Kim Nam Gil 김남길 ~ An Actors' Actor ~ Upcoming Films : 'The Guardian' | 'Emergency Declaration'

Admin

Pay attention, @Netizentown especially said not to put his translations on social media, he mentioned soompi. Don't disregard people good intention's wish. You could have made reference to this person and Twitter, but not posting without permission. Have a nice day.

2 hours ago, YuKo Wong said:

Oh.... it seems like "Three Meals a Day" PD wanted to invite KNG to join the hit variety show but it clashed with LUTYN

:(

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?art_id=5482886

Why not asking him to just guest on the show?

I think it's a good getaway for him and feast on E-chef's marvellous creations

:tongue:

Actually the article mentioned that they were asking him to guest star but he seems to be too busy with the filming of LUTYN.

• Like 1

They want him to join the variety show as a host?? I cannot imagine :o but then he said that he is a chatter so lol I wonder about what.

5 hours ago, Camillajames said:

yanki have you seen his kiss scene in Portrait of a beauty? I feel like he is a very gentle person in his kisses :wub:

Hahaha I watched the whole movie kekeke and yes I saw that hot kissing he have with the female lead lol. Although the focus of the camera was more on the girl than him, so I didn't really noticed it that well.... or is it just me? haha

Jun Ji Hyun is just an "IT actress", very popular but not heavyweight like Jeon Do Yeon. Kim So Hyun is average. As for Lee Jun Ki, sure anyone is wondering whatever happened to that promising career especially post "The King and the Clown". I was wondering too since he did not do any movie since 2007. Well, at least some part of it had to do with him being on the blacklist of SK's former President Lee Myung Bak whose political party continue to rule the country for years even after he no longer in office and all I can say, his career partly sabotaged by some nasty politicians. KNG's "Portrait of a Beauty" co-star Kim Gyu Ri also on the list and suffered even worst fate.

Oh I at least thought of Jun Ji Hyun as someone they all respect in terms of her popularity and recognition she got as an actress. Yeah Lee Jun Ki was out for a while but his last year's drama was a big hit outside of Korea... too bad it wasn't that popular in Korea. I made a mistake...it wasn't Kim So- Hyun but Kim Soo-Hyun, the guy from My Love from the Star.

Yeah it's unbelievable that they got into that kind of political mess even though they didn't want to do anything that may affect their country. Oh and here I am wondering whatever happened to KGR after Portrait of a Beauty....so she was included in that list. I thought KNG was also on that list?

Honestly, I was really surprised after seeing some Korean movies these days. Because of Korean drama's I always thought that they are very conservative with what they show on TV and most of those actresses are shy about acting sexy... so I was surprised to see that there are lots of actresses who always show some skin in their movie - especially after watching Frozen Flower the other day. I was so surprised to see Song Ji- hyo in those scenes hehe. My surprised at seeing her is the same level as I got after seeing KNG's compilation of Bed scenes on YouTube:wub: it took me a while to get myself to watch them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, YuKo Wong said:

Blame google translate!

:(

Actually you cna use PAPAGO - naver translate for korean articles.  its a much better translator for sure :)

I wish Na PD can just kidnap him and do a TVN Male Leads Over Flowers.  It'lll be fun to see his bevy of expressions on the trip for sure and put him together with Lee Joon Gi, Kim Joo Hyuk and maybe the lead actor from Forest of Secrets.  Then again, all of them are such major stars... NA PD will probably have a hard time. Hahahaha..

I hope he does some variety soon.  Such a natural for it...

• Like 2

@yanki KNG's never shy of testing the  boundaries eg. No Regret, Portrait of a Beauty. His preference for film is understandable as it allows him freedom of expression and explores gritty topics. K Dramas are typically candy coated rom-coms, governed by strict censorship. It was actually quite startling when I started to watch k movies as my idea of conservatism was totally shaken after scenes of gory violence or nudity are so casually seen in them. Looking at KNG's filmography, it's not hard to see why he could have gotten depression from all the dark themes he had to explore to get into character.

