[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Me too! Plus I was smiling like crazy too! :w00t::D

They all looked so good! Can't wait to hear more from them...!

Favorite part(s) of the presscon: "We are...SHINHWA!!" Loved how they had to do it a few times to get it right. =P

-nie

Whoo~! Topped the page! =)

Hi Everyone,

Was just wondering where is everyone ordering their album from?

Is there any group that is doing pre-ordering and if we order through them, do we get something "extra"?

On previous albums, we got little "extra" when we ordered through a group and I was wondering if it's same this time.

Thank you.

Hi Everyone,

Was just wondering where is everyone ordering their album from?

Is there any group that is doing pre-ordering and if we order through them, do we get something "extra"?

On previous albums, we got little "extra" when we ordered through a group and I was wondering if it's same this time.

Thank you.

Hi, I know SHC.NET & Shinhwa.biz are doing the pre-order for the 10th jib so you can go with either one cus they all go through minam6 I believe. I know SHCJ.net will have a special gift for the 1st 50 orders as well as $1 from each order will go to Shinhwa support fund. You can see the details here http://z15.invisionfree.com/ShinHwaChangJo/index.php?showtopic=24143

gosh it was awesome with the live press conference even though it lagged at one point or another but I truly enjoy the experience, specially spazzing with so other changjoers on twitter, it was so much fun! So glad Park Kyung Lim was the host for this event, they could not pick any one better! *2 thumbs up* :wub:

Mnet Global said they'll have the Press Conference subbed in English & Chinese some time this week (probably end of the week). Will post when that comes out. Mean while for those you missed the live stream, here are some links :)

PC_S40.jpg

2012.03.05 Shinhwa Live Press Conference - Mnet Global

http://m.global.mnet.com/promotion/20120229_shinhwaComeback/

If you have trouble with the Mnet link, there's YT link

2012.03.05 Shinhwa Live Press Conference - YT links (6 parts)

PART 1/6:

PART 2/6:

PART 3/6:

PART 4/6:

PART 5/6:

PART 6/6:

There're lots of news articles about the Presscon, I'm going to post just a few...

[12.03.06] “We are Shinhwa!” – The upgraded version of a 14-year-old gem

“Looking at them standing together, I’m somehow moved beyond words.”

These are the words of MC Park Kyung Lim, who hosted Shinhwa’s 14th anniversary comeback press conference at Seoul’s CGV Cheongdam on 5 March. Shinhwa, whose members have all returned from military service and gathered together to continue with their group activities, has already been in existence for 14 years. The press conference was attended by many reporters and broadcasted live online to fans in 200 countries around the world. The online viewership ratings exceeded 60%, a clear testament to Shinhwa’s unwaning popularity.

201203060800776329_1.jpg

With the members all completing their military service and standing together on stage after 4 years, one feels a sense of depth from Shinhwa. Each member’s charm has become different, and their witty eloquence even more evident.

Eric-sshi, did you attend some interview academy during your break?

As the CEO of Shinhwa Company, Eric fully demonstrates his sense of responsibility. “Being around for a long time doesn’t necessarily mean we’re old. Masterpieces become more valuable as time passes. We will prove that.” Eric won much praise for confidently sharing Shinhwa’s aspirations and plans.

Eric’s eloquent replies drew admiration from MC Park Kyung Lim and reporters alike. Park Kyung Lim went on to ask in jest, “Eric-sshi, did you attend some interview academy during your break? You’re a really good speaker”, giving Eric the thumbs-up.

Junjin, the glibest tongue of the day

Junjin showed that he has the best gift of the gab in Shinhwa. Junjin handled Park Kyung Lim’s playful questions with witty and street smart answers, drawing laughter from the audience. Envying the compliments that Andy received for his deep voice, Junjin dropped his tone a notch lower, before going on to imitate Eric’s eloquent answers to the media, further enlivening the atmosphere during the event.

When introducing Shinhwa’s 10th album, MC Park Kyung Lim requested, “Junjin-sshi, please sing a short verse for us”. A flustered Junjin tried to weasel his way out but even the members joined forces against him. Junjin eventually hummed a few notes of the melody. He then amused everyone when he made random comments like “It’s raining outside”, “There’s really a lot of people today”.

Andy, is this the Andy with the heart dance?

The heart-dancing Andy with the eye smile has disappeared. At the press conference, Andy captured female hearts with his deep voice. Hearing Andy’s baritone voice, Park Kyung Lim joked, “I was really surprised when I heard Andy-sshi’s voice. Did your voice change when you were in the army?"

Andy the adorable maknae was nowhere in sight, instead we saw Andy as the serious and mature producer of Teen Top. Andy exuded a new charm with the way he maintained composure in the face of the other members’ playful antics.

Dongwan-sshi, how about switching jobs and becoming the manager?

