Mars

Guest hecate

Guest lil.vi3t.cupid_<3

i loved this drama!!!!! i was hooked on it for ages! I even ended up download the whole series in one night...this took up 10 gbs buh i didn't care i lOVED IT :D:D:D:D

Vic's acting has improved heaps since MG ^^

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vic is going to lose a fair bit of crazed fans if he gets married.. :\ Well, he was really hot in Mars. He's not so skinny anymore.. ^^~

Guest kuchiki_byakuya

vic is so hot+pay attention to his butt...

i noticed that alright :P

here's something for you guys

lingep4.gif

ep9c.gif

enzaimada.gif

and the crowd goes "boink! boink! boink!" LOL...

thanks to zashikibuta of Zaiwan-tsinoy

Here's another exclusive pic from GTV.com

e9adef2a.jpg

mars1en.jpg

GOD MARS: A dark tale of tragedy, love and redemption

<a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/zaichosgallery/2004812231027316.jpg" target="_blank"></a> "M-A-R-S. Mars." Ling said.

"Huo Xing (That's how Mars, the planet, is pronounced in Chinese.)" Ling said after he turned to face Qiluo, with his finger pointing backward to the plaster statue.

"Zhan Shen (How Mars, the Roman god of war" is pronounced in Chinese.)" Qiluo said.

"Was he the coward, who the Greek people say was bloodthirsty and belligerent, and yet was afraid of failure. Isn't he supposed to look mean and ferocious?"

"Indeed he is the god of war. But I heard that Romans described him differently." Qiluo said.

"Is that right?" Ling said.

"They said Mars wore shining armor, looked grand, and was non-stoppable.

He was a dark hero who led people to overcome tragedy." Qiluo said.

"A hero who overcame tragedy." Ling said as he came close the statue and examined it carefully.

(lines from Chapter 1 as translated by laiou2002 of vicpower.net)

Chen Ling is a motorcycle racer, a 21 year-old young man with god-like looks, a devil-may-care attitude and a violent streak. He is the campus playboy, preoccupied with scoring with every woman rather than studying. In fact, his best friend Daye describes him as a “walking sex organ”. He is the the classic delinquent. Yet, beneath this façade, lies a soul in pain.

Qi Luo is a reclusive, quiet artist, a woman who shuns human contact especially men. She sits quietly in her own world, painting her feelings on canvas. One look at her you notice an inner fear, a deep-seated pain etched in her soul. She is a woman with a past, a dark secret hidden under that calm exterior.

Two different people. Two troubled souls. By fate, their paths meet, in the simplest of circumstances, and discover true love that would heal and redeem them from the dark places they were hiding.

This is the general plot of Zhan Shen / God Mars, the latest drama starring Vic Zhou as the devil-may-care playboy and Barbie Xu as the reclusive artist Qi Luo. Produced by Angie Cai of Comic Ritz and directed by award-winning director Cai Yue Xun , the same team up that made the hit teen drama, Meteor Garden 1, Mars dares to go beyond the parameters of the usual idol drama as it explores the darkness of the human soul, man’s penchant for violence and murder, obsession, and a love that conquers all. In Mars, both of the main characters wrestle with their own inner demons. For Chen Ling, witnessing the tragic suicide of his twin brother caused not only pain and anguish but psychological after-effects. As for Qi Luo, sexual abuse left her psyche severely scarred, making her fear human contact and veer away from intimacy. How these two people find true love and redemption is a fascinating journey that starts out on a dark plane but emerges as a heart-tugging, awe-inspiring story.

Based on the Manga (Japanese comic book) by Fuyumi Soryo, Mars is set in a university in Taiwan where Chen Ling and Qi Luo are classmates. The first episode starts off with their chance meeting in a park with Chen Ling nonchalantly asking the quiet Qi Luo for directions to a nearby hospital. Without a word, she sketches the map to the hospital behind a mother-and-child sketch she drew. She hurriedly leaves Ling, making him flabbergasted at her strange behavior. At the hospital, during his visit with his friend Minggao, a motorcycle racer who met an unfortunate accident, he notices the mother and child drawing and is touched by it. In this scene, Minggao also gives him his treasured motorcycle which immediately reveals Ling’s passion for racing and speed. Ling arrives at the garage where the motorcycle was parked; he puts on the helmet, revs up and speeds down the streets with the powerful theme “Ling” sung by Alan Ke You Lun played as backdrop. The episode now opens with a montage of the series’ dramatic scenes that leaves the impression that this is a dark, passionate and heart-wrenching drama.

