

Meanwhile, ‘A Violent Prosecutor’ is directed by Lee Il Hyung who was the assistant director during ‘Kundo: Age of the Rampant’ and will be his directorial debut. The movie will crank in on May 18. (photo by SEM Company, Cine21)

------------------------------------

First Poster: A Violent Prosecutor 검사외전 (2015)

p116Rq.jpg

source : movie.daum.net

more info

A Violent Prosecutor 검사외전 (2015)

Director: Lee Il-hyeong (1st Film)

Cast:

Production: Sanai Pictures

Distribution: Showbox

Filming Dates: May, 2015.

Genre: Revenge Thriller

Plot: A prosecutor (Hwang Jung-Min), with a propensity for violence, is falsely accused of murder and imprisoned. The former prosecutor recruits talented prisoners, including a schemer (Gang Dong-Won), to take revenge on those who placed him in prison.

*Filming begins late May, 2015.

source : asianwiki.com

----------------------

Kang Dong Won confirmed for upcoming film 'A Violent Prosecutor'

May 12, 2015 @ 2:25 am

source : allkpop

Kang Dong Won will be joining actor Hwang Jung Min in upcoming 2016 film 'A Violent Prosecutor'! The two were discussed to be candidates a while back and now they've been confirmed for the movie that will begin its crank in later this month.

'A Violent Prosecutor' is a crime film about a prosecutor, played by Hwang Jung Min, who has been falsely charged with murder. He meets a schemer (Kang Dong Won) and the two work together towards clearing the prosecutor's wrongful conviction.

Showbox Mediaplex stated, "'A Violent Prosecutor' is about the loyalty and friendship between two men who are on opposite sides. The film will be a tense and fun crime film with Hwang Jung Min and Kang Dong Won, as the two work towards clearing the prosecutor's name."

They'll enter into production starting May 18.

Edited by oceanluv
  • Like 6

The priests bts pics

Y3QxnP3DuIrM.jpg

UlYlNC6VWxP3.jpg

credit  伊然圆圆圆

The priests (short film version from 15th Daegu Independent Short Film Festival) trailer

11265579_838440629537707_767850996529643

11262134_838440609537709_503525451736336

3.00-3.57

-----------------------------------------------

A Violent Prosecutor bts pics from weibo

her post: 来韩国第一次看到明星,说是姜东元再拍电影,没有看到人

(trans) The first time I saw a star in Korea, said Kang Dong-won is to make another movie, do not see people

<she's so lucky!>

WkG2YHdqh5ua.jpg

uO2UhaisV9st.jpg

YNDMeI4p4qMY.jpg

credit  大飞921  

• Like 3