ilwoo_aein

20180909 Jung Il Woo IG update 1:

IG update 2:

a4f76a69ly1fv56ik03dej20yi0zegrg.jpg

IG update 3

translation: [Thank you.]

a4f76a69ly1fv56iljg6wj20yi0z3agu.jpg

20180909 Weibo update 1

Translation: [The 32nd birthday that was celebrated with all of you ~ Thank you all. I am really very happy.~ See you soon. #JungIlWoo Happy Birthday. #jungilwoo Thank you. #20180909 I sincerely thank you all. ]

DmrsijFXcAA3o-c.jpg

Weibo update 2:

Translation: [On my next birthday, I will be more handsome and will celebrate it with you all. ~ #JungIlWoo #20180909]

a4f76a69ly1fv57focnbgj20w30qodjw.jpg

https://www.weibo.com/2302554251/GyyUyeauV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Jung Il Woo Considering Fusion Sageuk For First Drama After Mandatory National Service

f2d57a4a90c94923a161737e8aefa659.jpeg?s=

Actor Jung Il Woo is looking into a fusion historical drama for his return to television. Currently carrying out his mandatory national service, Jung Il Woo will be done on December 2 this year.

A source from the actor’s agency, HB Entertainment, said on October 10, “Jung Il Woo is positively reviewing the new SBS weekend drama ‘Haechi.’ However, he is still in the middle of his service as a public service officer and is concentrating on his duties. At the moment, he is simply taking the project into consideration.”

Jung Il Woo would take on the role of Prince Yeoning in the drama, who, though the son of the king, is not acknowledged as heir to the throne because his mother is a commoner. “Haechi” is a bright story of adventure and how the prince teams up with a ragtag group of people to stake his claim to the throne. The drama is a fusion sageuk inspired by the mythological creature Haechi, a guardian of justice (and also the symbol of Seoul).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1243343wpp/jung-il-woo-considering-fusion-sageuk-first-drama-mandatory-national-service

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hugo10 said:

Jung Il Woo Considering Fusion Sageuk For First Drama After Mandatory National Service

Actor Jung Il Woo is looking into a fusion historical drama for his return to television. Currently carrying out his mandatory national service, Jung Il Woo will be done on December 2 this year.

A source from the actor’s agency, HB Entertainment, said on October 10, “Jung Il Woo is positively reviewing the new SBS weekend drama ‘Haechi.’ However, he is still in the middle of his service as a public service officer and is concentrating on his duties. At the moment, he is simply taking the project into consideration.”

Jung Il Woo would take on the role of Prince Yeoning in the drama, who, though the son of the king, is not acknowledged as heir to the throne because his mother is a commoner. “Haechi” is a bright story of adventure and how the prince teams up with a ragtag group of people to stake his claim to the throne. The drama is a fusion sageuk inspired by the mythological creature Haechi, a guardian of justice (and also the symbol of Seoul).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1243343wpp/jung-il-woo-considering-fusion-sageuk-first-drama-mandatory-national-service

Hi hugo, thanks for sharing this good news. I'm excited for his discharge soon & back right away to dramaland. I’m really happy to see JIW considering another drama right after his discharge. I'm excited now to see him in the screen again. :P

• Like 2

*** It's such wonderful news to hear & read about him. I heard that "Haechi" is set to premiere in the spring of 2019 on SBS. So, this will be anytime from March-May next year.  The title of the drama is a nod to a mythical creature from Korean legend. Jung Il-woo will be discharged in early December. Hwaiting........... Wishing him the best and hope he stays healthy. I miss JIW! I'm looking forward to seeing him on TV. So excited to see him back soon. This isn't his 1st sageuk drama. I hope this will be better than his previous one. I'm all for his comeback. I heard about his health issues going into mandatory service & I hope that he's better now. Glad to have him back soon. I would watch something he's in. He's one of my fave actors! I love Jung il Woo.  Return safely after military service, Oppa! :P

• Like 2

Jung Il-Woo considers post-army comeback in fusion sageuk

jung2.jpg

Boy, does time fly! Jung Il-woo (Cinderella and the Four Knights, Records of a Night Watchman) will be discharged from the army this year and the actor is said to be considering an offer for a fusion sageuk drama titled Haechi. His agency has confirmed that the offer is being considered, but stressed that nothing has been finalized as Jung Il-woo is still completing his term in public service.

