Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

17 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

you can´t deny the Satto outfit is gorgeous (or  is it that JG made it look gorgeous?)

It is. Remember the moment when Eun Oh finally wore the satto outfit and went out of his home? I can't tell how many times I watched this moment. LJG looked like heaven in those clothes.

And hanboks in SWWTN are one of the most beautiful in k-drama history. Good fabric, pretty patterns... not to mention the right man wore them and looked stunning. 

I was googling about Iljimae's ending and read about it (at first i thought they were for BS, silly me because they're man's shoes) i read that the PD said it was so, but couldn´t find the original source. BTW i'm certain that there's nothing open about SWTN ending, i'm sure he's dead... now i have to rewatch the ending... Sometimes i love open endings... but with JG i need him to be just happy...

I have to rewatch the whole drama. I watched it only once. 

Still Iljimae is on my desktop for years - my favourite wallpaper. :wub:

because she loves PYK so much and was willing to do anything for him.

Second lead can also do that. :wink:

I'm not saying Soo In she didn't love him or care for him - I wrote that she's flawless and that made her... boring in time. Watching second lead falling for PYK, then being rejected, then taking revenge and making his life harder was fun to watch. I mean - that girl was something! Not to mention almost palpable chemistry between actors. Comparing to Soo In... Soo In was boring. Which was a pity because the character started really well. She was interested in science, I loved those things she had - telescope, one of the first cameras... and the... all this dissapeared somewhere. Pity. She could be more than just love object.

I was watching the jail scene in JG and started to think that JG characters must had a thing for jail scenes.

I think it's a saeguk thing - someone put in jail and tortured there is a must. Especially if your main character wrongly accused. :wink:

8 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

I know that the manwha ended with the dead of SY, but I'm not so sure about the drama...

The drama ends with the lady meeting her vampire again, they hug and... then dissapear. To me - they're going to spend te life together and after her death SY will try to die too, somehow.

8 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Why can't JG give us neat happy endings? 

Because he's different and that's why we like him. :D 

I have a sore throat... boohoo! :( 

• Like 4

Hi angels:)! good morning, afternoon or evening depending on where you are.I have a new question(s) of the day for you.Its not really that different from the last one, but we were talking about JG drama openings..now lets talk about JG drama posters.This time I will switch the order from latest drama to earliest drama.It will be in two parts.Part 1 will be (whole cast character poster).Part 2 will be JG solo character poster.

Like last time, rank from 1 being most favourite.To 10 being least favourite or just choose the one you like the most and tell us why.Comment on outfit, props used, back ground colouring(?) makeup, hairstyle, body/facial expressions(for part 1,but no bashing other cast please)  etc..

a. Part 1(Whole Cast Poster)

10.Criminal Minds(2017)

criminal-minds5.jpg

9.Scarlet Heart Ryeo(2016)

Moon_Lovers-_Scarlet_Heart_Ryeo-p1.jpg

8.Scholar Who Walks the Night(2015)

swwtn1.jpg

7.Joseon Gunman(2014)

Spoiler

14379745856_1cd89c8332_o.jpg

6.Two Weeks(2013)

Spoiler

1515e19c3e506b7b83bc25df274b7212.jpg

5. Arang and the Magistrate(2012)

Spoiler

arang-and-the-magistrate-poster-2.jpg?w=

4.Hero(2009)

Spoiler

hero01.jpg?w=640

3.Iljimae(2008)

Spoiler

10-iljimae1.jpg

2.Time Between Dog and Wolf

Spoiler

0718-times-of-wolves-and-dogs.jpg

1. My Girl

Spoiler

mygirl.jpg

See next post for Part 2

• Like 4

10 hours ago, missmaudy said:

It’s the young JG with all the blings. Big earings, thick necklace, dunno how many rings he was wearing in this photo and of course the hair cut. And.... if you take a closer look of him, you can see his beautiful and sexy cleft chin.

9 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

WOW!!!! :heart:

And I think that this is also from the same photo shooting :wub::wub:

WOW WOW

Wow :love: where's the full clip?  

5 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Remember the moment when Eun Oh finally wore the satto outfit and went out of his home? I can't tell how many times I watched this moment. LJG looked like heaven in those clothes

I remember that scene too well,  I watched it countless times too...  I saw other actors using the same kind of custom but something is always missing... JG was born to be dressed in that Satto outfit 

Second lead can also do that.

Well I'm not sure...  She cares far more for her father and their peddle 

Watching second lead falling for PYK, then being rejected, then taking revenge and making his life harder was fun to watch. I mean - that girl was something! Not to mention almost palpable chemistry between actors.

