Mars

Guest hecate

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kuchiki_byakuya

So anyone know what Zai Zai's working on lately???? (besides Silence)

he'll be working on his third album after silence.... thats what his manager said...

Guest iSayOink

Hahaha~ My friend came home from work last night and she was like screaming when she saw something on the floor of her door and it was MARS!

"I stared at the package then i saw Vic's hotttt face staring at me. OMG, HE LOOKS SO HOT WITH ORANGE HAIR."

:lol: that was wat she said. hahaha~ I still like him with shorter hair... good thing that was just a wiggie

Guest kuchiki_byakuya

[11/11] Da S, ZaiZai will not attend the Golden Bell Awards

Avoiding awkwardness? Da S, ZaiZai, Lan Zheng Long will not attend the Golden Bell Awards

Reporters Yang Qi Feng, Yeh Yi Xin/ Reporting from Taipei

The awarding ceremonies for the Golden Bell Awards and the Golden Horse Awards are sepearated by only a day. Besides the fierce competition between the casting of the show's respective hosts, the invited guests also intentionally chose to attend only one and not the other. The list of artists invited by organizers ETTV (for Golden Bell) and Azio (for Golden Horse) had a very clear demarcation line. The artists also "choosing a side". For example, Lan Zheng Long's TV drama "Huo Xian Ren Wu" is nominated this year for Best Selling Drama as well as the audiences' poll awards (in the Golden Bell Awards), but he chose to attend the Golden Horse Awards ceremony with his leading lady in his movie "The Lovers", Li Kang Yi.

All the nominees in the Golden Bell Awards' "People's Choice Most Popular Drama" (by poll) are popular idol dramas. But what a coincidence, Da S and her former and present boyfriends Lan Zheng Long and "ZaiZai" Zhou Yu Min will all not attend, using work as their reason, ingeniously avoiding the awkwardness that might come from the possibility of them on the red carpet at the same time.

The call for the Da S-ZaiZai starrer "Mars" to win the award is very high. The people are also anticipating the sight of the two, who are currently in the midst of a passionate romantic relationship, walking the red carpet together hand in hand. But Da S expressed through her manager Chen Yi Ling that Da S didn't receive an invite, she also has work that night and cannot attend. ZaiZai, meanwhile, is filming "Shen Qing Mi Ma". His manager said, ZaiZai still has to rush the filming, he wouldn't have the chance to attend the Golden Bell Awards.

Lan Zheng Long, presently in Shanghai filming "Yong Yuan De Ming Ji", is going to fly back to Taiwan specially to attend the Golden Horse Awards for his movie "The Lovers", but he also starred in "Huo Xian Ren Wu" which was also nominated for the "Most Popular Drama" in the Golden Bell Awards. His manager Billy said, his schedule is too tight, he won't be attending the Golden Bell Awards. Zhang Xiao Chuan, the other lead actor in "Huo Xian Ren Wu" is currently serving his military service, leaving only Ah-Pang and An Yi Xuan to hold the fort.

The other nominees in the "Most Popular Drama" are "Ge Dou Tian Wang", "The Outsiders 2", and "The Love Contract". But the three dramas put together only has three stars attending - Luo Zhi Xiang, Guo Pin Chao and He Jun Xiang. Although "Ge Dou Tian Wang" got high ratings, Sweety and 5566's Sun Xie Zhi and Wang Ren Fu have no plans of attending the Golden Bell Awards. Sweety will go to China for an activity.

3001475-1229396.jpg

(from left) ZaiZai, Da S will not attend the Golden Bell Awards.

【2005/11/11 ~ Lian He Bao】

Translated by grendel of www.vicpower.net

Guest kuchiki_byakuya

hmm i know someone who sells vcds of MARS with english subs... just PM me for on how to contact her.

if you guys are finding it hard to download it.

FYI. it's a bootleg copy.. there are no officially released dvd/vcd copies of mars yet that has english subs

YATTTTTAAAA!!!!!

