Jung Il Woo 정일우 -♥- We Love You, Oppa!

ilwoo_aein

*** This is commonly known as cold sores. It is a type of infection by the herpes simplex virus that affects primarily the lip. This isn't the kind of herpes, which appearing on the genitals. hahaha - It's a small blisters or sores in the lip. Some people get cold sores regularly and some have cold sores once every few years. It clears it up in a few days at the most. Stay healthy, Jung il Woo! :P

Jung Il Woo reported to have recently recovered from herpes labialis

20190113-jiwjpg.jpg

Jung Il Woo has recently recovered from herpes labialis.

His label confirmed that he was diagnosed with it in December, but he has currently recovered and is filming 'Haechi' without any problems. His label explained that he lost 14 kg (31 lb) in 1 month for his new character. Because of the sudden weight loss, his immune system lowered, resulting in his herpes.

He suffered from it for 2 weeks, and still has a cut from it. He is recording through makeup and CG.

His drama 'Haechi' will start airing on February 11th.

source : allkpop

• Thanks 1

#10YearChallenge: The Trend That Didn’t Take Korea By Storm, But Here It Is Anyway

The #10YearChallenge, or — the more apt version for us age-at-a-normal-rate folk — “How hard has aging hit you challenge,” is running rampant through the interwebs, with friends and celebrities alike sharing then-and-now photos of their transformation, or lack thereof, from 2009 to 2019.

Korean celebrities have, for the most part, pointedly ignored this trend — why, we cannot fathom — so here you go, you ageless monsters.

We did it for you.

Exclusively from our favorite dramas of 2009 and some that we truly did not know existed, here are 16 celebrities, then and now:

Jung Il Woo

jung-il-woo1-540x360.jpg

Left: “The Return of Iljimae” (2009) Right: “Haechi”

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 3

honeslty, i got scared that he lost 14kg to this role.

idk, in a such short time and he already has another health issues.

when he left army i thought he was pretty well, but now to go back losing all of that...

it came to my mind when in 2017 he was in a event and ppl begun speculated abt his appearence.

i just hope there's not to do with him worried abt other has so say abt his looks leading to another healthy issues.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2019 at 4:24 AM, mari_may said:

another Haechi teaser that Jung Il woo posted in his instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsfWtnLA4AM/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

this one looks soo good!

Hi mari_may, thanks for sharing the teaser. NICE! :lol:

[Photos] New Stills Added for the Upcoming Korean Drama "Haechi"

photo1029945.jpg

photo1029948.jpg

photo1029949.jpg

Source : /www.hancinema.net/ko...

• Like 1

Haechi stars Jung Il-woo as a problematic Prince Yeongjo on quest for justice

haehaechi4.jpg

New stills for upcoming sageuk Haechi have been released. From the descriptions, it sounds like a coming-of-age legal drama in a historical setting, with all the delicious royal intrigue and trappings of power typical in a sageuk. Jung Il-woo (High-End Crush) stars as a troublemaking Joseon prince who eventually learns about love and true friendship.

Read full article on Dramabeans

• Like 1

8 hours ago, irilight said:

Haechi stars Jung Il-woo as a problematic Prince Yeongjo on quest for justice

New stills for upcoming sageuk Haechi have been released. From the descriptions, it sounds like a coming-of-age legal drama in a historical setting, with all the delicious royal intrigue and trappings of power typical in a sageuk. Jung Il-woo (High-End Crush) stars as a troublemaking Joseon prince who eventually learns about love and true friendship.

Read full article on Dramabeans

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this here. Welcome back! Jung Il-woo lost weight to prepare for this role. Gosh…he has one of the most striking profiles I’ve ever seen. He’s been awesome in everything I’ve seen him in. Hope he’s healthy since he already has another health issues. I don’t really dig sageuks but since this is his drama, I shall of course be watching. Can’t wait for February 11. Jung Il-woo does sageuk very well. I'm in. I will cheer for your sageuk success, JIW. :P

• Like 2

On 1/17/2019 at 10:52 PM, willenette said:

Hope he’s healthy since he already has another health issues.