Kim Dongwan was the master of random and unexpected comments during the event. Kim Dongwan’s replies to Park Kyung Lim and the press were all very unexpected. When asked about Shinhwa’s secret weapon in the face of competition from newer groups, Kim Dongwan replied “Our secret weapon is Junjin.” (*note: Dongwan actually said it’s Minwoo). He also later said, “I don’t think Eric is suited to be the music director. Next time, it will be good if Minwoo does it”, his candid comments leaving his fellow members bemused at times.

MC Park Kyung Lim who is a good friend of Kim Dongwan’s, had joked that “Kim Dongwan-sshi is more suited to be a manager”. Catching on to that, Junjin added, “Shinhwa needs a manager, and Kim Dongwan-sshi knows us well enough so I hope he can be our manager”, to which Kim Dongwan could only smile bitterly. Kim Dongwan’s irreverent charm was on full display during the press conference.

201203060800776329_2.jpg

Lee Minwoo-Shin Hyesung, their passion towards music

Lee Minwoo and Shin Hyesung often threw in words of agreement amidst their teammates’ witty banter and showed their unwavering passion towards music. In particular, Lee Minwoo has taken charge of lyric-writing duties for this album, putting his heart and soul into Shinhwa’s group activities.

Known for his sweet voice, Shin Hyesung had a completely different look in his eyes when he was introducing the album and the significance of the title track, as opposed to the times when he was joking around with the members. One can truly feel his sincerity.

Shinhwa put a hold on their music activities after ‘Run’ from their 9th album released in 2008, with the members concentrating on solo projects. 4 years on, Shinhwa is working with CJ E&M on the distribution of their 10th album. The title track is of a genre that Shinhwa has yet to attempt – electronica – and will be complemented by a unique and fresh dance choreography.

Shinhwa will be holding their 14th anniversary concert ‘The Return’ on 24 March in Seoul. After their Seoul concert, Shinhwa will go on to their Asia concert tour from April onwards, traveling to cities such as Shanghai, Taiwan, Guangzhou, Tokyo, Kobe and Beijing.

Credits: Osen + Absolut Shinhwa

[iNTERVIEW] Shinhwa – Press Conference (March 05, 2012)

2012030708594161745_1.jpg

Shinhwa members Andy, Kim Dong-wan, Lee Min-woo, Shin Hye-sung, Jun Jin and Eric [shinhwa Company]

“But it finally happened”. People say this all the time when something, which seemed fairly impossible, happened for real. Countless number of idols come and go every year but surviving in the show business is never easy. Shinhwa, who made their debut back in the last century, managed to continue their activities even after 14 years since their first appearance to the public on March 24, 1998.

This year, on March 5, the group gathered for a press conference to promote their 14th anniversary concert scheduled on March 24. Shinhwa practiced the phrase trademarked by themselves, "We are Shinhwa, who Jun Jin (a member of the group's name, also meaning 'moves forward' in Korean) like a Hye-sung (another member's name meaning 'comet.')" However, like always, the six members got it wrong even after a long rehearsal but the light and playful atmosphere in the room proved that Shinhwa is still the same Shinhwa we knew back in the 90's even when the members are way over their thirties.

How does it feel celebrating your 14th year anniversary of debut?

Eric: We first want to thank Lee Soo-man, the C.E.O of SM Entertainment, for seeing something in the six of us and putting us together under the name Shinhwa. We thank Park Kwon-young, the C.E.O of Good Entertainment, who helped us find our place after signing with the firm. We also thank our fans who believed in us, cried with us and laughed with us during the last 14 years, the rest of Shinhwa members as well as the staffs in Shinhwa Company who will be working with us for a long time. Our 14th anniversary is not the end but it is just the start. We hope to fulfill our singing activities for a long time at the center of this business and we want to become a model for other rookie idol groups. It takes time to build a masterpiece. That is why we want to show everyone that when something is old it doesn't make it shabby, proving the sophistication and tradition in our group.

Shinhwa: (claps) We are Shinhwa!

2012030708594161745_6.jpg

Shinhwa members Eric (left) and Lee Min-woo (right) [shinhwa Company]

You guys are making your comeback in four years with your tenth full-length album, while singles or mini-albums are the trend.

Min-woo: We have released a number of singles, mini-albums and studio albums during our 14 years of career and we have released so many songs to date that we can't even remember all of them. But, we felt that if Shinhwa was going to unveil their tenth record, it should a full-length album. The tenth album is solely for those that have waited for our new record and we just want our fans to be satisfied with what they listen to. Though we are physically tired, each member put in a lot of effort in recording the songs and we have high expectations on performing them on stage. We hope that it will be a great present.

You must have experienced some difficulties while preparing and recording the songs.

Jun Jin: Instead of feeling tired, I am just really excited and happy about returning to stage after such a long time. Other members and I get together constantly to have meetings even about small details and we gather everyone's ideas and opinions before making our decisions on something. But if I have to pinpoint some of our difficulties...it is probably Eric. Eric wrote and directed a few songs he wrote himself and he pushed us hard and nearly killed us in the recording studio. The good part about it was that our skills improved. I'm kind of embarrassed to say it myself but I feel that I improved in various aspects because I do both singing and rapping.

