[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Goshhhh….i can’t believe I write these!!!!:ph34r: 

I used to put all words that I want to say stay stuck in my brain!! I’m not good in words and really don’t know how to show my real feeling or opinion to others, I usually end up being passive or stay behind the scene, as I actually  did in this tread and other forums till now,,,

#sigh my silent lurker record had been broken cz of Shinhwa

SHINHWA what have u done to me!!!!!!:(

Well, I will start  my own history I guess….

as a matter of fact, I know shinhwa just by accident, really, it’s just a half year ago!!!!

to be honest I’m not very much into Music actually, more over to K-POP, I just a have a moment into western music when I was in middle to high school days, it is around 2000-2006, back then I never hear about shinhwa at all! despite the fact that these time round is their hey day era and despite that I’m living in Asia too, it’s South east part of Asia to be particular,the continent I suppose where they ruled!!!! I think the koreanwave that breaks to my country back in the daywas just the hallyu/drama part (I remember me and my dorm mates all captivated by Korean drama one after another title, even until our early college days) yeah there wasn’t the music part of Korean wave, and if there’s any I guess it’s just the OST of the drama we even don’t bother to know what the title of the songs were, whatsoever the singer!!:mellow:

Oh,, wish I could know them earlier!!!! TT_TT

Okey it’s better be back to the topic where I accidentally know this Legend before I’m way too long ranting the reason why I don’t know them earlier…

I’m a movie freak!! And with all this things with internet nowadays ended me having a great collection downloaded movies pile up to my max disk drive capacity, and your guess 100% true!! One of them is Spin Kick that I wacthed 6 month ago… Yeah bingo! It was where Shinhwa Kim Dong Wan take the leading role!:rolleyes:

The thing with spin kick actually is ‘who is this lead actor?’ it is nothing about physical appearance (I’m a person that not captivated easy in that way) it is about me having coriousity towards the background of actors and actress in all the movies/drama I watched (see, im not just an ordinary movie freak)

At that time let say I said ‘who is this leading actor? Why hyun bin just get the supporting actor role despite his popularity of being the leading role in secret garden?’ then I realize what year this films had been made, ding! So I said again ‘ahh yeah, of course it’s the time where he is not as popular as he is now, so the lead actor must be the one who have the freaking popularity… :phew:

So I end up googled him, and the result coming out not as impressive as what I expected :vicx:(I was like maybe that he would be one of the acknowledged actor who impress viewers with his talent in acting, with a bunch of list of the famous movies or drama that he roled in, etc…LOL;)  

my reaction when I read that page in Wikipedia  was a little skeptical “member of korean boyband shinhwa: ahhh I see, it’s another celebrity who just like jump in ‘try and error’ effort in other fields that they not too capable of, despite that the film is a light weight class in storyline, aims of viewer, etc his acting is actually  a highlight there  so I would consider the result is not bad tough, it is definitely a ‘trial and succeed’ for him” :P

At that time I still have no idea who the heaven been Shinhwa is, and no idea at all that I would get karma bcz of my skeptical act before – notice the fact that I am their fans now LOL!! :rolleyes:

I didn’t know what leading me to click the word Shinhwa in that wiki page of kim dong wan back then (destiny I guess,LOL) it is against what my perseption all this time since Korean wave part 2 hit my country (now they are succeeding with the drama/movies and the music part) that I wouldn’t bother to get into it cz I think when u starting to be fangirling or dramafreaking (LOL this phrase) it would be a full time work!! I mean With all these flooded dramas and boy/girlbands hurricane, it would be very tiring and time consuming to us who newly began our responsible life, Isn’t it?  However of course I know abit about K-POP (the information is unavoideable I guess) it’s just generally the title of the raterising drama and the name or face of its rising star, and of course the name of girl/boyband with the fact that they have so many members which I have no idea how they share the lines in their song so each member got at least one!! Oh yeah and the fact that they are like a lego which can  be replace any time to perform the same name, that’s it!