MARS WON MOST POPULAR DRAMA IN GOLDEN AWARDS

SUGOI NE!!! OMEDETOU! OMEDETOU GOZAIMASU! :D

List of WINNERS: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/2005-11-12/2139894593.html

Thanks to grendel of Vicpower for telling me :D

~~~~~~~~CONGRATULATIONS TO MARS and ZaiZai and Da S~~~~~~~

Yes...i'm so happy that MARS won the Most Popular Drama of the Yr!!!!!

When the nominations was out, there's so much conflicts news against MARS and the acting in the drama...but turns out it was a great result in the end. THis drama totally deserved to win. It was really the best drama in TW in 2004. No other dramas were as great as MARS last yr. ONLY MARS!!!!!!!

Cheers to the MARS fans~~~~~ ^_^:lol::wub:

Guest kuchiki_byakuya

20051022 Junon Faryu Star Now

fm5dle.jpgfm5dsn.jpg

Translation

Inside the bubble:

First time ever published!

Discovered with photos and testimonies

The article

Vic showed his smiles and surprisingly competitive spirits at the Mars Japan filming location

Vic was kind to the fans and also left the staff with a good impression

The racing scenes in the TV drama series Mars were shot with an intensity which makes you tense up and feel like you were present on the scene. The climax of the first half occurring in the 6th and 7th episodes, the all Japan road race for qualification, and the World Grand Prix scenes in the last episode were shot last year from March 3 to March 10 at the Sugo Sportsland in Sendai.

On the appointed day, unexpectedly the place was hit by a big snowstorm; Vic was also astonished by it. There were 300 fans from around the country to participate in the shooting, acting as extras, but the shooting was most likely to be delayed because of the snowstorm. To show his appreciation to the waiting fans, he went near them and said in Japanese, "It is very cold, isn't it?" When he moved, he deliberately walked through the fans. By nature, he is a person considering of others. Instantly, the staff had a good impression of him.

According to the staffs of Yamaha and Tetsu Tec who did the support work for the racing scenes, Vic was tremendously popular but he didn't act like a star. At the beginning, because of the language barriers, he gave people the impression of being quiet. He looked very cute when he laughed. He was not only like a mischievous kid, but was also very playful.

For instance, he rode heavy bikes used for racing in actual shooting, but he favored a scooter, Yamaha Vino, which was used specifically for moving around the huge circuits. When he was not filmed, he would rode the scooter cruising around There were two such scooters, he liked to ride the bright green Vino, which in no time was reserved for Vic's personal use.

During shooting the beginning of the race, when he was not filmed, he appeared calmly riding the Vino following those riders on racing bikes. Even though he wasn't being filmed by the cameras, he was definitely one of the riders.

"It really looked like a lot of fun."

When told of this by people, he looked exactly like a mischievous kid.

fmqfww.jpg

The beginning of the race. An electric fan was place ahead for shooting the scene of charging forward, cutting into the wind.

Cont'd... [Jap Mag Translation] Junon Faryu Star Now

Slightly tipsy and in high spirits at the wrap-up party

As for involvement with motorcycles, Vic had already obtained his heavy-weight bike license before the shooting started. From the experts' eyes, his riding postures were standard. He knew how to bend his knees appropriately and roll his g wrists, etc. He also caught up really fast and was praised, "He has got very good motor skills!"

While shooting for the TV series, they also taped for a variety show on some of the days. The person representing Japan and taping the show together with him was the Japanese bike racer, Norick Abe.

"Vic looked to have already practiced in Taiwan, he could ride a bike. To ride a bike, the first thing is to have a feel for balancing. After that, you must conquer the fear from exposing your body directly against the wind. He easily passed those areas and didn't need any special instructions."

He's got certified by a pro.

"One time we measured the time of riding on a gravel rode to check how big the difference between him and I. At first Vic thought it was just a practice and didn't exert himself. But actually the camera was rolling, it was the real thing. "Isn't this a practice? One more time. One more time." So, we re-shot it. He was very serious about it. He hated to lose."

