[drama 2006] Alone In Love 연애시대

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dadedum

like the scene where

GWS was talking to his friend in the bar and asked him whether he was gay and the bartender who overheard seemed really alert all of a sudden. But there were also some sad moments... Looking forward to the next episodes!

Yeh that was funny. Earlier in the same scene I also lol at the dialogue between GWS and GHJ:

GHJ: "You find this funny? (referring to GWS realising he misunderstood SYJ for spending a night with the young guy in a hotel when in fact they were in the hospital.) Do you know why Jane fell in love with Tarzan in the forest?"

GWS: "Would she have fallen in love with a Cheetah?"

GHJ: "Dude listen. Since the beginning of time, women have always fallen in love with men who rescue them. Even if that man only wears a pair of briefs, it's an unwritten rule. Look at all sorts of 'man' - superman, batman spiderman, they're all like that."

GWS: "Bushman." (referring to a hunting tribe in Africa)

GHJ: "You..."

GWS: "Trolleyman."

:lol:

But my favorite scene so far is probably what went through GWS' head the night/morning before OYA moved next door (about midway through ep 4). I wouldn't have been able to articulate it like the script has, but the few sentences he said in the voiceover I have experienced it before and completely know what his character was feeling. I thought that was some brilliant writing.

I wonder why the ratings of this drama is not picking up...it's such a great show!

Yah, I wonder about it too....

What's the ratings for ep5? I love this drama really. The plot is so refreshing and best of all, we see some real solid acting here. Yehjin is really amazing. She can really pull off every kind of character!!! Really hope the ratings pick up....but then again, who cares about ratings. If it's a quality production, it'll always be regardless of the numbers!

연애시대 fighting!!!

There are some spoilers here!!

The only reason she divorced him (as told by her sister to the Ob-gyn) is because the night their newborn died during birth, he volunteered to work the late shift. I guess she felt like he wasn't there for her when she needed him the most. And he (as he was telling this to his Ob-gyn friend) apparently decided to go along with her because he "doesn't want to hurt her anymore."

From a guy's perpective, his decision to work that night could be his way of dealing with the stress of their newborn's death. And then there is an inkling that the reason the Ob-gyn friend is so gung-ho about getting the two main leads together again is because he had something to do with the newborn's death (?).

And about the radio minister guy, the first page of this thread says that he is the (estranged?) father of the leading lady. If that's the case, it is ironic that she calls him for advice. The last call was somewhat funny, because she asks him what she should do about her girlfriend who wants to date her ex-husband that she still has feelings for and that the reason her girlfriend wants to date him is because she wants her daughter to have a loving father. When her father tells her that "Love is egotistical. That you cannot really truly wish happiness for others if you're not happy yourself" she says out loud after hanging up, "And you call yourself a God's servant? How can love be egotistical? Love should be about being broad-minded. (I'm not sure about the last sentence)."

Sorry about not blocking out some of the spoilers, but I wasn't sure which parts to block out.

hehehe all you have to do is change the color and highlight ^^!!! and yes, i hadn't watched the ep until the part that they explain why they divorced. but i had no idea the radio guy was her father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean, besides saying that in the first post, they haven't really revealed that yet, right?! o_O;; hahahahahaha that makes it even weirder~ :w00t: but i can't wait for E05. [which i'll re-up ASAP btw..]

anyhow, yes.. hahahah ack! i'm sad that the ratings aren't higher, either. >_<!! and even though the ratings shouldn't really "matter," it does make a difference. many people don't watch dramas unless the ratings are high, so alot of people are missing out! plus, the productions etc would differ alot according to ratings. and the actors would feel much better if the ratings were higher!! get some crazy energy, you know?! hehehe i'm still enjoying it, nonetheless! ^^!!

Alone In Love Episode 5

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4YB7QAEN

Thank you Michael, dadedum, mika, dramaok and everyone who wrote about this drama...Your posts helped me so much in trying to understand the story. The way the drama was filmed...I can understand the main ideas...but after reading your posts...I felt like I've been watching another drama all along...missing many of the important points. This makes me sad. Please continue to write your thoughts about the drama...I really enjoy reading your posts.

Alone In Love Episode 5

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4YB7QAEN

Thank you Michael, dadedum, mika, dramaok and everyone who wrote about this drama...Your posts helped me so much in trying to understand the story. The way the drama was filmed...I can understand the main ideas...but after reading your posts...I felt like I've been watching another drama all along...missing many of the important points. This makes me sad. Please continue to write your thoughts about the drama...I really enjoy reading your posts.

thank YOU luv for uploading the eps!!! you are so awsome!!!!! i am going to re-up asap!!!!!!

