Yeon Jung-Hoon 연정훈

ay_link

@denzai:

As far as my friends know, one Korean media speculated whether the trip to Hong Kong is to quell rumors (didn't say which one), then the others picked up and tried to connect the dots, even pulled out that old "hotel" rumor again.

With regards to HGI's interview, she did answer questions about her husband, like what she usually cooks for him, she regards him as her best friend to talk to, the programs they watch together. In fact, they read the rumor news while sitting together at home in their couch. Razor TV interview 2012 in Singapore has many about her husband, because in 2013 YJH also visited Singapore and asked similar questions about her. Here is the video of the combined interview:

class="title"

class="title"http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTMxNjY4MzY4.htmlI did asked my friends about G-dragon. HGI went to G-dragon (or Big Bang) concerts usually with other people, but of course she was the focus, so seemed alone. She said that YJH is a bigger fan than her, because he is also interested in their music composition, video presentation and clothing style. She just likes their music and wants to be a normal fan. The fact that she didn't hide the pics actually show that she is comfortable with them (and her husband also said the same).

In reality, they actually traveled a lot together in disguise, especially shopping in the mall (at the time not many people around). Shopkeepers said they always shop together, not too close as in pair, but never too far away.

I cannot speak for the real relationship between them, I am curious as well, but those Korean point out that:
- HGI was never seen going out with any other male co-stars. (It would be a big news anyway) She was careful to hide from the spotlight.
- She maintained a curfew for herself and for her husband. (Why bother if she doesn't really love  him? "Yoona" in "I Summon You Gold" would be a good comparison)
- She is very selective to feed her husband. For the Vampire Prosecutor, she managed to get YJH lose weight healthily and fast by making many vegetarian meals and bringing him to her gymnastic classes. (Vampire should not be chubby :)) )
- She said she is not a romantic person, but pragmatic, meaning she doesn't like to show off in public about her romance, but whenever they were together in spotlight, she insisted on holding her husband. This is one way to fend off rumors, but another way to indicate she does enjoy his company and protection (mostly in front of many people). The lady is the one to start holding (just like in the TV drama she played).
- She dared to mention about her first love, but also said she didn't want to meet him. Many believe she said it to sell her movie (Architecture 101), because it is about the failed first love. If her relationship with her husband is not strong, she won't be so confident to say it. They even joked about it in the radio call.

There is one point about "not mentioning husband" in the interview. It has to do with not scaring her future co-stars. Acting with a married woman is not easy and quite awkward. Kim Soo-hyun was very nervous to act with her in the Moon That Embraces the Sun, because HGI is older and married, but because she is experienced with acting as a single young woman (and not mentioned much about husband), he became more relaxed and scored many awards. Of course it helps that HGI is so pretty that KSH can act "realistically" as someone smitten with her, but then he also had "huge" withdrawal problem after the shooting ended. What the crew said was whenever there was a break, HGI was texting a lot with YJH. I don't know it's true or not, but it's sweet to see they communicated like that (mostly because HGI could not go home to do some chores, and YJH was doing them for her). It's also better to sell for actresses if she doesn't keep saying she is married. Some acts may not be comfortable for married women to do. Good thing that Uhm Tae-wong is a veteran actor, so he doesn't have problem to act with HGI in "Architecture 101"

As long as there is no clear evidence, we just have to let the two live their life, as they want to. And I hope both of them keep producing great movies/series.

