Swap/share Recipes

Guest papabear

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest koumi

Does anyone have the recipes to Korean Dessert Spicy Rice Cake?

http://www.xanga.com/koreancooking

has the ddukbokki recipe aka spicy rice cake but it's not korean dessert. oO it's sort of like meal.

Anyone has the recipe for makin ramen noodle?? Those noddle in the drama GLASS SLIPPERS that the two sisters liked to eat so much?

do you mean jja jang myun? the noodles w/ black bean sauce then go to the link above.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sugarcakes

any recipe for diet salad??

most salads are low in fat and carbs already. it's the dressing that often makes the difference. creamy stuff like ranh, blue cheese, caesar etc etc is what's fattening.

here are two salads + dressing that i make often. it taste great and it is very light!

half of romane lettuce (you can buy them by the bag or a whole. but you only need half for this)

3 cups of baby spinach. raw is ok, but if you want it even lighter, run it through hot water first, let it cool

2 tomatos. cut it in ediable chunks

1/2 cup of black beans

1 cup of skinless chicken chunks (cooked and pre-cut, available at grocery store every where)

2 egg white

toss it together

the dressing:

2 tbsp of soy sauce

1 tbsp of sugar

1 tbsp of sesame oil

1 1/2 tbsp of red wine vingar

just a dollop of hosin or fish sauce

a little bit of chopped cilantro

1/2 of lemon juice

mix it well. pour over salad and enjoy

-----------------

1/2 avacado cut in small pieces

romaine lettuce (1/2 bag)

3 cup of chunky salsa

1/2 cup of corn

1/2 cup of black beans

1 cup of jicama

toss it all together and enjoy :)

Guest ovaltinejenkins

Avocado Shake

1/2 avocado

1 1/2 cups milk

1/2 cup ice

3 tablespoons sugar

1. Add all ingredients into a blender and blend on high for about a minute.

2. Enjoy!

im drinking it now!! its so good :D

Guest Rebecca

As for the rice krispie treats, they're super easy- there's only three ingredients (plus nonstick spray) and the whole process shouldn't take more than about 20 minutes start to finish. Actually, if you buy the real "Rice Krispies" cereal, I'm pretty sure they print the recipe on the box. Of course, it works just as well for the store brand.

Start by greasing a 9in X 13in pan- you can use butter or non-stick spray.

Next, melt:

3 Tablespoons butter

in a large saucepan over low heat.

Add:

4 cups mini marshmallows

and stir till melted.

Remove from heat. Stir in

6 cups rice krispies,

then quickly spread the mixture into the pan. You'll probably need to shape it a little with your hands or a greased spatula to get it into the corners and make the top flat. Wait until the mixture is firm, then cut it into squares.

I made a smaller batch last weekend, using a 9in X 9in pan and cutting all the ingredients in half. I think I had forgotten how yummy they are. Anyway, I hope it helps. Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

can i ask something....

im looking for a .... i dunt know the exact name of it... it has Boki in the name.

it's basically sticky rice in a long shape...

if anyone seen "GONG", the girls eat that after school.

Anyone know where I can find that???

Also, I always see in drama, they eat ramen... looks so nice...

I've tried to buy it here, but i'ts never that thin... the one in da drama looks really thin, like egg noodles...

but in da supermarket, they all thick noodles...

do you know which brand would be for those thin ramen they eat in drama???

thanks for ur help! ^_^

Guest koumi

can i ask something....

im looking for a .... i dunt know the exact name of it... it has Boki in the name.

it's basically sticky rice in a long shape...

if anyone seen "GONG", the girls eat that after school.

Anyone know where I can find that???

Also, I always see in drama, they eat ramen... looks so nice...

I've tried to buy it here, but i'ts never that thin... the one in da drama looks really thin, like egg noodles...

but in da supermarket, they all thick noodles...

do you know which brand would be for those thin ramen they eat in drama???

thanks for ur help! ^_^

the ramen they ate is shin ramen ^^ you can find it at any korean supermarket and few other stores carries it as well.

for the recipe for ddukbokki aka spicy rice cake, just go to www.xanga.com/koreancooking

• 2 weeks later...
Guest huotari

Here's a bread recipe for anyone interested... Its a Finnish coffee bread called 'Pulla'. It has a sweet taste, and great to just snack on or to share while having coffee/tea etc.

pulla.jpg

1/2 x To 3/4 cup warm water

4 tbl Sugar

1 pkt Active dry yeast

2 x Eggs

2 3/4 cup All-purpose flour

1/4 cup Cold butter or margarine, cut into 4 pieces

1 tsp Salt

1/2 tsp Ground cardamom <-- or you can use cinnamon.

Also, you can use vanilla too, just 1 tsp. My Mummo loves to use raisins, almonds, poppy seeds or sesame seeds on the top too.

