[drama 2007] Lobbyist 로비스트

Guest Soy

Guest selvaspeedy

I'm glad I finally watched Lobbyist. I had put this off initially because of the poor reviews and the "poor ratings". But after a few ep, the story and action drew me in. "This is a good and enjoyable show!", I thought. But I was still waiting to be convinced, due to the deep rooted prejudice from reading the poor reviews. Then the music (OST) hit me around the 5th ep. "Hey, the OST is fantabulous"! I have never disliked a series that can produce an OST this good! And I was right - the show did not disappoint, right till the end. I like the story line, never mind the loopholes - and the action. I just want pure fun, entertainment and a fantastic OST, and Lobbyist provided all that.

maybe it's too late to talk about the lobbyist now (it already finished airing last year)

but I just finished watching it 2 weeks ago (it's not available in my country yet, so I watched it online)

but I have to agree with you rambutan

I didn't really want to watch it due to the not-so-good ratings and the bad reviews

but since SIG is my idol, I made a decision: I'm gonna give it a try :rolleyes:

and MAN this drama kept me hooked from the very begining to the very ending

yes there were some annoying parts (the most annoying to me was the horrible English. It was really painful to listen to them talking in English :crazy: ) but which dramas don't have annoying parts?!

there were people wondering: how did Harry manage to get back to Korea? and they were saying that this is a big hole in the drama.

well, my answer is: Harry already said how.

I don't remember the episode, but Harry said that he phoned the hotel-janitor guy who talked to the kingdom-havana guy, and he managed to get Harry out of Guningstam :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that there are no holes in the drama (Maria's mother, the SuperHarry who managed to escape death millions of times :P ) but if you put them aside, you'll absolutely enjoy the drama.

regarding Maria, I didn't hate her that much.

I think her character was complex... she's a good person trying to be bad so she can

take revenge for her sister's death

if many people hated her, it means that Jang Jin Young really did a good job portraying Maria

yes Maria is the lead actress, but that doesn't mean that you have to love her.

I always loved these types of characters... not straight good

because this is life... you can't find really good, spotless, pure people

I loved Hu Joon Ho as James Lee

the man was amazing, and he did justice to the character

I was wondering the whole time whether he's good or bad guy (that added sparkles to this character)

and I was shocked to know that

he's the one responsible for the death of Eva, the lobbyist of the company that won the contract for producing the sub-marines, CIA spy

about the ending:

it was a little bit confusing

you just wonder, did Harry die or not

:crazy:

but I think it's better than a crystal-clear ending

in this ending

you choose what suites you:

(1) Harry died, and finally Maria realises that revenge isn't everything.

(2) Harry lived happily ever after with Maria.

there were many scenes that made me cry:

(1) Maria's father's death.

(2)the converstaion on the phone between Harry and Maria in the last episode.

:tears:

regarding SIG in this drama:

he was amazing

and there is that scene when

Maria was taking the bullet out of his shoulder.

MAN, this scene was just :phew:

it just looked so real.

kudos to SIG for his phenomenal performance :wub:

I loved the whole lobbying confrontation between Harry and Maria to win the contract for their companies.

this scene really was well-made. :)

I think that this drama is so under-rated.

when I was watching it, I couldn't believe the ratings.

it was really, really good drama.

and one last thing:

the OST is remarkable

it was one of the best OST I've ever heard for a drama

But seriously, I enjoy The Lobbyist more than The Great King, and I can proudly say that Bae Yong Jong is one of my idols, not Song Il Kook.

what you said shows exactly how good the lobbyist drama is.

you're a fan of Bae Yong Jong, and yet you enjoyed the lobbyist more

do you hear that people :wub:

if you're having second thoughts whether to watch or not, just go ahead and watch it.

you'll absolutely enjoy it.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bryan

Not a fan of Song Il Guk, never seen Jang Jin Young in any drama ......watched epsds 1 and 2.... and was not impressed.......BUT by epsd 10.....I am HOOKED.....on the OST and JANG JIN YOUNG ... Just love her.

And really didn't care about the plot. Just wanted Maria to find out who really killed her sister and Harry to know about how his father really died.... so they can get on with their lives together. And I am going the buy the DVD as well !

