Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

33 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi booho, when you say "remake" in K-drama it usually means no. 1................... Remake that is based on an earlier work and tells the same story. :blush:

yeah, usually no 1, but criminal minds have 12 season isn't it :dizzy: usually, i think the biggest concern when it comes to remake was Korean audience always COMPARE it to original one. i don't know, but if i watch fated to love you ( the remake ) i think its okay with the story, ( don't know if it cause by the casting or not ) but usually these day the audience is unpredictable. Like drama Doctors, even PSH and KRW didn't expect the drama will have a good rating, but the result they got high rating. And also SH, at first it was predict will get a high rating but we can see the result ( even the international is on the top LOL ) , hwarang also the same, have high anticipation cuz pre-produce but the result...., and don't forget about reply 1988, it also unpredictable, people say it will be flop but then woaaaaa... u can see the rating in TVN @___@

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, LadyOne said:

Hello to all,

I just need a place to let out some steam (worries) and somewhere where another may understand me. Thank you in Adv!

This quiet fanaunty had just stepped out of the closet a moment ago!

I have just told off a few my colleagues about LJG vs another ‘IT boy’, on him copying his working and dating style. They feel that there is something between IU and LJG after their encounter in Taiwan and that will lead to the doom of their careers…. How can I swallow this, at that moment I really cannot hold back my comment any longer…  Now my team members are all surprised that I am a fanaunty… I guess the unfair treatment that he has been receiving is eating into me. I will usually stay away from k-drama conversation, I only talk to my family members about it. I hope this 5 minutes of fame does not leak to my other stakeholder (need to stay professional) …

His FM in Taiwan looks really good, he has very good stage presence. I wish I was there… :bawling: I actually tried to buy the ticket but I was not able to secure a ticket (my Chinese is really lousy)… I will try harder next year to get my hands on the Taiwan FM ticket. Come to think about it the last I saw him live on stage was at the pepsi conference in HK many many moons ago. Saw on some IG posting that he promised that he may come to SG. I am all hopeful now, if there are any SG fan here please call me along if you don’t mind an aunty tagging along… I do not have another LJG fan around me (so sad).       

I was really happy to read about the casting news! If he takes on for this project, I hope that it will be filled with action and I pray that this version of Criminal Minds is not too psychologically heavy for our K-folks again. (but i like deep drama :cry: ) On the other hand, I was hoping that he would sign up for some silver screen roles instead.

Lastly, I would like to thank you all for providing all this great reading and news material on this forum… plus putting up with my somewhat irrelevant long post. I am very grateful to have discovered this forum.  

Who is this "IT boy", if I may ask?

@aimwanie @junejungki @LadyOne HEY BRING ME TOO lol :lol:

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, LadyOne said:

Hello to all,

I just need a place to let out some steam (worries) and somewhere where another may understand me. Thank you in Adv!

I have just told off a few my colleagues about LJG vs another ‘IT boy’, on him copying his working and dating style. They feel that there is something between IU and LJG after their encounter in Taiwan and that will lead to the doom of their careers…. How can I swallow this, at that moment I really cannot hold back my comment any longer…  Now my team members are all surprised that I am a fanaunty… I guess the unfair treatment that he has been receiving is eating into me. I will usually stay away from k-drama conversation, I only talk to my family members about it. I hope this 5 minutes of fame does not leak to my other stakeholder (need to stay professional) …

His FM in Taiwan looks really good, he has very good stage presence. I wish I was there… :bawling: I actually tried to buy the ticket but I was not able to secure a ticket (my Chinese is really lousy)… I will try harder next year to get my hands on the Taiwan FM ticket. Come to think about it the last I saw him live on stage was at the pepsi conference in HK many many moons ago. Saw on some IG posting that he promised that he may come to SG. I am all hopeful now, if there are any SG fan here please call me along if you don’t mind an aunty tagging along… I do not have another LJG fan around me (so sad).       

