Auditioned For An Entertainment Company Yet?

ilovesuperjunior

Guest saranghae ... mimi

i havent dreamed of doing it all my life like you have ...

but i know that ever since i was little i`ve loved to sing.

cannot forget that time i sang "MyHeartWillGoOn" on the karaoke machine after watching Titanic for the 3rd time ... ;P

i know what you mean Ving [o0hsvinqieee] ...

there isn`t many people who will support you if you tell them about it ...

mostly only because there is a big chance that you will fail and your life will be nothing after that ...

so they want it so that you wont have to go through that big heartbreak after a failing attempt ...

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaaym33h

Name: coco

Nationality: korean

What company you want to audition for: sm or yg

What your talent is: dancing&& singing

How do your parents feel: they think im just jokingg&& think im jus going through lyk a phasee

What has been holding you back: the thought of rejection&& i just doint think im good enough

Guest SMiiLE**

Name: ---

What company you want to audition for: SM i think..?

What your talent is: singing

How do your parents feel: mm.. my mom knows and is supporting me.. but i think my dad doenst really care?? i was going to audition for the Global Audition and he agreed that i could. (same with my mom)

What has been holding you back: lack of practice && maybe not good enough?? i dont know..

Guest SOUL'd to:GD

Name: Janny

Nationality: Thai/Chinese (Well actually full Chinese but it's a long story ><)

What company you want to audition for: YG Family

What your talent is: Singing, I can dance but sitll practicing, and I know a little piano.

How do your parents feel: Well my dad supports me because he says he thinks I have a good voice, and my brothers too.

What has been holding you back: The fact that I'm NOT Korean and I just don't think I'm good enough for YG :(

1. I think I'm ugly and fat ><

2. My voice.. i think I need more practicing

3. I'm not Korean, not even 1% (like said above).

4. I'm not really able to write my owns songs yet etc. or let's just say, NOT ENOUGH talents

I WANT to audition for Brosent first to get into YG... but I'm too scared to do it

Guest The Legend

^ Don't think negative about yourself!

YG looks mainly for talent and less on looks, and they don't care if you're korean! (im not and i'm going to audition)

Basically, everyone here needs to practice, so just keep practicing on!

and I can't write songs either...>< I wish I could but I can't

I still can't decide either to go to Bros first or YG, but i might end up sending my clips to both :sweatingbullets:

Guest christina.

Name: Christina

Nationality: Chinese & Vietnamese

What company you want to audition for: SM / YG (Korea) or a major Taiwanese (I think my Chinese is HK though.. AHA. I don't know what it is, honestly.) company. :3 I don't know any Taiwanese companies.

What your talent is: ...haha. I really don't know. But! I've always been practicing facial expressions in mirrors/windows since I was little? xD; I don't know why. Maybe that'll help towards acting?

How do your parents feel: They don't know about this. My mom refuses to let me study abroad, so what do you think? o-o; Haha.

What has been holding you back: I can't play instruments (only the clarinet back in 6th grade.. never went to band ever again). I have no vocal or dance training. I really need some.. I can only speak English! And I have no idea to choose acting or singing. Auditions are always so far away. No teachers here for vocal lessons or dancing? (That I know of). I wanted to be a chef or a photographer.. but acting and singing are top choices as well. But! I can't cook or take photographs well/afford a nice camera and as I stated before.. no teachers for vocal or dance lessons. I get intimidated easily by good singers. When I think I sing well but listen back to my recording.. it makes me feel worse. And that's all? I think.. HAHA. My grades are dropping a bit, so I guess I wouldn't be able to handle all that. Maybe. But I'd like to try if the chance would ever come. I always wanted to be in a close group like S.E.S. (my idols) or at least work with a lot of my other idols such as DBSK, BoA, Shinhwa, Fly to the Sky, Lee Hyori (she's an angel) and Jay Chou. (Jay Chou is one of my biggest idols in the singing industry. For acting.. probably Kim Tae Hee, Jeon Ji Hyun, Yoon Eun Hye, Ariel Lin. Ariel Lin's ISWAK acting inspired me SO much to pursue acting...) Ever since I was little, I wanted to be in an entertainment enviornment like how SM Town had in their JINGLE BELLS video. I'd watch it so many times and wish to have something as wonderful as that. I'm super super shy, but I hope that this kind of experience would help ease my fear (or I'll always have a stage phobia like Micky haha). But sometimes.. I'd think that if my desire to work with my idols were really passions or simply just infatcuation, which hurts me to think that way. Acting seems even more fun to work with my idols. I have a few pros and cons against acting and singing. But I really don't know what to choose. Probably acting since it's a bit easier.. and I seem to be more interested (a lot more interested) in acting rather than singing. But I don't know.