Is that right? Vic, considered as an artist among those with soothing and healing effects, was found to be surprisingly competitive.

At the end of the last day of filming, when the staff gave us a present of enlarged photos taken by digital cameras, it was like staring at the memories of the past several days.

By the way, Vic was dressed in T-shirt at the wrap-up party. He was in high spirits. He was slight tipsy from drinking wine and showed his faces at rooms of various groups, taking pictures furiously with arms around each other, bodies huddled together.

Looking at him making merry in an innocent way, he was different than Lei in Meteor Garden and Ling and Sheng in Mars. You felt he was just like a modern-day candid 22-year-old (at the time of filming) boy whom you can normally spot anywhere.

fnbehd.jpg

A photo of Vic, Barbi, and Norick. When she wasn't filmed, Barbie went shopping.

fnbeja.jpg

The Taiwan staff wrote the two Chinese characters of Mars, Zhan Shen (戦神), on the accumulated snow. Each Chinese character had a length of 10 meters on each side.

fnbeoz.jpg

Very serious and really competitive.

-End of translation-

Sourc: cocochan

English translation: laiou2002 (www.vicpower.net)

---

SCANS OF THE MAG.

CLICK ON THUMBNAILS FOR BIGGER VERSIOn

Behind-the-scene stories at Mars filming location: Sendai, Japan

fm5dle7xw.th.jpgfm5dsn9hb.th.jpg

Mars: introduction, relations chart, 20-episode synopsis, dialogues

fm6g5y1ox.th.jpgfm6hhs0ow.th.jpg

fm6hpy3si.th.jpgfm6i404to.th.jpg

----

continued... click thumbnail for larger version...

fm6idh1ht.th.jpgfm6ij69wa.th.jpg

fm6ioj4cz.th.jpgfm6irc8mm.th.jpg

Mars original soundtrack

fm6ix52gk.th.jpg

XiaoXiu and Megan Lai interview and inside scoops

mars10mg.th.jpgmars23tt.th.jpgmars35mz.th.jpgmars40kf.th.jpgmars56gn.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kuchiki_byakuya

20051022 Junon Faryu Star Now

Translation of dialog with Xiaoxiu and Megan

fxfl9g.jpgfm5e3c.jpg

Special Dialog

Conducted locally on site in Taipei

Behind the Scenes of Mars

We tell you all.

Meet once again with Mars's Daye and Qingmei!

And have a dialog with them here!

From filming anecdotes to such things as secret stories happened during intervals between filming sessions, and what Zaizai was like when he was off work.

They’ll tell you interesting stories, in contrast to the drama’s deep-thinking contents.

Here are loads of inside scoops directly from the two of them!

==========================

Intensive dash to start

"We, Zaizai, and DaS spent a month taking acting lessons, starting with building teamwork among the four people." (Megan)

"At the beginning we were shy but we soon got along really well." (Xiaoxiu)

fodp1c.jpg

Megan arrived at the cafe where we had an appointment. On that day she wore something like a one-piece dress. She was so gorgeous that instantly the shop was brightened up by several hundreds of watts. She caught the eyes of everyone present.

Xiu arrived a little bit afterwards. "About you, what should we call you?" When asked of this, "Xiaoxiu would be good enough! All my friends call me that. Please tell people in Japan to call me that." he replied shyly and sent his greeting.

It was the first time I met Zaizai, but we soon hit it off with each other!

Q1. You two haven't seen each other quite a while, have you?

Xiaoxiu: It's been about 3 to 4 months, hasn't it?

Megan: It's been quite a while. We got along really well during the time we filmed, didn't we?

Xiaoxiu: When we don't see each other, we always keep in touch by chatting. We were really on good terms (Laugh).

Q2: Mars is adapted from a comic series, when did you two read the comic series?

Xiaoxiu: I read two months before the filming started. At first, it was relaxing since it was about the comical side of college life, but gradually, piece by piece, the heavy stuff started to appear. I had to read and reflect on what I read at the same time

Megan: I borrowed the comic series from the office when it was decided that I would act the role of Qingmei. I felt it was a little bit serious. While I read on, I felt the story itself had good intentions and was also humorous. By acting a role in Mars, I hoped to have positive impacts on various people.