Can you give us an example of the skills that improved?

Jun Jin: I would sing you a song right now but it wouldn't be fair to unveil a song before the album gets released. How about if I hum it?

Eric: We have released a number of albums before but never kept the deadline. We used to push back release dates from two weeks, in minimum, to two months but this time it was different. We all worked really hard and even pulled off all-nighters. We didn't slack off and participated a lot in the process which is why we were able to release the album on time. Honestly, I whipped other members when they're not trying hard...(laugh) Now, should we listen to Jun Jin sing?

From all the members, who's vocal skills improved the most?

Jun Jin: It is Jun Jin.

Minwoo: All the members did a great job including Jun Jin (laugh). I'm sure a lot of people are wondering what genre of songs that our album will have. It's composed of songs in different styles that allows wider audience to enjoy, while it still holds Shinhwa's color. It is worth waiting for the release since we prepared new choreographies that fit our songs in a new genre.

Eric: Our title track was bought from abroad and Lee led the team in this one by making the lyrics and choreography, and directing the whole process. This will be our first to try an electronica song so we were worried how it would go along with our image and style. But I am happy with the outcome. Just like our old style, we have a number of ballad songs and dance tunes aside from our new genre and the listener will feel the past, present and future altogether through our tenth full-length album.

2012030708594161745_7.jpg

Shinhwa members Kim Dong-wan (left) and Shin Hye-sung (right) [shinhwa Company]

In just 40 minutes, you guys were able to sell out all 20,000 tickets to the concert that is to kick off on March 24.

Hye-sung: We were extremely thrilled about that. Our 14th anniversary concert has a different meaning compared to other shows that we have done before. We made a promise with our fans during our 10th anniversary concert back in 2008 that all six of us will perform on stage once we are all done our mandatory military duties. This year's concert is our way of showing our fans that we kept the promise.

Jun Jin: A good tongue is a good weapon and we wanted to keep our promise...

Eric: Jun Jin, would you like to sing for us?

It has been 14 years since you made your debut and time has passed. What do you think is your secret to still being able to work together even after all members signing with different agencies?

Dong-wan: The decisive factor is Jun Jin. Jun Jin, how about singing a song for us?

Jun Jin: It has been real tough in maintaining Shinhwa for 14 years and we ask for everyone's continuous support.

Dong-wan: We don't have any secrets. We were just lucky. We have fought a lot in the past and unlike the other groups that disband the teams because of the conflicts and members' individual activities, I feel that those moments created a bond between all the members. And not avoiding what we had at every moment helped us to survive till today. We didn't insist on pursuing solo careers when working as a group, or thought that we have to juggle our solo careers and working as Shinhwa at the same time.

You have mentioned about fighting in the past, so were there any moments that solidified the team's bond while preparing for this album? (laugh)

Dong-wan: I remember that Eric clenched his fists whenever he was directing in the studio. (laugh) I thought about hitting Eric and running away.

Minwoo: Once, Kim seemed pretty upset after the recording. He even asked me if I could direct him myself because Eric was putting pressure on him too much. Everyone has a different way of directing and cheering people up so they can do a better job. I also try to relay the emotions to the person by singing the song myself.

Dong-wan: Lee is blowing his own horn. (laugh)

Minwoo: To be honest, Eric's style of directing is the right way. All that matters is to see how much effort one put in to get the best results and that itself is a fight with oneself.

Dong-wan: I will ask Lee to direct me the next time.

2012030708073508799_3.jpg

Shinhwa members Andy (left) and Jun Jin (right) [shinhwa Company]

Many idol groups say that Shinhwa is their role model. What kind of group does Shinhwa want to be and what kind of music would you like to pursue if you are still together even after ten to twenty years from now?

Jun Jin: Thank you for such a great question and Kim will answer it.

Dong-wan: We can't say that we will sustain the group ten or twenty years more without any proper reason or preparation. But I think we will stop if the audience wants us to. We don't want to continue our activities if it is going to cause a loss. (laugh) We will continue with our activities if it makes us happy as well as our staffs. We don't exactly have a role model but we want to become someone else's role model.

Eric: We worked real hard to benchmark with Japanese group SMAP when Shinhwa was still with SM Entertainment and it worked. We were also the first idol group in Korea to have their members begin individual activities and we found some success through that. It feels like we are Korea and the world's only idol group that has stayed together for 14 years with its original members. SMAP had changed one of their members once. It is important to follow the current trends but what is more important is to have the listener to recognize the group Shinhwa from our music.

What if you were given a chance to switch members?

Eric: I was thinking about Kim!

Jun Jin: I think Kim can be the manager.

Kim: And I will be paid the same...

