Kim Nam Gil 김남길 ~ An Actors' Actor ~ Upcoming Films : 'The Guardian' | 'Emergency Declaration'

Admin

36 minutes ago, kimchigal2 said:

I'm sure this was probably posted pages and pages back. For new fans of KNG, here's the link to his TVN Lifebar episode. No subs 

https://youngja.org/view1_m.php?url=%2F%2Fwww.dailymotion.com%2Fembed%2Fvideo%2Fk7ItrAJ9fdMwaXmrEbD%3Finfo%3D0%26logo%3D0

I couldn't understand anything that they are saying but I laughed when they played Mishil's theme song haha

• Like 1

23 hours ago, yanki said:

Sorry but... what is monkeying? were they acting like a monkey?

I am not fond of bed scenes as well.... I grew up in strict community so it was hard for me to watch those scenes(especially if I want to watch with my family lol)  Part of what I liked with K-drama's is that...most of them doesn't have those bed scenes...even kissing scenes are not that wild... but lately I think even K-drama are starting to change.

Monkey = extreme making out, also my reference to bed scene.

Same here. As much as I enjoy kiss scenes in dramas especially between my favourite OTP(s), I totally have a hard time accepting bed scenes. Even more vigorous kiss scenes in "Another Oh Hae Young" also feel bothersome to me. If I want to watch something explicit, I would rather watch non-Asian shows like Game of Thrones. 

Anyway, I love KNG's chemistry with Kim Ah Joong (the best so far out of his leading ladies) but shipping is something I won't dare to venture in. I have few OTP(s) that I like but so far, none worked out in real life so I choose not to hope for anything like that. 

• Thanks 1

I never do shipping... since I always thought that maybe it will be uncomfortable for them or that they may like someone else. Oh but there was this part of me that once hope for Hajiwon and JCW lol. Although I don't ship them... I still can't watch their other dramas with other partners or maybe I didn't really became fan of them as individual... (I like Hajiwon tho...if it's in Sageuk)

So KNG was the first one that I ended up becoming a fan. I like his chemistry with LYW and sometimes I couldn't help but think that he had a crush on her during QSD days but... I guess it also help that she was married so I didn't ship them personally (although I ship Bidam and Deokman) and it wasn't that hard for me to see them with other partners in dramas.

Anyway... is it already confirmed that KNG will take another  break from the dramaland? I really hope not....

On 5/19/2015 at 8:49 AM, LyraYoo said:

interview with translations during the Cannes Festival photocall 

Kim Nam Gil speaks in English at the last part . So cute ! :wub:

LyraYoo, thanks for uploading this. Although he only says a few words in English, it seems to me that he understood  English pretty well bc they didn't use a translator to translate the questions unless, that part was cut out :D

• Like 2

Hello, Newbie here. Been a new fan of KNG since LUTYN. Glad that he return to small screen after 4yrs of being hiatus. I read that after this drama he will take another a 4yr break. Is true? Do you guys have an idea why he has to take a break that long? 4yrs is way toooo long for us to see him again. :( is it because of his health or is going to start a family? I'm so confused. Maybe I just really like him that much to the point that reading that post made me blue. 

• Like 2

On 9/30/2017 at 10:08 PM, ehy0301 said:

Hello, Newbie here. Been a new fan of KNG since LUTYN. Glad that he return to small screen after 4yrs of being hiatus. I read that after this drama he will take another a 4yr break. Is true? Do you guys have an idea why he has to take a break that long? 4yrs is way toooo long for us to see him again. :( is it because of his health or is going to start a family? I'm so confused. Maybe I just really like him that much to the point that reading that post made me blue. 

I believe that was just a guess looking at his filming history. Due to the rigorous live filming environment a lot of actors would rather focus on films not to mention dramas tend to be more restrictive of creative freedom for writers compared to films. KNG seemed to go for the types of projects that may not be too popular but has stronger content. I hope to see the filming environment improve in the future i.e more pre-produced dramas so that we will get to see KNG in a drama once every 2yrs. I hope he achieves international recognition for his acting bc he is an amazing actor, I would love to see him at the Cannes more often! Also, congratulation to oppa being the 4th ranked CF male celebrity. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, joowonie said:

4th ranked CF male celebrity

KNG? Wow never thought he had that many endorsements :o I'm happy for him... may I know who is the other 3?

I still wish that he will make another drama asap lol

4 hours ago, yanki said:

KNG? Wow never thought he had that many endorsements :o I'm happy for him... may I know who is the other 3?

I still wish that he will make another drama asap lol

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/09/lee-jong-suk-tops-brand-values-for-film-actors-in-the-month-of-september

not too far off from no 3. Lee Jong Suk, Gong Yoo and Lee Je Hoon were top 3. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1