I was really happy to read about the casting news! If he takes on for this project, I hope that it will be filled with action and I pray that this version of Criminal Minds is not too psychologically heavy for our K-folks again. (but i like deep drama :cry: ) On the other hand, I was hoping that he would sign up for some silver screen roles instead.

Lastly, I would like to thank you all for providing all this great reading and news material on this forum… plus putting up with my somewhat irrelevant long post. I am very grateful to have discovered this forum.  

Hi LadyOne, in case LJK accepts to do this remake, he might be working with Kim Ah Joong but nothing has been confirmed yet. The filming is scheduled to start in spring – In Korea, spring lasts from late March to May – sometimes it enters as early as February due to global warming since four decades ago.  While the drama will broadcast on KBS in the fall. Autumn/fall months (September-November). In case he takes this, I look toward to as how they are going to make this interesting. About him doing a movie next, I do agree with you. I also want him to do a K-movie for his next project since he just wrapped-up a drama. But, somehow, I always prefer a small screen for any of my bias since screen time is longer.....But, whatever he decides on, I will always support. :blush:

• Like 14

18 minutes ago, booho said:

yeah, usually no 1, but criminal minds have 12 season isn't it :dizzy: usually, i think the biggest concern when it comes to remake was Korean audience always COMPARE it to original one. i don't know, but if i watch fated to love you ( the remake ) i think its okay with the story, ( don't know if it cause by the casting or not ) but usually these day the audience is unpredictable. Like drama Doctors, even PSH and KRW didn't expect the drama will have a good rating, but the result they got high rating. And also SH, at first it was predict will get a high rating but we can see the result ( even the international is on the top LOL ) , hwarang also the same, have high anticipation cuz pre-produce but the result...., and don't forget about reply 1988, it also unpredictable, people say it will be flop but then woaaaaa... u can see the rating in TVN @___@

booho, when dramas play the ratings game they win or they die. Death can mean simply losing money or being quickly forgotten. A badly performing drama can have its EP count reduced or dropped entirely. Currently, the motto going around the drama industry is “3-EPs.” If a drama doesn’t get good ratings within three episodes it’s unlikely to have a good run later on. Therefore, the lead to the pilot EP is as important as the broadcast itself. Despite all the tricks in the industry, in the end a drama’s job is to entertain its audience.

TV ratings are always significant to gauge which programs are more popular for broadcasting companies, advertising companies, and also fans. IDK why SKorea has (2) different ratings. Both companies (AGB Nielson & TNmS) use a research tool called People Meter that is attached to a Receptor. Any person can be included in the research, but families that have a member involved in the broadcasting business in some way are excluded. Now the question is, what makes the ratings have 2~3% differences between the two research companies? I guess the reason for this difference is that TNmS visits the households and includes “guests” that are watching TV into their studies thus increasing the percentage of certain TV Show, while AGB Nielson does not. Because I think these percentage differences would mean a lot for advertising companies or broadcasting companies. I wish we could see identical numbers in the future so as not to create confusion. Otherwise, we see few percentage differences like we do now. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels.

Neilsen Korea measures the popularity of TV shows based on the number of views of related news stories, keyword searches and mentions on social media. :blush:

• Like 8

It is NOT a REMAKE but an ADAPTATION as originally reported. Soompi reported wrongly as they always do. They probably didn't know the difference of the two terms. They probably thought both words mean the same thing. 

If LJG takes it, I am sure it would like Signal minus the walkie talkie & more action. 

