Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Hello!!!

I have just recently became a fan of kang dong won...ur probably wondering how it took me this long to watch one of his movies which was Temptation of the wolves...to be honest i have no idea why it took me soo long!

I'm not too sure if me liking him will die down eventually but right now!! *squeal* love him!! If you have any articles that you want me to translate of him, I am willing to (I am Korean, however I can only understand Korean not speak which is bad when i talk to my relatives lol)..but right now I've been procrastinating a lot and I kind of have to study which sucks..T.T

ooh i watched 'Too beautiful to lie' but I still prefer 'Temptation of the wolves'..I really love him in those romance, comedy sort of movies or dramas...

now i see why practically all of the female celebrities like him..LOL

Guest Rinhee

Ah..i already miss Kang Dongwon..

since I saw his recently movie with Song Kangho..

I miss him hell yeah ^^

ah I can see his cute expression on those photo..

Dongwon looks he really being Kangho's real brother..^^

I'm still waiting for his new project..

oh very WELCOME ek10

Big surprised that you are Korean! you might know him better than me. haha

May I recommend Jeon Woo Chi, a comedy one with a bit romance, such a really entertaining movie!

but Secret Reunion, Maundy Thursday and Duelist are a must watch too, all of his roles are never alike...

and that's very kind of you if pleasing to translate his article... ^ ^

Rinhee

yeah, they are the combination in SB and look really like real brothers

and anticipated for Psychic with his new couple Ko soo, it will be great...:)

found this article from Style M (google trans)

Plastic and anyone who did not celebrities?

2010062215384996332_6.jpg

배우 강동원은 진정한 프로다. Actor Kang Dong Won is a true piece. 그와 작업을 하면 100% 만족을 준다. If you make him give 100% satisfaction. 보통 남자배우와는 달리 의상 메이크업 사진컨셉 등 모든 것을 스텝들과 같이 준비한다. Usually an actor, unlike concepts such as costume makeup pictures with the staff and everything is ready. 강동원의 미적 감각은 탁월해 취미생활로 가구를 만드는데 웬만한 디자이너 못지않은 실력을 가졌다. Kang Dong-won sense of beauty to make the furniture as a hobby takwolhae less than a tolerable designers had the skills.

Full article

http://stylem.mt.co.kr/styview.php?no=2010...84996332&type=1

Guest avinn

Hello new lovers, ek10 and Rinhee. Welcome on board... :D

ek10,

We are so lucky to have you, the one and only Korean gal here.. :wub: Thanx for your willingness to translate any of his articles. Well, no need to wait for us, if you happen to find any article in Yahoo Korea, feel free to translate it then. Anyway, don't force yourself to do it if you are busy or something kay.. :)

Rinhee,

Yeah we miss him too. just can hardly wait for the 'Psychic'....

Anyway, I finally got myself the DVD (I mean the JWC DVD, but they call it as 'WooChi, The Tao Fighter' here) ..feels so elated now..

DSC00034.jpg

Guest hantamthieu

Hello new lovers, ek10 and Rinhee. Welcome on board... :D

ek10,

We are so lucky to have you, the one and only Korean gal here.. :wub: Thanx for your willingness to translate any of his articles. Well, no need to wait for us, if you happen to find any article in Yahoo Korea, feel free to translate it then. Anyway, don't force yourself to do it if you are busy or something kay.. :)

Rinhee,

Yeah we miss him too. just can hardly wait for the 'Psychic'....

Anyway, I finally got myself the DVD..feels so elated now..

DSC00034.jpg

Yes, welcome ek10 and Rinhee ! Glad to see new faces :)

ek10, why did it take you so long LOL. And Duelist and Maundy Thursday are a must watch, I think better in that order keke (Well, that's my order anyhow). You are welcome to translate anything you find, e.g. those articles posted in this page. They really tested my persistence :tears:

Amy, do you mean the JWC DVD :w00t:

Good on you !

Hiii Guys,

I've just downloaded JWC & SB :rolleyes: , planning to watch them this week..

I found this survey:

Actors you want to watch the World Cup with? (Hope I'm right!!)

