It's nice to see other people appreciate what he did for Shinhwa even though I'm sure he doesn't care to get recognition for what he did till today. Maybe we would know something big again that he did at this moment after years later :) 

Below is a pic of carnation that sent to grandmother (not really sure what's this for) by Shincom and Mun Jung Hyuk as the representative of Shinhwa artist. Love to see Eric's name as Shincom rep. Maybe he's enjoying his time working in the office too.

There is a clip of Shinhwa interview in Tudou.com (I can't attach it, sorry…don't know why. I'll try again later on). But when the interviewer asked him about his plan for this year, he just answered Shinhwa schedule still remain quite many and need prepare for the next year too. That's all…LOL…Means, we can't get to hype about he'll back on the screen this year… MWOYA…!!!!! :angry: . I just hope that answer because he doesn't wanna reveal something not sure yet and not because he's not interested to back on screen :mellow:

CFdecp6UkAEgLlU.jpg

Edited by PutriSalju
  • Like 1

@PutriSalju They usually avoid remaking their own past hits because from previous history, all remakes never do well. Even sequels are hard to do and a more successful one recently are the Reply 199_  series. They take adaptations from other cultures because they don't risk remaking something viewers most likely have seen/it's a higher chance that they haven't seen it because it's in a different language.

As far as why they base it off animations, media-produced ones rather than books... prob because it's easier for the producers to watch something in a few hours rather than reading x]

Eric in an all black outfit is always an A+

Thanks for your explanations. I'm a fan of BBC short-drama series. And some of their period drama were based on best seller novel such as Pride and Prejudice or North and South and many more. And most of them I really like. And it seems Hollywood also sometimes make an adaptation from novel like Great Gatsby and The GodFather. So, I thought adaptation from novel will give good results too for korean dramas. But I think they prefer webtoon or hit from other countries. My korean is very limited but I've read few of korean novel and I could say that the storyline and character developments are very solid and persuade me to complete it soon. Not complaining, just because I'm curious.

Leader Eric is truly a man of his words! So proud of him!

tumblr_nolq9tT7JX1rvbzggo3_r2_540.gif
tumblr_nolq9tT7JX1rvbzggo1_r1_540.gif

​Eric really never fails to amaze me. He is a man who keeps his promise. When he made a promise to SHCJ to comeback after military service, a lot of people actually doubt whether they would make it. And Eric works hard to ensure that all members stays together and keep to their promise.

When he set up Shinhwa company with the members, other were doubting whether they still have the fanbase after 4 years to continue on in the Kpop industry. SHCJ kept their promise and wait for Shinhwa's return. With their return to variety through Shinhwa Broadcast, Shinhwa manage to gain new and younger SHCJ.

Eric is a smart guy. He always make strategic decision for Shincom. He would never publicly brag about the stuffs that he has done for Shinhwa because it is not in his nature to do that. 

It is my honor to know a great man like Eric. Keep up the good work, E-Ceo! I hope you have time to make a comeback through drama this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed! :)

• Like 2

150517 Eric - Arrival at Incheon Airport 신화 대만콘서트 인천공항 입국 에릭

The gal following Eric was so close to him but he didn't seem to bother.  He even smiled back at her in another clip. The manager was more concerned than Eric that she was that close

​oh.. Eric is so cool and even smile back to the fan. So level headed.. indeed our Leader-nim..:)

• Like 1

​oh.. Eric is so cool and even smile back to the fan. So level headed.. indeed our Leader-nim..:)

OMO!!!! Isn't she the one that having problem with Dongwanie? The uploader should just block this video or delete it ASAP. It's not good for the sake of that girl. She's getting so much hate lately.

It's nice to see other people appreciate what he did for Shinhwa even though I'm sure he doesn't care to get recognition for what he did till today. Maybe we would know something big again that he did at this moment after years later :) 

Below is a pic of carnation that sent to grandmother (not really sure what's this for) by Shincom and Mun Jung Hyuk as the representative of Shinhwa artist. Love to see Eric's name as Shincom rep. Maybe he's enjoying his time working in the office too.

There is a clip of Shinhwa interview in Tudou.com (I can't attach it, sorry…don't know why. I'll try again later on). But when the interviewer asked him about his plan for this year, he just answered Shinhwa schedule still remain quite many and need prepare for the next year too. That's all…LOL…Means, we can't get to hype about he'll back on the screen this year… MWOYA…!!!!! :angry: . I just hope that answer because he doesn't wanna reveal something not sure yet and not because he's not interested to back on screen :mellow:

CFdecp6UkAEgLlU.jpg

it's sent to a grandmother? wonder what's it's for?  what does it say on the ribbons?  Is it on Shinhwa's behalf or just from Eric himself?