Mars revolves around the personal tragedies of both Ling and Qi Luo. Amidst a relationship that starts off as amusingly sweet, the audience will realize how their past tragedies affected their present lives and their relationship with one another. Audiences will encounter two screwed up individuals and will somehow wonder how they will ever succeed in life and love. More so, as each episode progresses, the secrets of each character are revealed that would intrigue and even shock audiences.

The story further delves into human intimacy. Ling is a passionate person, totally irresistible, who is used to having his own way with women with least effort. There is an air of sensuality about him in the way he talks, smiles and shamelessly flirts. Finding himself in love with an inhibited, almost frigid woman is totally new to him. And when he attempts to express that love in the most intimate way, he finds himself up against the wall Qi Luo built around herself. Scenes from the series show passionate moments between Ling and Qi Luo, from tender to utterly intense kisses, to scorching make-out scenes, that would turn abruptly cold, courtesy of Qi Luo. Viewers would find themselves totally enamored by Ling’s character as he struggles between his passion for Qi Luo and an overwhelming urge to protect her. Thus, it is fascinating to watch this aspect of their relationship which would culminate in one of the tender yet intense love scenes on television.

Mars is also a story of insanity and obsession, an aspect of the story provided by the intriguing character of Tongdao, played remarkably well by Anjun Cai. Tongdao develops an uncanny obsession for Ling. Ling’s encounters with Tongdao force him to examine his dark side and his predilection for violence. Eventually, this would lead to a dark battle of angst and wits and possible death.

But above all, Mars is a story of redemption. A tale of how two tortured souls find one another, become unlikely protectors and rescuers of each other. Ling’s love for Kira brings her out of her world of fear and distrust, and makes her discover the true meaning of love and intimacy. Kira’s love has redeemed Ling from the recesses of his own personal tragedy, from his own bleak view of life, making him accept his faults and later on forgive himself. Viewers will be touched at how Ling and Qi Luo draw from the strength of their love and conquer their own demons. But more so, as they journey towards their own personal redemption, the audience will laugh and cry with them, making them two of the most endearing characters, and Mars, one of the best Asian series of all time.

Please credit mcbeal of vicpower.net and tsinoy.com if posting elsewhere

Guest rainie_chu

I love this series! It's so dark and dangerous but still cool. And I love the song, "Ling" by Alan Ke.

But when I heard the news that ZZ went all wonky after the series coz he was so affected with his character, I started having second thoughts.

And plus, ZZ and Barbie dating is really just too much.

I love Mars! gosh i loved Vic's character in there...soo hot/cute

The plot was really different and interesting too!

I can't believe him and Da S are going out now...it breaks my heart *sniff*

i worship MARS!!!!

is just the best drama so far for me..

it heavy.. not ur typical idol drama

and im totally going crazy about qi luo-ling, shancai-lei & of course barbi-vic!!

they're not getting married YET tho ^^

Da S just celebrated her bday about 2 days ago in taipei (10/06)

and Vic went to her place befor midnight... :wub:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

thanks to Amy of faithfurl 4ever for the translation

EN02_001.jpg

293981712007019yr.jpg

Yesterday was Da S' birthday. Although she ordered everyone not to give her gifts or celebrate but last night the Hsu family's had guests one after another. Hei Ren purposely brought a cake to the house, almost causing Da S to flip out. Among these visiters, Zai Zai Vic Chou and a man who dropped in together was the climax. Although it was already late at night, but the two's love development is more beautiful later at night.

It was Da S' birthday. ZZ is currently filming "Silence - Shen Qing Mi Ma" and for the past 2 days he's been filming until about midnight. Last night he still brought a friend to the Hsu's house to visit Da S late at night. His manager Zhi Xiang Li expressed that ZZ's last scene yesterday was around 8pm. He's not sure where he went afterwards. Hsu Mama said, "Haha, I was at my friend's house playing Majong last night, I don't know who she brought to the house. But everyday our house would have a lot of little kids, Fan Fan, Hei Ren, they all love to come, safe and convenient."

