Auditioned For An Entertainment Company Yet?

ilovesuperjunior

Guest sleepyness

Name: Soozie

Nationality: Vietnamese

What company you want to audition for: YG or Brosent.

What your talent is: Singing

How do your parents feel: Dad is oblivious to everything, mom thinks that I have false high hopes.

What has been holding you back: Practice, learning how to dance, parents. x_X;

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saranghae ... mimi

@ Hanh - my name is Hanh too^^ more specifically MyHanh ...

i`ve already auditioned for SM like many others ... but i dont think i really want to do that whole thing again ...

it was fun and thrilling and all ... but the wait after the audition is really nerve-racking and headache inducing ...

Name: MyHanh or just ... Mimi :D

Nationality: Vietnamese, 1/4 Chinese

What company you want to audition for: SM

What your talent is: Singing, Acting

How do your parents feel: Mom supports me 100%, she`s the one that tells me to keep checking my email ^^ ... Dad doesnt really care?

What has been holding you back: Fear of Rejection & Fear of Failure ...

:P

Mimi unni.

i have an INTENSE fear of rejection. i know this sounds corny, but it literally hurts my heart. my heart aches.

it hurts more than when im physically hurt or when someone calls me something racist or something. i dont know, but it just does.

but my dad always told me to never let get anything to get to me, because if its something you really want, you would never give it up. you might think of giving up, but in the back of your head... you know its all talk.

yo is anyone going to Korea over the summer? i might go and audition then... i dunno. maybe ill see someone! lol

ill wear a shirt that says SOOMPI ahahahah that would be hilarious.

Name: Meuy (may)

Nationality:mien/thai/laos

What company you want to audition for: bros/YG

What your talent is: singing

How do your parents feel: hm.. not sure cause never really talked to them about it..>.< i dont think my dad will really care but its my mom.. she gets pretty *itchy sometimes...

What has been holding you back: practice...

Guest omintakamuiahno

Name: Kiseki (Three Girl Group)

Nationality: Caucasian/White

What company you want to audition for: Any and every, but we'd really like to try for YG Ent.

What your talent is: Singing, Rapping, Dancing, Writing Songs

How do your parents feel: Well on an individual basis, I think most of our parents are like "What!?" and don't really think twice about it.

What has been holding you back: We're working on a demo... We've been practicing a long time and definately improving. We're practicing until we get good enough in hopes that the entertainment companies will recognize our talent and overlook the fact that we're non-Koreans. <3

When we're done our demo, we'll be posting it on Soundclick and I hope to put it on here! Please support us <3

Mimi unni.

i have an INTENSE fear of rejection. i know this sounds corny, but it literally hurts my heart. my heart aches.

it hurts more than when im physically hurt or when someone calls me something racist or something. i dont know, but it just does.

but my dad always told me to never let get anything to get to me, because if its something you really want, you would never give it up. you might think of giving up, but in the back of your head... you know its all talk.

yo is anyone going to Korea over the summer? i might go and audition then... i dunno. maybe ill see someone! lol

ill wear a shirt that says SOOMPI ahahahah that would be hilarious.

To be brutally honest, if you can`t get over the fear of rejection, you`re not cut out for the entertainment world.

Mimi unni as well.

If you`re that scared, that much hurt about it, you won`t be able to make it through. You should listen to your dad. Don`t let it get to you. Don`t let the rejection get to you. Don`t let the critisism get to you and tangle your emotions. If you let it get to you, you won`t survive in the jungle. Brush it off and use it for the better. Audition again after you get better, if you`re willing to, that is. But if you, or anyone else can`t get over that "hurtful" feeling by even just THINKING about it, how can you take it when you actually do get dropped or rejected in reality? And this is just auditioning....you haven`t even gotten in yet, and you`re afraid of what`s to come.

You have to get tough now, or forget about auditioning. Period.

To be brutally honest, if you can`t get over the fear of rejection, you`re not cut out for the entertainment world.

Mimi unni as well.

If you`re that scared, that much hurt about it, you won`t be able to make it through. You should listen to your dad. Don`t let it get to you. Don`t let the rejection get to you. Don`t let the critisism get to you and tangle your emotions. If you let it get to you, you won`t survive in the jungle. Brush it off and use it for the better. Audition again after you get better, if you`re willing to, that is. But if you, or anyone else can`t get over that "hurtful" feeling by even just THINKING about it, how can you take it when you actually do get dropped or rejected in reality? And this is just auditioning....you haven`t even gotten in yet, and you`re afraid of what`s to come.

You have to get tough now, or forget about auditioning. Period.

yea i understand what your saying. and its not so much of a fear of rejection from companies though. its more of rejection from individuals. from people i know, and they just push me aside. well i guess its not really rejection... more being unimportant i guess

because for companies... cmon there is more than just one. and if i dont know the people... i wont feel embarassed or humiliated. psh they'll forget my name in a second.

Name:Eddy Kim

Nationality: korean

What company you want to audition for: JYP/YG

What your talent is: acting,dancing, recently rapping

How do your parents feel: would enjoy me famous

What has been holding you back: practice, no professional help, low/short vocal range

i set up a goal 2 eyars ago that i will go at least impress JYP or YG, but sorta gave up because my voice wasnt satisfying these last 2 years.. so recently im practicin rapping if i CAN do it..

Name: michelle

Nationality: vietnamese

What company you want to audition for: SM or any other [still looking around]

What your talent is: guitar, songwriting [learning how to pop and lock/breakdancing/dancing & singing]

How do your parents feel: eh.. i never really talked to them about it, but im sure they dont support it =[

What has been holding you back: lack of practice and laziness. i'm trying to work on it as much as i can now though

Guest yooniceland

Name:Eunice or Somin

Nationality:Korean

What company you want to audition for:ALL korean entertainment companies that lets me debut(SM and YG is preferable)

What your talent is:anything involved in music particularly. but, specifically, singing, dancing(?), and playing instruments.

