Proactiv Stings So Much!

Guest grllprops

Guest grllprops

is it supposed to?
it's to the point where i want to like, scrub the proactiv off of my face, it stings soooooooo much!

><

how about for you guys?

Guest Eunice!

if it stings and hurts that much

thats a bad sign O____o

like it should sting when you put the lotion stuff and its drying

but if it hurts to just scrub it off

bad sign

go to a skin doctor and ask for medication

i found that much more useful than proactiv :]

Guest jolie pomme

I think its too harsh for you. Its really best for people with really bad acne. I heard that it doesn't work too well with mild acne. Personally I've never tried it, but I read a lot about it and everyone said they broke out more, or it worked for a month and then got worst. I think its all the ads and celebrity endorsements that make it popular.

Guest dancingjen

if its stinging to the point that you want to

scrib it off your face then thats a bad sign.

keep it in moderation. of use less.

if it continues to sting, its best to stop using it.

you probably have really sensitive skin..

same thing happened to my friend.

also, wet your face before putting that scrubby stuff.

if you do it bare-face, it would hurt more.

Guest Korean_chick

No it's not supposed to... :unsure:

Perhaps it's too strong for your skin type.

I've been using it for a little while now...

It tingles a bit but nothing more.

(I CAN'T STAND THE SMELL THOUGH!!!!)

It's not supposed to. I used it and it only stings on some areas where you have acne, but only for a few seconds. It's probably too strong for your skin.

Guest grllprops

I think its too harsh for you. Its really best for people with really bad acne. I heard that it doesn't work too well with mild acne. Personally I've never tried it, but I read a lot about it and everyone said they broke out more, or it worked for a month and then got worst. I think its all the ads and celebrity endorsements that make it popular.

well i have alot of acne on my cheeks lately. ><

like a strawberry. hehe, so should i discontinue it? or use it like once a day?

and i heard it stings cause of the glycose acid or wahtever.

it never stung for me atleast.. but made me breakout moreee....

try using cetaphil. its for VERY SENSITIVE SKIN. made most of my acne gone...

i jsut need to get rid of my scars now TT..TT

Guest grllprops

^ 진짜? >,<

i thought cetaphil would make my skin pretty dry.

my mom told me the reason nothing works for me is cause i switch to much on what i use (cause nothings works! aish)

i thought proactive would work really well me for me, cause my friend used it and it went away, but i realized that its cause was done with puberty a coupl' years ago.

hahh.

no , cetaphil makes your skin more moisturized..

like it doesnt bubble up and its so good :)

hold on let me get a pic...

cetaphilcleanserie0.jpg

from http://www.treatment-skincare.com/Cetaphil...e-Skin-125.html

Originally developed by dermatologists for patients whose skin was so sensitive they could not even use water without an adverse reaction, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is a non soap cleanser that softens the skin as it gently cleanses.

While cleansing your skin, Cetaphil leaves your skin's natural protective oils intact.

pH balanced;

No irritating foaming or lathering.

Cetaphil ® Gentle Skin Cleanser works well as part of a skin care regimen to control dryness associated with topical acne medications and skin rejuvenating wrinkle products.

Formulated for dermatological use, Cetaphil Gentle Liquid Cleanser is designed specifically for dry, sensitive skin.

Unlike alkaline soaps and cleansers, it won't irritate and will not strip the skin of natural protective oils.

pH balanced, it is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic, making it an excellent choice for daily facial cleansing.

May be used with or without water;

Works well for makeup removal (won't sting eyes);

Guest grllprops

no cetaphil makes your skin more moisturized..

like it doesnt bubble up and its so good :)

hold on let me get a pic...

cetaphilcleanserie0.jpg

from http://www.treatment-skincare.com/Cetaphil...e-Skin-125.html

Originally developed by dermatologists for patients whose skin was so sensitive they could not even use water without an adverse reaction, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is a non soap cleanser that softens the skin as it gently cleanses.

While cleansing your skin, Cetaphil leaves your skin's natural protective oils intact.

pH balanced;

No irritating foaming or lathering.

Cetaphil ® Gentle Skin Cleanser works well as part of a skin care regimen to control dryness associated with topical acne medications and skin rejuvenating wrinkle products.

Formulated for dermatological use, Cetaphil Gentle Liquid Cleanser is designed specifically for dry, sensitive skin.

Unlike alkaline soaps and cleansers, it won't irritate and will not strip the skin of natural protective oils.

pH balanced, it is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic, making it an excellent choice for daily facial cleansing.

May be used with or without water;

Works well for makeup removal (won't sting eyes);

ahhh thank you so much !(: but wouldn't it not help me for my acne cause it keeps the oils on my face?

they keep on the essential oils on your face-- the oils you need. the protective oils-oils that protect skin.

plus if your skin has no oils, the body will produce more oils which causes more pimples.

i dont know if it'll work for you, but it worked wonders on me :)

Guest UNee4Life

EW PROACTIVE IS THE DEVIL!

hah if your skin is burnning from it, it's probably because you need to get used to it. The part that should burn the MOST is the *Toner*.

I used ProActive for at least a year and it did NOTHING but help my skin break-out more. I have KINDA severe acne and I think it only works for MILD.

I started using it again about a cfew days ago because my other stuff ran out, and STUPID PROACTIVE started breaking out my face AGAIN! so I stopped, I don't think I'm EVER going to go back, it's EVIL!!!

All those celebs are LIARS!!!!!!

Guest itsf0'y0'mynd

wut do yoo meen? if its yoor first tyme then yes it supposed to since yoor skin hasnt adjusted to the medication yet. if yoo've been using it for awhile and after yoo use the repair lotion and it stings yoor skin then i guess its supposed to cuz thats wut happens to my skin.....but after lyk 2~3 minutes it gets better

Guest apples.

i think its stinging cause you scrubbed it to hard >_<

use it gently.

its either that or your skin is too sensative.\

just a simple tip:

[dont scrub hard...when you grow up your pores are gonna be large]

Archived