[Japanese Drama] Hana Yori Dango

Guest resha

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

The cast looks good! I hope they follow the manga version because a lot more stuff happens in the manga version than the TW version. Will this drama be aired in SoCal w/ eng. subs?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^evilone: how come i see you everywhere!!!

i'm anxious for this series to start. i've read the manga and seen the taiwanese version. even though i like the taiwanese version, i think the japanese will do it better, hopefully.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

thank you for the pictures! wow oguri looks hot..as usual ^^

the girl who plays san cai is really cute! prettier than barbie but barbie had 'poorer' look

Guest someday4_2

yup and from what i heard meteor garden didnt follow the original comic that closely (i never watched it soo can someone tell me if it did), im wondering if the new jdorama will...

I thought it followed pretty closely... =X well but then again I didn't finish the manga yet lol

but the hana yori dango site told fans that MG is pretty close to the manga.

It's funny I thought f4 were still kinda promoting meteor Garden in Japan.. or was that way over +D

As bad as some of the acting was... I LUV MG I

Guest *.:StarryEyeSurprise:.*

They don't really look like their characters (hey maybe I'm too used to Taiwan's version -MG)But we'll see right? Hope they act better than F4 did -__-

Guest ichigo_no_powder

They don't really look like their characters (hey maybe I'm too used to Taiwan's version -MG)But we'll see right? Hope they act better than F4 did -__-

I never thought of it that way..I've never read the manga before but after watching MG & MGII, I have a standard of what the characters should look like and what their personalities should be.

OMG I THOUGHT IT STARTS AIRRING ON THE 25!!!!!!

^^ then i'll pretend that this is my bday present hahaha one day early tho ><..

wah i cant wait to see this dorama! the taiwanese one sucked but I liked Jerry so that compensates for it O_O..

I hope this will follow the manga.. coz the manga is so good T_T..

xxmiss_maixx: about rui.. he's ok for me.. shun can do it... :lol: and about takashi... i Know that MatsuJun can do better than Jerry coz he's a very good actor.. i Know he can do it.. hee ^^

lilsh0rtnancy: whats socal? this drama will be aired on TBS... no english subs of course :lol:

evilone: yeah.. i wonder how will they do it coz normally, theyre only 10-11 episodes ne? im curious too hehe

bekhi and ichigo_no_powder: *agree*

SaturnCharm: Meteor Garden is a taiwanese drama based on a manga in Japan named Hana Yori Dango... But the taiwanese version did not follow that much the manga... and they also changed the title coz if u were to translate it, it should be Flower or Food.. and the guys name should be Flower four.. hehe... sounds corny ne? LOL

Keiko: so ur bday is on the 26th? Advance huh? so u can watch it there? me needs to wait for somebody who will upload it so i can watch it :lol:

Guest crazyMuka

As much as I want it to, I don't think this Jdrama will follow the manga that closely, since Jdramas are always around 11-12 eps long. Unless, they have already scheduled to do a second or third season as a continuation (which I doubt). I also heard Shun said that they deliberately make this drama a bit different from the Taiwanese version. MG 1, as far as I can tell, follows the manga pretty closely.

A short gif of the preview, I post this everywhere I go, LOL.

hyd2qm.gif

Guest TrainDriver

oh cool, MG will always stay special to me, just like FMA. no one can replace f4 though, even though they couldn't act u would just ignore it.

Guest yingying

hm interestg but iunno... dont really wana see it in the japanese version if i dont understand it... and no moatter how much i dislike F4 now, they look hotter

hm interestg but iunno... dont really wana see it in the japanese version if i dont understand it... and no moatter how much i dislike F4 now, they look hotter.

no one can replace the perfect image of Jerry+barbie+Zazai :P

Guest alcyone

Oguri Shun!!! awww...awww...can't imagine Jun Matsumoto as Doumyoji....i dunno...to me the image doesn't match...but we'll have to see that would we? heuheuheuehuee can't wait...anybody's gonna upload to cb?

ooo sounds interesting. I havent watched Meteor Garden simply because people have ruined the plot for me. With a new cast, I really wouldn't be able to tell. Mmm, hope it comes out good.

Archived