Swap/share Recipes

Guest papabear

Guest icecat_seoul

I made this yesterday. It's one of the quick dishes I can prepare on those lazy nights. It is not the authentic Japanese Sukiyaki which contains beef and fat. Hope you guys like it.

Sukiyaki.jpg

Vegetable Sukiyaki

Ingredients for 2 servings:

2 cups Korean King Oyster Mushrooms, sliced and cut into bit sizes.

1 cup of broccoli florets

1/2 carrot, peeled and cut into matchstick-size strips

5 leaves of nappa cabbage, cut into bit sizes

1 small onion, sliced thinly

100g of Korean Potato noodles or glass noodles(enough for 2 servings)

4 tablespoons of sauce soy

2 tablespoons of mirin

Some salt

Boil 4 cups of water with sauce soy, mirin and mushrooms and onion. Let it simmer for 5 mins. Add carrot, nappa cabbage and noodles. Let it simmer again until the noodles is soft and add broccoli. Season with some salt. Cook for another 1 min and remove from heat.

Divide the Sukiyaki into 2 large bowls. And eat till your heart's content without any calorie guilt!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest L.Li-style

Strawberry Cupid Drink:

Boiling water - 2 cups

Strawberry Jello package - 85 oz

Strawberry Ice cream - 2 cups

milk - 1 cup

ice cubes - 4

(blender also needed)

Boil water. Once you have the 2 cups of water, add the jello mixture in. Stir until dissolved. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Pour it in the blender and mix it for 1 minute on medium. Add 1/4 of ice cream and blend until smooth. Cotinue to only add 1/4 at a time, repeating the process. Add milk and ice cubes. Blend until smooth. Enjoy your drink~

Guest lovely gurl

i found this on a foodblog by florence

white chocolate mousse cake

WCSMSCake.jpg

Ingredients: (20cm springform pan)

2 pieces chiffon cake base

Click here for cake base recipe

A ) 450g strawberry

2 tbsp lemon juice

25g sugar

1 tbsp rum

Extra strawberry sliced and cubed (as much as you like)

Whole strawberry for garnish (optional)

B ) 350ml whipping cream

2 - 3 tbsp icing sugar

C ) 100g Lindt white chocolate or more

70ml whipping cream

D ) 15g gelatin

60ml hot water

Method:

1. Clean and hull the strawberries. Add in 25g sugar and 1 tbsp rum and let it sit for awhile. Puree them in a blender and put it through the strainer. You should get about 400ml strawberry puree. Stir in 2 tbsp of lemon juice.

2. Whip 350ml whipping cream with 2 - 3 tbsp icing sugar till mousse state.

3. Melt 100g chocolate in 70ml whipping cream.

4. Dissolve gelatin in hot water and stir this into the strawberry puree. Reserve 2 tbsp of this puree for the swirl effect (I reserve the puree before adding gelatin).

5. Add melted white chocolate into the strawberry puree.

6. Fold the strawberry chocolate mixture into the whipped cream.

7. Line the cake pan with a slice of the cake base, top it with half the puree. Add in the strawberry pieces. Press the fruits down gently if needed.

8. Top it with another layer of cake and pour the rest of the puree on it.

9. Spoon teaspoonful of the reserved puree onto the surface of the mousse on desired positions and swirl it with a toothpick to create the swirls.

10. Refrigerate for at least 3 - 4 hours then garnish with chocolate coated whole strawberries.

that looks really good

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ryskie

I know I posted this on the what did you bake today thread, but I thought I might as well ask here too haha:

General question, does anyone know how to make the crust of a cheesecake more consistent? My crust breaks back into crumbs quite easily... is it lack of butter? I was wondering, will it be better I mix the crumbs and melted butter together, apply more pression on the surface, and while the butter is still warm shove it in the freezer for a while? Because I want to take the crust out of the pan to decorate the cheesecake and I will need the crust to be quite harden to do that >.>;

To get your cheesecake crust to stay together, you could try brushing (with an actual brush) egg whites on to it. You'd have to let it dry before you added the filling thou.

If you froze the crust, it might just crumble again when it thaws. If you did the egg brushing then you wouldn't have to freeze it.

I've only got one easy recipe:

Crunchy Chicken Tenders

1 Large Egg (might need more than just one)

1 lb Chicken Tenders

4oz Baked Potato Chips finely crushed

¾ tsp Paprika

¼ tsp Salt

Heat oven to 450 degrees.

Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up and lightly coat with cooking spray.

Beat egg(s) until frothy in small bowl. Add tenders and coat using fork.

In another bowl, mix crushed chips, paprika, and salt.

Add tenders and toss to coat using fork. Place on prepared baking sheet.

Bake 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

It takes less than 10 minutes to make and about 10 minutes to bake. Even thou its simple, it's still really good.

Guest happyisbest

Potato soup for 2-3 - It's really easy! You should try it!!!

Ingredients:

3 potatoes (diced)

2-3 cups water

2 cups milk

3 tablespoon of plain flour

2 tablespoon butter

1 small onion (cut it into small pieces)

Sugar and pepper to taste

1. Wash the potatoes, dice them and boil for 30-40 minutes til you get a cup of soup and softened potatoes cubes.

2. In another saucepan, melt the butter and put in the onions. Cook till the onions turn slightly brown.

3. Put in the plain flour, you'll see the paste thickening.

4. Pour the potato soup, potatoes and milk into the saucepan.

5. Stir, add sugar and pepper to taste! Boil and taste while stirring!

Guest carrotcake

Crunchy Chicken Tenders

1 Large Egg (might need more than just one)

1 lb Chicken Tenders

4oz Baked Potato Chips finely crushed

¾ tsp Paprika

¼ tsp Salt

Heat oven to 450 degrees.

Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up and lightly coat with cooking spray.

Beat egg(s) until frothy in small bowl. Add tenders and coat using fork.

In another bowl, mix crushed chips, paprika, and salt.

Add tenders and toss to coat using fork. Place on prepared baking sheet.

Bake 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

It takes less than 10 minutes to make and about 10 minutes to bake. Even thou its simple, it's still really good.

Sorry, I'm a noob at cooking. Do we have to cook the chicken before we bake it?

Guest AgentDNA

Sorry, I'm a noob at cooking. Do we have to cook the chicken before we bake it?

I haven't tried this recipe nor am I good at cooking, but from Ryskie's post, it looks like the chicken doesn't have to be cooked before you bake it.

Read the next to last line:

"Bake 10 minutes or until chicken is COOKED through."

• 3 weeks later...
Guest predator

Strawberry Cupid Drink:

Boiling water - 2 cups

Strawberry Jello package - 85 oz

Strawberry Ice cream - 2 cups

milk - 1 cup

ice cubes - 4

(blender also needed)

Boil water. Once you have the 2 cups of water, add the jello mixture in. Stir until dissolved. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Pour it in the blender and mix it for 1 minute on medium. Add 1/4 of ice cream and blend until smooth. Cotinue to only add 1/4 at a time, repeating the process. Add milk and ice cubes. Blend until smooth. Enjoy your drink~

thanks i'll try this =]

geez. this thread is making my stomach ROAR~

Guest superyunji

Nutella Frosted Cupcakes

10 tbsp(140 grams) butter, softened

3/4 cup white sugar

3 eggs

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 3/4 cups (200 grams) sifted flour

1/4 tsp salt

2 tsp baking powder

Nutella, approx. 1/3 cup

Preheat oven to 325F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.

Cream together butter and sugar until light, 2 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Don't worry if the batter doesn't look smooth. Add vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.

Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter. They should be 3/4 full, if you're not using a scoop. Top each cake with 1 1/2 tsp Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the nutella.

Bake for 20 minutes.

Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 12.

I dunno where I got this (disclaimer: it's not mine!), but this recipe is really good and simple.

I recommend eating it while it's still warm though, 'cause the Nutella is still nice and melty. ^^

Enjoy~

Fruit Cooler

[my modified version of Better Home and Gardens' "Double-Berry Cooler"]

2 envelopes unflavored gelatin

4 cups white grape and peach juice or ginger ale

1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)

1/2 cup granulated sugar

The original recipe calls for 2 cups of blueberries and/or blackberries and 2 cups small whole strawberries, halved.

If you want to use my modified version, I just toss in a small bowlful of assorted bite-sized pieces of fruit (peaches, pineapple, whatever). I don't recommend using fruits like apples and bananas because the texture is a little weird to accompany with jello. But y'know, whatever floats your boat.

Directions:

1. In a medium saucepan, stir together gelatin, sugar, and 1 cup of the juice or ginger ale. Cook over low/medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until the gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat. Slowly stir in remaining juice or ginger ale and lemon juice (if you want.. I think it's supposed to keep the fruit fresh/make sure the colors of the fruits don't mix). Pour the ale slowly so it doesn't fizz.