• 1 month later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Jang Jin-Young doesn't have a thread on Soompi so I'll post this news here.

~~~

Source: Twitch Sept 24, 2008

Jang Jin-Young Diagnosed with Gastric Cancer

Posted by X at 9:41pm.

Posted in Film News , Asia.

pho_200712031024480201000002010400-001.jpg

Boy, not the kind of news one would like to write about.

Korean entertainment had a pretty rough 2008 so far, with car accidents (some, thankfully, not fatal), suicides and various injuries. It does happen every year, and for such a chaotic industry always moving at the speed of light and overworking its stars every day it’s not even much of a surprise. Still, kind of shocking to hear Jang Jin-Young (34), one of the very best actresses in Korea and star of the marvelous 청연 (Blue Swallow), 소름 (Sorum) and countless more films and dramas has been diagnosed with gastric cancer. Sources close to the young actress revealed she went through a check-up last September 17 because of chronic stomach pain, but the results weren’t the gastric ulcer (at worst) they were expecting. Jang is currently undergoing treatment at an hospital in Seoul, and her agency has revealed that for the time being she might not be able to appear anywhere (can you be more obvious? Eh).

Thankfully, they also revealed that she’ll be able to recover after treatment (she’ll undergo surgery very soon), as they probably found out about the cancer in its beginning stages. Jang’s last appearance on TV was the maligned 2007 SBS drama 로비스트 (Lobbyist), whereas her last film was Kim Hae-Gon’s 연애 그 참을 수 없는 가벼움 (Between Love & Hate). Can only wish a speedy recovery to her. We want to see you soon back on the screen.

[Sports Seoul] [Joongang]

~~~

Source: The Korea Times 09-25-2008 18:55

Actress Jang Jin-young Fights Stomach Cancer

By Bae Ji-sook

Staff Reporter

080925_p22_avtress.jpg

Jang Jin-young

Actress Jang Jin-young is suffering from stomach cancer, Sports Seoul, a local newspaper, reported Thursday.

A representative of the two-time Blue Dragon Award winner said the actress was in the very early stages and checked into hospital for treatment, Wednesday.

The actress, best known for her role in "The Scent of Love'' as a woman dying of stomach cancer, was diagnosed with the disease on Monday during a regular health check. Jang had reportedly been feeling pain when eating but assumed it to be a simple stomach ulcer, her close friends said.

Her agent said Jang will be taking some time off to recover from the disease, which is the nation's most diagnosed cancer. Jang has appeared in several television commercials since her TV drama "Lobbyist'' wrapped up last year.

bjs@koreatimes.co.kr

Lobbyist is one of my fave kdrama. I love harry's character being a weapon lobbyist and how he devoted to build an atomic power submarine.

SIG impressed me with his tango dance, his english accent, his soccer skill shown in this drama. And also, he looks hot wearing those suits...

Guest selvaspeedy

thanks Shin Bi for the links... I've been looking for them :)

Jang Jin-Young Diagnosed with Gastric Cancer

OMG... I just read the news at Han Cinema... :tears:

poor girl... I hope she recovers really soon...

I liked her in the lobbyist :(

This is really shocking news.....she is still so young.

Jang Jin Young is a really talented actress with a great range ....from comedy to melodrama... she is just great.

Stay strong. Stay positive.

Your fans are praying for your speedy and complete recovery.

I was also shocked when I read the news about her. At first I couldn't recognize her face but when I read the article & Lobbyist was mentioned there I remembered her. I wish for her speedy recovery. I trust her that she could surpass this trials that she's going through in her life at the moment. :huh::)