So I click Shinhwa and GOd graaaaaaaace…..there I am, captivated with the first phrase!!! :wub:

Shinhwa (Hangul: 신화, Hanja: 神話) is the longest running South Korean boy band with no line-up changes. The group debuted on 24 March 1998 with six members: Eric Mun, Lee Min-woo, Kim Dong-wan, Shin Hye-sung, Jun Jin and Andy Lee. ................................................................................ Shinhwa is the Korean word for myth or legend.[1][2][3]

Idk what the name of the feeling that I felt back then, it is just uh,,how to describe it!!  aaaahhhh…….maybe it sounds like exaggerating but really,, there’s a sudden admire/worshipness there-note that I don’t know a finger nail about them yet!!!, it just…I fell the pride in their name, "Shinhwa is the Korean word for myth or legend."  it has a glorious feeling in that phrase…blush.gif

Yeah, if only there is a phrase of ‘a love at the first sight reading’,

I thing I’m the living proof to that…..

Aissssshhhhhhhh…. I have so much more to say in my head but I just can help pushing it back cz I think I just have to end it here for today, it is long enough to be a spam if I continue.. never the less it is just the pilot part…Since our Shinhwa come back so I decide that I would regularly write in this thread, maybe once a week? Idk, I just hope I got the permission here.. kkekekeB)

PS: i  am very happy I can write this, in fact writing is just as much fun as reading and watching, especially when it is represent what is going on in your head, however becz it is my first time ever to write something on my own, I spend a whole morning wrote it!! Whoooaaaa I really already change before I knew it!!!

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this is not about ShinHwa but well it's connected to them anyway.

I've uploaded Battle's Crash MV on my Youtube account years ago and just few minutes ago CJ E&M claimed rights to their video.

Do you guys think Battle is making a comeback via ShinCom?

if Battle is making a comeback, I doubt it'll be with ShinCom cus Battle has (had) their own management company?

yes

I was very impressed by Eric on the win win episode when talking about the members being distant with ea other and what not, he can be very serious too. Definitely a great leader.

btw, ep 4 of shinhwa bc is so funny.

miinwoo and the piggy were so cute together, I loved that last race.

his hilarious samba dance sent me to the floor laughing XDDD EP.04 of Shinhwa Broadcast, I can see they put a female staff for RicJinSung team & a male staff for WanSungDy during the final challenge but I don't know why they didn't use the same pet at the very end..... the little guinea pig got lazy up and didn't wanta move :D

I read somewhere that SBS also offered to do Shinhwa broadcast but in a format which included guests. Shinhwa wanted to do the show by themselves so they went with jtbc. The only reason they are going on You and I is because the PD is the same PD of Love Letter. I don't know if this is true or not.

Good news there will be a part 3 of Qualification of a Man.

Also really excited about the next Shinhwa broadcast... DOCUMENTARY Channel.

Not sure how that comes about cus I remember at the press conference Eric said they choose jTBC cus they got the offer 1st from them and the format of the members like the format of the show..... I heard from a korean chanjo that the PDs for this show had worked with Shinhwa previously and they were the one that pushing for Shinhwa's own variety show for a long time

I happen to land on the 1st post, love how it looks!!! thanks for updating it :)))

So happy to see old timers coming back and so many guests reading Shinhwa thread.

Yesterday's Shinhwa Broadcast was really funny. I don't think subs will be necessary....there was just little comments here and there.

I think Ep. 3 will be more hard to subs because both announcers were speaking really fast like sports commentators.

Last relay was really funny. Junjin, Eric, and Hyesung thought they were being smart and chose female staff because they thought there was possibility that they might have to carry someone in the race so they chose a female staff who will be light in weight. However, it backfired on them when it was the female staff who had to carry one of them for the race! LOL!

Junjin is such a faithful son...always promoting his father who will be coming out with album soon.

For those who are new to Shinhwa, I highly recoomend watching all the Loveletter Season 1 with the members as main focus. Extra bonus is in couple episodes, you actually get to hear Eric sing when he and members serenade female guest actress.