@willenette, another health issue? OMG.. what is it.?

I love Jung Il-Woo in every single role I have seen him in - he is that good of an actor. But I do not love all of the drama I have seen him in.  Some, I actually struggled to watch, and only watched for him...

But I have high hopes for Haechi...

• Like 1

c18bf53f4aec4806b428e019b1d0d065.jpeg?s=

Jung Il Woo Reveals What Changed After Cerebral Aneurysm Diagnosis

On January 21, Jung Il Woo attended a press conference for the new Monday-Tuesday historical drama “Haechi.” The actor said, “Yeong Jo is someone who had many ups and downs in his life. However, I’ve never had that big of a curve in life. The most shocking that ever happened to me was when I was diagnosed with a cerebral aneurysm.”

It was belatedly reported that Jung Il Woo was diagnosed with a cerebral aneurysm in 2017. A cerebral aneurysm is a weakened blood vessel wall that results in an enlarged artery. Rupture and bleeding caused by an aneurysm may cause a stroke, coma, or result in death.

At the time, the agency stated that the actor received the diagnosis following a car accident in 2006. Despite being able to receive exemption from compulsory enlistment, the actor still enlisted as a public service worker and was discharged last year.

Jung Il Woo continued, “Even the doctors said they weren’t sure how soon I was going to die. It felt like a ticking time bomb. But after the diagnosis, I was able to change the way I look at life. You only get one chance at life, so I wanted to make the most of every day. I realized that it is okay to enjoy life and comfortably show people who I really am.”

He concluded, “I think Lee Geum (Jung Il Woo’s character in ‘Haechi’) is similar to me in the way that he also finds his motivation to live after going through a big incident.”

“Haechi” is a historical drama about Prince Yeoning (Jung Il Woo), a prince who cannot become the king. Since he was born from a common woman, he is not welcomed anywhere despite being born a genius with a brilliant mind and sharp sense of judgement.

“Haechi” will premiere on February 11 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

source

• Thanks 1

216f05db5a174c9a880a2162e5507ea3.jpeg?s=

Jung Il Woo Reveals Why He Chose “Haechi” As His Comeback Drama

Jung Il Woo recently shared his thoughts on why he joined SBS’s upcoming drama “Haechi.”

On January 21, a press conference was held for the new Monday-Tuesday historical drama “Haechi.” Jung Il Woo, who was discharged from the military on November 30, attended the event and stated, “During my military service, I thought a lot about various projects, and had many worries.”

He continued, “‘Scriptwriter Kim Yi Young’s ‘Haechi’ was different from the usual stories about [King Yeong Jo] that have been handled before. I chose ‘Haechi’ because its story about the young King Yeong Jo is one that hasn’t been told before, and it appealed to me.”

Jung Il Woo then stated, “While reading the script, scriptwriter Kim Yi Young told me a backstory. She told me, ‘I think you’re good at being sarcastic and teasing people.’ There are many scenes like that in the drama, so she complimented me. I also acted drunk on the first day of shooting, and the director said, ‘I think you’re the best when it comes to drunk acting.’ I tried to approach and immerse myself in my character.”

“Haechi” is a historic drama about Prince Yeoning (Jung Il Woo), a prince who cannot become the king. Because he is a prince born from a common woman, he is not welcomed anywhere despite being born a genius with a brilliant mind and sharp sense of judgement. Jung Il Woo will be acting alongside Go Ara and Kwon Yool.

“Haechi” will be the follow-up project to “My Strange Hero” and premieres on February 11 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

source

• Like 3

On 1/21/2019 at 12:08 PM, irilight said:

@willenette, another health issue? OMG.. what is it.?

