[cdrama 2007] Liang Shan Bo Yu Zhu Ying Tai

Guest boatswain

Guest boatswain

The Butterfly Lovers
A beautiful girl disguises herself as a man and lives under one roof with a young male scholar for three years without revealing her true identity. They become "sworn brothers," soul mates and lovers. In a world in which marriage is determined by social status and arranged by parents, what is their inescapable Romeo-and-Juliet-type of fate?

The novel is based upon a popular Chinese folktale that has moved millions to tears.

* Peter Ho as Liang Shan Bo 梁山伯

* Dong Jie as Zhu Ying Tai 祝英台

* Chen Guan Lin (陈冠霖) as Ma Wen Cai 馬文才

* Kou Zhen Hai as Wang Shi Yu 王世玉 

* Yue Yue Li as Mr. Zhu 祝员外 

* Wu Qian Qian (邬倩倩) as Mrs. Zhu 祝夫人

* Liu Fang (刘芳) as Liang's mother 梁母  

* Zhan Xiao Nan (詹小楠) as Xie Dao Chang 谢道韫

* Jia Zhao Yi (贾兆冀) as Chen Zi Jun 陈子俊 

* Che Yong Li (车永莉) as Teacher's wife 师母

My notes:

I'm so excited to see that this drama will be remade! This is really quite significant as this is one of the most endearing tales in all of Chinese folklore. It's also probably the only version of Romeo and Juliet that has ever moved me to tears. It's a lovely story. Can't wait until it premeres :) I'll join any subbing group that will be subbing this :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest witchyangelkk

Oooooh... i want to see this ^^

I remember i saw the cartoon of this >_> but this version will be a lot better i think ^^

So i guess its a Mainland Chinese production? or is it Taiwanese?

Guest boatswain

I think its mainland. Usually Taiwan doesn't do period (historic) dramas.

PS: I love your sig! It's so cute :) Your avatar too :D

Guest atlantis

Is it possible to show or post the pictures of the actors/actresses? because i do not know them :D

thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest itrayya

I REMEMBER THIS ONE!!!

I LIKED THE ONE WITH NICKY WU AND CHARLIE.... forgot her last name!!

TXEE YING TA and YING YA YOUA.

i love this one.

but i think peter ho is too big and too manly.

this one is so sweet.

i hope the remake is as good as the older one.

thanks.

cant wait to see.

Guest JOJO2002

YEAHHHH, I ALREADY WATCH IT FOR 3 EPISODES. AND I ALREADY HAVE COMPLETE SERIES AND OF COURSE ALL OF THEM IS RMVB FILE. AS SOON AS POSSIBLE I'LL WILL MAKE A LINK SO ALL OF SOOMPIES CAN WATCH IT TOGETHER. THIS IS ONE OF GREATEST EPIC ROMANCE IN THIS WORLD. KEEP SMILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Lol don't you just love how in ancient dramas cross dressing girls never get recognised as girls?

I want to watch. It sounds like a pretty good ancient series. Fingers crossed it'll be done well.

Guest Dangermousie

Oh wow, this sounds awesome. I love period dramas. When is it supposed to air or has it started already? I really hope someone will sub this :)

Liang Shan Bo Yu Zhu Ying Tai existed befor Romeo and Juliet.. dont' call it the "Chinese version of Romeo and Juliet".

Guest Wen Jing

^ Yeah!! totally agree!!!

But anyway, I never really know the exact story between them >.<

• 2 weeks later...

Archived