• Like 9

I am not too excited about this drama, Criminal Minds. I think JG should know by now that he doesn't have that much luck in remakes or adaptation specifically in Korea. I would rather have him do a romantic action drama or something along those lines. I am a bit worried because remakes or adaptation will always be compared to the original material. This might be like MLSHR all over again for him. I hope he chooses wisely so this could go either really good or really bad. I am not excited for the potential leading lady either. Joon Gi should choose an original concept instead. But will still support him if ever he decides on this project. The only thing I'm sure of is he will do his best if he accepts this. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, booho said:

hwarang also the same, have high anticipation cuz pre-produce but the result....,

Oh, I love love love "Hwarang". It's my current drama cracks. Park Hyung Shik is dreamy but unlike MLSHR, LJG captured my attention and I root for him right from the get go, while I ended up suffering SLS because of PHS. With quite a similar theme (the reverse harem, flower boys and pre-production), "Hwarang" at least receiving positive feedbacks because this drama does not suffer the basic errors (editing, pacing, etc) as MLSHR. That is why I feel, PD KKT and his team really screwed up MLSHR for what could have been an epic most expensive K-drama in history.

1 hour ago, LadyOne said:

They are indeed really chummy with one another. But IU is still in a public relationship with Jang Ki Ha. If they really do have something going on between them, I am just hoping he will not get himself caught in any scandal (ie being a third wheel) but I don't think he would be too careless to put his career at risk. On my part, I think LJG is being very thankful over his newfound fame after MLSHR and this whole things with IU is to feed the still fiery fandom of MLSHR. Ofc, I could be wrong.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, jgismyking said:

I am not too excited about this drama, Criminal Minds. I think JG should know by now that he doesn't have that much luck in remakes or adaptation specifically in Korea. I would rather have him do a romantic action drama or something along those lines. I am a bit worried because remakes or adaptation will always be compared to the original material. This might be like MLSHR all over again for him. I hope he chooses wisely so this could go either really good or really bad. I am not excited for the potential leading lady either. Joon Gi should choose an original concept instead. But will still support him if ever he decides on this project. The only thing I'm sure of is he will do his best if he accepts this. 

that is it. but you know.. CM is really suit to him like seriously. just for adaption or remake. Korean rarely accept it and we all know LJG really concerned about his drama rating. i do feel like he will likely take this role.. but who knows.. he might not also.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, booho said:

There's many things come in my mind about REMAKE especially in Kdrama industry

I think Drama - remake have been a CURSE, as far as i know the drama remake who have a high rating only BBF >< ( i don't know about the other )

From playfull kiss - fated to love you - entourage all the big floop

but, i heard the production team for Criminal minds will be the one who handle DOTS and IRIS, it is a top production team

and for the female lead Kim Ah Joong, she's a top class actress too and have many experience in crime-drama, i have see her acting in Punch and wanted

but i hope criminal minds is not like TEN drama ( its korean criminal drama the actor was joo sang wook ) and goshh it's good but the story too deep and dark, not everyone can enjoy a drama like that :dizzy:

Yeah, I hope so too. And I guess what you highlighted may explain (in part) why Two Weeks didn't do well despite being critically acclaimed. Personally, I found it pretty hard to get through the drama :tears:.

I'm excited to hear he's considering the Criminal Minds adaptation since I was hoping his next work would be in the crime or spy genres - lots of actions and tons of dramatic tension and well, we'd get him in a suit. I adored his Kay/Soohyun and considering his acting's only improved since, I can't wait to see what he'd do with a similar setting/role now.

The thought that KKT might be one of the producers is a bit of a bummer even though he did give us some gorgeous scenes in SHR. But I think it's possible that 'IRIS production team' doesn't refer to KKT since he only seems to have directed (and not produced) the show :w00t:.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, junejungki said:

If you dont mind this fan from Malaysia willingly to tag along with you for JG fan meet in Singapore. 

and this fanaunty from Indonesia is willing to tag along too :) I hope he will do FM in Singapore,I'll fly right away from Jakarta :) hello everyone :) 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Mona Ys said:

and this fanaunty from Indonesia is willing to tag along too :) I hope he will do FM in Singapore,I'll fly right away from Jakarta :) hello everyone :) 

all of us go together then~~ kekeke. i might as well sleeping at the airport waiting for him. I dont care!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, aimwanie said:

bring me too.. this fan from the same country as you would like to join. keke

Of course we can go together. Hand in hand if you want :lol:

1 hour ago, Mona Ys said:

You are welcome to join us dear.. Lets meet half way. kekekeke!!

