SechsKies (젝스키스) For the Jekkies!

Guest jahye

Guest ☆ euny

To this day I don't know the reasons behind the breakup. Does anyone else know what exactly happened? All I remember is their last performance where they were wearing black. They were in a huge stadium and everyone was crying.

I know everyone's favorite is probably Kang Sung Hoon, but mine was Go Ji Yong. ^_^

(it's funny because the leader and the lead singer of each group tends to be the members I least like! like heejun & kangta, hyori & ju hyun, park joon hyung & kim tae woo, and bada :lol: )

Everyone's favorite song of theirs is probably Couple or maybe BaeShinGam, but mine is Yaegam (Premonition) When I first saw Jae Jin do his dance in that, I thought he fell by accident! haha. and Ji Yong would come out with his cane! And I loved Jae Duk's rap in the song. Sung Hoon's voice was made for that song! I can't imagine anyone else singing that song, like if Kangta were to sing it.

Just like when Sechskies performed Candy, it sounded really weird hearing Sung Hoon singing Kangta's parts, it just didn't match. But I still loved the performance because it brought the 2 groups to eachother. H.O.T and SechsKies really are worthy rivals of eachother and I haven't seen any other male group rivalry like this one. Oh, in the Candy performance, I remember I was so happy to see my favorite in SechsKies, Ji Yong, sing the parts of my favorite in H.O.T., Tony. ^_^

The reason I can't call myself a true 양다리 is because I never followed the SechsKies members after they broke up, but I did with H.O.T.

I know Jae Duk and Su Won had J Walk and JNC, but that was a while ago. And everyone else except Ji Yong went solo. I heard Sung Hoon recently went to do his military duty.

Does anyone have any updates on the members?

(☆ euny, thanks for the clubbox!! I can't wait to download some performances!)

^ First off, you're welcome! I haven't been able to download much myself but from just browsing through the folders, there is an awful lot!

The reason for their breakup has always been controversial. It wasn't like H.O.T's breakup where after a while, little tidbits of the truth came out [regarding certain members given new contracts, etc.] I'm not 100% sure why Sechskies broke up but I would not be surprised if the reason was similar to that of H.O.T's - contracts. I still remember their last performance too. It was during the annual Dream Concert and they sang 'Goodbye' [how fitting] and yes, they were all crying... T.T;;

My favorite songs are the three ballads from their 2nd album. The entire album was split so it was like a theme park - each part of the album contained a few tracks that were of a similar genre. And the three ballads were just beautiful.

Haha my favorite members were/are Kim Jae Duk and Eun Ji Won [mainly after Sechskies - I like him more solo as a hiphop artist than when he was in the group]. I think what drew me to Jae Duk was first his dancing [swoons] and how cute he was whenever he spoke in 사투리 [the accent]. Hehe and during the joint 'Candy' performance with H.O.T, he looked SO happy singing with them, whereas the others seemed like they were focused more on performing [*don't shoot me, just my opinion!*]

All the members remained in the entertainment/music business, except for Ji Yong. He tried out acting and it didn't go so well [i vaguely remember my uncle telling me this] and now he's living life like any one of us. Probably going to school, working... it's not certain.

Out of all of them, it seems like Eun Ji Won has had the most success as a solo artist. Kang Sung Hoon and JnC didn't do that bad either but it seems like Ji Won has gained even more popularity even after the group broke up...

Oh yea and with my personal encounters with Sechskies, they are all pretty nice guys. I met them years back at the opening of 'Seventeen' in Inchon, Korea. Then another time that same summer at MBC Music Camp. Last spring, I met Eun Ji Won again at the New York Rainstone concert. They're all pretty friendly people who don't have that "superstar attitude" that I come across often with many singers. =_=;;

Whew that was a lot of typing. o_O

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SkyRunner

I like Sechskies! truth be told, I don't know that all of their songs but I still like them.

Just an aside: JNC or whatever was not good. I want J-Walk back. I kinda lost track of EJW after the release of his 4th album. Isn't JiYoung supposed to be in business school now?