Hye-sung: Our press conference is being broadcasted globally. (faces cameras) We are joking.

Eric: (faces Kim) I love you.

Andy, you are the producer of the idol group Teen Top. Do you have any advice for other singers that choose Shinhwa as their role models?

Andy: I feel that the most important thing is the communication between members and trust. Many male idols fight but they get over it after talking about it. I'm sure they will last long like Shinhwa if they talk, understand and trust one another.

Are there any current groups out there that has the similar impression to Shinhwa?

Eric: All the members really like Big Bang. I'm not just saying this but whenever I see Teen Top it feels like I am seeing our past. We looked really clumsy and was faced with a lot of difficulties when we first started out and they went through. Teen Top went through the same troubles and became No. 1. Seeing their clumsiness after winning first place was just...(laugh)

Jun Jin: The members of Girls' Generation were in elementary school when we were with SM Entertainment. Jessica and Hyoyeon wrote us letters back in the day and it makes me real proud and happy to see them turn into ladies and do so well.

Minwoo: I am a fan of Girls' Generation and 2NE1 and I can remember that Hyoyeon danced really well when she was younger. I thought that she could be the next BoA and it is great that she is known for her dance skills in Girls' Generation. I know that there are many girl groups right now but I lost interest after T-ara. I know the name of the groups but I can't remember the name of the each member. (laugh)

Jun Jin: There is a girl group named Stella and this guy who appeared in their music really stood out (referring to himself). I thought to myself wow how can someone act like that? Stella's songs are really great and I think in two years...

Eric: Two years?

Jun Jin: Ah, what I mean is that after a year they will become one of the best girl groups.

Eric: I hope you aren't just saying that. (laugh) Jun Jin was the male lead in Stella's music video for their song "U.F.O" and he said that he was nervous and it was difficult because he hasn't acted in a long time. And after seeing the video, it turns out that all he had to do was to stay still because he played a robot.

Jun Jin: It was really cold during the shoot.

The current music scene is a lot different from four years ago when Shinhwa was active. Does the group have some kind of secret weapon to dominate music scene?

Minwoo: We aren't here to compete with the idols. The main concerns we had while making the album was which track should be the title song so we could appeal to the public. We don't have a secret weapon per se though it would have to be that the audience will say that performance is what Shinhwa is about. We are just the same as who we were in the past. Though we have a hard time catching our breath due to lack of sleeping, we are still the same.

Eric: The difference is that many of our juniors and the idols are really good to the extent that we admire many of them. And we thought about ways to show something different by comparing ourselves to them. I honestly want to show our development during the last 14 years to the singers that grew up watching us. And I can say that our conditions are pretty good from practicing.

Dong-wan: Ah, our secret weapon is Lee.

(All members become quiet)

Jun Jin: I apologize!

Dongwan: You can tell that Lee is our secret weapon after watching our performance. I will just be hiding behind him. (laugh)

How is the shoot for jTBC's "Shinhwa Show" coming along?

Jun Jin: We always wanted to have a show with our name on it and we had our first shoot last weekend. I had to hold back my tears after seeing how hard the members were practicing. And the audience will see a different side of each member like their cheerfulness and charm.

Any final words?

Andy: We will work even harder since we are making our comeback after a long time. We hope to resume our activities with the mindset of a rookie and that the audience will get the same impression as they did when we released our first album.

Dong-wan: We ask for a lot of support since Shinhwa is officially starting their activities after a long time. Help us!

Jun Jin: A masterpiece is not made in a day...I apologize. (laugh) We will work happily and cheerfully and hope to work real hard that people will remember that we are Shinhwa.

Minwoo: I am really happy even though it's been a while since we last stood in front of an audience and I feel a bit awkward to see all these cameras flashing at us. I want Shinhwa to be a group that rewrites history. We want to show our best and we hope that will be set in history.

Credit: 10Asia http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2012030708594161745

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2012030708073508799

PICS SPAM IS COMING RIGHT UP!!!

