[drama 2006] Alone In Love 연애시대

Guest yeohweping

i just finished episode 5.. i bawled :tears:

the part where eun ho accidentally presses the toy and the lullaby comes on.. she tries so hard to stop it but could not.. and the memories come back.. the memories of their past love.. :tears:

ahhh this drama is really sad... its hard to contain my emotions when i see that the husband still love her so much, and she too... but its like that red string they show at the start of the drama.. their lives have become so complicated and tied up in a big knot..

now i understand why dramaok said that there's so much pain between them that perhaps they should start all over with other people.. but can they really cut off that thread between them?

it's like they're divorced but yet they're really still connected to each other after all this while. Can they really truly live their lives separately without each other's presence completely?

i look at mi yeon and i feel sad too because i love her daughter so much.. mi yeon's daughter is such an adorable kid and i can see that Dong Jin feels so connected to her daughter than the mother.. haha. and it would be so great if that kid had a father as wonderful as dong jin. i feel like crying everytime she looks at dong jin so adorably...

then hyun jeong.. at first i was scared of him cos i thot he was some crazy stalker.. but then as i watch on i start to think wat a great guy too... he's dorky and kinda funny in his own way, and he's not really crazy (hallelujah), plus, he's cute to look at.. :blush: he's really sweet to eun ho too.. :) now i know why blinkiz was telling me that the stalker is sweet and we actually start to question blinkiz's sanity.. haha.. *sorry blinkz*

Dong Jin is such an admirable man.. i loved the fact that despite being a red hot blooded man, when mi yeon tried to seduce him which her amazingly sexy body, he was still such a gentleman about it and went off to exercise instead. haha. I loved every moment he shared with mi yeon's daughter... its so touching and i really wished he was her real father. i think mi yeon wishes that too...

the funniest Dong Jin moment was when he went to that wrestling match and went *BOO BOO* over the big wrestler hahahahaa... so completely and utterly adorable~

it was also so sweet how dong jin met eun ho.. i loved how he changed his hairstyle while he waited for her, and we can see that he was blur then even... even eun ho had to make the first move haha...

i'm really quite surprise that this drama is so good and enjoyable to watch. it makes me laugh and cry easily.. i really hope eun ho and dong jin can overcome the huge knot in their lives and be together again... it makes me sad to think what if they can't be together anymore, what if they have no other choice but to move on and finally cut off that thread that links them ... *cry* so sad...

ps: dramaok.. i just read ur review and synopsis on the main soompi site... two thumbs up! great review :)

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dramaok

now i understand why dramaok said that there's so much pain between them that perhaps they should start all over with other people.. but can they really cut off that thread between them?

i look at mi yeon and i feel sad too because i love her daughter so much.. mi yeon's daughter is such an adorable kid and i can see that Dong Jin feels so connected to her daughter than the mother.. haha. and it

while the romantic in me would be absolutely delighted to see them back together the rationalist in me says that's going down the wrong path again. like eun-ho said she once knew the great love and she doesn't regret it. i feel that the two can move on if they choose to. they just have to admit that what they had was love and they shared it but now it's time to end it. they're just not sure that's what they want and they're not ready to cut the tie yet. but ppl separate and move on all the time, and with time they can let go of the past.

and yes eunsol is adorable. since dongjin is a big kid himself she really brings out the best in him. he is more articulate, more sensible, and sweeter with her than with the 2 adult women. ^^

and i agree this does resemble 'bool sae' in some way..

especially with the baby loss factor

i feel that the two can move on if they choose to. they just have to admit that what they had was love and they shared it but now it's time to end it

maybe when they decided on the separation ..they werent ready for it .so there is lingering thoughts on what if they tried harder .~ ...yes they can move on ..but i think in their mind is hard to just take anyone in ..wont there be any comparision when you do encounter such separation and new relationship..~

^^ i love reading your review~ hope it will attract more ppl to this drama too~ ..