2010062328343368.jpg

1. Lee Seung Ki 43%

2. Kang Dong Won 17.3%

3. Cha Seung Won 14.0%

4. Kim Nam Kil 12.5%

5. Won Bin 8.3%

http://www.breaknews.com/sub_read.html?uid=137138&section=sc4&section2=연예일반

Guest yourasthma

everytime i see a picture of KDW and Song Kang Ho, it never ceases to amaze me how small KDW's face is in comparison. but they look pretty close behind the scenes and i love both actors. although with KDW, it's a different kind of love hehe.

Guest skyrider36

I just found out today about him when i watched the movie duelist. I was completly mesmerized by him in that movie, really amazing actor and very good looking, pretty, guy. :DDD i love him!

Guest hantamthieu

I just found out today about him when i watched the movie duelist. I was completly mesmerized by him in that movie, really amazing actor and very good looking, pretty, guy. :DDD i love him!

Hi skyrider36 welcome to the thread !

Duelist remains my all time favourite Korean movie and KDW in that movie was just, well, breathtaking kekeke. How can a man be both pretty and manly at the same time :wub: I think he perfectly portrayed that role.

Korean box office sets all-time high during first half of 2010

Reporter : Lynn Kim Editor : Jessica Kim

July 7 2010

The Korean box office set a new record during the first half of 2010 with ticket sales hitting an all-time high, according to data by the Korean Film Council (KOFIC).

KOFIC's official report on the local film industry, released Tuesday, stated that Korean moviegoers paid out approximately 547 billion won for theater tickets during the first six months of the year, up 14.6 percent from the same period last year.

However, at nearly 70 million, the total number of viewers dropped by 3.9 percent, or 2.8 million persons, from the previous year. The sales jump despite the smaller number of audience appears to have been due to the increase in ticket sales, especially for 3D-film releases, most notably James Cameron's smash hit "Avatar."

The month of January saw the biggest number of viewers, thanks to the dual success of "Avatar" and Korean fantasy action pic "WOOCHI." The two films brought in over nine million moviegoers from around the country in January alone.

Except for in February and June, domestic films trailed Hollywood pics in terms of their presence on the local box office. The total number of people who watched Korean films around the country clocked in at close to 30 million, down 7.3 percent from the previous year, but ticket sales were up 2.1 percent, thanks to higher ticket prices.

The biggest commercial hit on the Korean box office during the first half turned out to be Hollywood 3D blockbuster "Avatar," which set several records in the country including the most-watched film of all-time and highest ticket sales (at 81.4 billion won).

The most-watched Korean film during the period was "Secret Reunion" with 5.42 million moviegoers, followed by "WOO CHI", "Harmony", "A Story of Bangja" and "The Housemaid."

Half the top ten most-watched movies during the period were distributed by major media company CJ Entertainment.

The upcoming movie line-up for the second half include Korean films "Moss", "I Saw The Devil", "The Man From Nowhere" as well as Hollywood pics "Shrek Forever After", "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse", "Inception" and "Salt."

10asia.co.kr

Article (google trans)

Kang Dong-won the best actor of the mysterious box-office appeal, his name could have any secrets

[sports World] Wed, July 7th, 2010 24:40

- Hatpipeul & hot, the name of a peek inside the secret code

강동원은 2009년 12월 '전우치'와 2010년 2월 '의형제' 그리고 2010년 4월 '구르믈 버서난 달처럼'의 세편의 영화로 흥행배우로 자리매김했다. Kang Dong-won the December 2009 'jeonwoochi' and in February 2010 'brothers', and in April 2010 'gureumeul beoseonan moon' Entertainer of the chippings into the film as an actor has become.

강동원의 매력은 부드러운 미소, 하얀 얼굴, 짝눈인듯한 쌍꺼풀, 큰 키와 날씬한 몸, 뛰어난 연기력, 멋있는 외모, 재치있는 말솜씨 등을 꼽을 수 있다. Kang Dong-won the tender smile of a charming, white face, like a double eyelid is jjaknun, slender body, large keys, good acting, nice appearance, eloquent and witty can be counted.

그의 이름은 어떤지, 어떤 매력이 숨어 있는지 풀어본다. What his name is, let see what is hidden charm.