Guest denzai

@mview
actually many of her interview that mention yjh was for promotion event, like hauzen coz she's modeled as a housewife & yes she talk about yjh a lot in singapore interview because at that time she's free agent also it's her first time visit singapore so she doesn't know how media in sg, it's just weird to me many of her pic capture by netizen she's always alone or with her assistant, like when she's shopping i don't believe if she can ask netizen to not spread her pic with yjh, coz usually they post it right away, i think last time netizen spotted them together was at 2008 in east of eden days, if u see fan picture of them at HK event most of their pic was hgi always seeing busy texting with her phone while yjh beside her & at the video when they boarded the car after the event yjh not seat beside her, sometime they confuse me #-o
my baidu friend also said that her picture that known by netizen as taken by yjh at HK actually taken by her assistant, coz it's not just 2 of them but they accompanied by her assistant also

@denzai
All the appearances are arranged by their respective agencies, but they are free to answer all questions. It seems that they consciously stir the public to certain topics (G-dragon, photos). Also common that photos in the media are selected and approved by the agencies (with their sponsors, to promote products). In entertainment industry, it's better if an actor or actress not to be shown with spouses to often, as it will reduce fan base. Single actresses or actors usually have more buzz due to continuous speculations "who with whom".

All the officially published pics are taken by a photographer, but there are some in dcinside that are said taken by YJH during the same dinner trip. Apparently, the agency is looking for more (international) projects for HGI, so they decide to get those pics out. YJH's agency used the opportunity to promote his picture exhibition (without HGI's pics).

Korean fans share some recent news about the two seen in the mall, but it seems Korean people are respectful to their privacy, so they said the pics are not available. I am not sure whether this is sent out by the agencies to stop the rumors or the honest sharings from the fans. The two generally visit the mall in odd hours, when there is not many people. Surely the storekeepers are under strict rule not to spread pics, because that will mean the two will never visit there again. They get better in disguise, anyway. :-)
The big pic is: if there is trouble brewing out, the media will definitely pick it up, but if it's boring stuff, they will usually let it down.

Yes, some fans did question the timing of HGI's arrival at the photo exhibition. She apparently came not the same time as the "Summon Gold" costars. Regardless the excuses, it can be arranged (to give more focus on the MBC drama) or deliberate (to keep the focus on the pictures, not on her), but interestingly, the earliest pic out was from the tweet with two of them and Tony Hong, which probably took the rare opportunity to get them together with him to send his congratulation. So again, nothing there to indicate anything strange.

Both of them have just celebrated 8th anniversary, so not a newly-wed anymore, although without children can bring out childish lovey-dovey they showed in some events, but basically they don't have to show it in public. With rare picture together, of course the value of their pics will be much higher (and that's where they earn their money from). :-j

Anyway, YJH looks great in the last episodes of "Summon Gold". Makes us symphatize with him, and hope that he (or his character) will have the best life at the end.

Guest denzai

@mview
so it's mean they do it on purpose, leaked their pic with YJH holding expensive camera ( same price with car) & become hot topic on netizen & the camera known as hasselblad which is one of yjh photo sponsor seems like many netizen hate him more as he known as national thief for marrying hgi they also jealouse because yjh has expensive hobby like racing & photography, he's known to have foreign sport car collection,
btw do u know yjh family background ? i know his father was an actor but some netizen said his father has property & land business so they're very wealthy, i'm not surprise if hgi still loyal to yjh despite she's bread winner & more popular than yjh (some netizen call him class b actor ) if his family very rich :D

@denzai
YJH's family seems to have diverse businesses, but not sure if they are over the top. After marriage, YJH & HGI stayed with YJH's parents for a few year before they move out to their own place (2010? There is a Youtube video about this) The netizens said YJH and HGI maintain separate accounts. so not sure who is the bread winner in the family. YJH spent his money on cars. HGI spent hers on fashions. She could have left anytime, but no indications that will happen. Instead, they seem to enjoy their current life arrangements. Other than the already known rumors, nobody is linked to either of them (in term of scandals), so many are still wishfully thinking (?!). =)) Korean community still holds high the family values, so they are quick to rebuke bad behavior (see how the assistant to current South Korean President that was fired because of groping scandal in the USA just a few days ago)

Fan base is generally divided into two types:
One that tries to disregard the fact that either is married. These fans worship that particular person as single.
The other fan base can accept that those two are married to each other and try to support them as possible.
So if you ask the first group, they will show many signs that the divorce is imminent. 8-|
The second group is more reasonable to say that maybe the two don't have a perfect marriage (nobody does, anyway), but they seem to hold on nicely to each other. The only missing item is children. We just have to see if YJH can have a great career, will HGI then stay more at home to have babies. Otherwise, until HGI feels she has achieved enough careerwise at this moment, then she will decide to have babies and take a hiatus again (like in 2007-2010).