Q3. Mr. Liu Liang Zuo who acted the role of Mr. Li Chuan is a veteran actor, isn't he?

Megan: Yes. Before the filming was started, the four of us - Zaizai, DaS, Xiaoxiu, and I - received one month of acting instructions under his supervision.

Xiaoxiu: In order to have the four of us knowing each other better and getting along, we started taking lessons under Mr. Liu's supervision. First, we started on improving the relationship among the four of us. Director Cai had instructed that the filming wouldn't start until we got to know one another more closely. We did some games. They were acting games, such as how to act like rich people (Laugh). After that, we worked on how to act out our roles.

Megan: As a matter of fact, there wasn't much time left before the filming started. In order to get into our roles quickly, Mr. Liu had us write autobiographies for our respective roles. I wrote Qingmei's; Zaizai wrote Ling's and Sheng's. We then presented our autobiographies in front of others. We would discuss and say, "Here, isn't it like this?

folpqp.jpg

Xiaoxiu: Moreover, we had to talk about how to get into our own individual roles. After that, he asked us each to consider the gestures and behaviors of our respective roles. For example, we would be assigned with themes such as "When you drink water, how would you do it?" We had to get into the mental states of our roles such as Daye and Ling and performed it.

Megan: Because we all thought Mars was very important, we worked very hard for those lessons. So the relationships among us had become really close, which helped make our acting easier.

Q4. Megan, haven't you been continuing working with Zaizai in works such as MV, 'Meteor Garden II,' and Mars? Shouldn't you have already gotten very well?

Megan: As a matter of fact, in MV and those TV series up until then, I didn't communicate with Zaizai. Why was that so? The MV was set up with Zaizai having unrequited love for me. In 'Meteor Garden II,' I worshiped and longed for Hua Zelei. "Yeah, I know him as a senior - F4's Hua Zelei!" That's how I felt (Laugh). But we were told in Mr. Liu's lessons that it was important for us to cooperate with each other. And then, the most important thing we were taught was to use eyes to express emotions. Mr. Liu instructed us many, many times, "Try to use your eyes to express love!"

Q5: Xiaoxiu, was it the first time you costarred with Zaizai?

Xiaoxiu: The first time I met Zaizai was in Mr. Liu's class. At first, we were both shy. Zaizai is also shy of strangers. But we're close in age, once we started talking a little bit, we immediately hit it off. On top of that, we became noisy once we got familiar with each other. So, we were often told on the filming sets, "Zaizai and Xiaoxiu, you're too noisy! Be quiet!" I miss when we first met.

ftn5sw.jpgftn5us.jpg

Q6: In the first episode, Ling dodged the eraser the teacher threw at him, so Daye got hit. It was not included in the original manga.

Xiaoxiu: No, it wasn't. Moreover, because the eraser missed and didn't exactly hit me, it had to be retaken many times. It was a cut involved the whole class; the teacher threw the eraser, and then the photographer shot a close up of my eyes. Yes, it was retaken many times (Laugh). To be precise, it was shot about 7 - 8 times.

Megan: It was a disaster, wasn't it?

Xiaoxiu: Indeed (Laugh). The powder covered the eraser was wheat powder. When the scene was retaken, the first thing was to brush off as much as possible the powders stuck onto my hair, using a dry towel to shake them off my hair (Laugh). In the scene, Zaizai was sitting at the seat in front of me. During the 7-8 times of retaking, never once was Zaizai hit. He was really nimble (Laugh). In the end, it took about 6 hours to shoot the scene. Finally the director okayed it. So, the expression you see wasn't acting at all, it was exactly how I looked at the time (Laugh).

Q7: Up to about the 3rd episode, Qingme has been a bigger bully to Qiluo than what has been depicted in the manga. Did you have some sort of lingering feelings after filming it?

Megan: I was under pressure when I read the script of the role I acted. It is because I respect DaS a great deal. She also has much more seniority than I. I was very nervous. DaS said to me, "It's okay! This is just a drama, don't need to be concerned. Do it with all your strength!" Even she had said so, I still felt miserable.