5 hours ago, missmaudy said:

Well it's your preference, which I respect,  but it does not mean it goes for everyone. 

I know and none of my post above condemning anyone's choice in the thread. I am just stated my preference, that's all. 

• Like 5

@aimwanie @junejungki @Silvermaine @Mona Ys  Great let’s all go together! And sing “Together” together, ok?…the more the merrier! Hahaha.... Then I wouldn’t have to go alone. :blush: back then I went with my HK colleagues. 

@willenette I do agree with you on the longer screen time if he does a drama. I like that too…  But there is only this much he can do and having a great movie under his belt is better for his career and for his move onto the international stage (if that is his plan)… I hope (need) him to stay in the limelight for as long as he can…. I only have him left after BYJ retired.

I have a questioning, does anyone here knows who is the SG fan that gave him that Singapore scarf ? Or if you are here and reading this. Kudos to you! 

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, LadyOne said:

@willenette I do agree with you on the longer screen time if he does a drama. I like that too…  But there is only this much he can do and having a great movie under his belt is better for his career and for his move onto the international stage (if that is his plan)… I hope (need) him to stay in the limelight for as long as he can…. I only have him left after BYJ retired.

LadyOne,

Spoiler

oh, so NICE to know that you like BYJ.......I adore him, he's one of my BIG MEN - hahaha. :blush:

Spoiler

• Like 6

I am excited with the news about Criminal Minds adaptation. I`ve already been interested in this drama but now that Joon Gi might be in this it is a double treat. I know that the drama might not be a success but I doubt they won`t do a good job. There is so many material to work for a miniseries.  I watched Criminal Minds until Prentiss was out of the show but still love it and all the characters. I love the other cast. Hope they will confirm.

I wanted to comment that I absolutely enjoyed when Joon Gi made a surprise guest appearance in IU`s concert in Taipei. What a great idea.

If he won`t do the thriller, I am curious what other offers he has. :)

• Like 14

5 hours ago, LadyOne said:

Hello to all,

I think some fans just think too much.  I think in some parts of South East Asia pairing of OTP in IRL is a thing. I don't think there is such thing like that in South Korea.

3 hours ago, lyserose said:

Oh, I love love love "Hwarang". It's my current drama cracks. Park Hyung Shik is dreamy but unlike MLSHR, LJG captured my attention and I root for him right from the get go, while I ended up suffering SLS because of PHS. With quite a similar theme (the reverse harem, flower boys and pre-production), "Hwarang" at least receiving positive feedbacks because this drama does not suffer the basic errors (editing, pacing, etc) as MLSHR. That is why I feel, PD KKT and his team really screwed up MLSHR for what could have been an epic most expensive K-drama in history.

They are indeed really chummy with one another. But IU is still in a public relationship with Jang Ki Ha. If they really do have something going on between them, I am just hoping he will not get himself caught in any scandal (ie being a third wheel) but I don't think he would be too careless to put his career at risk. On my part, I think LJG is being very thankful over his newfound fame after MLSHR and this whole things with IU is to feed the still fiery fandom of MLSHR. Ofc, I could be wrong.

What do you mean newfound fame? I am curious how long have you been following LJG?

LJG has been popular in Asia particularly Japan & China. He is popular in South Asia too particularly Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia and others. He may not that popular in some countries in those region maybe because he mostly did Saguek and this genre aren't that appealing in those countries. Thanks to MLSHR his name became known to those South Asian countries. But all along he is been popular and price tags of his dramas are always on the upper scale. His dramas were always the most expensive for sales overseas.

When DOTS (2016) was sold for $250,000 per episode, Arang & the Magistrate already earned from Japan in 2012 for $200,000 per episode. However, DOTS had a production cost more or less $450,000 per episode which was a lot more expensive to what was spent on AATM. And now, the most expensive kdrama ever sold is held by MLSHR when it was sold to China for more than $400,000 per episode.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 13