Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

3 hours ago, junejungki said:

They dont know who they messed with. This is our Wang So. You do not want to mess with the 4th Prince. :grin:

YASS lol. It's not just me then who felt that way. The MC asked him to speak in Mandarin (I guess) knowing he got lots of fans from the Mainland. How dare he question his highness abilities? He's a longtime a Hallyu-Star already, this is not new to him. Oh heck no, he straight gave you them in English which he knows reached out to most of us international fans. He's multilingual Lee Joon Gi! ughh this MC, you want to taste the wrath of Gwangjong? 

tumblr_ofqpsoJSy61r5c02zo1_500.gifNow ask for mercy :naughty:

Ps: I find the MC-HJ was quite rude at some point, tho I didn't understand a thing. I think MC-Boom was a better fit to be onstage emceeing instead of HJ. Ok brb I need to watch the full-subbed version. Be strong my heart, you know what's coming~ huhu

• Like 15

28 minutes ago, lyserose said:

Still heartbroken over him being snubbed for Top Excellence Awards. Anyway, I don't know if anyone has posted this before and I ever mentioned about this much anticipated adaptation of "Bride of The Water God". It's meant to be a sageuk with the fantasy element but the adaptation will bring the story to modern setting while still keeping the fantasy element. Our Joon Gi is such a hot favourite among international fans. Whenever there's casting news, his name always popped up. Based on the comments, he sure is topping the list of so many dream leading man. To me, playing a non-human mythical god so perfectly fit LJG since his look is so out of this world gorgeous like he just stepped out of a manga and my dream leading lady for him is either Lee Sung Kyung. Go Ara or Nam Ji Hyun. 

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/01/01/misaeng-screenwriter-doing-modern-version-of-bride-of-the-water-god-with-filming-scheduled-for-february-2017/#comment-462394

I saw the article and I was happy to see his name pop up numerous time. The Wang So love is still out there ; ) He is indeed the most fitted to play a mystical creature. But, although I don't know the manhwa, it would feel like a Goblin copy right now, and I don't want him to tackle fantasy genre for his immediate next project, neither to be paired with young non-established (yet) actresses. I must admit the production team (writer, tv station) is promising, but at the moment I'd be more excited by a thriller/noir drama.

@yumezu, I think he asked him to say something in different languages, the languages he knows, since he is a hallyu star and knows quite a bit ; ) But he decided to give full sentences in english, which they weren't expecting. Take that : P 
The MC was highly criticized and issued an apology, you're not the only one who found him rude.

He is not explicitly mentioned here, but I think JG will join.

• Like 15

10 hours ago, junejungki said:

That is exactly what I mean!! If SBS desperately wants to give award to everyone, let LMH take the Hallyu award. But please, Jun Ki deserve more than just Hallyu award. None of his opponent in the category can match his acting skill as Wang So. That is why I was so bitter about it. As you said, his Wang So portrayal deserve more prestigious award. 

Anyway, I am happy he gave his speech in English to acknowledge his appreciation to his international fans. Now the entire people in the award ceremony knows LJG love internationally. Not only Korean fans. Even the Top Excellence award winner cant match that. 

Yes, I his hair, his suit. So dashing and manly. I guess he did listen and read to our comments. Awww!! So sweet of him. He looks healthy and tanned too. I can look at his picture all day and nite. :love:

I just watched the subbed awarding broadcast. After the awarding of Top Excellence, the MC mentioned that they were left with two major awards and then explained the importance of the Hallyu award. Top Excellence Acting Award or even the Daesang and these whole fiasco were all just based on rating anyway which was from the viewership of 2000 households in Korea. At least the Hallyu Award was based on votes from viewers both from Korea & countries around the world. As further explained by the MC, it was also deliberated by Panel of experts.  So the Hallyu Award seem to be a Daesang in a worldwide scale.  

Edited by Uniform Victory
  • Like 20

@Uniform Victory Thank you for sharing the translation regarding the MC explaining the importance of Hallyu award (haven't watched it myself because of RL stuff). The medias who put that award far below the daesang and top excellent award must not watch the show themselves.

@leesopark16 Seems like on 13 January 2017 Milla Jovovich and Paul Anderson will come in Korea for "Resident Evil:The Final Chapter" premiere.

LJG will be going home from Taiwan or HK on January 9th, right? I happen to be in Seoul on that date, should I try my luck and go to the airport instead of sightseeing in the city? Haha... I don't even know Korean and this will be my first time in Seoul. But I really want to see him in person :tears:

• Like 12

2 hours ago, lyserose said:

Still heartbroken over him being snubbed for Top Excellence Awards. Anyway, I don't know if anyone has posted this before and I ever mentioned about this much anticipated adaptation of "Bride of The Water God". It's meant to be a sageuk with the fantasy element but the adaptation will bring the story to modern setting while still keeping the fantasy element. Our Joon Gi is such a hot favourite among international fans. Whenever there's casting news, his name always popped up. Based on the comments, he sure is topping the list of so many dream leading man. To me, playing a non-human mythical god so perfectly fit LJG since his look is so out of this world gorgeous like he just stepped out of a manga and my dream leading lady for him is either Lee Sung Kyung. Go Ara or Nam Ji Hyun. 