Xiaoxiu: Nevertheless, your image looked strong!

Megan: Thank you very much. It was a drama, I had to portray like that.

Middle part with engine running full force

"The beers we drank during filming were all real stuff.

We got drunk and were in high spirits." (Xiaoxiu)

"Zaizai on the circuits was way too cool. I was impressed." (Megan)

ftzmgn.jpg

Q8: In the 3rd episode, Qingmei lurks at Ling's apartment waiting for him. What she gets from Ling is, "I'm going out with 8 people at the same time. You're just one of them." Qingmei looks so painful at the time when she is rejected so bluntly and coldly.

Megan: Since before the scene was shot, I had got myself into Qingmei's mood. Even now I still feel like crying. First, it was a close up of Zaizai's face, I almost cried at the time. When it was my close-up, Zaizai was being super nice and tried to relieve my nervousness. Since it was shot from behind Zaizai's back, his face wouldn't show. He imitated an ape and made sound like "iaiai....!" He squeezed his two eyes toward the middle and stuck out his tongue and moved it rapidly. He was playing a prank (Laugh). The close-up of my face was a NG, but it did help to relax me.

All that time, the dirty magazine was on our minds.

Q9: Zaizai was very nice, wasn't he?

Megan: Yes. He could always feel the atmosphere on the set and deliberately cranked some jokes to lighten up the gloomy atmosphere. But in the same 3rd episode, Zaizai's eyes looked absolutely frightening when he said to me, "If you do it again to Qiluo, next time I will definitely kill you."

Q10: In the 3rd episode, Daye dates Qiluo. Daye's hairdo changed suddenly the day after, didn't it?

Megan: Ahahahaha.

Xiaoxiu: Uuuu (Laugh). It was terrible. Please ignore it. I think it was messed up over sleep.... No. That won't do. The hairdo was a failure. The director also noticed it but it was already cut. Yes, I remember the date scene. Daye was so nervous that he couldn't be himself (Laugh). Since I'm shy of strangers, I understand very well the nervousness at the beginning of dating. It will sure go away once you get used to it, but initially you feel nervous.

Q11: After that, Daye gives Qiluo up for supporting Ling. Can you understand that kind of feeling?

Xiaoxiu: If it were me. umm, I probably wouldn't be able to do that. A few years later when I grow older, maybe I will be the same as Daye.

Q12: Then, how about today's Xiaoxiu?

Xiaoxiu: If it were today's me, I would keep on pursing and attacking!

Megan: What kind of girl is your type? Qiluo or Qingmei?

Xiaoxiu: Completely different type (Laugh). The type I like always changes (He looked shy.) Once I like her then she is my type. But I'm attracted by intelligent girls.

fu17vd.jpg

I understand the nervous feeling on the first date!

Q13: I heard that the beers Daye and Ling drink in episode 4 were the real stuff because director Cai's decision of "Can't substitute with tea!"

Xiaoxiu: Yes. they were the real thing! Moreover, real beers were prepared for all the scenes where Ling and Daye drink beers (Laugh). In our consciousness, we knew we shouldn't get drunk, but the fact is that we felt good after alcohol got into our bodies (Laugh). We both became excited and high-spirited (Laugh).

Q14: In episode 5, Ling's suspension penalty is lifted and Daye enters the class room with him. The classmates welcome Ling. Ling takes out the latest issue of a dirty magazine in front everybody!

Xiaoxiu: We kept on saying, "What's inside the magazine, I want to see it..." I remember that much very well. It was in the midst of shooting, so we had to be patient. We were waiting for an opportunity to see the inside. Zaizai and I were thinking about distracting the staff's attention to other things ... (Laugh).

In episode 7, more and more of the past is revealed

Q15: Zaizai rode the bike on Sendai's Sugo Circuits. How did it go?

Megan: It was super cool! It was almost too cool! In the circuit scene where Zaizai stopped and got off his bike, he looked even cooler when he took off his helmet!" (He was so cool!" exclaimed Megan, consecutively more than 10 times.)

Xiaoxiu: He was cool, all right. I probably would have looked even cooler. he he he... (Laugh).

Megan: Xiaoxiu, didn't you see it too? When girls see Zaizai in that scene, they are goner! They will definitely become Zaizai fans!

