Jung Il Woo 정일우 -♥- We Love You, Oppa!

ilwoo_aein

1bdf62bb375542e3b50e4df1937d73c4.jpeg?s=

Jung Il Woo Talks About Military Experience And Thanks Fans For Continued Support

Jung Il Woo has expressed his feelings of gratitude to fans.

On November 30, Jung Il Woo was discharged from the military. The actor enlisted in December of 2016 and completed his mandatory service as a community service worker at a senior care center in Seocho District, where senior citizens who suffer from dementia and palsy are receiving treatment and care.

Spoiler

jung-il-woo.jpg

The actor was unable to enlist as an active duty soldier after being diagnosed with a cerebral aneurysm. While his diagnosis could have been grounds for exemption from compulsory enlistment, the actor expressed his determination to complete his service and began alternative military service.

Fans fervently greeted Jung Il Woo at the site of his discharge. In response, Jung Il Woo flashed them a bright smile. In front of fans and reporters, Jung Il Woo remarked, “I’m greeting you all after two years. For my alternate military service, I helped elderly people.”

He continued, “I think I’ve learned a lot, and [this experience] will be of great help to my acting life as well.”

jung-il-woo-3.jpg

In regards to his comeback project “Haechi,” a fusion sageuk drama inspired by the myth of Haechi, a guardian of justice, Jung Il Woo stated, “I will be starring in ‘Haechi.’ I was really itching to act all this time, and I thought a lot about wanting to work.” He will be acting alongside Go Ara and Kwon Yool in this new drama that will open the “second chapter of his life.”

To fans who’ve waited for Jung Il Woo during his two years of military service, he graciously commented, “I’m greeting you all after a long time. Thank you so much for coming.” After he finished answering questions, he shook hands with fans.

He also moved fans when he told them, “I’ll work hard so I can repay you all for your love.”

jung-il-woo-2-xpn-768x870.jpg

source

• Like 1

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/11/jung-il-woo-says-he-learned-a-lot-during-his-military-service

Jung Il Woo says he learned a lot during his military service

Actor Jung Il Woo has completed his mandatory military service. 

On November 30, Jung Il Woo officially completed his mandatory service as a public service worker. The actor served at the nursing home in Seocho since December 8, 2016. 

To the press gathered, Jung Il Woo flashed a warm smile and said, "I'm greeting you guys for the first time in 2 years." He continued, "I served for the elderly. It was a time of great learning as human Jung Il Woo. I also believe this experience will become a strong foundation to my acting career."

Jung Il Woo is scheduled to star in 'Hatch' alongside Go Ara and Kwon Yul. The new drama is set to air in February. 
  • Like 2

@irilight, thank you so much for sharing the video! All of us are so looking forward to see him back in action 

@hugo10, nice photos :heart:  I was actually there at Seocho senior care yesterday to see and greet him during the discharge event. He is so dashingly handsome :love: Really can't take my eyes off him :grin:

The whole experience was so surreal and mesmerising. I'm glad that I made the decision to travel 4,493km to see him person. 

• Like 3

On 12/3/2018 at 5:17 PM, hugo10 said:

'Promotion Ambassador of National Museum of Korea' appointment ceremony 3/12/2018

Reveal hidden contents

DteKHtpUUAAJxv1.jpg

DteKJSxV4AAxmHl.jpg

DteKKIuVAAEImN6.jpg

Hi hugo, thanks for sharing this + the pictures. Good to see JIW discharged from the military & welcome him back to my screen again soon. So NICE that he came back to his old body built. He looks so fine. So COOL that after some days of discharge, he was also appointed as the official public relations ambassador for the National Museum of Korea for two years. JIW is returning in time for the holiday season. :lol:

MORE -

20181203_1543821307_70145100_1.jpg?w=520

cr-Hellokpop

• Like 2

On 11/30/2018 at 4:28 PM, Jeannie Teo said:

I was actually there at Seocho senior care yesterday to see and greet him during the discharge event. He is so dashingly handsome :love: Really can't take my eyes off him :grin:

The whole experience was so surreal and mesmerising. I'm glad that I made the decision to travel 4,493km to see him person. 

I'm so happy that you were able to be there for him:heart: A little jealous too but it had to mean the world to him for his fans to greet him.

So nice to see him again

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hugo10 said:

Fan send coffee truck to "Haechi" film crew

Hi hugo, thanks for sharing the picture on the set. So, he's starting filming already. NICE to see this. Time flies so fast that he's indeed in the outside world now, doing the usual thing. :lol:

• Like 2

On 11/30/2018 at 1:28 PM, Jeannie Teo said:

I was actually there at Seocho senior care yesterday to see and greet him during the discharge event. He is so dashingly handsome :love: Really can't take my eyes off him :grin:

The whole experience was so surreal and mesmerising. I'm glad that I made the decision to travel 4,493km to see him person

@Jeannie Teo, oh... How wonderful.. So glad you took the chance to go there and see him in person...

The only other person here, who shared about seeing him in person is @ilwoo_aein.  (I think...)

@hugo10, @willenette - Thank you for the information and photos of  Jung Il Woo's  Promotion Ambassador of National Museum of Korea, appointment ceremony. I am very excited for him.

Here is a short Arirang piece about him.

[Showbiz Korea] Jung Il-woo, New Spokesmodel for National Museum

• Like 3