NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest emystery

i don't really support any team in particular, follow players instead - always been a fan of CP3, nash and rondo

also love watching upsets from the underdog team too - this playoffs has been interesting so far:

- sixers preventing a sweep

- hornets holding up against lakers

- hawks close to beating magic

- pacers preventing a sweep, etc

i think the interesting team to follow this playoffs would be the thunder, KD making 2nd round would be nice to see

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest something-like

memphis takes a 3-1 lead against San Antonio....beating them 104- 86 WOW.

if memphis wins...biggest playoff upset this year. Even more than if NOH were to beat lakers.

it'd be interesting to see memphis, blazers AND hornets all make it to the 2nd round...

Guest emystery

memphis will definitely beat san antonio since ginobili's injured, they're quite old too, sad to see such a great postseason effort go to waste in the first round.. reminds me of the time where golden state beat dallas lol

hornets beating lakers would also be nice to see, cp3's holding the team up pretty well, hope he could get the job done

on the other side, atlanta is doing really well against orlando lol

• 2 weeks later...

last time i checked, Miami is 2-0 against the Celtics and the Lakers are 0-2 against the Mavericks.

also, i thought it was shocking that the Grizzlies defeated the number 1 west seed, the Spurs :crazy:

--------

also, do you think the Lakers are getting old?

Guest ching22194

Rondo rocks! Playing with basically one hand..

Celtics shows their character unlike Lakers..

Guest Clu3less

was surprised to hear that the lakers lost. was kind of hoping to see celtics vs lakers at finals again.

btw rondo is amazing. joining the game again after having dislocated his elbow? that's what i love about the celtics and their passion/character.

Pau wasn't "emotionally" at the court.

Odom fouls Nowitzki and gets ejected. He later admits that it was an embarrassing accident.

Bynum elbows Barea hard mid-air as the point guard goes for the lay-up. He promptly gets ejected. Bynum later admits that the foul was intentional since he couldn't accept that the small guy kept breaking in the middle through the Laker's defense and making those lay-ups.

And then there's also Artest who hits Barea in an earlier game, but from looking at the replays it looks somewhat unintentional.

Kobe kept his cool and patience the whole series, characteristics of a true team leader.

It's a shame that Phil Jackson's season had to end like this.

--------------------

looking towards the future:

-possible trades: Chris Paul, Darren Williams, Dwight Howard

...but, who to give in return?

:vicx:

Guest socalMC121

dwight howard in LA w00t!

Pau wasn't "emotionally" at the court.

Odom fouls Nowitzki and gets ejected. He later admits that it was an embarrassing accident.

Bynum elbows Barea hard mid-air as the point guard goes for the lay-up. He promptly gets ejected. Bynum later admits that the foul was intentional since he couldn't accept that the small guy kept breaking in the middle through the Laker's defense and making those lay-ups.

And then there's also Artest who hits Barea  in an earlier game, but from looking at the replays it looks somewhat unintentional.

Kobe kept his cool and patience the whole series, characteristics of a true team leader.

It's a shame that Phil Jackson's season had to end like this.

--------------------

Even though Dallas swept LA, games one and three could have very well gone the other way. I'm from Dallas, but TBH, the Lakers were the more talented team. We needed to play near perfect while having the Lakers help us by making mistakes along the way to have any chance at winning the series.

--------------------

I think it would almost certainly have to be at least one of their bigs.

It'll be interesting to see what changes they make to their roster, but I'm personally going to be more interested to see how they do without Phil Jackson. At the end of the day, Lakers will get the talent.

Guest ching22194

--------------------

It's a big talk that Chris Paul would join the NY Knicks and form their own version of Big 3, since he signed an extension contract he got burned. Knicks already acquired Billups and they might not need him anymore and he might joined the Lakers team. Deron Williams just signed a contract with the Nets so its not possible. Dwight will be a free agent soon and Lakers needed someone like him, his assertiveness and toughness on the court.

Lakers must let Gasol go because his not consistent through out the season. Artest might want to be traded and Odom must join another team where he can play a major role and not play off the bench.

It's a big talk that Chris Paul would join the NY Knicks and form their own version of Big 3

i'm assuming paul, anthony, and stoudemire? (or should Billups be somewhere in there too?)

Knicks already acquired Billups and they might not need him anymore and he might joined the Lakers team.

Billups is a good player (especially when he was with the Pistons), but let's face it, time is not on his side. also, he's been plagued with injury.

Even though Dallas swept LA, games one and three could have very well gone the other way. I'm from Dallas, but TBH, the Lakers were the more talented team. We needed to play near perfect while having the Lakers help us by making mistakes along the way to have any chance at winning the series.

it's kinda hard to say Lakers were the more talented team especially if they got swept 0-4.

in any case, i can't wait to see the thunder vs. mavericks game.

it's kinda hard to say Lakers were the more talented team especially if they got swept 0-4.

Maybe more talented individually based on ability, was a better way to phrase that. Not necessarily team.

Guest kiHyuN

Anyone watching the Bulls vs Miami game right now??!

I totally didn't know there was a sports section of Soompi until a couple minutes ago...

Guest kiHyuN

Dang... Bulls vs Heat game just ended. It's okay - Bulls will win it next game. Woooo!

I missed the Mavericks vs Thunder game... Rargh.

it's going to be an uphill battle for the Thunder, since the next game is at Dallas and they're 1-3 right now...

looking at it from a different perspective, maybe the Mavericks should win. I mean Kidd is already 38, Nowitzki hasn't won a ring yet and has been loyal to the Mavericks, etc.

Archived