Q16: Didn't Xiaoxiu appear in episode 19 and say, "Call me the wandering rider?"

Xiaoxiu: Yes (Laugh)! But actually I don't have a license for riding heavy-weight bikes. There were staffers surrounding me to support and teach me; I didn't look cool at all (Laugh)! But I've been thinking about getting a license.

Q17: Xiaoxiu, how about driving a car?

Xiaoxiu: I like to drive alone a great deal! Today I drove myself from home to here! When I was little, I wanted to be a taxi driver so I could drive to anywhere I like in my own taxi. The higher-up location in Taiwan I like to drive to for a panoramic view of street scenes is Yangminshan. There you can also see a panoramic view of Taipei's night views at night. Incidentally, the place also has hot springs. You get a nice refresh.

Q18: Episode 7 is about returning to Taiwan from Japan. In the scene where Zaizai and Xiaoxiu play basketball, you are getting along so harmoniously that it bring smiles to people's faces.

Xiaoxiu: I was on the basketball teams from middle school to high school. I was selected to be a basketball player! It wasn't like I had won some big-game title, but I was always picked to be on the basketball teams.

fuxmdz.jpg

Q19: That was really great! (Including the manager, everyone was praising Xiaoxiu's skills.)

Xiaoxiu: Though I'm not that tall (as for this, Xiaoxiu's height is 180 cm.). I really like sports. As for my study ... (Laugh). When I was filming the scene with Zaizai, I couldn’t show my basketball-playing techniques (Laugh) but I was thinking in my mind, "I'm skillful but ..." Umm, I was really being restrained. I'm just joking!

Zaizai has also been playing basketball since he was a kid. Actually he is as good as I am! The two of us also played basketball when we had spare time and because we didn't know the other was also an experienced player, "Ah, You are good!" "You are cool!" we praised each other sarcastically (Laugh).

Q20: After returning from Japan, doesn't Shazhi, Ling's ex-girlfriend, start to appear? (In episode 7)

Megan: After Shazhi's appearance, Ling's dark past also starts to come out. What has been revealed isn't very pleasant. With Ling's past and current going back and forth, there are many scenes which provoke thinking. And there are important scenes which cast light on his past.

Xiaoxiu: On those scenes, Qingmei becomes the character offering people a great deal of delight and cheerfulness. I think the audiences have also realized that. A very nice kid, considerate of her friend. In the gloomy atmosphere, only Qingmei is strong and upbeat.

Megan: My personality is very much like the Qingmei character from the middle part on (Laugh). Emotionally treating it like it was her own matter, Qingmei admonished Qiluo who is going to give up Lin, "You must not let go of him!" (Episode 8) In real life, I'm the same. If a friend says, "I didn't sleep much," I will say angrily, "It's no good! To skimp on sleep!" If they are on diet and don't each much, I will day," It's not good for your body, it's not good!" (She move the ice tea drinks the magazine people were drinking) Then, "It's better for women to drink warm drinks than old drinks!" said she! Even small things, she didn't neglect (Laugh). She is like a nagging mama!

fxatl0.jpg

Qingmei's personality in the second half of is exactly like mine.

fxc4s4.jpg

Is your heart touched!? The finish chapter

"In fact, Zaizai is Gemini..... Horrible (Laugh)." (Xiaoxiu)

"People can be changed by love. This is the message the series hopes people will feel." (Megan)

fxc520.jpg

Q21: Zaizai had to act the twins. How do you two see him acting out the twins?

Xiaoxiu: In order to act differently for Ling and Sheng, Zaizai had held many discussions with Mr. Liu in terms of eyes expressions and body languages. If I had known them in my high school days, I probably would have gone out having fun with Ling but confided serious matters in Sheng.

Megan: When it comes to happy matters, I too will talk with Ling. We will likely do fun things together. When I'm troubled by things that I can't revolve, I will discuss with Sheng. However, in fact, Zaizai is a Gemini......

Xiaoxiu: It is horrible (Laugh)! Regardless of which side you're talking about, it's a noisy type (Laugh). Zaizai alone, there are already No. 1 and No. 2, aren't there? Very talkative, please, one person is already enough (Laugh)!