Makes 1 loaf

Crushed sugar cubes, pearl sugar and/or sliced almonds

Combine 1/4 cup of the water, 1 tablespoon of the sugar and yeast. Stir to dissolve yeast and let stand until bubbly, about 5 minutes. Add 1 egg and stir until blended.

Fit processor with steel blade. Measure flour, butter, remaining 3 tablespoons of the sugar, salt and cardamom into work bowl. Process until mixed, about 15 seconds.

Add yeast mixture to flour mixture. Process until blended, about 10 seconds.

Turn on processor and very slowly drizzle just enough remaining water through feed tube into flour mixture so dough forms a ball that cleans sides of the bowl. Process until ball turns around bowl about 25 times.

Turn off processor and let dough stand 1 to 2 minutes.

Turn on processor and gradually drizzle in enough remaining water to make dough soft, smooth and satiny but not sticky. Process until dough turns around bowl about 15 times.

Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Shape into ball and place in lightly greased bowl, turning to grease all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in warm place until coubled, about 1 hour.

Punch down dough. Divide dough into 3 equal parts. Shape each part into 18-inch strand. Braid strands together and place on greased cookie sheet.

Tuck ends under and pinch to seal. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let stand in war place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Heat oven to 375 F. Beat remaining egg with fork. Brush egg over braid.

Sprinkle with sugar and/or almonds.

Bake until loaf is evenly brown, 20 - 25 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest A Beautiful Struggle

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

BLUEBERRY PUDDING CAKE

SERVES 6 TO 8 (BREAKFAST OR DESSERT)

Active time: 15 min Start to finish: 50 min

1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup water

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1 teaspoon cornstarch

10 oz blueberries (2 cups) - I use just a tinsey bit less

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 large egg

1/2 cup whole milk - I try to avoid using Deans; I instead use Oberweis milk

1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter,

____melted and cooled slightly

1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.

2. Stir together 1/3 cup sugar with water, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a small saucepan, then stir in blueberries. Bring to a simmer, then simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Remove from heat.

3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a medium bowl.

3.5. Whisk together egg, milk, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl, then add flour mixture, whisking until just combined.

4. Spoon batter into backing pan, spreading evenly, then pour blueberry mixture evenly over batter (berries will sink). ** It is important to spread the blueberries evenly. Or else you will get an uneven blueberry to flour ratio. Unless you really really like blueberries. :) Bake until a knife inserted into center of cake portion comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack 5 minutes.

Cooks' note:

Cake can be made 1 day ahead and cooled completely, uncovered, then kept, wrapped well in foil, at room temperature.

Guest coolieever

i know how to make fried ice cream!!!

ingredients:

ice cream (obviously...)

cinnamon and sugar

corn flakes

1. roll the ice cream into a ball

2. wrap them in plastic wrap

3. put them into the freezer for 1-3 hours (more or less, it depends how melted it was when you rolled it into a ball) just wait untill it isnt mushy and gross...

4. take them out of the freezewr, take off the plastic wrap, and roll them in cinnamon and sugar.... then you wrap them up and put them in the freezer again...

5. take them out, unwrap them, and roll them in crushed corn flakes...

6. if you must, put them in the freezer for awhile

7. take off the plastic wrap and put them in the fryer for about 10 seconds...

8. enjoy =D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest supermonkey

Someone requested recipe for sponge cake~ so here it is =] it a recipe my mum used.. the cakes it makes are pretty big.. approx 25cm wide by15cm high (smaller tins for smaller cakes)

sponge_cake_slice.jpg

ingredients:- 6 eggs seperate whites and yolks

- 80gm white sugar

- Cream of tatar 1/2 ts

- 170gm Self raising flour

- 2/5 cup vegetable oil

- 1/2 cup milk

- Melted butter - optional. DO not add if you are weight concious =]

Other needs- Electric beater (hand beating is not recommended.. your cake may turn out very flat)

- 2 large mixing bowls - oil the base and sides up)

- measuring equipment

- wooden spoon

- the white ... scraping tool (sorry, i forgot its name)

Method:

1- Preheat oven to 180deg

2- Beat egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar for 5mins/until white and fluffy and and leave fridge for later use

3 - Beat egg yolk, gradally add sugar, milk, oil, and (butter optional )and flour. Mix well.

4 - Add egg-white ingredients to egg yolk ingredients. Hand Fold gently using wooden spoon without changing direction of stiring.Try to allow as much air as possible into mixture for more fluffyness

WHEN POURING BATCH INTO TIN, pour like this

sponge%20cake%20split6.jpg.JPG

do not try to even it up in the tin by moving the tin about, it will cause the cake to lose its fluffyness.

5. Pour mixture into the cake tins and bake for 30mins. WATCH FOR BURNING, when golden brown or toothpick

6 - After baking, remove cake from oven and place tin upside down and leave to cool.- this allows the cake to stay fluffy--- (if ur cake is higher than the brim of the tin, try to find something to prevent the cake from getting squashed.)