i didn't realize that my random posts were helping!! in that case.. i'll add a bit more.. ^^!!!! just for you!! hehehe

oh! about why the doctor wants to reunite the couple, you might have already gotten this, but he is a baby doctor!!!!! [i'm having a brain fart! sorry] anyhow, basically, their child died while he was helping give birth! so it was an awful shock, and that's why he had such an awfully abrupt fear of watching a birth. the sister figured this out when she looked through the pictures of him and all the families and babies. the very last picture was the one right before the main couple's. it's such a sad story.. my heart stung when the sister started talking about it. PLUS, the stupid husband had just left his wife while she was giving birth. the abandonment and the loss of the baby was just too much for their marriage.. in my opinion. anyhow, but i think there might be more behind the story of why the husband left, because the doctor seemed to know something, but he didn't really say. [or i just might be over-reaching bc i really like his character, and i don't want him to be evil.] anyhow.. and the young guy in love with SYJ is really the son of a wealthy restaurant/hotel owner?! he actually tells SYJ to just use him if she wants to try again with her ex-husband, and he states that she shouldn't feel bad about using him, because his intentions aren't all that innocent, either. the girl after GWS, SYJ's friend, is really getting psycho in my opinion. i mean, she moves right across from him, just so she can somehow get him to fall in love with him. but she has a sad history, too though, i think her ex-husband must have been a total jerk and just left her.. by the way she scribbles all over his face on the book [he's the author of the book with the black marker marked on it.] but i can see why she suddenly fell for GWS. the way he was with her daughter, it was so sweet. and in the letter he left for her, he wrote that even though he knows it isn't any of his business, he thought showing her hostility towards her ex in front of her daughter wasn't a good idea.. [which i wholeheartedly agree with.] it's funny, because at first, she had only gone after GWS because she wanted to get revenge for SYJ, after she found out he was THE jerk ex-husband. but after that night, she does a total 180. anyhow, i know in the future eps i'm going to go crazy, because as the audience, we always see how much both of them like each other, yet they always miss it. >_<!! *sigh. can't wait for ep5!! muahhahahaha

[sorry for the long post...]

Guest dramaok

after watching episode 5:

i feel so sad for eunho and dongjin after the music mobile scene at eunho's friend's house.

how the sound reminded them of their great loss. how does a couple recover from death of their newborn?

i'm still not sure how the baby died? but i had a roommate in college whose sister's newborn died 2 seconds after birth and the doctors never figured out why either. that was so traumatic for them.

at first i thought eunho and dongjin must get back together at all cost because they love each other so much, but now i'm starting to change my mind. i feel that them being together may remind them too much of their pain so perhaps moving on with other ppl is a better choice...

this drama is just so brilliantly written isn't it? i hope more ppl watch it. i'm gonna write a review for it on the soompi mainsite and hopefully more folks will fall in love with this too....

Guest rainy75

Alone In Love Episode 5

Luv, arent you watching this drama in subs? I think this drama would be more meaningful if you are able to watch in subtitles cuz the dialog is the main gist .. alot of their concerns for each other are expressed indirectly thru their words.. and their feelings/thoughts are voiced out to the audience ..... whenever they are alone...

I just fin watching ep4 c subs..

i thought the little gal is really so lonely.. the mum OYA just leaves her alone at home while she goes out.. i was like :o

It so heart warming to see the little gal smile for the first time when GWS completed the papercup speaking thing and test it out with her from his home to her home..

and also late in the night when GWS was reading a book.. he started reading a book in bed.. when he start hearing his name being called out ... :lol::lol:

it sounded so scary ... when suddenly.. it was the sound coming from tht cup ... :lol:

like what dadedum has mentioned, the night scene before OYA moved in was funny.. how he started to feel something weird... and his expression when greeting OYA .. then running away... :lol:

after watching episode 5:

i feel so sad for eunho and dongjin after the music mobile scene at eunho's friend's house.

how the sound reminded them of their great loss. how does a couple recover from death of their newborn?

i'm still not sure how the baby died? but i had a roommate in college whose sister's newborn died 2 seconds after birth and the doctors never figured out why either. that was so traumatic for them.

at first i thought eunho and dongjin must get back together at all cost because they love each other so much, but now i'm starting to change my mind. i feel that them being together may remind them too much of their pain so perhaps moving on with other ppl is a better choice...

this drama is just so brilliantly written isn't it? i hope more ppl watch it. i'm gonna write a review for it on the soompi mainsite and hopefully more folks will fall in love with this too....

i would think ..

this is a test for them... i hope they can be back together ...

if they are able to overcome it and learn to accept this fact.. they will grow to cherish and love what they have even more... It is traumatic.. but birth and death is inevitable....

In time, they can have another baby ... but the 1st born will always be there... in their memory.. forever...

just some of my rubbish ramblings ... :unsure:

Same question as you, is GWS married? I've thought he was..

yes .he is married ..i think he and his wife were a couple for like more then 10 years i think i read before .they get married .