Woah. I complain a lot. Oh well, like anyone's reading this? :] I have more somewhere I think.. but I'll stop there haha.

-Christina

Guest saranghae ... mimi

haha dont say that christina.

i read it ALL.

seems like you wanna go for it all but dont have enough courage?

not trying to be rude ... i hope it doesnt sound rude ... :P

i wanna add acting to my "talents" area ...

i`m pretty good at fake crying :DD

ahah my sister and friends always fall for it XP

plus any other acting ... and i remember scripts and lines really quickly.

i only thought of it because i had to do a short play in my LA class ... and people said that my acting was pretty good ^^

dont be negative people ...

you always have a chance if you want it enough ...

quotes ...

"... if you want it enough, all you have to learn to do is to get out there and grab it ..."

"anything under the sun is attainable if you put your heart into it ..."

i dont remember where i got those ..

but everytime i start doubting .. those kinds of quotes pop into my mind to make me feel better ...

its kind of like a mantra for me .. ;P

Guest hayonju

Name: Hayon

Nationality: Korean

What company you want to audition for: Brothers/YG

What your talent is: dance

How do your parents feel: education is important but what i want to do is also important

What has been holding you back: my singing... lack of confidence..

i have musical talents... but i don't kno. i LOVE dancing. im a very shy girl.. and i don't think i have much of a confidence.

im the type of girl that wants to do everything.. but SOMETHING is holding me back.. i don't kno tho :[

i play the flute and piano for about 6-7 years.

i know i can become other things.. but this is what i want. any advice? when i get a d-cam.. i was going to start recording and just keeep sending audition tapes to brothers of yg.

my resolution for this year was to get into an entertainment... but if i don't by the end of the year.. i thought about just giving up and becoming something else.. -.-

Guest kimseo

Like Mimi said, the main thing people lack is confidence.

People just think they lack talent, but very rarely people actually don`t have talent.

But I said very rarely.

And don`t use the "tone deaf" excuse. Only 2% of people in the world is actually tone deaf.

If you`re going for ANY company, mainly YG, I suggest you gain a whole lot of confidence.

SM..maybe, since they really don`t "particulary" look at your looks, but charisma and how you appear to the camera. [i did hear that if you signed with SM they make you sign this 신체포기각서 like where they can do anything to your body and you have no say in it, but ignore me because that was a rumor. :x]

But anyway, if you have absolutely no confidence or pride, I seriously suggest you to find some immediately or just forget about even auditioning.

Talent may be good, but it`s nothing when you can`t get yourself in front of an audience (big or small) and perform like you love it and with no sweat. If you really really wanted this, and were really determined, you would have to get over the whole "Oh, I`m not good.." or "What will they think of me? What if they think I`m bad?" thing, because the reality is, everyone has their own opinion, and that`s just something you have to face not only in the entertainment, but in life as well. Yes, even professional singers to get scared...but have you also noticed how well they get over it on stage? If you focus on it, the audience will definetly notice it too, and focus more on that rather than your performance (if you ever do perform that is..).

YG [and probably a lotttt of the companies out there] looks at potential. If you`re overflowing with potential, then they might (I`m not exactly sure) consider you.

Potential is better than talent.

If you have potential, you HAVE talent, actually.

But some people just have talent.

Talent...you just have it.

Potential...you can mold it to make it better than it already is.

But you have to dig out your confidence first..and establish it before you can find that potential deep within you..

Which, I honestly will say, a lot of you have to work on..

Guest IaMsEo

Name: Seo

Nationality: Vietnamese

What company you want to audition for: SM

What your talent is: Singing. Dancing

How do your parents feel: They agreed to let me audition and to support me all the way. =]

What has been holding you back: lack of confidence.