Read more on Dramabeans

• Like 2

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/10/jung-il-woo-considers-post-army-comeback-in-fusion-sageuk/

jung2.jpg

Boy, does time fly! Jung Il-woo (Cinderella and the Four Knights, Records of a Night Watchman) will be discharged from the army this year and the actor is said to be considering an offer for a fusion sageuk drama titled Haechi. His agency has confirmed that the offer is being considered, but stressed that nothing has been finalized as Jung Il-woo is still completing his term in public service.

Haechi is set to premiere in the spring of 2019 on SBS and Jung Il-woo is considering the role of Prince Yeoning, the son of a commoner and the king. Prince Yeoning teams up with a band of misfits as he jockeys for power as an illegitimate son of the crown. The drama will focus on themes of justice and good versus evil while borrowing from Korean mythology.

The title of the drama is a nod to a mythical creature from Korean legend. The haechi, which appear in a combined form of a lion, sheep, and unicorn, were fierce guardians that were said to ward off fire and natural disaster. Stone haechi figures were often placed in palaces to protect against these elements. If you visit Gyeongbokgung Palace in Seoul, you can still see some haechi figures at the palace entrance.

Writer Kim Yi-young is something of a sageuk heavy hitter; her previous works include the classic sageuk dramas Dong Yi and Yi San. Haechi is her first project since 2015’s Hwajung, so anticipation is bound to be strong for the drama.

Jung Il-woo will be discharged in early December, and regardless of which drama he chooses to make his comeback project, we can look forward to seeing him back on the small screen in the near future.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 3:45 PM, irilight said:

Read more on Dramabeans

Hi irilight I'm already excited about seeing Jung Il Woo again on TV. I have missed this man so much. :P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 2:23 PM, evie7 said:

Thank you all for posting this good news. I have missed him, it's good to know he's already getting offers. I hope he picks a good drama. I'm so excited he will be discharged in less than 2 months

@evie7 , and @willenette little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon.,  I am also very excited for his upcoming discharge.  And looking forward to see what choice he'd make. That fusion sageuk sounds good to me because of the writer. I want to see him also with a good leading lady.

Also, let us remember that he has a Chinese drama coming  out - Beautiful Woman

Viki has a fan channel for it.

https://www.viki.com/tv/35691c-beauty-dream

With the Hallyu Ban being lifted more and more drama with Korean actors are coming soon.

Lets support this Jung Il-Woo with this drama too, by submitting license requests to Viki.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irilight said:

@evie7  little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon.,  I am also very excited for his upcoming discharge.  And looking forward to see what choice he'd make. That fusion sageuk sounds good to me because of the writer. I want to see him also with a good leading lady.

Also, let us remember that he has a Chinese drama coming  out - Beautiful Woman

Viki has a fan channel for it.

https://www.viki.com/tv/35691c-beauty-dream

With the Hallyu Ban being lifted more and more drama with Korean actors are coming soon.

Lets support this Jung Il-Woo with this drama too, by submitting license requests to Viki.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Hi irilight, thanks for the reminder about this C-drama. I really hope that VIKI will get the license for this drama for his international fans. . Looking forward to his discharge. I'm happy he's back on the small screen right after coming out from the military. ... I will always support him.  I wish him all the best! Fighting JIW! :P

• Like 2

Jung Il Woo, Go Ara, Kwon Yool, And Park Hoon Cast In New Historical Drama

c303c3c24b9245ddb662d90222be354b.jpeg?s=

Oct 30, 2018
by C. Hong

On October 30, a source from SBS confirmed that Jung Il Woo, Go Ara, Kwon Yool, and Park Hoon had been cast in the new drama “Haechi.”

“Haechi” is a fusion sageuk drama inspired by the myth of Haechi, a guardian of justice. It tells the story of a prince with a commoner mother who teams up with a ragtag band of people to stake his claim to the throne.

Jung Il Woo has been cast as Prince Yeoning in his first drama after completing his mandatory military service. Go Ara will be playing a brilliant inspector who works for the government despite being discriminated against because of her gender.

Kwon Yool has been cast in the role of Park Moon Soo, a passionate young man who seeks justice and believes that the top 1 percent in Joseon society should hold a sword only to defend the weak.

Park Hoon will be playing the role of the court entertainer, who fools around with the court gisaengs and impresses with his martial arts skills.

“Haechi” is expected to air sometime in the first half of 2019.