Guest kdramafanusa

Another article on JJY. Hope she'll be well soon.

~~~~~

Source: KBS 2008-09-25

Actress Jang Jin-young Battling Cancer

e080925_01.jpg

Acclaimed actress Jang Jin-young has started receiving cancer treatment after finding out on Wednesday that she has stomach cancer. She is currently in Seoul National University Hospital to receive her first round of chemotherapy.

Jang’s management firm confirmed Thursday afternoon that the talented actress has cancer, but it’s not terminal as some reports have claimed. The agency also said that she is expected to make a full recovery once she goes through all the treatment.

Jang began her career as a model before switching to acting in 1998. Since her debut, she has won critical acclaims and many awards. She won a prestigious Blue Dragon Film Award for Best Actress with her first starring role in a psychological thriller “Sorum (Shivers)” in 2001, and another one for romantic comedy “Singles” in 2003. Jang is only the second actress to have won two Blue Dragon Film Awards for Best Actress. Her latest appearance was on the 2007 SBS drama series “Lobbyist,” a 10-million-dollar production about weapons lobbyists and political conspiracies.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bloation

I hope for Jang Jin-young to get well..

seeing her with harry is superb

this drama give good suspense and thrill me to every episode.

i was eagerly watching every episode! even the ending was good. LOVE it

• 1 month later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Javabeans

Update on Jang Jin-young’s cancer

November 29th, 2008 // by javabeans

jangjinyoung10a069fbfj1.jpg

Jang Jin-young, who was diagnosed with stomach cancer in September, has spent the intervening time receiving treatment. She is now talking to press about her condition in her first interview since the diagnosis.

In a phone interview with the MBC program News Who on November 29, the 34-year-old Jang said that her condition has improved with the aid of traditional Oriental medicine, such as acupuncture and moxibustion (treatment using mugwort herb). She explained that those treatments “really helped a lot. Of course, I’m receiving care at the hospital as well, but because anti-cancer medicine affects all of my body’s cells as it fights the cancer, it’s been difficult. With the moxibustion, my condition has improved and has made me hopeful. The hospital is pleased [with the improvement] as well.”

Currently, she has received three rounds of treatment, and the question of surgery remains in the air. People had speculated that Jang was suffering from late-stage cancer, and she explained that that was probably because she hadn’t released much information about her condition. She did, however, reveal that “it had looked very bad.” She is hopeful for a healthy recovery and an acting comeback.

Via Joy News

Lobbyist

Writer : Choi Wan Kyu (Jumong)

Production Company : Chorokbaem Media (Jumong)

Airing : Wednesday & Thursday : 9:55 pm (OCT 3)

Episodes : 24

Filming : July

Cast:

jjyyx0.jpg

Jang Jin Young as Maria

siktp7.jpg

Song Il Gook as Harry

hjssx9.jpg

Han Jae Suk as Kang Tae Hyuk

ysevazo8.jpg

Story:

"Angel" is a drama that draws the violent fights among each country's lobbyists who say that they will gain hegemony/supremacy in the munitions industry of the world and in the drama, an American immigrant, who is a virtual South Korean woman, acts as an international arms lobbyist to the hero. A production cost of 12 billion won is to be put in as the drama location will advance in 3 overseas countries. It is expected to become the greatest drama work of the successive highest scale in the history of South Korea television.

In this drama, the heroine Mary/Maria who emigrates to the United States and loses her parents during her childhood. She then selects the arms (hazard weapon) lobbyist road for a living and to take revenge. There will be warfare/battlefield and with it is a plan where she will attempt a transformation as the gorgeous queen of the fashionable society who comes and goes to parties.

(munitions = military supplies such as bombs and large guns)

dude it's so sad, i just recently found out that the actress who plays Maria (Jang Jin-young) was diagnosed with stomach cancer. :tears:

she's a good actress too. my heart goes out to her.

Source: Javabeans

Update on Jang Jin-young's cancer

November 29th, 2008 // by javabeans

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/5103/ja...10a069fbfj1.jpg

Jang Jin-young, who was diagnosed with stomach cancer in September, has spent the intervening time receiving treatment. She is now talking to press about her condition in her first interview since the diagnosis.

In a phone interview with the MBC program News Who on November 29, the 34-year-old Jang said that her condition has improved with the aid of traditional Oriental medicine, such as acupuncture and moxibustion (treatment using mugwort herb). She explained that those treatments "really helped a lot. Of course, I'm receiving care at the hospital as well, but because anti-cancer medicine affects all of my body's cells as it fights the cancer, it's been difficult. With the moxibustion, my condition has improved and has made me hopeful. The hospital is pleased [with the improvement] as well."”

Currently, she has received three rounds of treatment, and the question of surgery remains in the air. People had speculated that Jang was suffering from late-stage cancer, and she explained that that was probably because she hadn’t released much information about her condition. She did, however, reveal that "it had looked very bad." She is hopeful for a healthy recovery and an acting comeback.

Via Joy News

MBC Section TV aired a clip of ^her phone interview in their Dec 5 episode:

sectiontvjangjinyoungsrfm7.jpg

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I9ImJX52lc] [MegaUpload] [MediaFire] [SendSpace]

Am really glad to hear she's getting better (love her). Jang JinYoung fighting!!!

• 8 months later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Times 09-01-2009 14:08

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/natio.../113_51041.html

Actress Jang in Critical Condition

090901_am_actress.jpg

Actress Jang Jin-young

Actress Jang Jin-young, in hospital suffering from stomach cancer, is in a critical condition, according to press reports Tuesday.