I love Jung Il-Woo in every single role I have seen him in - he is that good of an actor. But I do not love all of the drama I have seen him in.  Some, I actually struggled to watch, and only watched for him...

But I have high hopes for Haechi...

Hi irilight, I was referring to his cerebral aneurysm. :lol:

Watch: Jung Il Woo, Go Ara, And Kwon Yool Build An Alliance In New Teaser For “Haechi”

b7a97201c1704d54bd83b7010b105f35.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Haechi” has released their third teaser video!

“Haechi” is a historic fusion drama about Prince Yeoning (played by Jung Il Woo), a prince who cannot become the king. Because he was born from a common woman, he is not welcomed anywhere despite being born a genius with a brilliant mind and sharp sense of judgement.

In the beginning scenes, Prince Yi Tan (played by Jung Moon Sung) tells Prince Yeoning, “I’m the successor to Prince Sohyeon,” claiming the throne to be originally his. However, Prince Yeoining coolly retaliates, saying whoever claims the throne first is the one that will become the King.

The teaser video also shows the meeting between Prince Yeoning, Yeo Ji (played by Go Ara), and Park Moon Soo (played by Kwon Yool). Prince Yeoning and Park Moon Soo, who meet at a testing site, are being chased. Even from their first meeting, Park Moon Soo easily approaches Prince Yeoning saying, “Should we become brothers?” This scene is then followed by multiple fighting scenes, including that of Yeo Ji who fiercely takes on multiple opponents at once.

When the three come together, Prince Yeoning says with fierce determination, “There may be something I have to do with you two,” hinting at their future cooperation to help make Prince Yeoning the King.

The trailer ends with Prince Yeoning charismatically saying, “The law will reveal fairness to the people,” making viewers excited to watch Prince Yeoning’s tumultuous rise to the throne in the midst of a fierce battle for power.

“Haechi” will premiere on February 11 at 10 p.m. KST following the end of “My Strange Hero.”

Check out the new teaser below!

Source (1) / soompi news

Jung Il Woo, Go Ara, Kwon Yool, And More In “Haechi” Character Posters

24b0441221fe45d59ecca5faf7fc3b03.jpeg?s=

SBS’s new historical drama “Haechi” has unveiled character posters for its six main characters!

“Haechi” will follow the friendships and love story of Prince Yeoning (Jung Il Woo), a prince who cannot become the king. Scriptwriter Kim Yi Young, who is known for writing popular historical dramas such as “Yi San,” “Dong Yi,” and “King’s Doctor,” penned another great historical drama for 2019. She is joined by director Lee Yong Suk who received recognition for directing “Iljimae” and “The Village Achiara’s Secret.”

Jung Will Woo takes on the role of the problematic Prince Yeoning. Because he was born from a common woman, he is not welcomed anywhere despite being born a genius with a brilliant mind and sharp sense of judgement. Viewers are curious to see how Jung Il Woo will tell the story of King Yeongjo who rises to the throne during the fierce struggle for power.

Jung-Il-Woo4.jpg

Go Ara will play the role of Yeo Ji, a female inspector who fights against justice and exudes much charisma. She works for the government despite being discriminated against because of her gender. Later, she joins forces with Prince Yeoning to straighten out the corrupted government of Joseon.

The production team of “Haechi” said, “The unveiled character posters convey the hopes and dreams of each character with the looks in their eyes and facial expressions. Please look forward to seeing Jung Il Woo, Go Ara, Kwon Yool, Park Hoon, Lee Kyung young, and Jung Moon Sun in ‘Haechi.'”

“Haechi” will premiere on February 11 at 10 p.m. KST following the end of “My Strange Hero.” Check out a teaser here!

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Jung Il Woo Locks Eyes With Go Ara In Upcoming Historical Drama “Haechi”

8ca90d63b41c4995a44af97d10af5033.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Haechi” has released the first stills of Jung Il Woo and Go Ara!