=

am i getting weaker ? i come out of watching esp 4 with quite a heart that experience something sooo just abit too heavy ~ .. :( dang* this writer is tooo good ..~ ...the way it is showing me their respective loneliness .~ ..*those scenes of dong jin waking up and doing routine stuff ..~ i thought those scenes really did make such an impact on me ..haha and including right up to the moment when he realise who move in ~ that was just sooooo hahahaha .~ ...

eunsol is tooo adorable ...though she is just like what dong jin was commenting so lack of expresssion for a kid of 6 year old .till it was too scary for me to see a kid closed up like that ! ....he willl have make a good father wont he ..gosh the scenes of the paper cup phone ...it was too sweet till it make my heart ached ... :( it was really bittersweet .in a way ..dong jin and eun sol together using that string as connection ..and then she simled and i beam too .! .i went ~ omg she simled !! ..

i laugh out loud after what happen in the middle of the night ~ .!! with that phone

her mother ..mi yeon ~ .she suppose to be a darling of all men with her sexy looks but she feel so insecured ..the way she going so all out to with dong jin...she does really yearn for a family does she ..normally when woman experienced what they did with their husband like she does .wont they like hate men .maybe dong jin realy give her that family dream again ...as she use to when she was young to be a mother and wife ..with all the good food she can stired up ........so tempting to a man who eat alone live alone ..

.oh ya i just love the way dong jin talk to himself hahah i just simply enjoy the way GSW did these little moments ~ ..he soo good .!

eun ho...sigh**..the way she love to look at children...is sometimes quite painful to see ...with knowing her loss .. and yes i agree SYJ transformation is .great for this drama ...she had matured somehow ...in the way she become this role ..

and i just wish the sister and the doc become a pair !!!! ....now i know why the doc become the way he is .~ ....gosh .! ..

hah it was a very minor scene but when that the jigsaw fall off the table .!! i feel the pain since i love to do jigsaw too .i am those who willl panic if i cannot find that missing piece ! ...omg how much time to get all the pieces together and with one careless push ..all of it just fall off ! suppose to symoblise their marriage maybe ! ...!! ...

somwhow i like the way this drama is not focing me to witness too much grief at the moment .yet doing it so gently ...but the impact is there ...seeeing her with the foetus scan was enough to get me into feeling that moment of loss and her remembering her child .

maybe when they decided on the separation ..they werent ready for it .so there is lingering thoughts on what if they tried harder .~ ...yes they can move on ..but i think in their mind is hard to just take anyone in ..wont there be any comparision when you do encounter such separation and new relationship..~

i'm so addicted to this drama that even though i wasn't feeling well last night i forced myself to watch episode 6..

and you know... you're right about the drama pushing the emotional stuff bit by bit.. at one point my tears just rushed and the scene didnt even contained any words..

it was just eun sol reaching up to hold dong jin's hand at the book store with mi yeon and dong jin , the three of them looking like a happy family while poor eun ho look so heart broken when she saw them together. I don't know why but I felt so sad at that scene where eun ho was hiding and looking at them secretly..

and ya... that eun sol.. with her lack of expressions can move me so much... the parts where she use those string phones to dong jin and saying those things to him... tore my heart... she's longing for a real father... and dong jin is so wonderful... even if mi yeon and dong jin doesnt work out.. i wish she can call dong jin "appa".. i see the chemistry between gam woo sung and the child actor and i think its just MAGIC.. :)

Guest applescelery

i just finished episode 5.. i bawled :tears:

the part where eun ho accidentally presses the toy and the lullaby comes on.. she tries so hard to stop it but could not.. and the memories come back.. the memories of their past love.. :tears:

Just watched episode 5 too and those scenes were really sad, especially the part where she was sitting alone in the baby's room and her father came in trying to comfort her

But yet, despite all that sadness, it does seem as though they could be happy again if they could tell each other what they really thought... At the end of the third episode dongjin said, after the other guy had confessed that he liked her, that it was the beginning of their separation. Since then, it seems as though everything that is happening is pushing them further apart.

Guest _obsession

heyy, just heard the subs came out...can someone re-up episode one please(HQ if available) but no clubbox..i can't use that =/

thanks!!

heyy, just heard the subs came out...can someone re-up episode one please(HQ if available) but no clubbox..i can't use that =/

thanks!!

please make ur request known in this thread.. http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1241

hopefully you can get your request fullfilled. :)

on a side note.. i was thinking about this drama...

the funny thing about this drama is.. in some scene, the actors/actress don't even need to shed a tear, but i'll be crying myself silly just looking at them..

that's why this drama wows me :rolleyes:

Just watched episode 5 too and those scenes were really sad, especially the part where she was sitting alone in the baby's room and her father came in trying to comfort her

But yet, despite all that sadness, it does seem as though they could be happy again if they could tell each other what they really thought... At the end of the third episode dongjin said, after the other guy had confessed that he liked her, that it was the beginning of their separation. Since then, it seems as though everything that is happening is pushing them further apart.

ya .. i also think they should be together... i was thinking about what dramaok said about how they can move on if they acknowledge their love for each other.. but at the back of my mind i was thinking surely that is impossible too.. how do you acknowledge love and then try to end it? isnt real love beyond our control? we cannot stop our feelings of love.. instead many times we are controlled by the emotions instead of us controlling it.