2. The original recipe says to mix half the gelatin mixture and blackberries and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set and then doing the same with the strawberries (on top of the blackberries) until gelatin sets. This will give you a double-layered effect.

I just toss in all my fruits at once (I like having them all mixed in) and pour all of the gelatin in a glass bowl or straight-sided container big enough to hold everything. ;D

3. If using my method, cover and refrigerate the whole thing for oh, say 4-5 hours or until gelatin sets.

You can serve with some whipped cream if you want to.

Makes 8-10 side-dish servings.

Awesome recipes.~~

• 4 weeks later...
Guest KenG69

By request, here is how I prepared the pan roasted salmon. Basically you pan sear the bottom 2/3, then broil the top 1/3.

BTW, this works best if you use WILD-CAUGHT salmon, and not that color added farm raised stuff you see at most supermarkets. Start with superior ingredients, end up with superior results.

When working with raw meats, these disposable vinyl gloves are very handy; you can find em in the Korean markets because they use them to mix Kimchi.

2006_0829Image0004.jpg

Anyways, my idea was to marinate the salmon 2-3hrs. in the following mixture:

High grade Japanese soy sauce (I use Kikkoman Maroyaka) *** EDIT - try around 1tsp to start ****

Mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine) **** maybe 1/2 cup? ****

Sugar (I use Demarara unrefined sugar)

Blk pepper (fresh cracked)

Toasted sesame oil (I use Kadoya or Maruhon)

2005_0507Image0010.jpg

2006_0829Image0012.jpg

Look at the color of that fish; deep rich color and full of healthy oils. There were a few bones (visible in the pic) that I removed with a set of mini stainless pliers, you could do this AFTER the fish is cooked.

2006_0829Image0008.jpg

2006_0829Image0013.jpg

I actually marinated it SKIN SIDE UP so that the meat would absorb more flavor. To cook, I used my trusty stainless pan and heated it to medium-high heat, then seared with the SKIN SIDE DOWN. Cooked approx. 4-5 mins until the bottom 2/3rds turned light orange.

2006_0829Image0021.jpg

To cook the top side, I added a dusting of CharCrust rub and placed the entire pan in my oven with the broiler set @ MAX. I raised my pan as high as I could get to the heating element, this gives me the closest thing to a Salamander. After about 3 mins., I check on the fish and apply some honey-balsamic glaze and broil for another 1-2 mins. If you don't have balsamic glaze, you could take 1 part balsamic vinegar to 2 parts honey and try that.

Serve with some fresh baby dill.

DSCF0958.jpg

DSCF0963.jpg

DSCF0962.jpg

DSCF0967.jpg

DSCF0970.jpg

does anyone know how to make donkatsu?

eh. usually i just marinate the meat with light sauce.

then dip the meat into beated egg before coating it with bread crumbs.

leave the breadcrumbed meat in the fridge for about 30 minutes or so.

then you can deep fry it. real simple.

Guest ilovetakeshi

OMG KenG69, your salmon is awesome! Thanks for the recipe!

i found this on a foodblog by florence

white chocolate mousse cake

Hey, could you tell us the link for this florence site please? The cake looks delish! :)

Guest KenG69

more salmon pics:

DSCF0985.jpg

DSCF1393.jpg

DSCF1400.jpg

this is an excellent side dish that is easy to make; just take a few Yukon Gold potatoes (peeled) and boil them for 8-10 mins, then toss them (WHILE HOT) with some olive oil, sea salt, pepper, dill, lemon zest and a tiny bit of lemon juice

DSCF1269.jpg

DSCF1142.jpg

Guest dori_x

more salmon pics:

DSCF0985.jpg

DSCF1393.jpg

DSCF1400.jpg

this is an excellent side dish that is easy to make; just take a few Yukon Gold potatoes (peeled) and boil them for 8-10 mins, then toss them (WHILE HOT) with some olive oil, sea salt, pepper, dill, lemon zest and a tiny bit of lemon juice

DSCF1269.jpg

DSCF1142.jpg

wow..you can cook T_T...im still learning but they looks delicious *drools* ><

Guest Hysteric_C

Does anybody have recipes/recipe sites for various Asian-styled 'sticky' desserts? ^___^ (etc. Mochi, rice cakes)

Archived