Was hooked on the show after watching the first two episodes. Really like the chemistry between the two main leads and the supporting cast is very good as well. There's a rather dreamy feel to the whole drama... it seems more like a movie than a typical drama and there are a lot of funny moments throughout the drama, like the scene where

GWS was talking to his friend in the bar and asked him whether he was gay and the bartender who overheard seemed really alert all of a sudden. But there were also some sad moments... Looking forward to the next episodes!

yes .~ the writing is really good in this drama ...and the movie feel is there .the way some of the scenes are shot and the story flow ~ .and i just think GSW is perfect for this role ~ ...he so fun to watch !~and that special voice of his ~ .. ..so with ease the way he come into this role .~ i just finished esp 1 and 2 ~ ....when i realise the loss of their baby .for some reason it make me remember the movie A DAY ...the baby too died within the minute it was born ~i remember how i teared for that movie and somehow i see a link between that and this movie .how the couple cope with the loss of something that should have bond them instead it drive them apart ..

ohh btw .the stalker .haha i thought he was so cuttee but then so ...giving u the shivers sometimes when he look at her ~ ...really someone like what i will find in a jdrama ..~ ..ohh and i like the doctor and the sister ~ they are such an entertaining pair ~

omg..is it really correct ..the radiot station DJ ...relationship with SYJ ...ohhh btw i was pleasantly surprised to seee the actor in this drama ..he such a good actor ~ .mr kim.. .~

being together again is easy to wish for ~ but when u really has this fear of what if you hurt each other again ..then it become really something that is not really easy ....

now it make me want to go read the novel .

Thank you so much mika & dramaok...It's so sad to hear about the true reason for the break up. It's so unfortunate and heartbreaking. I still feel that they should get back together because if they don't overcome the lost together, both of them will never be happy even if they're able to move on and be with someone else. The scar will still be too deep and will stay with them for the rest of their lives.

Hi Rainy...

Since I don't understand Chinese and know very little Korean...I know it's really hard to fully appreciate this drama. Up until now...I watch it using my feelings mostly. Since I invested so much feelings into this drama...it's now hard for me to let go...meaning to stop watching...hehe...I'm pretty sure I'll watch it again after the subtitles or DVDs come out...It will be a totally different experience for sure :)

I'm just happy that everyone here is helping me so I'm not too far from the real story.

Ratings for episode 5:

8. 월화드라마<연애시대> SBS 12.3 Nationwide

6. 월화드라마<연애시대> SBS 13.6 Seoul

Some pictures...

bscap0196xv.jpg

bscap0259ip.jpg

bscap0334gh.jpg

bscap0526ls.jpg

bscap0707lt.jpg

bscap1072nd.jpg

bscap1687lc.jpg

bscap2056yq.jpg

bscap2742qg.jpg

bscap3096vj.jpg

bscap3733kr.jpg

^this is based on a novel?! i didn't know that!!! o_O;;;

ack! i still haven't been able to watch E05... *sniff.

ya suppose to be adapted from a japanese novel by Nozawa Hisashi ~ .there a production report written by Mr X posted in the front few pages ..~ you can check it out .here the extract on the writer .

i never know it was the same writer who wrote sleeping forest and also ice world .his drama is pretty suspense stuff ..~ .very good writer just whenever it is time to reveal the mystery .the story tend to get abit ..not tied up .~ that my person opinion .~ but still i like the jdramas he wrote ~

200601110046.jpg

It was a morning in June 2004, when acclaimed TV writer Nozawa Hisashi was found hanged in his office, leaving behind only a suicide note. Nozawa started working for Yomiuri TV in the mid 80s, and became one of the most popular TV writers in the country, winning important accolades like the Edogawa Ranpo Prize in 1997, and the Yoshikawa Eiji New Writers Prize in 2001. Of course, to Dorama fans, he's probably remembered more for things like 眠れる森 (Sleeping Forest), starring SMAP member Kimura Takuya and a familiar face for Korean film fans, Nakamura Toru of 청연 (Blue Swallow) and 2009 로스트 메모리즈 (2009 Lost Memories). His 1998 novel 'Love Generation' won several prizes, and told the story of 26 year old Eto and 34 year old Hayase, who after divorcing slowly re-discover their sentiments for each other. That of adapting Japanese novels for Korean TV Dramas and films has become a full-fledged trend in the last two years, with a good half dozen films using a Japanese source as their foundations releasing in late 2006.

Guest anjandy

Yes...I agree with dramaok....a lot of people are missing on on this wonderful drama!!! If only they get to try it, I am sure they will fall in love with it!!!

I hope we could all campaign to try to make the others watch this drama...too bad they've been missing out. :(

Guest dadedum

Another thing, there must be more to the young guy (can someone tell me his name so I don't keep referring to him as such :sweatingbullets:) that what we're seeing. In the flashback scene, why did I get the impression that he only had months to live or he was just diagnosed with some sort of disease? I deleted my eps already but didn't he say something about living/dying? In the midst of his madness he also smashed some white powdery stuff on the ground. I wonder what his story is... This is probably when Nozawa Hisashi's mystery-writing ability comes into play. I love the Ice World drama, so I'm impressed that the ambience of AIL is completely different.

Guest anjandy

I'm quite impressed with Ye Jin in this drama...she can be funny in an understated kind of way. :) Very refreshing!

Can anyone tell me what the preview is for tonight's ep? I'm so jealous of you guys who could watch this live!

Archived