Name: Tracy

Nationality: Hmong

What company you want to audition for: SM/YG

What your talent is: Singing and dancing

How do your parents feel: My mom doesn't support me but my sisters and friends do and that's enough for me

What has been holding you back: Two things - School and improvement. I want to finish school yet at the same time I'm using the time to improve myself.

Guest glamchicdiva

Name: Michelle japanese

Nationality: Chinese (born in Indonesia)

What company you want to audition for: just about anything, SM especially (even tho SM is evil)

What your talent is: singing, dancing, acting

What do your parents feel: they dun support me, but they said 'okay, as long as u're happy.'

What has been holding you back: first, they dun held auditions in indonesia. i'm 1 of the dancers in my school, so its no big deal for me to dance in front of many ppl. but for singing n acting, i get pretty nervous n shy to act or sing in front of many ppl. plus, i sound a bit different in recordings.

Guest crystallizedtear

Name: Crystal (nickname)

Nationality: Chinese

What company you want to audition for: SM/YG/etc.

What your talent is: Singing...I think? XD Acting too...I hope XD

How do your parents feel: hahaha they don't think I'll get anywhere but they think it's funny

What has been holding you back: the career is unstable and I don't think i'm good enough to get in. Plus I only heard of SM coming to Toronto this year and didn't go cause I wasn't ready...and nobody to go with me T__T

Guest BriAn~Me4u~ToNy

Name:Joyce

Nationality:Malaysian/Chinese

What company you want to audition for:JYP/SM/YG

What your talent is: dancing, piano, starting to compose songs atm

How do your parents feel:they would support me

What has been holding you back: not confident enough yet?

Guest fanturntable

i auditioned but i'll fil it out anyways

Name: Cheska 김현진

Nationality: Korean- Canadian

What company you want to audition for: Yg family , sm ... others?

What your talent is: i have many :) but mostly singing & piano?

How do your parents feel: thur fine with it as long as i stay smart.

What has been holding you back: uh i didnt want ppl to hear my REAL voice. i had a fake voice which i used to sing infront of friends/school and stuff and i had a real voice which i would only sing for my family and other serious ppl

Guest thesweetestkrn

Name: lee eunjung

What company you want to audition for: jyp/yg/sm

What your talent is: singing and dancing

How do your parents feel: they fcking hate me for it

What has been holding you back: ^ read the above statement

Guest pinklegirl007

Name: lee eunjung

What company you want to audition for: jyp/yg/sm

What your talent is: singing and dancing

How do your parents feel: they fcking hate me for it

What has been holding you back: ^ read the above statement

:blink::blink: Woah... your profile is almost Identical to mine?!

Name: Eun Jung

Nationality: Korean American

What company you want to audition for: SM/YG

What your talent is: Songwriter, Singer, Dancing (hiphop and jazz), and Theater Acting.

How do your parents feel: they are very strongly against it.

What has been holding you back: my parents... but I decided to not let that hold me back any longer!

I recently auditioned in the SM global audition, but I got rejected.... anyways, I'm going to try out in many other companies.... not just YG and SM... I'm trying to keep my options open. :)

Guest lolimois

Name: Jiyoon

Nationality: Korean

What company you want to audition for: Dunno yet, prob not SM.. YG, GOOD, Farm (cherry Filter?) , or whereever Younha's in

What your talent is:... uh...singing? i dont know if i can call it my talent yet. I can half way play the piano, I can play by ear (which is basically the reason I can't read music that well. psh), I sort of play the flute... I also speak fluent korean and english along with somewhat conversational japanese. (I can undertstand most things, i can't talk back all that well yet though)

How do your parents feel: They are cool with everything I do. My mother actually said she'll support me and i haven't even really thought about it yet.

What has been holding you back: I don't know how to get started. XP And up until last yr i have been living in middle of nowhere. I also don't know if i want to live permanently in Korea for awhile, and I also gotta finish up school... I'm also afraid of failures, i suppose. (although Younha tried out for 20 places before she made it so I guess I should start now) Well also I don't even know if i wanna be a singer. psh

Archived