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/01/01/misaeng-screenwriter-doing-modern-version-of-bride-of-the-water-god-with-filming-scheduled-for-february-2017/#comment-462394

Yes I like this one. Hope he gets cast for both "Kingdom" and "Bride of the Water God" nice ones for 2017 :), another was mentioned earlier "...Typewriter" ?

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, tinniet said:

@Uniform Victory Thank you for sharing the translation regarding the MC explaining the importance of Hallyu award (haven't watched it myself because of RL stuff). The medias who put that award far below the daesang and top excellent award must not watch the show themselves.

@leesopark16 Seems like on 13 January 2017 Milla Jovovich and Paul Anderson will come in Korea for "Resident Evil:The Final Chapter" premiere.

LJG will be going home from Taiwan or HK on January 9th, right? I happen to be in Seoul on that date, should I try my luck and go to the airport instead of sightseeing in the city? Haha... I don't even know Korean and this will be my first time in Seoul. But I really want to see him in person :tears:

Sooooo tempting!!  Go find BlackHole and go! :)

2 minutes ago, hiluna said:

Yes I like this one. Hope he gets cast for both "Kingdom" and "Bride of the Water God" nice ones for 2017 :), another was mentioned earlier "...Typewriter" ?

I just want to hear something...so we can look forward to 2017 and more LGJ!  

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, tinniet said:

Go for it! he is also a sight to see :w00t:

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

Sooooo tempting!!  Go find BlackHole and go! :)

I just want to hear something...so we can look forward to 2017 and more LGJ!  

The writer script same with Arang Magistre ahahahahha, maybe she will give casting chance to JG LOL

• Like 10

@leesopark16 Thank you for explaining~! I've just watched the whole thing, but still ya in yo face people, he did them good haha :blush: Now I understand the significant of Hallyu Star Awards, I've to credit them for the justification *to end my misery*. Recognized globally and evaluated by experts, the Hallyu Star Awards surely stand on another level, might be better than Daesang :lol: OHOO I'm at ease now~

Lol, HJH picking up possible confetti from the floor, ready to throw it to our Joongi, seem like he knows who gonna win already. I love the casts! They all have bonded so well. AND I love the subber of the full video (THANK YOU!), adding cute notes whenever Joongi gave his speech :heart: 

• Like 11

The other potential drama is called Chicago Typewriter, but no synopsis of the plot yet so far. It will be written by the one who wrote Moon embracing the sun and kill me heal me so I have high hopes it will be a great drama. We'll see if he gets an offer for CT...With Bride of the Water God, I agree that if they do it in modern setting, it will be like Goblin so not sure about that. But JG has a possibility to be offered the lead since it's from the writer of Arang. And though Lee Sung Kyung seems to be a versatile actress, I want him paired up with a well established actress like PSH. If you look closely during the Top 10 star awards, Joon Gi was clapping for Shin Hye all the way through so I think he might want to work with someone like her (I'm shipping them already hahaha). At least there are three potential projects for him (hopefully): chicago typewriter, kingdom and bride of the water god. Can't wait to see what he'll do next!

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Silvermaine said:

Blackhole is one of the fans that I really admire the most hahaha. She's from Hong Kong and she went to the Seoul FM in the first week of December, then to the 3 Japanese FMs (Nagoya, Yokohoma, Osaka). Imagine just how much she spends! And of course she'll go to the HK fm. 

I read some IG posts. There were also other fans there and they gathered over a few drinks. Ahhhh I'd love to do this too someday lol. 

BlackHole is a fan to which Joon Gi has posted several of her videos (fancam of his fan meetings) that she uploads to Youtube. She has been following him for several years and goes to all his fan meetings in Korea, China and Japan. She told that in the Joon Gi's fan meeting in Japan on May 2016, he signed autographs and she was one of the lucky ones and when he asked her name she told him BlackHole and he recognized her and asked her are you Japanese? And she told him that she was from Hong Kong and he laughed out loud, and they also talked about the diet that Joon Gi was following at that time for MLSHR.

• Like 21

23 minutes ago, jgismyking said:

The other potential drama is called Chicago Typewriter, but no synopsis of the plot yet so far. It will be written by the one who wrote Moon embracing the sun and kill me heal me so I have high hopes it will be a great drama. We'll see if he gets an offer for CT...With Bride of the Water God, I agree that if they do it in modern setting, it will be like Goblin so not sure about that. But JG has a possibility to be offered the lead since it's from the writer of Arang. And though Lee Sung Kyung seems to be a versatile actress, I want him paired up with a well established actress like PSH. If you look closely during the Top 10 star awards, Joon Gi was clapping for Shin Hye all the way through so I think he might want to work with someone like her (I'm shipping them already hahaha). At least there are three potential projects for him (hopefully): chicago typewriter, kingdom and bride of the water god. Can't wait to see what he'll do next!