Thanks to the expressions on Zaizai's face, the scene got okayed, acting just once.

Q22: In the school cafeteria scene in episode 11, the girl who was rejected by Tongdao is going to slap Ling. Daye, unaware of it and happens to turn around and get slapped. Once again he becomes a scapegoat for Ling.

Xiaoxiu: Ah! It was awful! It took 3 hours to shoot that particular cut! That girl seemed scared of hitting me. So I said, "Don't worry. It's okay!" Zaizai was enjoying watching the way I looked (Laugh)! He looked at the whole thing indifferently as if it were somebody else's matter (Laugh)!

Q23: In the same episode, Ling says naughtily, "Wish you and Daye have a great future." He looks as cute as a naughty kid when he zips his mouth. He looked really cute, didn't he?

Megan: Shooting the scene was very interesting! It's one of the turning points in the drama. Ling understands my feelings and comforts me. A bond of friendship develops between them. Ling come to my place to look for Qiluo. Before shooting the scene, the director and Zaizai talked in whisper and I was thinking, "What's the matter?" Then the director gave the instruction, "Anyway, it is to make Qingmei feel embarrassed and shy!" I got slightly flushed and felt very shy! Thanks to the expressions on Zaizai's face, it was shot just once!

Q24: In episode 13, Ling and Daye drink beers by the roadside. Ling says, "What will you do if Qingmei is killed?" It's a rather serious scene, isn't?

Xiaoxiu: We drank real beers at the time, too (Laugh). However, the beers were a little bit warm (Laugh). So, at that time, we got drunk, just drinking a little beer. The director said, "Ah... You two are already in such a state, next time we will start using tea." Zaizai and I said, "Ah... Beer is fine! We want to stick to beers!" (Laugh) Sorry about our being bad drunkards.

Q25: Daye visits the place where Ling works part-time (episode 15), you two talk to each other with one hand holding a Corona beer. You were drinking beer, weren't you?

Xiaoxiu: It was fun! Zaizai and I said, "It's still beer!" Those were the real stuff, too. (Laugh) The director was a little bit worried, but we said, "Lucky!" (Laugh)

fyfnkk.jpg

Q26: Because Qiluo has run away from home, Qingmei arrives at Ling's apartment with the changing clothes. Ling is at the entrance to take the clothes, but Qingmei forces her way into the apartment by nudging past Ling (episode 16). There are some interesting verbal exchanges, aren't they?

Qingmei: The filming at the time was also very interesting. Zaizai made me feel embarrassed and shy (episode 11), I took this scene as my chance to retaliate at Zaizai (Laugh)! When it was time to have a close-up of Zaizai's face and my face wouldn't be seen, I made funny faces at him. I was at a position where the staff couldn't see my facial expressions, Zaizai was sure astonished.

No matter what kind of people we are, we each need love.

Q27: Starting from episode 10, the entanglement with Tongdao becomes more and more intertwined. How do you look at it objectively?

Megan: Tongdao is acted by Shone An. We has worked together in other drama(s), so we get along well. But in Mars, while he wears a smile on his face, there is a killer look deep inside his eyes. He looks really scary. The appearance of Tongdao is to teach us that regardless of what kind of people we are, we each need love. If Tongdao had received a great deal more of love, he would not have become like that.

Q28: Tongdao's ominous existence continues to the end, doesn't it?

Megan: In the last episode (episode 20), a girl picks up Tongdao's hand to draw a picture. That means the girl is giving her love to Tongdao. In other words, it is giving hope to a person. Regardless how hopeless a person is, as long as there is love, it is possible for a person to make a fresh start in life. Love gives future and hopes to people. It's the message from the director.

Xiaoxiu: To adapt the manga into a live-action drama, director Cai gave it a lot of thoughts and considerations. The director has added more depth to the emotion side of the script. Mars has become an impressive new production.

End of dialog with Xiaoxiu and Megan

Source: cocochan (www.vicpower.net)

English translation: laiou2002 (www.vicpower.net)

Archived