Jang, 35, has been hospitalized in Seoul since her condition recently worsened. Doctors are reportedly giving her morphine and other drugs to relieve the pain.

Yedang Entertainment, her agency, said it had no comment to make on the press reports.

Jang was diagnosed with stomach cancer last September after having a health checkup to treat a simple stomach ulcer. She immediately stopped working and has since been battling the disease.

Her deteriorating condition came as a surprise, as there had been reports she was getting better.

The actress is best known for her role in "The Scent of Love'' as a woman dying of stomach cancer.

She began her career as a model and participated in the 1993 Miss Korea beauty contest before making the switch to acting. Since making her film debut in 1998, Jang has received critical praise and won a number of awards for her work.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/natio.../113_51041.html

Actress Jang in Critical Condition

[] 090901_am_actress.jpg[/]

Actress Jang Jin-young

Actress Jang Jin-young, in hospital suffering from stomach cancer, is in a critical condition, according to press reports Tuesday.

Jang, 35, has been hospitalized in Seoul since her condition recently worsened. Doctors are reportedly giving her morphine and other drugs to relieve the pain.

Yedang Entertainment, her agency, said it had no comment to make on the press reports.

Jang was diagnosed with stomach cancer last September after having a health checkup to treat a simple stomach ulcer. She immediately stopped working and has since been battling the disease.

Her deteriorating condition came as a surprise, as there had been reports she was getting better.

The actress is best known for her role in "The Scent of Love'' as a woman dying of stomach cancer.

She began her career as a model and participated in the 1993 Miss Korea beauty contest before making the switch to acting. Since making her film debut in 1998, Jang has received critical praise and won a number of awards for her work.

Thanks kdramafanusa for posting this here. Oh, so sorry to hear this. I wish for her recovery & I'm sure GOD is with her. B):huh:

Guest trangcanh2002

故 장진영 위암투병 끝 1일 결국 사망

Jang Jin Young dead in 1.9.2009

37 years old (but in Wiki, she is 35 years old)

20090901_1251791853.jpg

R.I.P

1251792969.135287_PP08121700064.JPG

Song Il Wook has been sock after know his love in Lobbyst dead

Guest kdramafanusa

http://koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/20.../113_51041.html

Actress Jang Dies at 37

090901_am_actress.jpg

Actress Jang Jin-young

Actress Jang Jin-young died Tuesday afternoon after battling stomach cancer for nearly a year.

Jang, 37, has been hospitalized in Seoul since her condition recently worsened. Doctors have been reportedly giving her morphine and other drugs to relieve the pain.

Yedang Entertainment, her agency, said she died at 4:04 p.m.

Jang was diagnosed with stomach cancer last September after having a health checkup to treat a simple stomach ulcer. She immediately stopped working and has since been fighting the disease.

Her deteriorating condition came as a surprise, as there had been reports she was getting better. Most recently, however, her condition went from bad to worse.

:tears::tears::tears:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Message from her management company:

JJY didn't forget about the fans, she thanked her fans who loved her. She also appologized for not being able to run until the end for them.

• 1 year later...
Guest yahuu

All together Now:-

LOBBYIST HQ

Lobbyist mickeybaby Ep 1

Lobbyist mickeybaby Ep 1 1/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RPSPHSJN

Lobbyist mickeybaby Ep 1 2/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MMTGL7J6

Lobbyist mickeybaby Ep 1 3/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GNOIAB7V

HQ Lobbyist mickeybaby Ep 2

Lobbyist mickeybaby Ep 2 1/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S2GMVCP4

Lobbyist mickeybaby Ep 2 2/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2TEP6P0U

Lobbyist mickeybaby Ep 2 3/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7TTTYJ1H

HQ Seattle Lobbyist Ep 3

HQ Seattle Lobbyist Ep 3 1/4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BNFO71AI

HQ Seattle Lobbyist Ep 3 2/4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O98H49PP

HQ Seattle Lobbyist Ep 3 3/4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1SH9VXJQ

HQ Seattle Lobbyist Ep 3 4/4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S3DX1QFJ

Lobbyist Seattle Ep 4 HQ

Lobbyist Seattle Ep 4 1/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DCN1NID0

Lobbyist Seattle Ep 4 2/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GP333BIW

Lobbyist Seattle Ep 4 3/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P6PZT28D

Lobbyist Mickeybaby Ep 5 HQ

Lobbyist Mickeybaby Ep 5 1/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0BFYE8YX

Lobbyist Mickeybaby Ep 5 2/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=70RAXRPN

Lobbyist Mickeybaby Ep 5 3/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MV1TYPOU

Lobbyist Mickeybaby Ep 6 HQ

Lobbyist Mickeybaby Ep 6 1/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JUMKNNCS

Lobbyist Mickeybaby Ep 6 2/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VLTZ7G3L

Lobbyist Mickeybaby Ep 6 3/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CBYDMZRR

Lobbyist HQ Ental Ep 7

Lobbyist Ental Ep 7 1/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PND89JW3

Lobbyist Ental Ep 7 2/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JVJFA3LL

Lobbyist Ental Ep 7 3/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EJGPKYAF

Lobbyist Ental Ep 8

Lobbyist Ental Ep 8 1/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=90JVFNQ9

Lobbyist Ental Ep 8 2/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9JJDQ456

Lobbyist Ental Ep 8 3/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=26MBPN8A (edited 15/11)

I was away for Ep 9 & 10 and this is direct from Peula of Idols Unlimited

Lobbyist Ental Ep 9

Lobbyist Ental Ep 9 1/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S3JIYAG7

Lobbyist Ental Ep 9 2/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5L30CNRX

Lobbyist Ental Ep 9 3/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PRLFDWAV

Lobbyist Mickeybaby Ep 10

Lobbyist Mickeybaby Ep 10 1/3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XMXO6ZR1

Lobbyist Mickeybaby Ep 10 2/3