Guest lost_kim

hi... first time in this thread... big sechskies fan.... I think i was like in sixth grade when they debuted.... love Kim Jae Duk, and i even loved him in jnc until the group dissolved...

the last I heard about Ji Young, he was training to be a youth counselor--but I don't know what else he's doing. Sung Hoon is doing his military service, and they were talking about Jae Jin going this year, too...but I haven't heard anything about Jae Duk or Su Won...army or music-wise. Hopefully, a 3rd soon, before they leave, too. Probably also working with their dance company. sixcrystals was the best Jekki forum, and I got most of my news from there--but it hasn't been working a long time. :( I still feel the same way about Sung Hoon, Jae Jin and Jae Duk as I did when I first heard/saw them. :P They had a lot of good songs, and were great dancers. I like them all solo, too.

(As for *Seventeen*--I actually didn't get to see that until a couple of years ago--and it wasn't bad. They were all pretty good. JJ's part was too small. lol And I had to watch Jae Duk kissing the-girl-who-became-U;nee. xD Some sad parts though. )

A lot of people griped about Jae Jin's 3rd, but I like it...I never care much what anyone else says. Did he make any MVs other than the one for Chong Jun?

Guest the eel

ommmggg thanks for posting!! brings back such good memories!! jekki had such good songs! i was anti sechskies bc i thought they were going to take over choti's spotlight... but then i realized.... hey there's always room for more hot guys who can sing/dance....but seriously i can't believe like almost NO ONE talks about them these days?? dude where are the fans?! =(

dude i even bought jiwon's first and second album for support even though i don't listen to it AT ALL! (hehe)

yaaayyyyy!!!!!!! choti+jekki days rock!

so it's still unclear why they broke up? O_o

can any of you guys post what you guys know of as far to their disbandment?

hmmm i'll post what i know but for sure i don't have any type of HARD evidence to back it up and plus it was like several years ago so my memory isn't as clear. i was seriously anti-finkl and anti-dsp for awhile because i blamed both for jekki having to breakup. their goodbye performance was one of the saddest things EVER~

i was a pretty hardcore jekki fan for awhile so what i'm going to write is what i believe was the main belief(s) of fans at the time for their breakup.

1. DSP was just was corrupt as SM and treated their singers in a similar manner. the only difference is that SM was much more powerful. there were sooo many rumors of jekki members getting beat up for this and that and seeing them with black eyes or bruises. :( and just like HOT, who would want to stay under such cruel management?

2. jekki of course debuted first and then finkl came along. as finkl's popularity started to increase, all the attention and money started to go to finkl... even to the point where jekki's earnings went toward finkl promotions. if you look the last few jekki music videos (w/ the exception of yaegham i guess) they are such POOR quality. it looks like home video taping and rumor has it that DSP didn't want to fund their mv's so they had to pay for it themselves. so yeah... that's another reason.

anyway like i said those aren't "FACTS" but those are the reasons i stick to in regards to the break up. stupid corrupt krn companies... stuff like this never happens in america. :angry:

Guest luckyyou

AHAHA. Sechskies brings back old memories. I use to have a major crush on that one guy who was the "cute one". I don't remember his name anymore but looking back at the pictures, he was NOT cute. Anyways what happened to all the members? I know that Eun..(something..?) is solo rapping + I saw him on a lot of variety shows. I'm curious about the rest.

And do you guys remember that one album that came in the pink case. "Welcome to Sechkies Land" and that lady who does the amusement park commentaries. So lame, but I use to be a fan.. And that song, "YoungWonEEEEE". I was listening to my Sechkies CD a week ago and they weren't even good singers. But I use to be such a big fan, so sad so sad. I even went to the 1997 SBS Super Concert. It's so fun talking about the old times.

Guest babymicky

i know! the memories!

they were the first kpop band that i got into <3

kang sunghoon hwaiting!

YEAHH! Kang Sunghoon all the wayy~

Sechskies really got me into Kpop (along with KSH's solo)

I wish I LIVED to breathe in the same air as sechkies did.