​He's no god but quite often he's level headed, calm & collected in most situations. A Korean fan told me a long time ago that there Eric and his manager (now Shinhwa's chief manager Lee Jong Hyun) were at a restaurant and they were spotted by some fans(?). These people were rudely asked to take photo & autograph. The manager told them to stop and they said something mean back at him. Eric told those fans they're at restaurant, please don't disturb others and he can't give autograph when they're not being considerate for others like that. She said Eric could had lost these fans when he didn't give in to their 'request' while they were behaving badly. He handle it in a nicely without making a huge scene. She didn't tell me the year but it was long long ago.  I kinda miss her since she's been gone from the fandom for a couple years because of her health matter.

​OMO!!!! Isn't she the one that having problem with Dongwanie? The uploader should just block this video or delete it ASAP. It's not good for the sake of that girl. She's getting so much hate lately.

​yeah she's the gal. I doubt she would delete it since there are many other fancams out there with the gal in it.  I feel bad for that girl with all the bashing throwing at her after Dongwan made that post.  For sure she was wrong but all this hate is really over the top. Was she always been like this (not aware/considerate of the surrounding and the people around her while trying to catch her oppas) or it was just happen to be bad that day?  We don't know but she's been called out for being sasaeng fan.  I read netizzenbuzz and some one commented knowing Shinhwa's flight schedule is stalking so it's sasaeng. I don't know but like the another person's pointed out, many other fans know about Shinhwa's fight info & schedule, that means all are saseang?  She was absolute wrong that day but I don't think she's sasaeng level. DW didn't called her that in his posts I think?

150519 Shinhwa’s Eric, a man of mettle - asked co-star if she was fine after shielding her from moving car

It has been 17 years since South Korean idol group Shinhwa made their debut, and is the longest-running group without any change of members. They even went on to start their own management company and share deep bonds of friendship. Leader Eric (Mun Jung Hyuk) may seem quiet on screen but he possesses a surprising charisma, and has been praised by fans for being a perfect leader for firing “Please look for me Eric if there’s anything, it’s not that easy to see Shinhwa” at a journalist who penned a highly critical article of Shinhwa.

Picture caption: Eric has been praised by fans as a perfect leader.

A journalist once wrote an article criticizing Shinhwa in 2004, claiming that “Shinhwa is only popular because they’re an idol group kept alive by their looks”. (Note: the reporter actually bashed Shinhwa’s Brand New album much more than just this. You can read the full translation of that article as well as Eric’s response HERE)

After the article was published, Eric posted a reply saying, “Although we are lacking in some areas, but we have also faced challenges and gained a lot. For us, this is enough.” He ended his post with a powerful “If there’s anything you still wish to say, please look for Eric. It’s not that easy to meet Shinhwa.”

Picture caption: Shinhwa was once criticized for earning popularity with their looks, leader Eric replied, “Please look for me if you wish to say anything.”

Eric not only possesses leadership charisma, but he is also sweet and considerate. In 2006, during the filming of drama “Wolf”, when a prop car was not parked properly and started coming towards co-star Han Jimin, he physically shielded her and was hit by the car. As a result he suffered serious injuries including fractures, but according to crew who were on site, he still held on tightly to Han Jimin after being hit and consoled her that everything was alright.

Actually, the image that Eric portrays on screen tends to be that of a quiet person, a man of few words yet humorous. Shinhwa has also established themselves firmly in showbiz after weathering many problems and challenges since their debut, earning the respect of fans who proudly proclaim, “Our leader is a real man!

Translation: Sumi13
Source: ETtoday (Taiwan) + EricMun tumblr

​mad respect for this quiet man!

2015.05.08 Shinhwa Interview with Youku During Shanghai Concert

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTYwNzYyOTIw)

Q: Oppas' new album acheived great results with 10 wins, are you pressurized for the next album?
Minwoo: Of course there'll be pressure when releasing the next album, because the results were good.
Junjin: And because it received a lot of love
Minwoo: So there should be pressure to create better music and performance. We believe that we can do it, and we can only work hard for it.