How do your parents feel: they have no clue. I know that they prolly won't approve, I'll end up sneaking out if i ever do make it.

What has been holding you back:my insecurities with my body, feelings that my recordings suck, and my parents' (possible) reaction. Also that I never had a dance/singing lesson, i just did everything on my own, AND the fear that I put myself out there, but I never debut or that I end up as nothing. also, im kind of shy alot, so i don't really go out and perform unless i know that it's the closest thing to perfect, the anti fans, they kind of scare me, but that's at the bottom of my list.

I've been involved in music since before i even started kindergarten, but all the stuff that i did, my parents thought of it as a hobby, and I probably wanted become a singer since... forever.

^ yea i taught myself how to dance, and everyone says im really good and ask me where i trained... and im like "my room...?" lol

ive always loved singing and dancing and entertaining is the best! but my parents also thought it was just a phase, until i sat my dad down and was like "i want an acting agent" ahahah funny day. so dont worry eunice, you're not alone

Name: Wendy Ng

Nationality: chinese

What company you want to audition for: Yg or brosent

What your talent is: piano & violin. a little experience of singing & dancing. want to get in for singing though

How do your parents feel: they don't know, and if they probably did they wouldn't approve of it.

What has been holding you back: amount of skills i have. I want to do better before i actually send in the demos. also school & parents, friends. a lot of things ....

Guest aznbrian

Name: dongyoung

Nationality: korean

What company you want to audition for: sm, yg, jyp, and bros

What your talent is: mm.. singing..? i derno. i pretty sure i can learn how to dance.

How do your parents feel: as long as i dont fall behind weather im in us, korea, africa. whereever >__<;

What has been holding you back: lack of pratice and their critisizm. i can`t really rap .. or anything. and my voice is a tenor.. so i have a really hard time getting notes im comfortable with and im sorta.. scared..?

Guest starstargumi3

Name: Gi Young Hong (pronounced Ji-Young but preferred to be called GG)

Nationality: Korean (uhhh but born in the U.S.)

What company you want to audition for: brothers/yg/jyp

What your talent is: singing, dancing, acting

How do your parents feel: they are so-so about it- they think i should think about something else to do with my life.

What has been holding you back: lack of practice, no auditions i can make time for, school

Guest Cheeseburgerplease

Name: Michelle

What company you want to audition for: SM YG JYP BRO ENT

What your talent is: communication LOL

How do your parents feel: against it

What has been holding you back: I am not really scared of rejection because i am techincally use to it.. hahaha what's holding me back is college.. cuz i just got in x_X

Guest RainJYPE

Name:Lester

Nationality:Japanese/Filipino

what company: JYP

Talent:Dancing,Singing,Acting *They say my voice is really good but i think that is all joke*

How do my parents feel:They dun know

What has Been Holding you back:*My nationality*

Guest Fashion

Name: Mihyun. [:

Nationality: Korean, but I can't speak -__-;

What company you want to audition for: I haven't really given it much thought, but I have super connections in YG. O__o;

What your talent is: I'm the best at rapping. I can keep up with 50cent, yo ;o -gets shot-

How do your parents feel: Harhar....

What has been holding you back: I don't know if I really want to get into singing. O__o; It isn't exactly my dream job, but hey. It'd be so much fun.

Not much motivation, as you can see, and motivation is what you need to drive you and make you become the best.

Thus, I have no chance at all. Still, it's fun to pretend. O__o; I suppose.

Yeah, about the rejection thing, I think everyone's afraid of rejection.

But if you can't learn to deal with it, entertainment isn't the way to go. Every corner you turn, you'll meet an obstacle, haters, antifans, whatever. You'll get hatemail, etc. And if you can't deal with it, you'll be breaking down right before every concert, thus affecting your performance. Actually, any performance would be hindered by the fact that you're afraid of rejection.

If you act confident, then you can bring out the best in you. [:

I think confidence and motivation are the two most important factors (besides your ability -__-; ). Without it, it's hard to succeed.

Which is why I'd be reluctant to try out. I have neither. D:

But other than that, good luck ;D

Name: u-lynn

What company you want to audition for: mainly sm but anyone's one.

What your talent is:d dancing dancing dancing, singing? {nt sure bout that lol}

How do your parents feel: not surportive a single bit. I pay for my own courses and go secretly :blink:

What has been holding you back: i think i wanted to be a performer since i was a kid? lol. i think i told my parents when i was younger and they just laughed it off or sth. even after i got thru an audition for a dance show. it didnt change their mind.

i do need my passport to travel to kr to audition lol. =X

Guest Hello! Project

Name: Nozomi/Mimi

What company you want to audition for: Just about anything right now, but especially YG.

What your talent is: Singing, Dancing, Drama Act (I`m funny in an entertaining way, but I haven`t honed the skill, I couldn`t possibly do that on screen and make it genuine)

How do your parents feel: I haven`t told them about Korean auditions, but if I did, it would be something like this: "Wha--*laughs, laughs* HAHA, why would you audition for a Korean label?? THEY DON`T WANT YOU, THEY DON`T WANT SOMEONE WHO CAN`T SPEAK KOREAN, I`m sure they can find their own people...why don`t you just audition somewhere else?? Can you even sing? You haven`t sung for us EVER!!"

What has been holding you back: I don`t speak Korean, I`m not Korean. =[

Archived