I mean i DID, but didn't know it! TT____________TT

Guest blissfuldreamin

i miss jekki.. i remember when they came out on 100% show and they did all these lil skits

back when ahn jae wook was the mc..

but i saw a picture jiyoung with that soo jin girl from haneuleesheyo that was partners with jun jin

in love letter.. i guess they used to go out

and i remember eun ji won talking on nuhlohwah about how originally him and kang sung hoon wanted

to be a duet with sh singin and jw rapping but the sajangnim was like we need more members

and he wanted 6 pple since hot had 5

kinda funny but it seems like him and moon hee jun are friends too

Guest lost_kim

ommmggg thanks for posting!! brings back such good memories!! jekki had such good songs! i was anti sechskies bc i thought they were going to take over choti's spotlight... but then i realized.... hey there's always room for more hot guys who can sing/dance....but seriously i can't believe like almost NO ONE talks about them these days?? dude where are the fans?! =(

dude i even bought jiwon's first and second album for support even though i don't listen to it AT ALL! (hehe)

yaaayyyyy!!!!!!! choti+jekki days rock!

hmmm i'll post what i know but for sure i don't have any type of HARD evidence to back it up and plus it was like several years ago so my memory isn't as clear. i was seriously anti-finkl and anti-dsp for awhile because i blamed both for jekki having to breakup. their goodbye performance was one of the saddest things EVER~

i was a pretty hardcore jekki fan for awhile so what i'm going to write is what i believe was the main belief(s) of fans at the time for their breakup.

1. DSP was just was corrupt as SM and treated their singers in a similar manner. the only difference is that SM was much more powerful. there were sooo many rumors of jekki members getting beat up for this and that and seeing them with black eyes or bruises. :( and just like HOT, who would want to stay under such cruel management?

2. jekki of course debuted first and then finkl came along. as finkl's popularity started to increase, all the attention and money started to go to finkl... even to the point where jekki's earnings went toward finkl promotions. if you look the last few jekki music videos (w/ the exception of yaegham i guess) they are such POOR quality. it looks like home video taping and rumor has it that DSP didn't want to fund their mv's so they had to pay for it themselves. so yeah... that's another reason.

anyway like i said those aren't "FACTS" but those are the reasons i stick to in regards to the break up. stupid corrupt krn companies... stuff like this never happens in america. :angry:

I agree with you... from what I've heard is that Sechkies weren't given the popularity and the attention they deserved... I've been waiting forever for a reunion meeting with their fans or something... but it seems like everyone has gone their separate ways... :tears: Plus some people catalogued them as a HOT wannabe group, cuz of the cool dances and all, their outfits, etc... but I think it's ridiculous, cuz Sechkies were unique... I loved one of their perfomances when one of them, not sure who danced using a black cane... it looked so classy :)

Guest fobbygon

OH MY GOODNESS.

You guys wouldn't believe how much I love Jekki >D

I was wondering if there was a thread of them . .

They were my first Korean band, too!

Hehe, I rememger reading "What I Did For Love.."

And I even bought all their albums and the movie Seventeen >DD

Guest the eel

I agree with you... from what I've heard is that Sechkies weren't given the popularity and the attention they deserved... I've been waiting forever for a reunion meeting with their fans or something... but it seems like everyone has gone their separate ways... :tears: Plus some people catalogued them as a HOT wannabe group, cuz of the cool dances and all, their outfits, etc... but I think it's ridiculous, cuz Sechkies were unique... I loved one of their perfomances when one of them, not sure who danced using a black cane... it looked so classy :)

hehehe if i remeber correctly it was gojyoung with the cane and the MV was yaegahm!!! woohoo~ (i think i'm right!) wooowww it has just been way too long. their performances were awesome even for their cuter songs :)

yeah and it's sad... i feel like HOT has put more of an effort to stay in touch for their fans (well i guess it's harder for them to unite with kangta and mhj still under SM) but i feel like jekki can totally get back together but they don't want to :P

another note! i freaking supported swi.T bc jaejin's sister was in it!!!!! :vicx:

Guest chaserj7

aha... but besides Eun Ji Won are any of the other band members still in the music industry? :P

I know that Eun..(something..?) is solo rapping + I saw him on a lot of variety shows. I'm curious about the rest.

haha Eun Ji Won..

i was seriously anti-finkl and anti-dsp for awhile because i blamed both for jekki having to breakup.

heyy.. if anything, blame DSP for Sechskies's breakup, but please not FinKL.. i'm sure the FinKL girls themselves had no say in whatever DSP did to Sechskies. as you said, DSP was supposed to be 'cruel management' so even if the FinKL girls didn't want to rip off Sechskies's money, they surely didn't have a say.

and we all know they were friends, especially Hyori and Ji Won... plus, there's no solid evidence..

Archived