PC_S23.jpg

PC_S41.jpg

PC_S08.jpg

PC_S17.jpg

PC_S09.jpg

PC_S35.jpg

PC_S36.png

PC_S03.jpg

PC_S11.jpg

PC_S13.jpg

PC_S34.jpg

PC_S40.jpg

PC_S05.jpg

PC_S03A.jpg

PC_RJS02.jpg

PC_MWD01.jpg

PC_S07.jpg

PC_S21.jpg

PC_S29.jpg

PC_WD06.jpg

PC_S06.jpg

PC_S34.jpg

PC_S33.jpg

PC_S16.jpg

PC_S18.jpg

PC_S30.jpg

PC_S37.png

PC_S42.png

201203051642421001_1.jpg

PC_RJ04.jpg

SOME OF THE CUTE MOMENTS ^^

PC_E07.jpg

aa18972bd40735fa428245019e510fb30f240813.jpg

b219ebc4b74543a93c108f741e178a82b901147a.jpg

5366d0160924ab1836f2ea8f35fae6cd7a890ba5.jpg

fc1f4134970a304e52feaa42d1c8a786c8175cad.jpg

201203051534271001_1.jpg

6a63f6246b600c338d15d4701a4c510fd9f9a11d.jpg

58ee3d6d55fbb2fbbb8353aa4f4a20a44723dcda.jpg

Yonhap News: Members' close-up

PC_E50.jpg

PC_M02-1.jpg

PC_W01.jpg

PC_H01.jpg

PC_J02.jpg

PC_A01.jpg

MY FAVORITE PAIRS PHOTO

PC_RS07.jpg

PC_RM04.jpg

PC_RM09.jpg

I'm RicSung shipper but goooosh RicMin totally win this one for me ^_____^

there're so many photos, I can't save them all on my photobucket. Those are just a few. What is your favorite photo of your bias or any member/pair/group? Mind sharing with every one? It's pic spam time so post away :)

btw, here is dl link for more photos from the news media (600+ photos)http://www.mediafire.com/?pz95cdouyv0os1r

Credit: AllaboutShinhwa

More photos by fan (300+ photos) http://absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/12-03-07-fanpics-120305-shinhwa-14th-anniversary-comeback-press-conference/

Lastly, Shinhwa is to record for KBS' Win Win show today (broadcast date is Mar.12 I believe?). That means we'll get to see it subbed on KBS World later right?!!! :D

phiphi69 - Thanks for the youtube links for the conference! I tried to stay up and watch sadly sleep got to me haha

So many great pictures of them! It brings me soooo much joy to see them all together again, just being the Shinhwa that we love.

When they were all holding mics out to Jun Jin I thought "classic Shinhwa" hahaha :D

Guest hikari-tadashi

thanks for all the pix :)

@dorothea_black

the pic when all of them holding out the mic for junjin is definitely a classic :D

it's so good to see them all back together :tears:

phiphi69, as always thank you so much for answering my questions, including previous posts. You are a gem!

You are always keeping us updated with all the Shinhwa's news.

I had chance to watch the press conference and it was so fun to watch. As always, Dongwan and Junjin was goofing off but I was really surprised how much Eric spoke. I don't ever remember him speaking so much in the past. He really did great job of representing Shinhwa Company.

I'm so looking forward to their comeback. Can't believe 4 years flew by so fast.

Thank you again.

Guest samshiku

MANY new about the filming on Win-Win!!

may visit absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com for more

Shinhwa’s recent recording session of ‘Win Win’ lasted for 10 hours.

A rep from the production team told MK Star Today, “For this special Shinhwa episode, the recording time took twice as long compared to usual as there were so many things they talked about. Recording started at 3pm and only ended at 1am. Usually recording ends by 7pm, but this Shinhwa episode took a particularly long time to record.”

This rep added, “The Shinhwa members not only talked about happy times, but also opened up about unhappy feelings caused by misunderstandings. In particular, the members cried the most when they were talking about Andy. In the past, misunderstandings caused a lot of hurt. Even people watching them got emotional.”

“Even with puffy eyes they conscientiously carried on with filming until the end. The deep sense of attachment among the members could be felt within the cozy atmosphere. I hope everyone will look forward to the special Shinhwa episode.”

Credits: MK + Absolut Shinhwa

Guest lenakeem

[12.03.9][info] JTBC Broadcast Schedule: First Episode of Shinhwa’s Show

5cimxl.jpg

msokrc.jpg

Top Pic: March 17, 2012 (Sat.)

Bottom Pic: March 18, 2012 (Sun.) - rebroadcast

http://www.jtbc.co.kr/schedule/schedule.aspx

Credit: JTBC & minam6 * Shinhwa.biz

SO EGG-CITED CANT WAIT CANT WAIT ALKSJDFLKSDJF AHHH

SHINHWACHANGJO & orangeprincesses forever <3

ps. feels good to see the shinhwa thread grow and have some action, just like back in the day :)

Guest Morpeeeeally

Thanks for sharing their new conference, I felt myself tearing up with happiness when I was reading it. It's been a long time coming and I'm so proud of them that. Or more like I'm proud to be their fan. I'm def going to preorder their album to include in my other albums of theirs!

I need to spazz though...JUNJIN is amazingly still so gorgeous! I lovers him haha <3 and the rest are still so handsome :)

I haven't posted in this thread in probably a few years now...=') so nostalgic being back here and I might add that I still managed to hold TOP 3 for most posts in this thread ^__^v

I've been listening to Shinhwa oldies & classics all day!