Q: Were there disagreements in the production of the album?
Junjin: At times there would be disagreements. But it's all for the sake of producing a good album. It's not quarrelling, but voicing out our own opinions. There were quite a lot of those times. But Lee Minwoo hyung is really good at coordinating these things. And Shinhwa's Eric, because he's the leader, he would also mediate these so there aren't any conflicts occurring. Just that everyone worked hard to produce a better album

Q: When there were disagreements, would you still fight?
Minwoo: We are old, it's difficult

Q: In this comeback, who are you most thankful to among the members? Why are you thankful to him?
Dongwan: Uh..to Eric..I'm thankful to all members. This time comeback I'm most thankful to Minwoo. We don't have a producer, we did it all by ourselves. Eric did a lot too. Especially this time, Minwoo did a lot of things, so I'm really thankful to Minwoo. Personally, I really want to thank Jackie Chan

Interviewer: Why?
Dongwan: No reason lol (in chinese)
Minwoo: No reason? (in chinese)
Dongwan: I'm sorry (in chinese)
Minwoo: Because you look like Jackie Chan?
Dongwan: I said there's no reason

Q: Does Eric have plans to act in dramas this year?
Eric: Because there are still a lot of Shinhwa schedules. And we need to prepare for next year so so far there is none.
Junjin
: Even though so far there is none, as his personal manager (LOL), after the encore concert in August. If he receives a good project, he will take part in it, please look forward to it

Q: Whose idea was it fo oppas to post in Chinese on Weibo?
Junjin: (Minjin looks at each other) It was our own idea right?
Minwoo: ...yes
Junjin: Even though now we can't explain with long words in Chinese, so although it's short, it's words that we want to convey to our fans.

Q: How is Dongwan oppa's Chinese coming so far?
Dongwan
: Hello. I love you. (Background: What the hell is that?)
Andy: What the hell are you saying?
Dongwan: It's Shanghainese dialect, this is how it goes. Hello!! I love you!! (Korean dialect). Hello!! I love you!! (Shanghainese dialect). I'm learning Beginner's level, I've attended the first lesson. I'll work hard to become like Chinese /facepalms/  No really, I've said it on a variety program before. Working hard to learn Chinese to star in a Chinese movie is my dream

Q: Who is currently in charge of the team's dance?
Hyesung: In charge..of course it's Dongwan. At our concerts or in shows, we had a few battles. Initially, I was leading slightly, but recently Dongwan's practicing so hard. So I have the lower hand. I'll temporarily leave the spot for Dongwan, in the future I'll practice more and challenge against Dongwan again.
Dongwan: You're too modest.

Q: Are there plans for Chinese variety afterwards?
Junjin: A lot are in talks right now, but none are confirmed yet. In the future when there are Shinhwa activities, if there are good variety shows, we want to participate. Not just individually, but in the future during Shinhwa activities, we want to participate in variety shows with the Chinese stars, like Running Man.

Q: What type of variety show does Andy want join?
Andy: I want to join all. Firstly, film Running Man, then movie, and food programs. I want to advance into China.

Dongwan: If they let you star in a movie, but there are erotic scenes, and you have to do a bed scene, will you do it?
Andy: Please keep quiet~~~
Dongwan: .....ok
Andy: lol  But I haven't thought about those
Dongwan: But there are a lot of people who wishes to see your bed scene
Andy: Oh really... But I have never practiced acting those
Dongwan: lol ok

Q: What are everyone's plans after the Asia tour?
Junjin
: For me, I'll be releasing my solo album in September and will be working hard doing activities in China. Kim Dongwan is also working hard in variety shows, and will be preparing an album..
Minwoo: He wants to compete with Junjin
Dongwan: No, album is just planning only
Junjin: It is still planning
Dongwan: For me, I want to act in Rush Hour 5 with Jackie Chan in September at Shanghai... Please (in chinese)

Q: What words do you have for Shinhwa Changjo?
Minwoo: They are our greatest strength for our existence. The reason that us, Shinhwa, can be long lasting, is because there is Shinhwa Changjo. After we debuted in 1998, since Shinhwa Changjo fanclub started, they have been with us till now. Because of Shinhwa Changjo, we can make music, stand on the stage, and have activities in the future, I always thought that it's all because there is Shinhwa Changjo. They are our greatest source of strength.

Q: Minwoo oppa's plan to create a 'Shinhwa Museum', how is it coming along?
Minwoo
: We haven't started make that into a reality, we just thought about it, though we don't know if the day that it'll become a reality would come, I hope that there will be a place where we can put all of Shinhwa's history in. There'll be our videos, outfits, merchandises, and our concert hall. In the past it was just a thought, but I really wish there'll be such a place.

Q: Lastly, what do you want to say to the Chinese fans?
Andy: In the future too, we'll promote a lot in China and individual activites as well, please give us lots of your support.
Dongwan: Hello~ I love you~ (Shanghainese dialect). I'll do it again! Why am I so bad at this! Hello~ I love you~ (Shanghainese dialect)

Minwoo: Hello~ I love you~ (Shanghainese dialect) Is it right?