Even though Da S doesn't like celebrating her birthday, but earlier ZZ gave her a "lovers necklace." So did he give her a brithday present to express his feelings? Hsu Mama said that she doesn't know if Da S received gifts because she doesn't like to have her age exposed so she doesn't really like to celebrate her birthday. Usually the family disregards her birthday.

Last night Hei Ren still brought a small cake to celebrate. Xiao S said, "She gave a severe warning to everyone beforehand to not mention 'Happy Birthday.' And then Hei Ren gets a cake, making everyone feel awkward. Of course no one dared to say anything, everyone could only eat the cake silently."

After a night of "silent birthday celebration," yesterday night Da S still wore the "lover's necklace" ZZ gave her and arrived on time for GTV's "Yu Le Bai Fen Bai" recording. Xiao Zhu, who didn't fear death, bought a cake as a surprise like Hei Ren. At the beginning Da S cried for him not to mess around. But facing Xiao Zhu's emphasis that it's a vegetarian cake, she managed to say "Thank You." As for outside world's curiousity regarding her marriage, she laughingly said, "There really isn't, I would like to know myself. It's too good to be true, everything is really making me more and more confused."

Source: Lian He Bao

Translated by Amy of Faithful 4ever - http://f4ever.azn.nu Please give the proper credits when posting this elsewhere.

Guest kuchiki_byakuya

wow a dazai fan .. hehehe.. yep he went to da s place but left asap... he went in 11:58pm and went out 12:18 thats 20 minutes only.. .. hehehe

You guys remember DA YE? Ling's bestfriend.. he went with ZAIZAI to DA S' place to greet her on her bday...

looks like there's a MARS reunion going on

here's a pic of Zaizai and Xue JIE KAI aka DA YE

2005107511479083gk.jpg

2005107948101242ql.jpg

Btw, MARS is nominated in GOLDEN BELL AWARDS.. cross fingers.. hope it'll win

Guest I<3mYsElF

this movie was good... but vic had too be the weirdo..... hahah... i think that barbie friend or the girl who like vic, or dae ye girlfriend was my favorite girlfriend.... i forgot her name but yea....

i like her character int here and she realli pretty.

Guest kuchiki_byakuya

AS CHEN LING IN MARS

ReiOMG01.jpg

ReiOMG02.jpg

ReiOMG00.jpg

lingback.jpg

MORE CHEN LING PICS FROM SOHU

Img224005950.jpgImg224005952.jpg

ZAIZAI, girlfriend DA S, JAPANESE MOTO GP RACER NORICK

200512111405989.jpg

ZAIZAI, girlfriend-actress DA S XU XI YUAN, PRODUCER/MANAGER ANGIE CAI, JAPANESE MOTO GP RACER NORICK

2005121114124478.jpg

Guest MSLINNY

this drama was good. though i loved meteor garden more. but geez some parts freaked me out. haha. like at first the whole shadow thing, i was like ah wtf?! then his mom.. damn she's worse then the juon girl haha. the only thing i didn't like was the whole gay guy thing. haha........ it was randomness...

Guest flycmagurl

One of the best TW series! NO LIES! If you miss this, you're missing out.

ZaiZai has definitely proved his acting skills.. And he finally gets to be with barbie!!

haha, he is SOOOO freakin hot in this series and so darn adorable!! I would love to have my own chen ling. lolx!!

Guest tanpopo

Vic played a great role in here, but I just dont like Barbie hair, it will be much better if she could have her hair cut a little bit.

its the first time i really really liked vic

i love ling!!!

vic and barbie suited each other sooo well in the drama

that still now i feel that a part of me is bleeding whenever i watch this drama

it is definitely a story of how tortured sould recued and became protectors of each other

heck! just listening to vic & barbie's song rang wo ai ne made me brawl into tears

WHY ARE THEY NOT NOMINATED for any award?!!!!!!!!!!!

scthuupid judges

Guest kuchiki_byakuya

ZZ didn't make it, Cai Yue Xun shouts that it's unfair

Posted: October 12, 2005

Who's the lost pearl in this year's Golden Bell Awards? Director Cai Yue Xun husband and wife feel sorry for ZZ. They can't believe that ZZ didn't get nominated and wants the judges to open their eyes again and look carefully.