I'm sure EH and DJ did try to stop loving each other while they were separated, but still failed. Would the presence of two potential love interest make them stop loving each other?

somehow, i think if they still love each other, they shud be with each other and not with other people.. its just not right. how can they ever be sure that their feelings for one another is gone if they know that they have loved each other all these while..

did anyone else notice the movie displayed behind gws when he was at the video shop??? keke ... i was laughing when i saw 'marriage is a crazy thing' cover behind him. this was at the scene when he ran into syj's friend with the daughter.

i want to hide dong-jin somewhere ... far from that sexpot with super cooking skill and that cute lil non-smilling girl. *sigh* ... someone give me a pair of scissors so i can cut that phone line.

did anyone else notice the movie displayed behind gws when he was at the video shop??? keke ... i was laughing when i saw 'marriage is a crazy thing' cover behind him. this was at the scene when he ran into syj's friend with the daughter.

i want to hide dong-jin somewhere ... far from that sexpot with super cooking skill and that cute lil non-smilling girl. *sigh* ... someone give me a pair of scissors so i can cut that phone line.

HAHAHA... i was talking to blinkz last night about this drama and we really think that kid is super dangerous...

i think if dong jin really want to severe ties with his wife it will be for that kid.. who looks at him like he's her daddy who left her and want him to never leave her again... HMPH.. i really love that kid... that i think the little kid even tied a knot to my heart each time she appears.. not good *shakes head* not good indeed... *goes to find a scissors somewhere too*

we think that its gonna get frustrating like bool sae soon with that kid hanging around and Dong Jin being such a 'DUH' man.

i'll let blinkz explain her theory about men are stupid in kdramas.. hahaha... *blinkz where are you?? woo hoo?*

withbanfpic6ug.gif

Episode 1

Main Translator: hot_saranghe

Spot Translator: sgwannabe

Timer: CraZyaH

Editor/QC: ay_link

Coordinator: mily2

D-Addicts Official Subs Thread

Thank you sooooo much for the wonderful sub. I watched the 1st episode a day after it was shown. I was lost then even though I believed it was real good.. hmmm. But now after rewatching it with sub I'm convinve this is a great drama... smart and witty. :) Thanks again... I can already feel the heartbreak.

Just wanted to add in the Official thread directory, this drama is still called Not Alone In Love.

HAHAHA... i was talking to blinkz last night about this drama and we really think that kid is super dangerous...

i think if dong jin really want to severe ties with his wife it will be for that kid.. who looks at him like he's her daddy who left her and want him to never leave her again... HMPH.. i really love that kid... that i think the little kid even tied a knot to my heart each time she appears.. not good *shakes head* not good indeed... *goes to find a scissors somewhere too*

we think that its gonna get frustrating like bool sae soon with that kid hanging around and Dong Jin being such a 'DUH' man.

i'll let blinkz explain her theory about men are stupid in kdramas.. hahaha... *blinkz where are you?? woo hoo?*

actually ... dong-jin not really that 'DUH' except when it comes to his ex-wife. i mean he's like perfectly aware of that woman's gameplan & his alarm goes off so loudly whenever she makes a move on him ... if he's 'DUH' ... he would be thinking it's all really a coincidence which he didn't. the only thing is ... he's nice ... and she's using sob-sob story & lil girl to reel him. i'm only up to 4 so not sure if he really gets 'duh' later on but at the moment i'm just getting the helpless signs from him ... short of being cruel to lil girl or mommy ... how to get rid of them or say i ain't interested?

*sigh* ... now i know why blinkz sighing away.

please make ur request known in this thread.. http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1241

hopefully you can get your request fullfilled. :)

on a side note.. i was thinking about this drama...

the funny thing about this drama is.. in some scene, the actors/actress don't even need to shed a tear, but i'll be crying myself silly just looking at them..

that's why this drama wows me :rolleyes:

ya .. i also think they should be together... i was thinking about what dramaok said about how they can move on if they acknowledge their love for each other.. but at the back of my mind i was thinking surely that is impossible too.. how do you acknowledge love and then try to end it? isnt real love beyond our control? we cannot stop our feelings of love.. instead many times we are controlled by the emotions instead of us controlling it.

