Hallyu Queen Song Ji-hyo to Star in Korean Adaptation of Popular Japanese Drama "Absolute Boyfriend"

Hallyu Queen Song Ji-hyo is taking on OCN's new drama, "Rom-Com King" as Dada, a special makeup artist who's been hurt by love and doesn't trust anyone anymore.

"Rom-Com King" is based on the original Japanese comic "Absolute Boyfriend".

The original drama is about the love between a woman and an android and it was a big hit in Japan and Korea when it first came out and was popular enough to be remade in Taiwan as well.

A perfect bot named Young-gu comes into her life and so does top star Ma Wang-joon.

source: https://www.hancinema.net/hallyu-queen-song-ji-hyo-to-star-in-korean-adaptation-of-popular-japanese-drama-absolute-boyfriend-116471.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So far only one article has confirmed that she accepted the offer, so i will wait  a bit before going beserk with excitement and anticipation!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, songjihyofan said:

cr. gapiplus Instagram

Hope MY Company will confirm if Ji Hyo really accepted the drama offer.

I have never heard about this actor, he doesn't look like the the lead i had imagined at all considerign the storyline, seeing the dissapointing casting makes me now want SJH to decline the this offer :( in the last two dramas of Song Ji Hyo she was the only really famous actress, I was hoping for someone handsome and popular after a while!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mary-ann said:

I have never heard about this actor, he doesn't look like the the lead i had imagined at all considerign the storyline, seeing the dissapointing casting makes me now want SJH to decline the this offer :( in the last two dramas of Song Ji Hyo she was the only really famous actress, I was hoping for someone handsome and popular after a while!

Chun Jung Myung is part of the love triangle in this drama. He will not portray the role of the robot, instead a top star. Also, I've watched some of his dramas and he's a great actor with good looks. Please don't underestimate him and also the other actors and actresses Ji Hyo worked with. Her last drama MWHAATW, the actors and actresses there are popular in their respective fields especially BoA. 

• Like 2

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/03/song-ji-hyo-and-chun-jung-myung-expected-to-have-love-line-in-romantic-comedy-king

Song Ji Hyo and Chun Jung Myung expected to have love line in 'Romantic Comedy King'

Song-Ji-Hyo-chun-jung-myung.jpg

Song Ji Hyo and Chun Jung Myung are expected to have a love line in the upcoming remake of 'Romantic Comedy King'!

SEE ALSO: Song Ji Hyo shares how 'Running Man' changed her personality

'Romantic Comedy King' is a remake of the Japanese manga 'Absolute Boyfriend', which is a fantasy romance comedy that tells the story of a woman whose heart turned to steel due to heartbreak and a top celebrity. Song Ji Hyo is expected to play the heartbroken woman named Da Da, who's a special effects makeup artist who's caught between top celebrity Ma Wang Jun (Chun Jung Myung) and a perfect robot boyfriend.

The remake is being led by director Jung Jun Hwa who's worked on tvN's 'Flower Boy Next Door', while the screenwriter is Yang Hyuk Moon who wrote JTBC's 'Mirror of the Witch'.

'Romantic Comedy King' is set to air before July. Stay tuned for updates!

I hope they'll accept it. :)

• Like 4

Chun Jung Myung seems to me like Byun Yo Han and Jin Goo. I also like these three similar actors. They are sympathetic and quite masculine. Song Ji Hyo played with Byun Yo Han in the 'Ex Girlfriend Club'. Why not his next partner Chun Jung Myung?  On the contrary, it's more compatible than most young players. :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, feelbora said:

Chun Jung Myung seems to me like Byun Yo Han and Jin Goo. I also like these three similar actors. They are sympathetic and quite masculine. Song Ji Hyo played with Byun Yo Han in the 'Ex Girlfriend Club'. Why not his next partner Chun Jung Myung?  On the contrary, it's more compatible than most young players. :)

Well I just visually don't find him handsome, maskuline yes, but not handsome, and most importantly he is not popular, i never heard about him, I was just really really hoping for an equally famous and popular actor to act beside her this time, but it seems like her luck in finding a perfect match wasn't there since most popular actors have already confirmed their parcipiation in another drama when the news of this drama came out, now i'm hoping he isn't the male lead and only the second lead!

17 hours ago, mary-ann said:

CJM is actually quite famous (so as Lee Sun Kyun in her last drama) . They are in the  "talent stream" actor class as opposed to the mainstream one who usually makes it to the news. Also CJM and LSK are surely big enough names in Korea (LSK is very well respected in drama and movie land).

Some of CJM dramas got really good rating in the past. In my opinion this casting is much better than mainstream name.

I love him in Cinderella sister (that drama got like 20 percent rating) so I can imagine how his fans would have felt when some JH fans on IG already started to attack his look. (The same way I felt when some of the extreme fans of LDW attacked Jihyo in the past since these 2 were often linked together). 

*PS: 

Also he is only one of the two male lead - the one who JH character is more romantically involved has not been cast yet (I watched both the Jap and Taiwanese version of this drama). 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, coffeecoffee said:

CJM is actually quite famous (so as Lee Sun Kyun in her last drama) . They are in the  "talent stream" actor class as opposed to the mainstream one who usually makes it to the news. Also CJM and LSK are surely big enough names in Korea (LSK is very well respected in drama and movie land).

Some of CJM dramas got really good rating in the past. In my opinion this casting is much better than mainstream name.

I love him in Cinderella sister (that drama got like 20 percent rating) so I can imagine how his fans would have felt when some JH fans on IG already started to attack his look. (The same way I felt when some of the extreme fans of LDW attacked Jihyo in the past since these 2 were often linked together). 

*PS: 

Also he is only one of the two male lead - the one who JH character is more romantically involved has not been cast yet (I watched both the Jap and Taiwanese version of this drama). 

True, that's what i keep reminding myself he is only one out of two male lead, can't wait to see who the second (real) male lead will be :)

sidenote:by the way  i removed the drama from the title because it's not been confirmed yet!

• mary-ann changed the title to Song Ji Hyo 송지효 Upcoming Movie "What a Man Wants"
11 hours ago, mary-ann said:

Well I just visually don't find him handsome, maskuline yes, but not handsome, and most importantly he is not popular, i never heard about him, I was just really really hoping for an equally famous and popular actor to act beside her this time, but it seems like her luck in finding a perfect match wasn't there since most popular actors have already confirmed their parcipiation in another drama when the news of this drama came out, now i'm hoping he isn't the male lead and only the second lead!

Chun Jung Myung was partner of Ha Ji Won in movie Life Risking Romance. So he works with popular people because he is an old player. But sometimes the important thing is not just popularity. I hope they a harmonious couple. I'm ready for this couple. And yes Song Ji Hyo can work with a much more popular actor when it comes time.

• Like 4