“Haechi” is a historic fusion drama starring Jung Il Woo as the problematic Prince Yeoning, a prince who cannot become the king.

Because he was born from a common woman, he is not welcomed anywhere despite being born a genius with a brilliant mind and sharp sense of judgement. Furthermore, Go Ara will take on the role of Yeo Ji who is a fierce female inspector working for the government.

In the released stills, Jung Il Woo and Go Ara are shown facing each other. Jung Il Woo is standing in front of Go Ara, who is wearing a topknot and dressed in male clothing, as if to block her path. Viewers are curious to find out why Go Ara is looking at Jung Il Woo with a guarded expression as Jung Il Woo gives her a meaningful smile. In particular, viewers are excited to find out what kind of relationship the two will develop as sparks fly from their piercing eye contact.

Haechi3.jpg

Even from the first filming, Jung Il Woo and Go Ara had to portray a lot of emotions using only their eyes. The two actors could be found monitoring their scenes after each filming, showcasing their intense focus on their roles. They also received a lot of praise when Jung Il Woo skillfully portrayed ambitious Prince Yeoning’s confident gaze and Go Ara perfectly digested her role by showcasing her character’s strong gaze.

“Haechi” will premiere on February 11 at 10 p.m. KST following the end of “My Strange Hero.” Check out the latest teaser here!

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2

***  I'm happy that Jung Il-woo is already back to work. I am happy that he finished his military duties. I hope his health is better than ever. I know he went on a diet and lost around some kilograms. I was shocked when I first found out that he was diagnosed with a cerebral aneurysm because I know if you have this illness you could die at any moment. Can't wait for Feb. 11 for his comeback on screen. I'm sure this is a good project since he chose this drama as his comeback. Well, he's one actor who can express any character he's playing in a very unique way, anyway. :lol:

• Like 2

Hi, I'm new here but an old fan of oppa Ilwoo. Excited for his upcoming drama.

http://mengnews.joins.com/view.aspx?aid=3058792 

After serving his country, Jung Il-woo is back: The actor once again dons hanbok for an upcoming SBS drama

Jan 29,2019

Actor Jung Il-woo plays the Joseon Dynasty’s (1392-1910) Prince Lee-geum, before he ascended to the throne and became King Yeongjo, in the upcoming SBS historical drama “Haechi.” [SBS]

Just under two months after wrapping up his mandatory military service, actor Jung Il-woo is already back to work. 

After filming for the tvN series “Cinderella With Four Knights” was completed in 2016, Jung enlisted as a public service worker for the Korea Elder Protection Agency. After 24 months at the community organization, he was discharged in December 2018. 

Under Korean conscription law, those with certain illnesses or physical disabilities are able to serve as public service workers instead of directly enlisting in military branches. Although Jung was assigned to public service work due to wrist and hip injuries sustained after a car accident in 2006, he says there were other reasons he could not serve in the armed forces. 

“I enlisted [as a public service worker] due to a car accident, and that’s what many people believe - but I was also diagnosed with a cerebral aneurysm,” he said during an interview held at SBS Broadcasting Center Headquarters in Mok-dong, western Seoul, on Jan. 21. “I am happy to finish my military duties as a Korean citizen and now, I believe that I can [do my job] with more pride.” 

Working in an office while serving his mandatory duty, Jung didn’t maintain his health as much as he had in the past. But now, he believes his health is better than ever. 

“I gained around 13 kilograms (29.6 pounds) while serving in the military,” he said. “But right after I started filming for the upcoming series, I went on a diet and lost around 14 kilograms. Now, I’m in my best condition to film.” 

Jung is currently filming the upcoming SBS historical series “Haechi.” The drama, set to premiere on Feb. 11, tells the story of Prince Yeoning Lee-geum before he became King Yeongjo of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910). Although he was born the second son of King Sukjong, he was discriminated against by his brothers due to his low-class mother. Together with Park Mun-su (Kwon Yul), a passionate man who wants to become a public service officer, Yeo-ji (Go A-ra), a talented inspector who is disregarded because of her gender, and Dal-mun, a rowdy guy from the streets, the prince seeks to claim the throne. 