Nonetheless, I am glad to have chanced upon LUTYN and realised what an acting gem KNG is. Although I can't say he is a handsome guy, he has a certain charisma which you can't help but sit up and notice. He executes his scenes with finesse and it's just wonderful watching him.

@kimchigal2 I would love it if Na PD whisks him off for a surprise backpacking holiday like Youth over Flowers. KNG's character seems to be the kind that fits Na PD's type of people he chooses for his shows and it would be great to have KNG on variety show cos I think he has it! Na PD has propelled many celebrities to bigger stardom and popularity as they become more personable. I hope they will get an opportunity to work together some day!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yanki said:

They want him to join the variety show as a host?? I cannot imagine :o but then he said that he is a chatter so lol I wonder about what.

Hahaha I watched the whole movie kekeke and yes I saw that hot kissing he have with the female lead lol. Although the focus of the camera was more on the girl than him, so I didn't really noticed it that well.... or is it just me? haha

Oh I at least thought of Jun Ji Hyun as someone they all respect in terms of her popularity and recognition she got as an actress. Yeah Lee Jun Ki was out for a while but his last year's drama was a big hit outside of Korea... too bad it wasn't that popular in Korea. I made a mistake...it wasn't Kim So- Hyun but Kim Soo-Hyun, the guy from My Love from the Star.

Yeah it's unbelievable that they got into that kind of political mess even though they didn't want to do anything that may affect their country. Oh and here I am wondering whatever happened to KGR after Portrait of a Beauty....so she was included in that list. I thought KNG was also on that list?

Honestly, I was really surprised after seeing some Korean movies these days. Because of Korean drama's I always thought that they are very conservative with what they show on TV and most of those actresses are shy about acting sexy... so I was surprised to see that there are lots of actresses who always show some skin in their movie - especially after watching Frozen Flower the other day. I was so surprised to see Song Ji- hyo in those scenes hehe. My surprised at seeing her is the same level as I got after seeing KNG's compilation of Bed scenes on YouTube:wub: it took me a while to get myself to watch them.

Off topic:

Spoiler

Pity Kim Gyu Ri because she earned some attention from "Portrait of a Beauty" but then because of her statement regarding importing beef that did not sit well with government and so she was blacklisted. Same with Lee Jun Ki, it was the beef import issue that got him on the list. Kim Gyu Ri suffered more because she is a woman whereas Lee Jun Ki survived mainly because of his strong international fanbase. And no, Kim Nam Gil was not on that blacklist, thank god.

I also had a hard time with those graphic nude and sex scenes especially if I like that actor. So, to watch Kim Nam Gil in "action" in Portrait of Beauty really required a lot of courage on my part. In fact, I was not expecting to see him naked in "The Shameless". LOL. But truthfully, one of the reasons I don't enjoy Korean cinemas is because of the explicit elements featured in their movies. Most of the time, I find those nudity and explicit sex unnecessary. I recently watched "A Man and A Woman" starring Gong Yoo and Jeon Do Yeon and gosh do I found the many "monkey"ing totally unnecessary. One is painful enough to watch yet they went to show up to 3 rompings which I really could not understand why.

2 hours ago, kimchigal2 said:

Actually you cna use PAPAGO - naver translate for korean articles.  its a much better translator for sure :)

I wish Na PD can just kidnap him and do a TVN Male Leads Over Flowers.  It'lll be fun to see his bevy of expressions on the trip for sure and put him together with Lee Joon Gi, Kim Joo Hyuk and maybe the lead actor from Forest of Secrets.  Then again, all of them are such major stars... NA PD will probably have a hard time. Hahahaha..

I hope he does some variety soon.  Such a natural for it...

Oh I love the idea especially if Kim Nam Gil and Lee Jun Ki in a program together. Lee Jun Ki is such an energizer bunny, sure he could keep up with Kim Nam Gil if he really likes to talk. But then I know that actors like them have some reservations appearing in reality TV program. Probably because they have to protect their image since too much exposure on their personal fronts will sometimes affecting viewers when watching them in characters.

