K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

Guest crazymovie

New Korea Drama From SBS

씨티홀 : 감독판 [sBS 드라마 박스세트] (5disc) ☜ 김선아, 차승원 주연 (The City Hall - Director's Cut Boxset / 시티홀)

Comming Soon On 31 DEC 2009 with sub Eng

But It's very high price and has only 5 disc [1 disc = 4 Episodes]???????

http://www.madmad.co.kr/dvd/detail.html?dvd_id=57493

dvd057493_5.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

자명고 vol.1 : 1부~18부 [sBS 드라마 박스세트] (7disc) ☜ 정려원,정경호, 박민영 주연 (Princess Ja-Myung Boxset vol.1)

자명고 vol.2 : 19부~39부 [sBS 드라마 박스세트] (6disc) ☜ 정려원,정경호,박민영 주연 (Princess Ja-Myung Boxset vol.2)

Release : 22 Oct 2009 with Eng Subtitle

dvd057489_5.jpgdvd057490_5.jpg

찬란한 유산 vol.1 : 1부~15부 [sBS 드라마 박스세트] (5disc) ☜ 이승기,한효주,문채원 주연 (Brilliant Legacy Boxset vol.1)

찬란한 유산 vol.2 : 16부~28부+부가영상 [sBS 드라마 박스세트] (5disc) ☜ 이승기,한효주 주연 (Brilliant Legacy Boxset vol.2)

Release : 22 Oct 2009 with Eng Subtitle

dvd057491_5.jpgdvd057492_5.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest liology

New Korea Drama From SBS

씨티홀 : 감독판 [sBS 드라마 박스세트] (5disc) ☜ 김선아, 차승원 주연 (The City Hall - Director's Cut Boxset / 시티홀)

Comming Soon On 31 DEC 2009 with sub Eng

Hi. Does anyone here order DVD from madmad.co.kr before? I tried to register on to madmad website, but when I enter the Social Security number the popup window always said it's invalid (not sure how many digits, but mine is 13 digits)

Do they charge the shipping fee as well? and what payment method do they accept?

Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...

3005.gif

IRIS

Package includes:

Disc 1 - 7: Full Series (20 Episodes)

Disc 8: Special Features

Storybook (50 pages, incl. unseen photos)

Subtitles: English

Screen Format: 16:9 Anamorphic Wide Screen NTSC

Sound Format: Dolby Digital 2.0

Regional Code: 3

Release Date: 02/12/2010

Number of Discs: 8

Released By: KBS Media

Iris Special

Making Of

source

If anyone in the US is planning on buying the IRIS DVD set, you can buy at AladdinUS... w/ k2dvd, it's expensive there when you add on the S&H. AladdinUS is also selling the set, and you basically get free S&H, even with tax if it applies to your state, but it's still about $1 less than k2dvd w/ the cheapest S&H ($12 less if you don't have to pay tax), and you will get a tracking number since they are shipping by UPS.

Hanbooks is only slightly cheaper than AladdinUS if you do not have to pay sales tax, but even more expensive than k2dvd w/ the cheapest S&H should you have to pay sales tax

Guest kazenai

I had to pay an extra 20$ when FH Dvd arrived at my door (from Hanbooks) It was the border tax ...Geez Hanbooks should have labelled it as a gift instead of sale T.T

I swear I am going broke b/c of buying kdrama boxsets and other asian dramas. ahehe. anyways just came from yesasia.com and saw that they had city hall w/ eng sub for region 1 US. The price is $134.99...lil cheaper than dvdasian.com price which is 139.95. but dang still pricey. I notice theres not alot of region 1 w/ eng subs kdrama boxset out their. it seems they release kdrama in region 3 w/ subs now 'n days. YA releases eng subs dramas for usa, but they don't release fast enough and out of all the dramas they release only a handful are good and ones that i prefer to watch. I normally buy my kdrama from yesasia.com but they do not offer a wide selection for folks in usa. anywho i really want iris boxset, but will they have one in region1? anyone noe?

I swear I am going broke b/c of buying kdrama boxsets and other asian dramas. ahehe. anyways just came from yesasia.com and saw that they had city hall w/ eng sub for region 1 US. The price is $134.99...lil cheaper than dvdasian.com price which is 139.95. but dang still pricey. I notice theres not alot of region 1 w/ eng subs kdrama boxset out their. it seems they release kdrama in region 3 w/ subs now 'n days. YA releases eng subs dramas for usa, but they don't release fast enough and out of all the dramas they release only a handful are good and ones that i prefer to watch. I normally buy my kdrama from yesasia.com but they do not offer a wide selection for folks in usa. anywho i really want iris boxset, but will they have one in region1? anyone noe?

Unfortunately, YA will not be releasing IRIS. Hopefully, KBS America will have it. You might want to email them to see if they plan to release their own version of the drama.

• 3 weeks later...

Will IRIS boxset have complete episodes with no cuts? Like it was aired on cabel channel? I heard that the version released on KBS channel had some scenes cuted because of censorship.

And does anyone knows if Tamra Island Director's Cut DVD will have english subtitles?

-----

Ah!

In case someone wants to buy korean DVDs and boxsets on ebay, I recommend this seller: http://stores.ebay.com/wooridvd.

I bought 3-4 times from them and I was 100% satisfied with it.