Jung chose to work on the series because he was attracted to the role of Prince Lee-geum. 

“I had been thinking a lot about [my future roles] during my military service, and I [really liked] ‘Haechi’ written by Kim I-yeong,” Jung said. “The story is not about the crowned, powerful King Yeongjo that people are familiar with; it’s about his younger self, who has not been seen much in previous historical dramas.” 

Jung also says he was drawn to the character because he found him relatable. 

“[Prince Lee-geum] is a character who suffers a lot before he becomes king,” he said. “I was shocked when I first found out that I was diagnosed with a cerebral aneurysm because my doctor told me that I could die at any moment. I started to be more thankful for my life and tried to enjoy it more. In the series, the prince never gives up and continues to persevere. I think we are similar in that sense.” 

According to Jung, scriptwriter Kim cast him because he “is good at making fun of others.” 

“She said that I’m talented at being sarcastic,” he said. “It was a compliment, and I was thankful to hear that. The director of the series also told me that I’m good at portraying a drunk person - I had to act drunk on the first day of filming. I wasn’t good at drinking before I went to the military, but I guess I got better at it. While filming for this series, I thought a lot about the similarities I have with my character. In the end, I’m very thankful to the director, who met with each of the actors and helped them build up their characters.” 

Jung also did a lot of research about his character. With his knowledge, he tried to make his character more unique. 

“I’ve read a lot of books on King Yeongjo and watched films and dramas about him. I learned from actors Song Kang-ho and Yoo Ah-in’s portrayal of the king in the film ‘The Throne’ (2015). But since the drama is fiction based on some historical facts, my character had the ability to be [someone more appealing].” 

This is not Jung’s first role in a historical drama. He has previously starred in MBC’s “The Return of Iljimae” (2009), “The Moon Embracing the Sun” (2012) and “The Night Watchman’s Journal” (2014) where he had to wear hanbok, traditional Korean dress, and play a famous figure from Korean history. 

“I did worry about playing similar roles, but the [‘Haechi’] director told me that I looked great in hanbok,” he said. “I think the reason I’m able to play roles in historical series is because I fit in well. I’m very thankful for that.” 

He then added, “I’ve known actor Go for a long time since we worked on several commercials together. Kwon, meanwhile, is five years older than me, but he is like a neighbor to me. We talk comfortably with each other and share our honest opinions. Now, we feel more comfortable toward each other [than before].” 

In the end, Jung’s goal for the upcoming series is to portray his character to the best of his ability. 

“I’m very dedicated to expressing my character in a very unique way.” 

BY YEO YE-RIM [yeo.yerim@joongang.co.kr] 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 2:52 AM, hulya.23_d801 said:

Alıntı Değildir

***Thanks for sharing some captures from the drama. In the latest preview for this upcoming drama JIW meets Go Ara for the first time. He is unable to take his eyes off of Go Ara, who is disguised as a gisaeng (courtesan). I read that this is an extremely important scene in the drama. I'm curious to see what happens next. “Haechi” airs on February 11 at 10 p.m. KST, and will be available on Viki. Can't wait! Best wishes to the cast and crew! :lol:

• Guest changed the title to Jung Il Woo 정일우 - Current Drama : Haechi /Hatch

haechi holds press conference

ie002455572_std1955945310276408695.jpg

Haechi held its press conference on February 11. Nothing out of the ordinary in terms of wardrobe, with the men in classic suits. Jung Il Woo seems to be doing finger hearts with everyone, which is kinda cute. The drama will premiere on SBS tonight.

ie002455582_std7154824107471864739.jpg

2019021101283_05946389005778495669.jpg?w

30000622755_5001635472733092284460.jpg

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/02/11/haechi-holds-press-conference/