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1254627wpp/jung-il-woo-go-ara-kwon-yool-park-hoon-cast-new-historical-drama

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hugo10 said:

Jung Il Woo, Go Ara, Kwon Yool, And Park Hoon Cast In New Historical Drama

Oct 30, 2018
by C. Hong

On October 30, a source from SBS confirmed that Jung Il Woo, Go Ara, Kwon Yool, and Park Hoon had been cast in the new drama “Haechi.”

“Haechi” is a fusion sageuk drama inspired by the myth of Haechi, a guardian of justice. It tells the story of a prince with a commoner mother who teams up with a ragtag band of people to stake his claim to the throne.

Jung Il Woo has been cast as Prince Yeoning in his first drama after completing his mandatory military service. Go Ara will be playing a brilliant inspector who works for the government despite being discriminated against because of her gender.

Kwon Yool has been cast in the role of Park Moon Soo, a passionate young man who seeks justice and believes that the top 1 percent in Joseon society should hold a sword only to defend the weak.

Park Hoon will be playing the role of the court entertainer, who fools around with the court gisaengs and impresses with his martial arts skills.

“Haechi” is expected to air sometime in the first half of 2019.

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1254627wpp/jung-il-woo-go-ara-kwon-yool-park-hoon-cast-new-historical-drama

Hi hugo, thanks for sharing some news about his comeback drama after military discharge soon. I'm happy that there's something to look forward..... The upcoming drama has now found its main cast. I read that JIW will be playing the character of Lee Geum who is born to a musuri, a slave in charge of menial house chores, and is therefore not considered as ideal royalty. He is a cool-headed natural genius, but he's also useless. Although we don't have a definite release schedule yet, can't wait for this drama.  :P

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 5:23 AM, evie7 said:

@hugo10 @willenette@irilight@feelbora Thank you all for posting this good news. I have missed him, it's good to know he's already getting offers. I hope he picks a good drama. I'm so excited he will be discharged in less than 2 months:heart: 

Hi evie, JIW has a new period drama entitled "Haechi" as soon as he completes his MS soon. It is eyeing for a February 2019 broadcast. This will be the fourth period drama for him. He'll play the character of a prince. As far as I remember it will also be his third role as a prince. :P

• Like 2

November 9, 2018

SBS announces the cast of ‘Haechi’

Actors Jung Il-woo, Kwon Yul and Go A-ra have been cast in the upcoming SBS drama “Haechi,” the company announced Thursday.

The drama, which is set to premiere in February, is a historical series that tells the story of Prince Lee-geum, who was the son of a low-class mother. Together with Park Mun-su, a young man who has long been preparing for the civil service exam, Yeo-ji, a hard-working female inspector, and Dal-mun, a rowdy guy from the streets, the prince seeks to claim the throne.

Jung will be playing the role of the prince, who is smart and zealous, but is discriminated against for his lower class. Kwon will play the role of Park, a passionate man who seeks justice and aims to protect the weak and the poor. And Ko will play Yeo-ji, who a very talented inspector who speaks Korean, Japanese and Chinese, but is discriminated against for her gender.

The drama is written by Kim Yi-young, who was behind MBC’s popular historical series “Yi San” (2007-8) and “Dong Yi” (2010), and is directed by Lee Yong-suk, known for SBS dramas “Iljimae” (2008) and “Wife Returns” (2009-10).

By Yeo Ye-rim

credit : JoongAngDaily

• Like 3

On 11/8/2018 at 4:17 AM, willenette said:

Hi evie, JIW has a new period drama entitled "Haechi" as soon as he completes his MS soon. It is eyeing for a February 2019 broadcast. This will be the fourth period drama for him. He'll play the character of a prince. As far as I remember it will also be his third role as a prince. :P

Thank you:heart: for tagging me with the good news. I'm so happy we get him back on our screenshappy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/11/jung-il-woo-returns-from-military-service-today-to-star-in-new-drama-hatch

Jung Il Woo returns from military service today + to star in new drama 'Hatch'

Jung Il Woo

Jung Il Woo is coming back!

According to J-One International, November 30 is the last day of Jung Il Woo's mandatory military service. The actor has been serving as a public service worker at a nursing home in Seocho-gu, Seoul. 

Jung Il Woo plans to immediately resume promotions through upcoming SBS drama 'Hatch'. The star was cast in the male leading role of king Lee Geum. Actress Go Ara will reportedly play the female lead. 'Hatch' is scheduled to air in February of 2019. 
  • Like 2