Coming here and reading everyone's posts about Shinhwa's latest activities & fics makes me all teary! haha ~ I finally received my CD package of The Return yesterday ^0^ ~ So exciting!!! I was scared of ruining the book so I flipped super slowly haha ~

Minwoo/Shinhwa = the reason why I'm still here today/how I got into kpop in the first place... I read so many Shinhwa fics my first year... After The Rain & Beneath His Wings by slvrstar, All That Matters by romelee, Habits & Jaded by linkinpark, I Hate Guys Like You by J K, I'm A Bad Girl So Slap Me by lilshinhwafreak, Hear My Prayer by 4tang, Minwoo's Daughter by iluvfany86, Out of a Tainted World by evekisara, You Look Different by judy, Third Time's A Charm by anika, TF - Dobyuk Princess, TF - Glass Slippers, TF - TOY, & of course, anything by kpopchild ~ = some of my favorite Shinhwa/Minwoo fics ^^ (I came in during the Minwoo era lol so a lot of the fics I read/my bias for him was quite strong ^^;;;v).

P.S. One of the first clips I saw of Shinhwa = the "drunk Shinhwa" playing games clip haha (with the kissing game)... it cemented my love for them because they were so wacky lol ! You could see how they really enjoyed themselves. I also loved their house tour clip & when they ate fries in their van... etc. etc. aiyo. Every Shinhwa moment is hilarious/meaningful/crazy. Gotta love it all ^^ ~~~

Anyone here knows where I can get the HD versions of those photos of them in the 1st page? Their 10th album pictures. I want to edit my tumblr with those ones. Thank you ^_^

I have to be honest with you guys...I don't like reading... sweatingbullets.gif ...but that doesn't mean I don't like fanfics though, I just don't read them... sweatingbullets.gif ...However, I have read one fanfic before. It was a Minwoo fanfic. I was quite drawn by it, but never finished because the writer, at that time, haven't completed it. Hmm...wish I knew the title and content so I can check if she's finished it... ^_^

Anyway. I was surfing the net and found some videos I've never seen before. This one was among them. I'm convinced it was the same day as Shinhwa's 'Noisy Interview' haha. This one was more quiet, but it's still very fun to watch...god I wish I knew what they were saying.Shinhwa 2003. Anyone care to sub hehe ;) ?

I too don't read fanfictions much. I just don't feel into it when I am reading a fanfiction of a real person, lols. But I read one fanfiction about Andy and the members, it's entitled "Long Road Home". And I liked it very much. haha

Wait! I too haven't seen that before! Now I need a sub too.. w00t.gif

Guest midnightgirl

It's so great that this thread is becoming alive again! Welcome SHCJ, old and new!! haha. And to everyone who's sharing their story: thank you. Living in a place where it's rare to even find people who know Shinhwa, it feels so good to hear all these stories. For those who are 'lurking' on this thread: feel free to speak and leave a comment. We won't bite!!

Just a reminder to everyone, support our oppas and keep up with your SHCJ Daily List of Things-To-Do!

So happy to see old timers coming back and so many guests reading Shinhwa thread.

Yesterday's Shinhwa Broadcast was really funny. I don't think subs will be necessary....there was just little comments here and there.

I think Ep. 3 will be more hard to subs because both announcers were speaking really fast like sports commentators.

Last relay was really funny. Junjin, Eric, and Hyesung thought they were being smart and chose female staff because they thought there was possibility that they might have to carry someone in the race so they chose a female staff who will be light in weight. However, it backfired on them when it was the female staff who had to carry one of them for the race! LOL!

that was why they chose the female staff? I had no idea cus the live stream lagged so bad and I probably couldn't understand the convo either XDD thanks for sharing :)

It's so great that this thread is becoming alive again! Welcome SHCJ, old and new!! haha. And to everyone who's sharing their story: thank you. Living in a place where it's rare to even find people who know Shinhwa, it feels so good to hear all these stories. For those who are 'lurking' on this thread: feel free to speak and leave a comment. We won't bite!!

Just a reminder to everyone, support our oppas and keep up with your SHCJ Daily List of Things-To-Do!