"Mars," directed by Cai Yue Xun, was look upon as a popular nominee for this year's awards, including the male and female leads ZZ and Da S, drama and director, etc. The world have also thought they'd be seeing ZZ and Da S walk the red carpet.

However the nomination list for the Golden Bell Awards was announced yesterday and "Mars" wasn't nominated for anything. When Director Cai Yue Xun and his wife Yu Xiao Hui heard this, the thing they couldn't accept the most was that ZZ didn't get nominated.

Yu Xiao Hui said that when filming "Mars" everyone said to ZZ, "You will definitely get nominated!" At that time ZZ just laughed. Even Da S thought he would.

Cai Yue Xun believes that ZZ's acting had a lot of depth because he portrayed a guy with spiritual problems with a dark side. Perhaps small details can't compare with senior actors but the vitality emitted is very penetrating. In "Mars" anyone can not make the nomination list but ZZ should make it. Yu Xiao Hui shouted, "Do the judges need to take another careful look? How could this be?"

Source: Liberty Times

Translated by Amy of Faithful 4ever - http://f4ever.azn.nu Please give the proper credits when posting this elsewhere.

-----------

Zhou You: Was it changed because of me?

Posted: October 12, 2005

The nomination list for the drama section suddenly changed at night. The drama circle is stunned. Niu Cheng Ze described this situation as a "20 year queer" and is against story dramas being combined with series dramas. Producer Zhou You, who said that the "judges were blind," said upon hearing the news office holding back on the nomination list, "Was it changed because of me?"

The majority of the actors in idol dramas didn't make nomination list for this year's Golden Bell Awards, like Da S, who acted in "Say Yes Enterprise" and "Mars," ZZ, Blue Lan Zheng Long, etc. were not seen on the list. However, not long after the nominees were announced, it was announced that they are going to hold back on it. How does the drama circle view this?

The "Mother of Idol Dramas" Angie Cai wasn't surprised. She feels that a series drama and a stories drama are different. "I thought that they would choose separately this year." But she thinks that it's a pity, stating a screenwriter friend's words, "Idol dramas have a sin." Judges like works of art. "Mars" talks about a borderline youngster who can't find the value of life. "I just find it a pity that Da S and ZZ didn't get nominated, their performance was too good."

Niu Cheng Ze also felt sorry for the "ex-lovers" Da S and Blue Lan Zheng Long in "Say Yes Enterprise," "Their performance was so touching, it's hard to act out." He agrees that a series drama and a stories drama can't be compared but with things suddenly being uncertain, he can only "dismiss it with a smile."

Zhou You is very worried that she has caused trouble but she still thinks that it's unfair to compare the two.

Source: Min Sheng Bao

Translated by Amy of Faithful 4ever - http://f4ever.azn.nu Please give the proper credits when posting this elsewhere

From Grendel of Vicpower

-----

I'm not sure if I understood this correctly, but I just read a news article that said that all the nominations under the Drama category will be nullified???

It says that some changes in the format will be made and the Drama category will be subcategorized (?) into two. Therefore the judges will have to deliberate anew.

What the heck is going on?!

-----

?????

Guest kuchiki_byakuya

Xiao Zhu kicks Lan Zheng Long out, ZZ criticized for his speech

Uncover role is rich, Winning with one vote

Posted: October 13, 2005

On the Golden Bell Awards nominee list, to everyone's surprise Alan Luo (Xiao Zhu) was nominated as the Best Male Lead for his role in "The Outsiders II," but Vic Chou (Zai Zai) and Lan Zheng Leng, who everyone had high expectations for, didn't make the list. Yesterday a judge revealed that Xiao Zhu's undercover cop role was very rich and his character was deep. Lan Zheng Leng's overall performance fell short, his role was at a disadvantage. As for ZZ, "Was never discussed," and his "speech didn't express enough!"

Idol war

The drama categories for the Golden Bell Awards have been put on hold but list that had been announced has caused people in the circle to pay close attention. The majority of idol dramas, which usually receives high ratings, were not considered, except in the "Drama Program" category, "Say Yes Enterprise," directed by Niu Cheng Ze and in the "Male Lead" category Xiao Zhu represents young idols.