강동원의 한글 이름은 정말 좋은 이름이다. Kang Dong Won is the name of the Hangul is really good.

강동원의 한자이름을 알지 못해 한글이름으로만 풀이를 하지만 한글이름이 많이 불리우므로 한자이름 보다 받는 기운이 더 강하다. Kang's Chinese name, only the pool but do not know the name of Hangul Hangul character names because the name referred to a lot more stronger than the incoming energy. 한자이름을 같이 푸는 것이 더 정확하고 많은 정보를 알 수 있다. To solve as Chinese name is more accurate and can tell a lot of information.

강동원은 머리도 총명하고 인기운도 넘쳐나고 거기에 재물운도 있고 해외에까지 이름을 널리 알리는 글로벌명성운까지 담고 있다. Kang Dong-won, and popular understanding, the head of cloud also flooded and there jaemulun from abroad to spread the name to the nebula contains a global people.

머리가 영리한 총명운은 초년에 있으면 공부를 잘해 선생님께 이쁨받고 사랑받으며, 청년시절에는 원하는 대학에 입학하며 고시나 어려운 시험도 남들보다 잘 합격하는 운이다. My head is in a clever intelligence to learn good luck the first year teacher and loved yippeum receives, a young man, want to go to college and gosina a hard test to pass even better luck than others.

또한 중년 이후에 있으면 또래 친구나 동료들보다 기억력과 암기력이 좋아 어떤 일을 함에 있어서 남들보다한발 더 앞서 나갈 수 있는 운이 되는 것이다. 강동원 은 청년시절에 인기운이 있어 그의 인기는 당분간 더 계속될 듯 하다. In addition, if after middle age, memory and memorization than your friends and colleagues as a good thing in any one step further than others would be lucky to stay ahead. Kang Dong-won popularity in the cloud that youth have more his popularity will continue for the foreseeable future seems.

단, 중년 이후에 기운이 조금 약해진다. However, since energy is a little middle-aged and weak.

건강에 이상이 와서 힘들어지거나 하고자 하는 일도 막힘이 있어 고통을 겪을 수 있다. To health or to come to work hard or are blocked may suffer.

강동원에게는 악바리 근성이 있어서 어려움이 와도 본인 특유의 고집과 의지와 근성으로 잘 이겨낼 수 있어 보인다. Kang bubble gum guts for the persistence of the difficulties that come with your unique spirit will and can make it through the show. 사업운도 강해 연예인과 사업을 병행해도 성공할 수 있는 기운이 넘치는 좋은 이름이다. Saeopun even if a combination of strong performers and the business can be successful is a good name full of energy.

특히 건강에 신경쓰면서 무리하게 일을 확장하거나 도전하는 것보다 계획적으로 추진하는 것이 좋다. As health care, especially in the work force rather than to expand or to challenge it is good to plan ahead for.

내 이름에 대한 궁금증은 전화(060-801-2349)로 확인할 수 있다. For questions about my name, phone (060-801-2349) and can be found.

정리 스포츠월드 조원익 선임기자 wick@sportsworldi.com By Sports World jowonik senior reporter wick@sportsworldi.com

[ⓒ 스포츠월드 & Sportsworldi.com, 저작자표시+비영리+변경금지] [Ⓒ Sports World & Sportsworldi.com, Attribution No Derivative Works + profit +]

<세계닷컴은 한국온라인신문협회(www.kona.or.kr)의 디지털뉴스이용규칙에 따른 저작권을 행사합니다.> "Dot-com world, the Korea Online Newspaper Association (www.kona.or.kr) and use of the rule will not affect us.>

I just saw the Secret Reunion. Kang Dong-won is EPIC. I love all his movies! He always challenges himself and delivers all. the. time. :)

I can't wait for his next project!

Guest subduing mara

Hi everyone, see some newbie here while I am away, welcome everyone to our lovely home ^__^

I got something to share, deep breath before scrool down okay?

[Trans] 100712 Mnet Japan August Vote Results for Men With Beautiful Body

1 Shim Changmin

2 Park Geonil (Supernova)

3 Lee Jung Shin (CNBLUE)

4 Kang Dong-won

5 Mir (MBLAQ)

6 Nichkhun (2PM)

7 Lim Juhwan

8 Choi Min-Ho (Shinee)

9 Im Seulong (2AM)

10 Hyeon-woo Ji

credit: NeverEnd

trans by: sharingyoochun.net

I am totally shocked about the result! My Kang Dong Won is ranking # 4!!!!