There's no words to express how incredibly HAPPY I am that Shinhwa has kept their promise and is continuing together <3

TWO MORE WEEKS TILL MARCH 24TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi everyone, sorry been MIA for the last few days, been so busy with works and other stuffs but here comes more updates with I'm sure some had seen already from absolutshinhwa but may just as well keep OUR HOME updated and moving :)

[12.03.09] Shinhwa's 10-Hour 'Win Win' Recording, with Puffy Eyes from Crying

image_readtop_2012_155322_1331275833583143.jpg

Shinhwa’s recent recording session of ‘Win Win’ lasted for 10 hours

A rep from the production team told MK Star Today, “For this special Shinhwa episode, the recording time took twice as long compared to usual as there were so many things they talked about. Recording started at 3pm and only ended at 1am. Usually recording ends by 7pm, but this Shinhwa episode took a particularly long time to record.”

This rep added, “The Shinhwa members not only talked about happy times, but also opened up about unhappy feelings caused by misunderstandings. In particular, the members cried the most when they were talking about Andy. In the past, misunderstandings caused a lot of hurt. Even people watching them got emotional.”

“Even with puffy eyes they conscientiously carried on with filming until the end. The deep sense of attachment among the members could be felt within the cozy atmosphere. I hope everyone will look forward to the special Shinhwa episode.”

Credits: MK + Absolut Shinhwa

[12.03.10] ‘Longevity idols’ Shinhwa spending 6 hours a day at dance rehearsals

With their 14th anniversary concert just weeks away, Shinhwa is spending up to 6 hours a day for dance practice.

Shinhwa held their 10th anniversary concert in March 2008 and went on a hiatus as the members enlisted for military service. Returning after 4 years, Shinhwa will be releasing their 10th album in mid-March and also holding a concert titled ‘The Return’ on 24th and 25th March at the Olympic Park Gymnastics Arena.

For the Seoul concert which will last 2.5 to 3 hours, Shinhwa is sweating it out everyday at rehearsals as they prepare to show off to the fans their 14 years worth of experience. In particular, they are pouring in extra effort into their new electronica title track ‘Venus’. This is not just an opportunity to announce Shinhwa’s presence, it also will allow Shinhwa to show off to everyone that their power and charisma are unmatched by younger and popular groups. For this, Shinhwa has been working hard on their dance training everyday in a studio in Apgujung.

A rep for Shinhwa said, “Among Shinhwa’s many hits, the song with the most intense and tightest choreography is ‘Brand New’, from the 7th album released in the summer of 2004. I feel that the choreography this time is an upgrade from that.”

Shinhwa’s enthusiasm and determination can be seen from the recording process for the 10th album. Group leader Eric has personally taken on the role of music director for the new album. At the press conference held on 5th March, he said, “Up until now, whether it’s the release of a special album, mini album, single, seasonal album, we haven’t been able to meet the deadlines. This time round, we’ve all worked very hard to meet the deadline. Please look forward to it.”

With the release of their 10th album, Shinhwa will be appearing on programs on all 3 major broadcasters as well as participate in promotional activities. After their Seoul concert, they will embark on their Asia concert tour, starting with Shanghai on 30 April and followed by Japan, other cities in China, Taiwan, Singapore and Thailand.

Credits: Sportsseoul + Absolut Shinhwa

Shinhwa Chosen As Idol Groups' #1 Model

The oldest idol group, Shinhwa, has been chosen as the top role model for today's younger idol groups.

Recently, member Lee Minwoo was released from his military responsibilities, making him the last member to finish his 2-year services. On March 5th, the Shinhwa members held an official Press Conference, which was held live and was streamed globally for all fans to watch. Shinhwa is set to resume activities after a 4 year hiatus.

9f83cc2c0133633421955414742c204a.jpg

Many idol groups have mentioned Shinhwa as their role model, which shines a light on their legendary return and being an idol group that have stuck together for 14 years. Groups like Super Junior, Big Bang, 2PM, Teen Top, CHAOS, and more have listed Shinhwa as their role model.

Girls' Generation's Yoona was seen saying on a broadcast program, “I want to be a with the Girls' Generation members until the end, like Shinhwa, the oldest idol group, even if I get married."

The Shinhwa members answered regarding this at the press conference. "We're thankful," they said, "It's rare, in other countries, to not replace or lose a member in a span of 14 years. We are always trying hard to keep our own brand relevant."

"Mutual trust and the ability to talk among each other is the most important. You have to be able to talk to each other if there is a misunderstanding. We will work our hardest to become the best role model."

Shinhwa will hold their anniversary/comeback concerts on March 24th and 25th at the Seoul Olympic Park Gymnastic Stadium, and was seen recording for KBS "Win Win" on March 8th, marking the start of their broadcasting activities.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120308n07000?mid=e0101

Translation: Koreaboo.com

[12.03.12] Win Win Video Preview + Synopsis

Raw Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFnkY07jZ94&feature=channel

LOL-ING HARD AT ERIC'S FUNNY DANCE XDD

English subbed by SF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ghiLIno4M

Caption: Debuted 14 years ago – The longest-running idol group still in existence, SHINHWA

Caption: Return to broadcast after 6 years!