Until then, we can enjoy YJH's great acting (and HGI's, if she has a new movie or drama), without worry about their offsprings. :@)

Guest denzai

@mview
it's true that they has separate account & hgi is bread winner, yjh admit it in channel A showking interview

Han Ga In is the Breadwinner in the Family

2012-06-12 17:59  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong http://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/c.. icon_copy_1.gif  
Although both are very talented actors with successful careers, Yeon Jeong Hun revealed that his wife makes more money in the family.

Yeon Jeong Hun appeared on Channel A’s Show King, where he revealed what happens to the income that he and his wife, Han Ga In, bring in.

26829685.jpg

When MC Kim Su Mi asked, “Does Han Ga In take care of the finances?”Yeon Jeong Hun answered, “As of now, we still take care of our own money.”

He added, “She never asks me for money. In fact, she makes more money than me, and when we buy presents, we figure it out individually with our own money.”

Even for the commercials that the couple films together, Yeon Jeong Hun said, “We get our pay transferred to our independent bank accounts.”

The MCs followed the money talk by asking what the most expensive present the actor has ever bought for his wife. Yeon Jeong Hun replied, “There was a necklace that my wife kept eyeing, so I gave it to her as a present for her birthday.”

Yeon Jeong Hun also shared that he and his wife are under different companies.

The financially independent and happily-in-love couple revealed plans to have a baby by 2013.

The full episode will air on June 13.

Photo Credit: Channel A

@ denzai

YJH didn't actually say HGI is the bread winner, only that she made more money than him. At that point, HGI got more endorsements from CF, movie and TV drama, than YJH (Top Gear and Vampire Prosecutor). One thing that some fans at Daum pointed out was YJH at that time just got a lot of bills to pay because one of expensive cars he drove ran into a bad accident. He was fine, but the car cost him a lot of money. No wonder they decide not to mix their income into one. I admire his honesty in talking about the finance situation in his household, though. There is a Korean article saying that YJH was unfortunate to take less significant movies than his wife. He used to be very much in demand (TV dramas and movies), but then after serving in the military, he didn't do as much nor as often. Instead, he took time to go with HGI to Europe. After the long term drama "East of Eden" (which many saw him actually more memorable than the main character), he took lesser roles, which was uncharacteristic. Maybe he didn't want to push too much, so his wife (who was in hiatus, not playing any TV drama in 3 years) would catch up. After 2012 success of his wife, YJH finally take a significant long-episodes TV drama "I Summon You, Gold" (50 episodes planned), which can bring him back to the fame. The drama got a very good rating (more than 15%) for the Friday-Saturday slot, against stiff competitions, and he is the main character, also his acting definitely what makes the drama worth watching (together with his co-star from "East of Eden", Han Ji-hye). Hope people can see YJH as the good actor he is meant to be.

@willenette

He loves to star in VP and VP2 because he can drive fast cars in it :)) He does have a charming smile and nice size of body.