Guest Smelly Tofu

omg changminnie is no.1...lol kang def have a good body...since that poll is more about popularity...dongwonnie is def a hallyu star

Guest avinn

I got something to share, deep breath before scrool down okay?

100712 Mnet Japan August Vote Results for Men With Beautiful Body

Haven't see any polls about his physical attraction lately.. and now it's back. Well, 4th place is not that bad though it sounds a bit weird when he falls out of the top 3 rank (judging from his previous polls which always stay between 1st to 3rd place).

Hey Guys!

Late reply, but thank you oceanluv, avinn and hantamthieu for the immensely warm welcome! lol!

What took me soo long you say? LOL! I can't believe it took me so long to realise how great kang dong won is. Before, I was more into English music,etc had no interest in anything Korean..lol I've never lived in Korea before so...that kind of explains it ^^..I got introduced into the whole Korean life due to my korean friends, who obviously listened to Korean music (and a bit of english music, might I say) but I guess you can say I'm becoming more Korean lol! I'm really surprised how many international people who are not from Korea know a hell of a lot about the Korean entertainment industry, more than me!

It's a pity that Kang Dong won doesn't have much activities, if he was this thread would be very busy ^_^

^

yeah, he is very busy for filming "Psychic" that's why he doesn't have much activities recently...

amy, don't worry abt the poll, his top 3 rank is back! hehe

DC inside gall surveyed for "Chadonam" (cool city man)

total 3,483 votes

20100714214145418h2_002650_0.jpg

no.1 Lee min ho 23.2%

no.2 Kim nam gil 16.4%

no.3 Wonnie 15.2%

source

Guest avinn

ek10

Hi..I bet if KDW would focus on doing tv series as well as movies, it would surely breaks the silence in here though some adverts would once in a while makes this thread busy a little.

I was wondering if he still hasn't complete his master degree yet and that could possibly be one of several reasons why his activities are kinda limited to certain projects only.

I can't believe it took me so long to realise how great kang dong won is. Before, I was more into English music,etc had no interest in anything Korean..lol I've never lived in Korea before so...that kind of explains it

Shall I say that you are being a little choosey ;) Don't get me wrong anyway. We know for a fact that different person have diferent taste, perception and preference regardless of our origins. Lucky that the great KDW (and your other idols) have taken your breath away and taking you back to the Korean entertainment world :) .

Oceanluv,

Yay...he is back on the rank!! Thanks.. :D

Guest hantamthieu

Hi ek10

It's understandable though, if you don't live in Korea and didn't have close connection with what's going on there then you wouldn't pay much attention.

And there must be something happen one day that lead you to things you never know before.

For me, that's the day I stumbled across the Duelist DVD for rent (I think for $2 keke). Wow, not sure if it's a mistake but that $2 ended up costing me a lot more than that LOL. I start listening to Kpop too and also found it quite interesting.

Guest Smelly Tofu

han tamthieu

same here it was the renting of duelist that cost me a fortune..and also the fact i got internet...I didn't get a network setup until i was 16 years old...pretty late in my year

GOOD NEWS!

Kang Dong-won cheer best friend Won Bin

201007271052777220_1.jpg

20100727070000506a7_071535_0.jpg

Kang Dong-won will attend "Uncle" VIP movie premiere starring Won Bin.(on May 27 20:00 Wangsimni CGV)

Kang said he will attend the premiere on the day which will be held.

Kang & Won Bin are famous best friend in the entertainment industry through the room with the football, and PC games , such as personal friendship has been forged . Stick with the current movie ' psychics ' are shooting Kang A star is not exposed to the press often attend the day with just a lot of spotlight , either directly or indirectly to promote the movie seems to help .

Meanwhile, four days next month to film ' Mister ' gave his only friend, neighbor to keep an open mind girl struggling to find a kidnapped girl, the story of a man with a green film turns the attention Won Bin is the intense acting.

source