Hyesung: Sorry, it’s been a really long time since I was on a show

Kikwang: Please don’t be shy

Caption: Shinhwa, they’re back!

Caption: And…

Minwoo: There was a big incident

Caption: The story of their warm friendship and their tears

=====================================

Text synopsis on ‘Win Win’ website (Translator's note: I personally think the exclamation mark is being abused but oh well.. looks like everyone’s really excited! ^_^)

Kim Seungwoo’s ‘Win Win’

The living legend of the idol world!

The longest-running branded idol group in Korea!

The 6 men are back, Shinhwa!!

Their first story!

Shinhwa, the first talkshow solely dedicated to them since their debut!!

“All the members together on TV after 6 years! Explosion of variety skills!!

Average age of 33.3 years! The longest-running idol group celebrating their 14th year, Shinhwa!

“Now we can say it” Behind-the-scenes stories told by the members!!

From the charm-displaying ‘dance time’ of the good old days to the greeting from their rookie days!

Shinhwa’s unwaning whirlwind variety skills on full blast!!

Shinhwa Company, set up by the returning Shinhwa!!

“Eric and Lee Minwoo are co-CEOs!”

Shinhwa returns with Shinhwa Company, set up with investments from the 6 members!

Eric and Lee Minwoo are co-CEOs,

What is the two co-CEOs’ important duty?

Shinhwa, the first in the idol world to publish a nude photobook!!

“The much talked-about Shinhwa nude photobook, why did they take it all off?”

Shinhwa, the first idol group in Korea to publish a nude photobook!

Achieving the record of selling out all 15,000 limited-edition copies!!

At that time, only Eric and Junjin displayed bold(?) poses,

Revealing for the first time the behind-the-scenes stories of the controversial photobook!

Shinhwa’s “Mystery Guests”!

“Shinhwa and H.O.T! A joint appearance after 12 years!”

Making an appearance for their juniors, “Mystery Guests” Moon Hee Jun-Tony An!

The real Shinhwa according to Moon Hee Jun-Tony An?

Gathering together on one show after a whopping 12 years

The legendary 1st generation idol groups, the true friendship between Shinhwa and H.O.T!!

The longest-running idol group in Korea at 14 years, Shinhwa

A detailed look into their 6-men 6-color deadly charm!!

Laughter and emotions only on ‘Win Win’! Please look forward to it!!

Credits: KBS Win Win homepage + Absolut Shinhwa

[12.03.11] Trailer for jTBC’s “Shinhwa Show” – Premiere March.17 (SAT) 9:50PM

shinhwabroadcast.jpg

Shinhwa Show page at jTBC: http://home.jtbc.co.kr/Plan/PlanMean.aspx?prog_id=PR10010074&menu_id=PM10012634

Trailer clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H-pB-xp2E4&feature=related

Korea’s longest-running idol group in fact and name, Shinhwa!!

After completing military service, and gathering together after 4 years, on jTBC

Shinhwa will become the legend of variety in 2012!

Going by the name of “Shinhwa Broadcast”

Taking a variety of genres and formats every week

The programme with a brand new concept “Infinity Broadcast Challenge!”

The 6 members each with strong individual personalities

Will present a genre-breaking variety show that’s real and original!

March 2012! Shinhwa Broadcast finally begins service!

Credits: jTBC + Absolut Shinhwa

[12.03.12] Vid: Mnet interview (Shinhwa’s title track MV filming)

Voiceover: The 3rd spoiler on ‘Unlocked’ (title of the segment). The original dancing gods of the idol world, Shinhwa. Shall we take a sneak preview at their comeback?

Minwoo: The genre is electronica, the title is *bleep*

Voiceover: Hey hey, that won’t do. How can you not tell us about the part we’re most curious about? Shall we take a peek at their costumes then?

Caption: Black & White, an overall clean and sleek concept

Minwoo: There’s also a highlight in the choreography

Voiceover: It can’t be… this penguin dance is the highlight…???

Jin: Please don’t worry

Voiceover: No… So what’s the name of your title track..? Can’t you tell us even one word..?

Minwoo: 1, 2, 3 *bleep*

Credits: pmz@bestiz + Six Senses + Absolut Shinhwa

[12.03.12] ShinCom Twitter update: Messages from RicMinSyungJin

[민우 Min Woo] 신화창조 여러분들~ 설레는 시간~ 좀전에 엠넷 인터뷰영상 봤는데..와우 전율이 온몸에 쫙^^기대해주세요 주황여신님들ㅎ http://t.co/65tUAfSC

[MINWOO] All Shinhwa Changjo~ Time for some excitement~ A while ago I saw the Mnet interview.. Wow a shiver ran through my whole body^^ Please look forward to it, orange goddesses ㅎ

[에릭 Eric] 작년 봄부터 생각해왔던 현대적인 뱀파이어컨셉, 결국 머리를 전부 블랙으로는 안했지만 자켓도 뮤비도 의상도 민우가 작사한 타이틀곡의 가사까지도! 자연스럽게 어우러져 딱딱 맞아떨어지는게 아무리래도 우리 이번에 사고한번치겠다.