I agree with almost everything you said.  Specially about the chemistry.  And I have a soft spot for her since I watched The Taste of Curry. But as Soo In I can't forgive what she did to PYK's sister.  She lets her father sold her after she promised her she would never let her go.  She knew she was going to be raped and after she was raped herself it's inexcusable that she didn't take her side. No I don't like PYK's with a woman that turned a blind eye to his sister being sold.  It doesn't matter if she did not know she was his sister . And after she turned to the dark side I find it tiresome watching her getting in Hanjo's way

Because he's different and that's why we like him. :D

I know..  We like to suffer... And I won't change anything about him or the things he does 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, violina said:

I have a new question(s) of the day for you.Its not really that different from the last one, but we were talking about JG drama openings..now lets talk about JG drama posters.

Almost missed your post!  My Favorite poster is an easy question,  because since the first time I saw them I thought Joseon Gunman had the most awesome posters ever.. Grupal or solo. I love them all (and I'm not talking about JG ones only but also the rest of the cast) ..  They seem like movie posters

Here's my ranking :

1._Joseon Gunman

2._Arang and the magistrate 

3._Scholar who walks the night 

4._Moon Lovers

5._Time Between Dog and Wolf 

6._Hero

7._Iljimae

8._My Girl

9._Criminal Minds

10._Two Weeks 

maxresdefault.jpg

Image credit to uploader 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Almost missed your post!  My Favorite poster is an easy question,  because since the first time I saw them I thought Joseon Gunman had the most awesome posters ever.. Grupal or solo. I love them all (and I'm not talking about JG ones only but also the rest of the cast) ..  They seem like movie posters

wow you are fast:).you have made my job easier.I was going to edit to do the solo pics in the same post.am using my phone and its a nightmare editing the post so i will put part 2 here.

Part 2( 10 eye candy pics of JG solo character stills/posters)But still like I said earlier.Rank them from 1 to 10 and tell us why.comment on outfit, props used, background colouring, makeup hairstyle, etc.or just choose your most fav and tell us what you like most about it.

10. Criminal Minds/Hyun Joon

6787ffb581168563dac9b92c4aa4eb8a.jpg

9.Scarlet Heart Ryeo/Wang So

78c9199bbeff77229e6d67643bc57c31.jpg

8.Scholar who walks the Night/Sung Yeol

scholar-who-walks-the-night2.jpg

7.Joseon Gunman/Hanjo/Yoon kang

Spoiler

14401529662_bd9be5b9cc_o.jpg

6.Two Weeks/Tae San

Spoiler

Two-Weeks-Poster2.jpg

5.Arang and the Magistrate/Sato/Eun Ho

Spoiler

arang_52.jpg

4.Hero/Do Hyuk

Spoiler

daf790791df59704ce3194de5f395ccc--heroes

3.Iljimae

Spoiler

iljimae82.jpg

2.Time Between Dog and Wolf/Kay /Soo Hyun

Spoiler

photo41289.jpg

1.My Girl/Jung Woo

Spoiler

3b928144e9e3eea137f1a3c3d217bb09.jpg

lol il answer mine later.

Edited by violina
  • Like 4

*** I finally finished watching his last drama, "Criminal Minds" since I wasn't able to watch this continuously during its K-airing.  The actors did an amazing job in portraying their characters although the first episode really did not provide us with an enough intro to our heroes in this drama. Some people liked it, some people did not. But, I love the drama. One thing I must say is that I enjoyed the first half of the show the most. The criminals in this drama were amazingly presented as well. My favourite thing from this drama is that they put the main characters or their families in danger - it made everything more nerve wrecking. As someone who admires the likes of Tunnel, this drama is my cup of tea. I noticed that the scenes are usually dark, which can be an intended effect in a show like this that deals with the bad guys who commit the worst crimes.Criminal Minds” is highly recommended to those who enjoy crime and thriller dramas as much as I do. Love it! :lol:

• Like 7

9 hours ago, violina said:

Hi angels:)! good morning, afternoon or evening depending on where you are.I have a new question(s) of the day for you.Its not really that different from the last one, but we were talking about JG drama openings..now lets talk about JG drama posters.This time I will switch the order from latest drama to earliest drama.It will be in two parts.Part 1 will be (whole cast character poster).Part 2 will be JG solo character poster.