Lan lacked layers

Xiao Zhu plays an undercover cop in "The Outsiders II." His character was quiet but he many emotions inside. Although it's his first time playing a leading role, but the judges believe that a "performance that is able grasp two personalities is more mature." The originally favored Lan Zheng Long was counting on his role in "Say Yes Enterprise" and "Blazing Courage" but both were taken away by Xiao Zhu.

The judges think that Lan Zheng Leng's role in "Say Yes Enterprise" was better than "Blazing Courage." In "Say Yes Enterprise" he and his ex-girlfriend Barbie Hsu (Da S) portrayed a couple. Later Da S dies from a car accident and he's devastated and also vented out by shaving his head. Many spectators were touched by this scene.

But judges say, "Lan Zheng Long was indeed discussed but perhaps the way his role was presented was a bit different from Xiao Zhu. He didn't have enough layers."

Chou's didn't have enough fire

ZZ has received many praises for "Mars," saying that his acting skills improved greatly. The producer of the drama Angie Cai also praised that he "interpreted really well." However, the judges didn't recognize his role in the drama, where he plays two characters who have mental disorders, and perished it with "wasn't brought out to be discussed at all."

Judges say that ZZ didn't have enough fire. He has always struggled with Mandarin pronunciations and was said that hi "speech didn't express enough."

Other actors that were nominated include Li Li Ren, who portrayed a business man who'll do anything to achieve his goal in "Yi Nan Wang," Shi Yi Nan, who portrayed a student in Japan in "Lang Tao Sha," Tuo Zong Hua, who portrayed a Taiwan musician in "Gu Lian Hua," and Zhao Xue Huang, who portrayed a father battling his disabilities in "Zai Jian Zhong Zhen Er Cun."

Source: Apple Daily

-----

Da S and ZZ team up can't match Niu Cheng Ze

"Mars" loses to "Say Yes Enterprise" by one vote

Posted: October 13, 2005

For the drama nomination list for the Golden Bell Awards the committee of judges had all reached a consensus and insisted to have at least one idol drama to encourage the development of idol dramas in Taiwan and walk away from Taiwan's representation. The candidates in the end were Lee Wei, Li Kang Yi, Niu Cheng Ze, and others that acted in "Say Yes Enterprise" and Vic Chou (Zai Zai) and Barbie Hsu (Da S) who acted in "Mars." "Mars" became the biggest lost pearl, losing by one vote.

Judges reveal

"Mars" was adapted from a Japanese manga and was directed by Golden Bell Award winning director Cai Yue Xun. Producer Angie Cai also spent lots of money to send the drama crew over to Japan to film racing scenes. Although after its broadcast the ratings weren't high, it was praised by the world. But they were completely annihilated from the nomination list.

Yesterday judges revealed that "Say Yes Enterprise" only won "Mars" by one vote. The reason was because "Say Yes Enterprise"'s script is an original Taiwan script while "Mars" was adapted from a Japanese manga. "Say Yes Enterprise" won by one vote because they wanted to encourage originality.

Director's technique added points

Furthermore, Niu Cheng Ze's directing techniques were very detailed, including more, therefore giving it another plus.

"Say Yes Enterprise" has seven stories starring Vanness Wu, Wu Bai, Da S, Xiao S, Lan Zheng Leng, He Jun Xiang, Liu Ming Jun and other idols. The story is about a group of young people trying their best to fulfill the love wishes of people around them. The judges also mentioned that for the two dramas, the actors' performances were very average as a whole.

only translated related parts

Source: Apple Daily

-----

THAT'S their reasons? THEY ARE GETTING MORE RIDICULOUS THAN EVER!!!

they should have thought of a better reason than that :whistle

funny... they didnt seem to mind that with meteor garden before

The reason was because "Say Yes Enterprise"'s script is an original Taiwan script while "Mars" was adapted from a Japanese manga. "Say Yes Enterprise" won by one vote because they wanted to encourage originality.

funny... they didnt seem to mind that with meteor garden (also based on Japanese manga) before <_<

i was actually learning to accept that zz wasnt nominated but the fact that they said zz "wasnt discussed at all", is just beyond my understanding. :(

nevermind...

at least the complaints, objections, and praises of Director Cai and people of entertainment industry in behalf of Zai is more gratifying and holds more depth than that.

Thanks to all who believe in ZAI and MARS..

JIA YOU ZAIZAI, JIA YOU ZHAN SHEN!

Archived