Although I can't say he is a handsome guy, he has a certain charisma which you can't help but sit up and notice. He executes his scenes with finesse and it's just wonderful watching him.

Yeah KNG is not the type that will make you gasp over his face if you only see him once. So I guess he's one of those who have such a charm that the more you look at them, you just can't help but fall for them. In his case, his charm comes from his acting I think.

The first time I saw KNG was in Kim Sam Soon - but I didn't know who he was that time, I just thought "Oh this doctor is cute" - I thought he will become Hana's partner lol.

But I only got to know him after watching QSD - not too long ago. They aired it in my country and my friends were all going crazy over this so called "Bidam"  they were all like "he's so handsome" but then when I saw a preview for the next episode on TV... the Bidam that I saw was so messy, so dirty, I thought they were just fooling me by calling him handsome just to make me watch this series... I didn't watched it because I thought it was boring.  Then they made a special episode for the whole week that he was in, during weekends. And my mom saw this guy coming out of the cave, she said "that's Bidam???" she thought Bidam would be super handsome because almost everyone is talking about him.

Anyways we were watching another drama that time; My wife is a super woman. So we didn't get to watch QSD.

After watching Empress Ki. I got so hooked into it and signed up here in Soompi and then I saw someone from Empress Ki thread with a gif avatar of Bidam winking at Deokman.. I thought "this must be a romantic comedy, this ugly guy have a crush on her... but he's that goofy character who's main purpose is for laugh" - never did I realized that it was from QSD. I was going to ask that person what's the tittle of that drama but I didn't know how... anyways in order to get over my withdrawal syndrome from Empress Ki... I decided to watch Bidam's fight scene in QSD... the first one that I saw is his fight in that camp (episode 62) so I got spoiled about the ending but I thought, Bidam look so handsome...in that scene... so hot and his fighting skill is so cool and so I decided to watch QSD...funny thing is that... the moment Bidam came out of the cave this time... he suddenly look so cool to me (forget about his dirty feet lol), then when he smiled after throwing them chicken I thought "Oh my god he is actually handsome!!" and now I don't know how to get over him... and KNG I became a fan.

I remember one of his poem..or letter where he felt sad because people kept forgetting about his name (Lee Han) and said that, his face is already forgettable as it is (or not memorable)but then even his name is also forgettable(something like that)

Yeah they have an image they are portraying in front of camera so... I cannot really imagine them in a variety show although it will be nice to get to know more about them.

do I found the many "monkey"ing totally unnecessary.

Sorry but... what is monkeying? were they acting like a monkey?

I am not fond of bed scenes as well.... I grew up in strict community so it was hard for me to watch those scenes(especially if I want to watch with my family lol)  Part of what I liked with K-drama's is that...most of them doesn't have those bed scenes...even kissing scenes are not that wild... but lately I think even K-drama are starting to change.

• Like 1

kimchigal2 The lead guy from Forest of Secrets is Cho Seung Woo and is one of the best actors, including musical actor, I ever seen. Very recognized in S. Korea. As I know he appeared 1 time in a TV show, when he was 24 years, mostly because he need to promote the movie The Classic together with Son Ye Jin. I recommend you to watch Marathon.

KNG is already on the movie path, so I think that he will do dramas from time to time.

Someone said something about his crying scenes; in Lovers Vanished he was having a scene of desperation and crying that I didn't like, but in Bad Guy he was having some master scenes of crying, I will put the link if still exists.

And, yes, he has a personal charm.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, martanur said:

@LyraYoo After reading some articles and comments here...  just hope LUTYN will heal his depression and has more confidence than before. This year, 2017, is his year to rise up and get some success in future *fighting

I hope this is a successful year for him bc he definitely deserves it. The crying scene he did for last week's ep was heart wrenching. His eye are definitely very expressive!

• Like 1