NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest something-like

Suns traded Turkoglu, Richardson, and Clark, to the Magic for the exchange of Carter, Pietrus, and Gortat. The Magic also get Arenas from the Wizards for exchange of Lewis.

Magic are stupid, now they have no bigs other than dwight and bass (i doubt bass could hold his own against say, blake, noah, boozer, etc)

Well the Magic have reloaded from an offensive standpoint and have more guys to surround Howard with, but this looks like a boom or bust type scenario. I guess they're comfortable with Bass going forward, and Otis Smith is one those GM's who's willing to pull the trigger to try to keep up with other top teams.

Guest showgunz

^ the development of brandon bass absolutely accelerated the process

Magic are stupid, now they have no bigs other than dwight and bass (i doubt bass could hold his own against say, blake, noah, boozer, etc)

not stupid..just willing to accept they werent going to win a championship with the roster they had

arenas can still score

j-rich is an upgrade over vc

lewis going will make minutes for ryan anderson...who can shoot just as well, and is a better rebounder

turk comes back to a system where he thrived

losing gortat and pietrus hurts

gortat was a very good post defender and rebounder

pietrus was our best perimeter defender

so the magic lost some on defense, but gained a lot on offense

also, they may not be done

duhon or j-will are likely to get traded for a big

and orton may yet surprise people this year

do these trades make them a championship team? not sure

but do they now have a better shot? absolutely

Guest something-like

^ the development of brandon bass absolutely accelerated the process

not stupid..just willing to accept they werent going to win a championship with the roster they had

arenas can still score

j-rich is an upgrade over vc

lewis going will make minutes for ryan anderson...who can shoot just as well, and is a better rebounder

turk comes back to a system where he thrived

losing gortat and pietrus hurts

gortat was a very good post defender and rebounder

pietrus was our best perimeter defender

so the magic lost some on defense, but gained a lot on offense

also, they may not be done

duhon or j-will are likely to get traded for a big

and orton may yet surprise people this year

do these trades make them a championship team? not sure

but do they now have a better shot? absolutely

true but don't count turkoglu 'back' yet; we all know how bad he sucked in toronto and phx. We'll see if he gets back to his level the last time he was in orlando. System or not, his season in toronto was absolutely TERRIBLE, he couldn't sink a basket for his life. I mean, getting 10 pts/night was a struggle.

Guest xsilentangel

wow it's been awhile since i've been here.

"Even with all the storylines in the Celtics matchup against the Magic, a few of the troops asked him who he was rooting for in the Lakers-Heat game.

He said, "Is it possible for both of them to lose?""

^ hahaha ray allen is truly the man <3

i wanted a celtics-lakers game but oh well.. i'll settle for the revamped orlando magic. finally.. some competition. i think the only competition for the celtics so far was the mavs.

hoping the celtics will be at 15 in a row after this. i don't think rondo is set to play but the celtics are in great condition. exciting that perkins recently started practicing again too!

Guest showgunz

true but don't count turkoglu 'back' yet; we all know how bad he sucked in toronto and phx. We'll see if he gets back to his level the last time he was in orlando. System or not, his season in toronto was absolutely TERRIBLE, he couldn't sink a basket for his life. I mean, getting 10 pts/night was a struggle.

agreed he was garbage in toronto and phoenix

but those teams have pure point guards who handle the ball the majority of the time

orlando does not..and turk is able to handle the ball plenty

he has always been better with the ball playing pick&roll/pick&pop

good win for the magic against the celtics

knicks looked legit against the bulls

amare proving he's not a product of playing with nash

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest lifesaver

Yeah he was... but what surprised me most was that he was knocking down his free throws. He went 7-9 even though he's around 50% for the season. Howard wasn't too bad at the line as well.

Jerry Sloan retires after 23 years of coaching in Utah. To me, he seemed like one of those few guys who actually coached and never gave into players if it wasn't good for the team.

Some rumors that he got sick of Deron Williams and management/ownership, but I really don't know what to believe except that the timing was kind of abrupt.

Oh yeah, Ray Allen broke Reggie Miller's record last night too with Reggie calling the game, and Lakers win in Boston.

Looking forward to All-Star Weekend!

Guest lifesaver

It's difficult to believe that coach Sloan never won a coach of the year award. If Jordan didn't come out of retirement in '95, the Jazz would've won a championship in either '97 or '98.

Guest knockblock

It's difficult to believe that coach Sloan never won a coach of the year award. If Jordan didn't come out of retirement in '95, the Jazz would've won a championship in either '97 or '98.

Why do people always say this? That the Jazz with Sloan, Stockten, and Malone didn't win a championship because of Jordan. Utah had their chances even after Jordan retired.

Guest lifesaver

True, Utah did have their chances. The thing is Utah was at their prime in 97-98 because they had Shandon Anderson, Howard Eisley, and a "more effective" Antoine Carr. These guys didn't have the best stats out there, but they worked really well alongside Malone and Stockton and were able to post up the best records in the West in the 96-97 and 97-98 season. I see where you're coming from, though.

Guest showgunz

read a story that brandon roy may never fully recover from his knee problems

that's a shame, if true...kid's a stud

i'm having flashbacks to penny hardaway

Yeah, when I heard Sloan had never been coach of the year, I was surprised too. Just reflecting back on the 90's, it's just so amazing what MJ accomplished in his 30's with Scottie Pippen and Phil Jackson. All of the great teams and players they sent home in the postseason. I wish I had followed the league more as kid, that was truly a great era for basketball.

And thinking about how MJ retired (the second time), Tim Duncan and Kobe really rose to the top quite fast granted they went to good teams. If Kobe gets his 6th ring this season, I don't really care who he's played with, can't touch that.

About Brandon Roy - that's tough to hear especially when it happens to the really good guys on and off the court. I think about Grant Hill some, and how he was able to resurrect his career in Phoenix, even if he's not a shade of the player he used to be.

That's gotta be brutal for the Blazers, Roy and Greg Oden had such great expectations. I'm just amazed how they're still in the playoff hunt with Aldridge and Matthews leading the way.

BTW, this year's dunk contest, should be interesting I guess? Hope LeBron and some other players step up to the plate next year.

Guest showgunz

^ blake griffin gonna pwn the dunk contest

shame about oden, too

good kid that can't stay healthy

i laugh when people say portland shoulda taken durant

any team besides orlando (d12), and possibly one or two others, would have taken oden

Archived