Like last time, rank from 1 being most favourite.To 10 being least favourite or just choose the one you like the most and tell us why.Comment on outfit, props used, back ground colouring(?) makeup, hairstyle, body/facial expressions(for part 1,but no bashing other cast please)  etc..

a. Part 1(Whole Cast Poster)

Ohhhh I like those parade :):):) 

Here's my ranking for "Whole Cast Poster":

01. Moon Lovers - the full cast at his best
02. Scholar who walks the night - already from the poster you can see the fantastic work on set design and costumes
03. Iljimae
04. Hero - the only poster where JG smiles
05. Criminal Minds
06. Two Weeks - I like that they use the "2" to insert the images of the protagonists
07. Arang ang the Magistrate
08. Joseon Gunman
09. Time Between Dog and Wolf 
10. My gril

And this is my ranking for "Solo Poster":

01. Moon Lovers - Wang So is love :wub::heart:
02. Scholar who walks the night - wonderful landscape and JG is very "ethereal"
03. Criminal Minds - JG is very intense here
04. Iljimae
05. Joseon Gunman
06. Time Between Dog and Wolf - JG in action
07. My Girl
08. Two Weeks - too many written on the poster
09. Hero
10. Arang ang the Magistrate - of all the images of Satto this is the one I like less

• Like 6

13 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

I thought Joseon Gunman had the most awesome posters ever.. group or solo. I love them all (and I'm not talking about JG ones only but also the rest of the cast) ..  They seem like movie posters

Agree.

3 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Arang ang the Magistrate - of all the images of Satto this is the one I like less

Hahaha.I can see why.I have switched it tho.I had to dig to find the one ive just put in.I dont know why they used photo studio background.They were the first character stills, that were released during promos. They were lucky JG has a unique face and he wears the uniform well..so it still makes you curious about the character but they could have done better.

My ranking for "whole cast poster"

1.Joseon Gunman-This was one gorgeous poster.I like the background colour.

2.Scarlet Heart Ryeo-They really look like Royals.

3.Scholar Who Walks the Night-It looks interesting, it makes me curious about their world.

4.Two weeks-This poster showed how good the actors are.It manages to give us a feel of what their characters are like even if we dont know the story yet.The fugitive hero, the panicky-ex girlfriend, the impulsive prosecutor, the hot blooded detective.

5.Criminal Minds-They look fierce.

6.Iljimae-I like how they didnt forget that the character had two sides(iljimae/yong)

7.Time Between Dog and Wolf

8.Arang and the Magistrate

9.Hero

10.My Girl

My ranking for "Solo character poster"(This one is kind of hard, its like which finger on your two hands do you want to cut off?But il try.

1.Joseon Gunman-again just gorgeous

2.Moon lovers-That one eye:heart:who knew one eye would be so captivating and they werent shy to include the bloody sword..

3.Scholar who walks the night-the background, the colour..i like everything about it, the pattern on the fan

4.iljimae-They didnt forget that our character has two sides and they really pay attention to detail..the blossom, the houses, the mask in black clouds

5.Arang and the Magistrate

6.Criminal Minds-He looks so fierce..dont mess with this profiler

7.Time Between Dog and Wolf-lol aside from scholar.I think this is the drama when he had so much body and showed a bit more skin:D and the transformation from my girl just wow

8.Two Weeks-the coolest fugitive young dad ever

9.My Girl

10.Hero-i like hyper journalist JG especially the tiny one in the background..

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, violina said:

Hahaha.I can see why.I have switched it tho.I had to dig to find the one ive just put in.I dont know why they used photo studio background.They were the first character stills, that were released during promos. They were lucky JG has a unique face and he wears the uniform well..so it still makes you curious about the character but they could have done better.

That's better :D:D:D:D:D:D 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, violina said:

My ranking for "Solo character poster"(This one is kind of hard, its like which finger on your two hands do you want to cut off?But il try.

I feel the same. I've already said that Joseon Gunman has my favorite poster ever...  But Wang So covered in blood... It's so hard to pick one,  so I won't do it

1._Joseon Gunman/Moon Lovers

2._Criminal Minds

3._Scholar who walks the night 

4._time between dog and wolf 

5._arang and the magistrate 

6._two weeks 

7._iljimae 

8._hero

9._my girl

And tell me how do you decide between Joseon Gunman posters. I love this one too

060914_0306_1.jpg

And this

238070777_G2pki_Hqv_12.jpg

I was about to post the other posters but I better stop here

@willenetteso you finally ended Criminal Minds. I'm so glad you liked it. I love CM so much!!!  Was thinking about rewatching it in fact!  

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, antoniaclamens said:

And tell me how do you decide between Joseon Gunman posters. I love this one too

I was actually debating whether to put the one with the gun in your post or the one i put in my post.I like that one very much too.Its always a tug of war with all JG pics:D.I think what help me is because criminal mind solo pic has him holding a gun already.So I wanted to make a difference.If I put both, that means id have to do that for all the other dramas too.But Joseon Gunman pictures were all gorgeous.KBS sageuk promos always have the best pictures and trailers.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, glassnokamen said:

And new JG IG update ... with a lot of materials for our "Bare Foot Parade" http://www.bakagirlsfansub.it/immagini/Emoticon/42.gifhttp://www.bakagirlsfansub.it/immagini/Emoticon/42.gifhttp://www.bakagirlsfansub.it/immagini/Emoticon/42.gif

Angels are quick we already have two eng translations for the insta caption:

am wondering is this for a new acting project? or variety show?He rarely learns a new skill just for the sake of it!am so curious!!!:ph34r:

• Like 7

15 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

And new JG IG update ... with a lot of materials for our "Bare Foot Parade" 

I know I know!  That's the first thing I think about  (happy dancing) :D he's helping us! 