[Eric] The modern vampire concept that we’ve been thinking about since last spring, in the end we didn’t go with all black hair but with the album jacket, the music video, the outfits and even the lyrics that Minwoo wrote for the title track! It all naturally matches so well together that I think this time we’re going to get into trouble.

[에릭 Eric] 앨범도 11곡 꽉꽉 채워 최고급 팩케이징으로 준비했고 뮤비도 여러분 청심환 먼저드시고 감상해주세요~ 역대 신화뮤비중 최고의 제작비에 걸맞게 최고의 뮤비가 나올거예요~커밍순. 에대표였습니다.

[Eric] The album is packed with 11 songs and being prepared with packaging of the highest quality, please take some heart-stabilizing pills before viewing the music video~ It will be the best music video befitting the most expensively-produced music video among all of Shinhwa’s music videos~ Coming soon. This has been E-CEO.

[혜성 Hye Sung] 원래 자랑같은거 잘못하는데..다들 아시죠? 이번은 자랑하겠습니다! 뮤비 완전 초초초초초초초초초초 대박입니다. 기대하셔도 좋습니다!!!! 특히 제가 젤 멋지.....흠흠....여섯명 다 멋집니다.

[Hyesung] I’m usually not good at bragging… Everyone knows that right? This time I’m going to brag! The music video is totally supersupersupersupersupersupersupersupersupersuper daebak. I hope you’ll look forward to it!!!! Especially since I’m the best-looking….. Ahem…. All 6 of us are good-looking.

[전진 Jun Jin] 노래라는걸 알면서 저는 이제 랩도 노래도 둘 다 할 수 있을 줄 알았죠. 그런데 파트만 어정쩡하고 ㅜ 하지만! 이번 앨범엔 혼신을 다해 열심히~ 멤버들이 파트를 나눠 줄 정도로 열심히~하고 잘 했습니다ㅎ 기대해주세요!

[JUNJIN] As I learnt how to sing now I thought I could rap and sing. But the parts are ambiguous ㅜ But! I’ve put in my best efforts and worked very hard for this album~ I worked so hard~ that the members shared their parts with me and I did a good job ㅎ Please look forward to it!

[전진 Jun Jin] 제가 이렇게 얘기할 정도면 멤버들은 어떻겠습니까? 안들어보셨으면 말을하지마ㅋ 뮤비에서 멤버들이 나온 모습은 CF의 한장면을 보는듯했습니다 안무하는 모습도 그냥 춤이 아니라 CF의 한장면 같았답니다 기대하시라 개봉강두(에릭닮은)

[JUNJIN] What will the members do if I say this? If they didn’t hear it, don’t tell them ㅋ In the music video, the members looked like they were in a CF. Even during the dance, instead of a dance it’s more like a scene from a CF. Let’s look forward to it. Coming soon* (looks like Eric)

*Translator note: Junjin made a pun on the Korean phrase for ‘coming soon’, which is 개봉박두 (kaebong bakdoo). Instead he wrote 개봉강두 (kaebong kangdoo). Kang Doo (whose real name is Song Yong Shik) is actually a singer/actor who used to be in indie rock band The Jadu and was in Goong S, and has been said to resemble Eric. I personally don’t really think so, but I’ll leave it to you to decide on that. ^_^

Credits: @ShinhwaCompany + Absolut Shinhwa

[2012.03.12] Shinhwa’ s autographed messages to fans in China

ShinhwaSiggies.png

One more article :D

[12.03.12][News] Shinhwa "Win Win" secret guests TonyAn-Moon Hee Jun

201203121645776984_1.jpg

H.O.T.'s Tony An and Moon Hee Jun show their support on Shinhwa's first talk show.

On the 13th on KBS TV2 'Win Win' group Shinhwa who is celebrating their 14 Anniversary will appear as a special guest. Shinhwa's come back to the music industry after 4 years of hiatus has raised a lot of expectations in the public eye.

During the show secret guests Tony An and Moon Hee Jin appear to show their support for Shinhwa. In the past Shinhwa and H.O.T. were both working together under SM Entertainment. They both although competitors they created a close relationship.

On the 12th "Win Win" PD told Osen, "Shinhwa secret guests Tony An and Moon Hee Jun appeared on the show. I wanted to gather these 90's idols under the one roof, like brothers. It was a meaningful meeting between them".

It has been a long time that the 6 members of Shinhwa, Tony An and Moon Hee Jun aren't reunited to talk about memories from the past and about each other (?) also they have a spelending time together.

Shinhwa's "Win Win" episode will be air on March 13 and re-broadcasted on the 20th.

Source: Osen http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109363521

Credit: Shinhwa Nation

Archived