I'm sure EH and DJ did try to stop loving each other while they were separated, but still failed. Would the presence of two potential love interest make them stop loving each other?

somehow, i think if they still love each other, they shud be with each other and not with other people.. its just not right. how can they ever be sure that their feelings for one another is gone if they know that they have loved each other all these while..

Oh wow, the old crew and new ones are back with great analysis and opinions at last! im so happy now :w00t:;)B)

You know im a true and hopeless romantic at heart but quite frankly, i think that both of them should move on. I know i know im expecting tomatoes to be thrown at me at any moment :vicx: now but if you really think about it, there is just too much emotional baggage that both of them carry with another that i think that despite their mutual love for another (to be expected since you married and loved each other in the past) but also, that baggage makes you too comfortable and paralyzes you with fear of moving on and trying new things and meeting new people. I think that is what the red jumbled up string represents, not obstacles to their relationship but rather that raw fear of trying and meeting new people and experiencing life outside your comfot zone.

You know, Blinkz, i was thinking the same thing about that kid, but really in the end, its her mother that disturbs me the most because she is using her own daughter as emotional blackmail. Granted it could be a subconscious sort of thing but do you blame her though. She is seeking comfort and her way of doing that is through her daughter. i think that this part of the storyline is a reflection of korean society in general. For single mothers/fathers, its particularly difficult to get back into the 'game' than it is anywhere else in the world due to old school beliefs, traditions, customs, etc despite the many modernizations in korean society, the confucion system is still an integral part of life there.

I think armanigrl mentioned it but this drama definitely reminds me of Bool Sae without all that crazy girl in between and the perfect guy to fall back on sort of thing. None of them are perfect by far, all of them have some sort of emotional issue that they are dealing with that cant be easily resolved or forgiven but this time, everyone's characters are so real and haunting.

Since its the weekend, i have to catch up on everything that i missed and will give full analysis later on

See everyone around :w00t:

Guest chubbyone

I have just found out about this great new drama. Can anyone be so kind as to give me a link for episode 1(I know that I'm really late).

Please! :tears:

Guest Syjfan

Anyone find EH's sister cute? Another plus of this drama is all the cute and funny supporting cast such as EH's sister, the doctor and especially the lady wrestler...ha ha..

I think this is the first time I am seeing a main character of a drama having a wrestler friend.

And all of them are so concerned that EH and DJ get back together and they all noticed how much they still love each other.

Can someone tell me where I can find the review written by dramaok?

Guest mhugh

Oh wow, the old crew and new ones are back with great analysis and opinions at last! im so happy now :w00t:;)B)

You know im a true and hopeless romantic at heart but quite frankly, i think that both of them should move on. I know i know im expecting tomatoes to be thrown at me at any moment :vicx: now but if you really think about it, there is just too much emotional baggage that both of them carry with another that i think that despite their mutual love for another (to be expected since you married and loved each other in the past) but also, that baggage makes you too comfortable and paralyzes you with fear of moving on and trying new things and meeting new people. I think that is what the red jumbled up string represents, not obstacles to their relationship but rather that raw fear of trying and meeting new people and experiencing life outside your comfot zone.

Well, I won't throw tomatoes at you, but I'll throw verbal darts at you. :P I must be a more hopeless romantic than you, because from the very beginning, I've been hoping they'll get together again. I actually got this not-so-sublime idea from the producers of the drama. Do you remember the red tangled yarn and its thread connecting them and the caption reading something like "Separate them if you can?" I don't think it's the question of whether but how the two main characters will get back together. I think the writer(s) is using not only the sister, the ob-gyn friend, but these prospective romantic interests of each other to realize their love for each other and spur them onto action.

When the rich guy tells EH (SYJ) that true love is a temporary misunderstanding, and that most people come to realize that but some stupid people are forever shackled by that belief. In response, EH tells him, "Then I'm stupid, too," and that even though EH & DJ "have and still are hurting and making it difficult for each other, for both of us, no matter what happens from now on, our love for each other was genuine and we don't regret any part of it. I think that is what love is. My coming to this kind of realization, I acutally owe it to you. I have tried many times to deny it, but I just can't help it." (47:30 - 48:30 episode 6)

I also read in either Korean newspaper or Korean blog that this rich guy is not the only guy that EH will come across. Appaently there is going to be another guy that may present a greater threat to EH & DJ's hopeful reunion.

Archived