Thanks so much for the list. Looks like we (Korean changjos) are having problem with streaming hence we're fallen down the chart. The voting polls which overseas fans can participate are doing very well, (Mnet Countdown, Music Star Sport Seoul...) #1 on both. However if we can't stream well, it's going to be very hard to win.... I think for overseas fan we might be able to help streaming with Soribada, Mnet but you must send in your passport for them to authenticate.... I'm going to look up some tutorials cus most of them are not good any more since they change the rules so much since.... If any one know of any please kindly share with us? :D

sneak in a couple gifs :)

Eric' attacks' Minwoo's ear, gets scolded by mother bird,

nods head, turns around, backhugs baby bird... lol... this man!!

65ba9a9etw1drqueu9qesg.gif

MnetWIDE Interview - Eric paying attention to catching a fly :lol: :lol:

120407MnetWIDE_02.gif120407MnetWIDE_01.gif

Guest ontheroad

so many changjo here that hab been fan for so many years!!!!! u guys are awesome.... i am a new fan... i was really not into K-pop until like 6 months ago when I first heard super junior 5th album....  but recently I heard Shinhwa's new album and thought the album was so gud...all the songs were gold.... after that when I watched shinhwa broadcast my love for them jus increased exponentially.......seeing all u people here who loved them for so many years makes me regret that I did not know them way earlier ....wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif 

I have a question for people who have been shinhwa changjo for years. Jus now I watched "win-win" episode where Eric mentioned that there was a time where members were not in contact with each other.Nobody went to see Minwoo when he was in the hospital becoz of the accident. After that Minwoo added; "it was during the time when Eric was doing the drama phoenix and Minwoo was doing promotions for M" . He also said, "this distant relationship continued for 2-3 years". When I luked up d date I found out that Phoenix drama aired at 2004. Also, Minwoo had his accident in 2005. That means the period between 2004-2006 was d time when members were not close to each other. Since, I saw so many old changjos here I was really curious if any changjos here felt that something was not going right between them or the members were not close to each other. I am so glad that they cleared all their misunderstanding of that time and are going strong together until now so that new people like me can appreciate their awesomeness as a musician, singer, entertainer and honest person. I was so impressed with Eric's words in that interview. I really like Eric's 4D personality but that interview made me see a sincere and honest side of him that cares a lot about the fans emotions. When he said " He felt that it was really despicable to say that they wud b together on TV shows when in reality the members were not in contact wid each other", I  cud feel how Eric cared about the emotions of the fans and people that supported Shinhwa. Wow!!! This became a very long post. This shows how hard I am falling for Shinhwa. I hope some Changjos will b able to reply to me as u guys are the living evidences of that period of time in Shinhwa career. My quotes may not be exact as I am writing from what I understood but all these quotes came from the second episode of Win Win. 

Guest fresh

@phiphi69

The most important streaming site is melon, but I think it's impossible for fans overseas to get an id for that one.

If anybody is using soribada, listen to Venus as many times as possible. One listen = 1 point.

At bugs.co.kr, you can log in using your facebook account and they give you a free 7 day streaming ticket, but I don't know if it will work for people overseas....

Can anybody try it out?

If it does work, you want to listen to Venus once an hour. It doesn't count if you listen to it let's say 5 times in an hour. It only goes for one point. And do not put it on repeat. (This applies for all streaming sites except soribada.) Use as many accounts as you have!

bugs and melon are the two most important streaming sites so I hope it works for you fans overseas. ><

We only have two weeks to give Shinhwa their well deserved #1 spot. Let's do all that we can to help them out.

Guest iyeiluj

I am looking for a picture...it's a Iittle old...it's a picture of all of the wearing suits and they are doing the same pose...they're being silly...one foot is bent and on their inner thigh and one arm is behind their head? Any one have? Would be greatly appreciated...thanks

@ontheroad: welcome to the world of Changjos :D ! to answer your question, I didn't feel there was something wrong between them. I wasn't sure if I understood your question correctly, but they didn't see each other personally for a long time because they were all busy with their solo careers. Those were the times when they were on hiatus I believe.

@fresh: I was trying to register at melon, it's just so hard since I don't understand Korean..