I wonder how YJH's latest movie is received. He played as K, a Korean young man, who flies to Japan from the States after a fallout with his father, and there he makes good friends with Tatsuya and Jun-oh. But he and his friends are put at risk when they get involved in conflict with the Japanese Yakuza.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2013/03/29/2013032900906.html

Guest denzai

@mview actually hgi hiatus for 3 years because she has problem with her old agency, not because she want to, she said she's suffering waiting for 3 years
Yjh movie "good fiends" really not doing well in cinema, because who want to watch movie that produce on 2005 & release at 2013, lee ji hoon even said it was record in chungmuro, it's looks like old movie, it just lasted only a week at cinema with less than 1000 moviegore #-o

& i still regret he's leaving top gear korea, i love watching him on that show :((

@denzai

Some media wrote that HGI may get trauma after bad scriptwriting of "Witch Yoohee" (notably the bad ending after a strong start). Even her co-star also spoke out to criticize the scriptwriter. Then, she said that all projects she got seemed to stereotype her more as a pretty face, without strong acting requirements. Perhaps her agency failed to get more challenging scripts. Therefore, she traveled with YJH for a while and only made CF until she took a role in "Bad Guy".

Yes, in Korea "Good Friends" didn't run well at all. I just wonder how it is received outside Korea. It relates to Japan, and I don't know for sure whether the dislike of some Korean to Japan has something to do with that. It was one reason the movie was delayed in its launch.

The Top Gear has retained the first MC and replaced the two (including YJH) after 2nd season. Could be some frictions among the MCs? During the negotiation period, YJH was appointed ambassador for one Ferrari car type. It might be a blessing in disguise that YJH was not involved, because the new season of Top Gear suffered from a tragic accident involving a helicopter crash killing some people during shooting.

One fan pointed out that during the interviews, YJH seems to taunt his haters (not sure it's deliberate or not). Basically he wants to say to those hating him that he is happily married to HGI, because she cares for him, and doesn't need money from him (maintenance-free loving wife? :)) That's a good life!). However, he is known to spoil his wife with many gifts and affection as well.

Also, any news about the reception of YJH's exhibition? It ends today, right?

mview said: @willenette

He loves to star in VP and VP2 because he can drive fast cars in it :)) He does have a charming smile and nice size of body.

I wonder how YJH's latest movie is received. He played as K, a Korean young man, who flies to Japan from the States after a fallout with his father, and there he makes good friends with Tatsuya and Jun-oh. But he and his friends are put at risk when they get involved in conflict with the Japanese Yakuza.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2013/03/29/2013032900906.html

@willenette

As @denzai said, the movie was made a while ago, but was just released this year (originally planned for last year). He always has a solid acting.
Some of the old ones are still worthy to watch. The funny one like "Love in Magic" can never be boring.
Hope he will play in a big sageuk as a variation, he should be a good king or general.

• Love 1

mview said: @willenette

As @denzai said, the movie was made a while ago, but was just released this year (originally planned for last year). He always has a solid acting.
Some of the old ones are still worthy to watch. The funny one like "Love in Magic" can never be boring.
Hope he will play in a big sangeuk as a variation, he should be a good king or general.

Guest denzai

@mview
when the helicopter crush is on season 3 & he still one of the MC, too bad he never shoot overseas for top gear every season it's always kim jin pyo who does that, i wonder why he never involved :-?
love in magic is one of my favorit from all his work, he has great chemistry with park jin hee i hope they do drama together too
YJH has done saeguk once with jejungwoon but it's not pure saeguk but he recommend to watch it when he promote VP in Singapore

have u seen this vid when HGI promote her cosmetic event there's fans who scream YJH fighting & she scream YJH fighting too right away & ask fans to support i summon you gold :))

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTU1OTQwNzg0.html

@willenette

Some of old movies are now available online. Hope we can start to add some of his previous works in this forum.

One of old pics (credit: gall.dcinside)
viewimage.php?id=yjh&no=29bcc427b68777a1

@denzai

You are right about Top Gear Korea helicopter accident. I thought it was in 2013 (when YJH no longer a part), but the accident was in 2012.
This is a pic from the season that started after the accident.
36552640.jpg

Full news and credit: http://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/contents.asp?idx=5184

Oh, I posted the video of HGI supporting her husband in HGI forum. Yes, she said something like: "While I am still working on my next project, please support "I Summon You Gold"!", right? The pair is very supportive to each other.  :x