They only sell korean releases (100% Genuine. Not Bootleg!), the prices aren't always cheap but most are cheaper than yesasia and sometimes they have good offers... For example, I bought a brand new boxset of 'A Love To kill' director's cut special edition with 9 discs for just 59 dollars (and it's by far the most beautiful boxset of my DVD collection... the package is extremelly AMAZING). They sell boxsets of Dvd dramas and also movie dvds, in case you don't find something in their ebay store you can ask them and they can try to find it for you. Most of the stuff they sell are brand new but they also sell a few used items for cheaper price and in good condition (I bought a used movie dvd from them and although they stated the condition as average and acceptable, when I recieved the dvd at my house, I was surprised with how good and almost mint condition it was... it was like brand new).

I recommend them! They have more than 6000 points on EBAY and 99.9% of positive ratings.

Does anyone knows other good ebay sellers? I want to find a good ebay seller that has taiwanese tv dramas or asian (korean, chinese, japanese) music dvds for sale too.

Qi Luo, thanks for the eBay recommendation. i haven't bought dramas in eBay in over a year now - and i just saw a DVD i've been looking for in wooridvd's listing. thanks!!!

another eBay addition: for anyone interested on the Damo Director's Cut (Korean) boxset, i saw this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i think the seller's selling it really cheap ^^

the IRIS DVDs weren't labeled as Director's Cut so i don't know either if they're showing the full episodes on the DVDs or not. (tbh, i haven't seen IRIS. sigh.)

Guest kazenai

High Kick Through The Roof Vol. 1 (DVD) (10-Disc) (MBC TV Drama) (Korea Version)

lp1022091232.jpg

lg108226014961095.jpg

Expected release date: February 24, 2010.

* NO ENGLISH SUBTITLES

* Episodes 1-65 (on 10 Discs)

* Screen format : 16:9

* Sound mix : 2.0

* Extra:

부가영상 약60분 분량

YesAsia Editorial Description

In 2006 to 2007, MBC scored a big hit with the hilarious family sitcom Unstoppable High Kick, which launched young actors Jung Il Woo, Kim Bum, and Kim Hye Sung and veteran Lee Soon Jae into stardom. Two years later, High Kick Through the Roof - the unrelated second season to Unstoppable High Kick - brings more laughs to audiences of all ages.

Lee Soon Jae returns as a company president and head of the household, with Daniel Choi (The World That They Live In), Oh Hyun Kyung (First Wives Club), Jeong Bo Seok (Dae Jo Yeong), newcomer Yoon Si Yoon, and Jin Ji Hee (East of Eden) filling out the rest of the Lee family. Shin Se Kyung (Queen Seon Duk) and child actress Seo Shin Ae (Thank You) play country bumpkin sisters who end up working at the Lee house after their debt-ridden father abandons them. The first season of High Kick had 2PM's Chan Sung, and now the second season has BEAST's Lee Ki Kwang (a.k.a. AJ) and Cho Shin Sung's Kwang Soo in the extended cast, as well as rising stars like Hwang Jung Eum (East of Eden) and Julien Kang (Dream).

Preorder it @ YesAsia.com

<I wish it came with english subs :( >

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imogene_af

what version is this..?? is this the thai version? does it have eng subs and where can i get it..?? Thanx

don't you have enough copies of that? :P

don't you have enough copies of that? :P

still i would want to know abz.. building my collection u know... did u see the You are beautiful boxset..?? arrgghh i knew i should have ordered it.. i was worried i'll get my info out there.. :(

Guest crazymovie

what version is this..?? is this the thai version? does it have eng subs and where can i get it..?? Thanx

I design and made it by myself.

Guest kdramafanusa

Received e-mail from YAE about Brilliant Legacy boxset (all 28 episodes in 1 boxset) which will be released on March 30.

http://www.yaentertainment.com/productdeta...PC=880604000954

DVD Pacific has the lowest price (USD69.53), I haven't checked shipping yet though.

http://dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=2228132

And does anyone knows if Tamra Island Director's Cut DVD will have english subtitles?

YAE will release their version (all 21 episodes) in May 2010.

Their schedule shows You're Beautiful for June 2010.

http://www.yaentertainment.com/index.asp

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kazenai

Anyone knows the quality of the subs for this korean tv drama :

Cruel temptation (temptation of wife)

There are 13 dvd and it's from PMP entertainement.

This is the link:

http://www.dvdasian.com/_e/Korean_TV_Serie...VD_Box_Set_.htm

The subs are pretty good, haven't bought it, but PMP usually does acceptable subtitles. I saw a clip of teh first scene with the PMP subs on Youtube (for sampling -for sales) and it was pretty good.

The only thing I don't like about this set it that it's full screen instead of 16:9 (I think)

I was one of the people who suggested PMP to license this title, as YA wouldn't ever.I'm glad they listened to me (and others who might've suggested it)

• 1 month later...
Guest shred

this is for imogene_af - SEXY DVD TIME!!!!!!

5v9nad.jpg

Regional Code: 3, 4, 5, 6

Release Date: 06/10/2010

Number of Discs: 9

3020yrl.jpg

Disc 9 (Special Features):

Chuno History

Audio Commentary

Special Interview

Making Of

24 Sequels in 8 Discs + 1 Disc (Special Features)

Package includes Storybook (appr. 50 p.)

saw it in G-market for ₩92,000

-------------------------------------------------------------------

2lkd1yf.jpg

Regional Code: 3, 4, 5, 6

Release Date: 05/25/2010

2apauo.jpg

Special Features (Appr. 110 min.):

God Of Study Special

Making Of

Untold Story

Package includes Booklet "Guide Book - Secret Method Of Study" (appr. 52 p.)

DigiPak 1: Ep. 1 - 12

DigiPak 2: Ep. 13 - 16

saw it in g-market for ₩85,000

========================================

source: k2dvd.com

Archived