Dongwan: Yes (XD)
Minwoo: Firstly, the fans I missed a lot. We started the Asia Tour at Shanghai, I really missed you. , Shinhwa will work hard from the start of the Asia Tour with Shanghai till the end. I love you. Hello~ (J: lol)
Junjin: There will always be you in Shinhwa members' hearts, thank you (in chinese)
Eric: Uhh Shinhwa..(in chinese) (Everyone: LOL)
Andy: The pronunciation is accurate!
Junjin: Said it well
Eric: In the future Shinhwa will work hard in our activities and everytime when releasing an album, we wish to do somethings for the Chinese fans. We'll meet everyone with a better album and performance next year. Thank you.
Hyesung: We'll come to see you oftenly, I hope everyone would support Shinhwa in the future too, and continue loving us, thank you

Shinhwa: Until now, We are Shinhwa!

Source:
优酷娱乐 + trans by hearts_shinhwa

Shinhwa really want to focus on China. I don't blame them :)

Eric as expected, won't have any solo activity till after Shinhwa finished.  I hope there're good projects available after August. Which means he should be going through offers by now aside from busy with planning for Shinhwa's next year activities.

I guess it's the same for Hyesung?  I really wonder if Hyesung will release an album this year, since Junjin's is September and Dongwan's is December.  Between Junjin's & Dongwan's album, it's too cramp for Hyesung to release his this year.  Though I don't mind being wrong since it's his big 10th Anniversary as a soloist this year so everyone are highly expecting one. :)

@Phi, I don't know what kind of event (?) for the grandmother. 

Maybe it just me, but Eric seems always give the chance for fans to record/ take his pictures in every events in certain times (if their business already finished). Take examples during Running Man shooting last time, he intentionally walk slowly to the fans directions, giving waves, standing in front of us a bit longer just for letting us take his photos/ take record of him. And if not being hurry in the airport/ other places, he always walk a bit slowly than he usually walks (we know how long his step and how fast he walks). And maybe he never covered his face using masker just for letting fans take his whole face pic (however, I'm not saying other Shinhwa member that using masker isn't good. For sure they have reason for that. Masker is kinda often use during certain times in Korea. Such us spring time where there is many pollen (?) from dandelion or other plants/ flowers fly freely here and there. Or to avoid dusty and viruses (I heard singers use masker to avoid their voices too). Eric has matured a lot through these years. Or maybe he realized how important fans is. 

Edited by PutriSalju
  • Like 1

I really hope Hyesung will release an album. Among Shinhwa member, I think Hyesung's ballad and pop songs are match with my taste. But even if he won't release anything, I believe he knows the best for him.

Junjin must be really busy because despite preparing his solo album, he's still working as Eric's manager….puhahahahaha….. But yeah, I hope what Jinnie said is true that he'll back after Shinhwa activities are over. It is hard to divide the times in charge of so many things at the same time. As Shinhwa album producer and composer, I think doesn't matter since he'll work with David Kim (?) and Minwoo. But Shincom's management and those contracts and legal stuff must take a look more careful if they don't want to fall to the same trap for the second time. I guess, those stuffs are the first thing he considerate mostly before taking any offers. Anyway, I'm still being positive he'll back.

China is really big market. Nice to hear Shinhwa realize it. 

• Like 1

@Phi, I don't know what kind of event (?) for the grandmother. 

Maybe it just me, but Eric seems always give the chance for fans to record/ take his pictures in every events in certain times (if their business already finished). Take examples during Running Man shooting last time, he intentionally walk slowly to the fas directions, giving waves, standing in front of us a bit longer just for letting us take his photos/ take record of him. And if not being hurry in the airport/ other places, he always walk a bit slowly than he usually walks (we know how long his step and how fast he walks). And maybe he never covered his face using masker just for letting fans take his whole face pic (however, I'm not saying other Shinhwa member that using masker isn't good. For sure they have reason for that. Masker is kinda often use during certain times in Korea. Such us spring time where there is many pollen (?) from dandelion or other plants/ flowers fly freely here and there. Or to avoid dusty and viruses (I heard singers use masker to avoid their voices too). Eric has matured a lot through these years. Or maybe he realized how important fans is.

@PutriSalju, actually Eric showing fans service in his own subtle, quiet way like that ever since. He's always been like that... not because he just suddenly realizes how important fans are. :)  Otherwise he would be doing much more fan service on E&J twitter :D

As for the mask, may be he doesn't wear mask, simply because it's harder to breath?   :)