14 hours ago, violina said:

am wondering is this for a new acting project? or variety show?He rarely learns a new skill just for the sake of it!am so curious!!!:ph34r:

I'm sure it is!!! 

4 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

I just discover this video on youtube... I know, I know: for me it's new, but I think that probably for many of you it isn't :):)

I discovered it recently and I'm quite obsessed with the video and song! 

Now my Joseon Gunman themed parade 

Cutie pie /adorable parade 

Spoiler

20140719102245583813.jpg

2014081300915_1.jpg

Smolder parade 

L20140619.99001154705316108.jpeg

Spoiler

253A314F53A71B8504BBF8

Looking at the floor parade 

Spoiler

232DCF4D53D25B921DF9D9

I'm bored parade 

Spoiler

2014071086120O_0.jpg

Sexy back parade 

Spoiler

35205_43503_1517.jpg

Forehead parade 

Spoiler

869562_430568_3150.jpg

Old article about some of my Fave JG things! 

2014062900357_0.jpg

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/06/lee-jun-ki-reveals-his-secret-to-masterful-horseback-action

Today's  smile 

DLioOiWUQAAxDSi.jpg

• Like 8

@violina  How I love such activity!

And THANK YOU All for parade pic...  :heart: 

My ranking for "Whole Cast Poster":

1. Scarlet Heart Ryeo - They all just look good so together. My fav Goryeo assemble and their facial expression match the dark vibe that the background give off.
  2. Scholar who walks the night – Character are place at location that describe the characters as well like the details.
  3. Hero – overall lay out is eye pleasing
  4. Criminal Minds - very CM 
  5. My girl – not my fav JG look but the rest looks good and the artwork is ahead of it time back then.
  6. Time Between Dog and Wolf - but I dun get the helicopters
  7. Joseon Gunman –The facial expression not match the background. But the background quite represent the drama there is light.
  8. Arang and the Magistrate – JG may look good in it but over all too cheesy
  9. Two Weeks – Cheesy, hate the layout
  10. Iljimae – too plain

My ranking for for his individual character poster.

1. Scarlet Heart Ryeo - Wang So and blood best combo
  2. Joseon Gunman - Yoon Kang and his pain, still don’t quite like the background.
  3. Time Between Dog and Wolf - JG in action is always appealing.
  4. Criminal Minds – Hyun Joon looks brainy
  5. Scholar who walks the night - is very fantasy like but the hat…
  6. Arang ang the Magistrate – the hat… but Sato rocks the costume
  7. Iljimae – almost the same post my girl, background looks good though.
  8. Two Weeks - too much going on. Stuff that viewer will not understand until one watch the drama
  9. Hero – almost the same post my girl…
  10. My Girl - very flower boy cheesy in today context.

• Like 5

As usual, I love seeing all the parades.

I love all JG's dramas , though not so for My Girl and Hero.

Time Between Dog and Wolf -  he did perform amazingly in this drama. How he showcased two different personalities of the his character(s) was just fantastic.

Iljimae - Wow, it's a total departure from TBDW. I really love the comedic style in the drama with the Wushu (Kung Fu) martial arts style in the action sequences. Though I only watch it last year which I regretted big time for listening to javabeans in dramabeans. (I stopped visiting that website since then. Why? Because not only that I missed watching Iljimae in 2008, I missed out on watching JG for almost 10 years.)

His post military dramas - well what can I say.. he became a seasoned actor.

For quality, I love how MLSHR and Criminal Minds the most. These two dramas are well done and very sophisticated but Moon Lovers being on the first place as it has more consistently quality through out the series.

Other than the two less fave dramas, all his other dramas are on repeat esp. on drama slump like this time. I think due to constraints in production budget, the slump will stay a little longer.

Impatiently waiting for JGs next project. Guess you guys can understand how I feel.  :) Anyway, I am all ready to whatever JG decides to do next. If he is going to do another blockbuster drama, then great and think we can expect   him to be working with established actors. But if he decides to do just a decent budgeted drama, I am ready to support him 100% even if he'd be working with less popular actors  or idol actors which I think very possible. Why I said that? Because even if we don't know how much JG is actually paid, I think he is on the upper bracket. Ohh well unless if he will do a straight up romance or rom-com drama which probably don't cost as much to produce as compared to saguek, fantasy or action dramas.

• Like 6