Guest lenakeem

Junjin is such a faithful son...always promoting his father who will be coming out with album soon.

For those who are new to Shinhwa, I highly recoomend watching all the Loveletter Season 1 with the members as main focus. Extra bonus is in couple episodes, you actually get to hear Eric sing when he and members serenade female guest actress.

holy crap! mommie alice, i totally remember you from a LONG time ago, i used to be crazy_korean! haha

good to see everyone coming back to support shinhwa. once a orange princess, always a orange princess.

Guest sunnydays.

holy crap! mommie alice, i totally remember you from a LONG time ago, i used to be crazy_korean! haha

good to see everyone coming back to support shinhwa. once a orange princess, always a orange princess.

"Once an orange princess, always an orange princess." So true. :D I remember you guys! I used to be FLiPSiDE. (:

Guest rj_1905

Music Program appearances this week:

12/4 Thu 6PM KST       Mnet Mcountdown

13/4 Fri   6:10PM KST KBS Music Bank

14/4 Sat  4:10PM KST MBC Show! Music Core

cr: shinhwacompany twitter

really hope they can get #1 but with no album sales.. :x

Guest midnightgirl

Thanks so much for the list. Looks like we (Korean changjos) are having problem with streaming hence we're fallen down the chart. The voting polls which overseas fans can participate are doing very well, (Mnet Countdown, Music Star Sport Seoul...) #1 on both. However if we can't stream well, it's going to be very hard to win.... I think for overseas fan we might be able to help streaming with Soribada, Mnet but you must send in your passport for them to authenticate.... I'm going to look up some tutorials cus most of them are not good any more since they change the rules so much since.... If any one know of any please kindly share with us? :D

Gosh, I know! SHCJ has been dominating in the polls... but everything else is working against us. Shinhwa fell from #6 down to #25 on Korea's billboard charts :(. I just want them to win so badly. I don't really know how to read Korean... but do you think streaming Shinhwa stuff on the English sites of Soribada and Mnet will do anything to help? I wish there was something more that I could do but it's hard when you don't really understand. I wish they fully released the albums; they would have probably won last week!

Since, I saw so many old changjos here I was really curious if any changjos here felt that something was not going right between them or the members were not close to each other.

@ontheroad: Not really, it just felt like the entire group wasn't doing much together in terms of group activities and appearances and that instead all of the members were focused on their individual careers. As a fan, you couldn't really tell there was something up since you don't know every little detail of their personal lives. Nice sn by the way; I LOVE that song!!!

Guest midnightgirl

I was looking up things to do to help boost rankings in music shows and these were two suggestions that I came across. These are things that international fans can also participate in even if they don't understand Korean.

Using Korean search engines to search 신화:

Bugs

Dosirak/Olleh

Nate

Naver

Melon

Soribada (Korean site)

I read that you should clear your cookies before searches so that these searches could count.

Trial listening to Venus on Korean websites

I'm not sure trial listening to Venus on Korean websites helps without an ID (as I've read some people say that it does and doesn't; does anyone know this?)... but I guess it doesn't hurt to try

1. Bugs

2. Melon

(select Venus and then click the headset button below the playlist to play the song)

3. Olleh

4. Soribada

(don't think this one works without an ID)

5. Naver

You should play the song until it is finished. If you want to replay the song, refresh/reopen the page and start a new stream.

Also, you can download Venus off of Soribada's English website... The majority of the links I read said that it would count in music show rankings, though some links I read said that it wouldn't. I don't know. I guess you can get it if you haven't officially bought the song and want to support Shinhwa. You do have to sign up and pay a membership fee (the cheapest plan was $8 which allows you to buy about 6 songs). You can check out ShinhwaForever's link on that.