I am not a fan of PSH and I don't think it would be a good fit. Her characters all end up being one dimensional. I like Oh Yeon-Seo from Come Back Mister and can see her spunky style fitting in with JG and they look like a better pairing.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I am not a fan of PSH and I don't think it would be a good fit. Her characters all end up being one dimensional. I like Oh Yeon-Seo from Come Back Mister and can see her spunky style fitting in with JG and they look like a better pairing.

I haven't seen her in a drama yet, but I hear good things about her, so why not. But she is currently shooting a drama set to premiere in spring (? or a little earlier than that) so it's blown for this year ^^ 

Acting wise PSH is not on my top list, but I'd prefer her than any other 90's newbies. At least she has the star power and is loved by the korean audience ^^ Not sure of the romantic chemistry with LJG though. But she is a good actress.
But I would like someone closer to his age for his next project, and why not a noona :) 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

I haven't seen her in a drama yet, but I hear good things about her, so why not. But she is currently shooting a drama set to premiere in spring (? or a little earlier than that) so it's blown for this year ^^ 

Acting wise PSH is not on my top list, but I'd prefer her than any other 90's newbies. At least she has the star power and is loved by the korean audience ^^
But I would like someone closer to his age for his next project, and why not a noona :) 

I could see him with Choi Ji Woo. When I saw them next to each other at the 7 first kisses interview I could see chemistry happening there and she is a favourite of mine, also Kim Hee-sun is another possibility. Both of them great actresses.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I could see him with Choi Ji Woo. When I saw them next to each other at the 7 first kisses interview I could see chemistry happening there and she is a favourite of mine, also Kim Hee-sun is another possibility. Both of them great actresses.

Agree :) But Kim Hee Sun has a drama coming as well ^^ 

• Like 3

Hello my darling Chingus@  Happy New Year.  I have been invisible but not absent...just really busy!

I want to explain why we have to be super happy for Lee Joon gi and his Hallyu award.

All of the awards by the different TV stations are ratings based. We all know that. The awards given out by SBS shouldn't be considered acting awards at all...they are profit margin awards that have only a slight connection to superior acting and everything to do with advertising dollars. It has always been the case that high ratings mean more dollars coming in from the sale of commercial advertising. It's why a 30 second spot in the Super Bowl sells for millions of dollars. The higher the ratings a station gets the more it can charge for advertising. Giving out awards like those from SBS is a cheap way for that station to reward an actor or actress, drama, director and producer for their contribution to that fiscal bottom line..

BUT... and this is a big but....as technology advances TV ratings are becoming more and more meaningless. Right now there is a far larger audience streaming entertainment on their smart phones and laptop than are watching on TV. (Those interested can read the following article. http://www.marketingcharts.com/television/are-young-people-watching-less-tv-24817/) In South Korea 31% of smartphone users watch video on a daily basis. It has only been in the last few years that companies like AGB Neilson, CJE&M, Smart Media and Good Time Data started to track online viewership and assign it a CPI index. (consumer product index > to prepare for the change in how advertising dollars are calculated). Netflix, HBO, VIKI. GoodDrama And KISSasian- to name a few- have tried to capitalize on this expanding market and that is why those services are becoming so popular.

The bottom line is that in 2016 the Hallyu Award is more important and meaningful than ever before.  The industry knows what is happening (just as radio was replace by tv, so too tv is being replaced by the net).. This award, more than any other actually represents the future and the first tangible evidence and acknowledgment of what is coming and who matters..  I think that may be what the MC was alluding to.

Congratulations Lee Joon gi. You are the star of the future!

• Like 21

I had never made the connection between these two photos and wondered what they were all looking at especially since Joon Gi had this look of consternation on his face lol. I wonder what he was thinking ???  Anyone care to come up with a caption?  "Waa what are they doing to my Hae Soo?"

@hilunaYes I have often thought that Oh Yeon-Seo would be a good match for our man in a drama.  I really liked her with JH in SOGC.  I thought she played her role really well with good expression.  Yes I also think she has spunk :) She had good chemistry with JH.

• Like 10

I found this video and I'm seeing it for the first time. It's a wedding song sung by Dema Support Crew for Gaeko (Dynamic Duo) which Joon Gi was part of when he was in the army. JG rap from 2:01 min.

Note: DEMA is korean Defense Media Agency.

I searched the lyrics. Here is the part of Joon Gi.

No hay texto alternativo automático disponible.

All the lyrics of the song you can see in this link.

6 hours ago, jgismyking said:

Maybe they know each other because when Joon Gi was in the army he had a radio show called "JUMAM"and Park Shin Hye sent him a congratulatory message. Other actresses also sent him messages but the difference is that he had previously worked with them, such as Nam Sang Mi, Yoon So Yi (Hero), Kim Tae Hee (they filmed for a month a movie that he had to leave when the army decided to take him).

Note: JUMAM is abbreviation in korean for 'The heart you want to give, the story you want to listen' a program hosted by JG. 

This video is part of live broadcast of radio show and from 6:44 min there are 3 messages, last message is by Park Shin Hye and starts from 7:56 min.

And in this video you will hear all the actresses who sent congratulations messages to Joon Gi.

• Like 15