7 - When cool, use a knife to remove the cake from the tin by scraping the inside edges.

8 - Serve as it is or if you want to decorate... add wiped cream, fruits or powdered sugar to your fancy.

illustrated instructions avaliable here:

http://www.leisure-cat.com/frm_1358.htm

sorry for the typos i have missed correcting

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DUCKIE VUE

i don't know what its called but i saw it on the Drama " Full House " where the gurl was mixing all these stuff together ( i think is was rice and dunno the rest ) in a bowl and when she left Bi was eating it and when she came back Bi choke on it ...

anyone know whats it's call and have the recipe for it ...

Guest Ladyhawke

Do any of you guys have a recipe of a Strawberry Cake ? Thanks ! = D

cakes132zs.jpg

INGREDIENTS:

Cake

* 1 package white cake mix

* 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry-flavored gelatin powder

* 1 cup vegetable oil

* 4 eggs, lightly beaten

* 1/4 cup water

* 3/4 cup mashed strawberries

Icing

* Strawberry Icing

* 1/2 cup butter

* 1 pound confectioners' sugar

* 1/4 cup mashed strawberries

How to make the cake:

Combine cake mix and gelatin powder in a large bowl. Beat in oil, eggs, water, and strawberries. Pour into 2 9-inch round greased and floured cake pans. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool and frost with strawberry icing.

How to make icing:

For icing, beat the butter and confectioners' sugar together until smooth. Add strawberries. Spread between cake layers, then frost top and sides. You can decorate with strawberries. If you want you could add other types of fruit like sliced kiwi or blueberries.

Guest Ladyhawke

does anyone know any good chocolate recipes that don't take too long to cook, like truffles and stuff?

The best chocolate to use for cooking is Ghiradelli IMHO. You could also use Nestle or Hershey products.

Ghiradelli Recipes

recipeimage10153hy.jpg

Chocolate Truffles

Yield: 30 Truffles

* 2 cup(s) Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips (formerly Double Chocolate)

* 1/3 cup(s) Ghiradelli Unsweetened Cocoa

* 1/3 cup(s) heavy whipping cream

* 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces

Directions

In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer. Remove from heat, and stir in the chocolate and butter. In a medium-sized skillet, bring 1/2" water to a slow simmer. Set the saucepan in the skillet over low heat. Stir mixture just until the chocolate has completely melted. Remove from heat. Pour the chocolate mixture into a shallow bowl. Cool, cover and refrigerate until firm, at least two hours. Pour the cocoa coating into a pie plate.

Line an airtight container with waxed paper. Dip melon baller or small spoon into a glass of warm water and quickly scrape across the surface of the chilled mixture to form a rough 1" ball. Drop the ball into the cocoa coating. Repeat with the remaining truffle mixture. Gently shake the pie plate to coat the truffles evenly. Transfer truffles to the prepared container, separating layers with additional waxed paper. Cover tightly and refrigerate up to 2 weeks, or freeze up to 3 months.

Note: Unsweetened Cocoa can be replaced with 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds or pecans

Nestle Very Best Baking

Hershey Kitchens - Recipes

Anyone have recipe for Sushi??

Maki Recipe

Sushi Making Demos

Making Nigiri

Guest Ladyhawke

Does anyone know of a good recipe for thin, crunchy cookies? :)

If you want Korean-Style Think Cookies, try this recipe offered by the Korea Times:

maejagwa9rx.jpg

Maejagwa (Thin Cookies)

This recipe is based on 'Lee Wade's Korean Cookery,' edited by Joan Rutt and Sandra Mattielli and available at most major bookstores. - ED.

Ingredients

Two cups of flour (preferably glutinous rice flour), 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of rice wine, oil for frying, 1/2 cup of honey, and 1/4 cup finely ground pine nuts

Instructions

1. Mix the flour, sugar and wine in a bowl to form dough. Then, thoroughly knead the dough mix.

2. Roll the dough 1/8” thick. Then, cut it into rectangles measuring 1” X 1 3/4.” Cut three slits in each piece and twist one end through the middle slit.

3. Deep-fry in oil at approximately 350 F until light brown. Remove from oil and, while still hot, dip in the honey before sprinkling with finely ground pine nuts.

(These can also be made as flat cakes, kangong, either round or square. They are often tinted when served at parties.)

-KIM HEE-SUN

or

THIN SUGAR COOKIES

2 sticks butter (1 c.)

1 c. sugar

1 egg

2 tsp. vanilla

2 c. sifted flour

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. cream of tartar

1/4 tsp. salt

Cream butter. Add sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix until light and creamy. Sift flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar together. Gradually blend into butter mixture. Chill dough.

Roll into small balls and press balls down with your fingers (dip your finger in flour). Put on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until brown around the edges. Makes 4-5 dozen.

Credit: Cooks.com

You could also invest in a Pizelle maker. This maker makes thin, stenciled Italian style cookies.

pizellens8re.jpg

Archived