[EDIT]

Ackkkkkkk! after much searching and googling, I was able to find a decent tutorial onHow to make a Soribada account (on the Korean website). I'm still a little lost on what to do afterwards though... so if someone could direct me, that would very much be appreciated! :)

P.S. One of the first clips I saw of Shinhwa = the "drunk Shinhwa" playing games clip haha (with the kissing game)... it cemented my love for them because they were so wacky lol ! You could see how they really enjoyed themselves. I also loved their house tour clip & when they ate fries in their van... etc. etc. aiyo. Every Shinhwa moment is hilarious/meaningful/crazy. Gotta love it all ^^ ~~~

that game is daebak!! but I must admit, when I first get into Shinhwa (through Eric's Super Rookie) I was quite taken back with their skipship quite a bit hahaha since holding hand/hugging each other consider gay in the western world loooool And I got myself a bias that is the king of skinship, it's destiny!! :D :D :D :D

is anyone going to stream Shinhwa on the KBS2 tv show qualities of men??? i would really like to see it subbed

I doubt it'll get subbed any time soon.... I watch it raw and still manage to get the gist of it (would be nice to know all the convos but I just couldn't wait) :D Here're the raw if you're interested :)

12.04.08 Qualification of Men - EP.381

PART 1/5: http://youtu.be/Gz4sRT4y5oE?hd=1

PART 2/5: http://youtu.be/h7wu63sFNEM?hd=1

PART 3/5: http://youtu.be/wq9x-pYMP6g?hd=1

PART 4/5: http://youtu.be/MzoYrRFO030?hd=1

PART 5/5: http://youtu.be/oL_05FjTKwE?hd=1

DOWNLOAD

FF: http://www.filefactory.com/file/2aqkfcxf04ib

FF HANrel: http://www.filefactory.com/file/rqoh7fpyq69

Torrents: http://www.mediafire.com/?5ta9r9q77e1r7

Credit: kpopella

@phiphi69

The most important streaming site is melon, but I think it's impossible for fans overseas to get an id for that one.

If anybody is using soribada, listen to Venus as many times as possible. One listen = 1 point.

At bugs.co.kr, you can log in using your facebook account and they give you a free 7 day streaming ticket, but I don't know if it will work for people overseas....

Can anybody try it out?

If it does work, you want to listen to Venus once an hour. It doesn't count if you listen to it let's say 5 times in an hour. It only goes for one point. And do not put it on repeat. (This applies for all streaming sites except soribada.) Use as many accounts as you have!

bugs and melon are the two most important streaming sites so I hope it works for you fans overseas. ><

I heard about the 7 day streaming offer with Facebook but couldn't recall which music site it's for.... It is Bugs eh? I'm going to check that one out shortly :)

I was looking up things to do to help boost rankings in music shows and these were two suggestions that I came across. These are things that international fans can also participate in even if they don't understand Korean.

Using Korean search engines to search 신화:

Bugs

Dosirak/Olleh

Nate

Naver

Melon

Soribada (Korean site)

I read that you should clear your cookies before searches so that these searches could count.

Trial listening to Venus on Korean websites

I'm not sure trial listening to Venus on Korean websites helps without an ID (as I've read some people say that it does and doesn't; does anyone know this?)... but I guess it doesn't hurt to try

1. Bugs

2. Melon

(select Venus and then click the headset button below the playlist to play the song)

3. Olleh

4. Soribada

(don't think this one works without an ID)

5. Naver

You should play the song until it is finished. If you want to replay the song, refresh/reopen the page and start a new stream.

Also, you can download Venus off of Soribada's English website... The majority of the links I read said that it would count in music show rankings, though some links I read said that it wouldn't. I don't know. I guess you can get it if you haven't officially bought the song and want to support Shinhwa. You do have to sign up and pay a membership fee (the cheapest plan was $8 which allows you to buy about 6 songs). You can check out ShinhwaForever's link on that.

[EDIT]

Ackkkkkkk! after much searching and googling, I was able to find a decent tutorial onHow to make a Soribada account (on the Korean website). I'm still a little lost on what to do afterwards though... so if someone could direct me, that would very much be appreciated! :)

woooa searching for 신화 also help with charting? If it does, it's something we could at least help out

I know download/purchase the song on Soribada (Eng.site) does count on chart but the sample streaming (1min) doesn't count. You have to stream the full song on the Korean site..... gosh without the 2nd batch of the Thanks Version, it's going to be super hard to win this week..... unless we stream really really well.............

Archived