Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

2 hours ago, hiluna said:

I didn't particularly like his role as the church oppa. I can see why he says he can't act in romantic roles, there isn't enough depth in that kind of character for him. He could certainly play the romantic psycho role to perfection. I would love to see him in a "Monte Cristo" kind of role in a modern drama.

Yep agree with you. With this kind of role he never get to express much like he did as Wang So which is phenomenal. He's giving Wang So live. That's why he like to better his crafting and a solid and complex roles would fit his level. Tho I believe he would slay in any kind of roles and always will. It's just that we need a powerful storyline and script, only then would do justice to his acting level. I'm glad that chaebol-church oppa role is only for a short web drama and not a k-series cuz that role kinda limits his acting and skills. Either way, Joongi always deliver his best in anything he does and for that I appreciate and love him even more.

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, yumezu said:

Yep agree with you. With this kind of role he never get to express much like he did as Wang So which is phenomenal. He's giving Wang So live. That's why he like to better his crafting and a solid and complex roles would fit his level. Tho I believe he would slay in any kind of roles and always will. It's just that we need a powerful storyline and script, only then would do justice to his acting level. I'm glad that chaebol-church oppa role is only for a short web drama and not a k-series cuz that role kinda limits his acting and skills. Either way, Joongi always deliver his best in anything he does and for that I appreciate and love him even more.

Samee, i'm not really click with his church oppa, >> too chessy for romantic drama, but if it's turn into "thriller" ( maybe he will have double personality / psyco ) it will be interesting - hahahahah - 

i think LJG is one kind of actor who choose drama base on character, that's why from all drama his character never same but most of them typical  "dark" character. If u see, Top actor this day such LMH, LJS, SJK, KSH become raising star after play a "romantic" character.

( i think most audience who watch drama is woman :P , the reality is a "chessy" love story drama sometimes got high rating in korea and more of them like fantasy love, ( He***, Do**, YWCFS, LOTBS ) but the male character is not strong like SH

That's why, in the next drama i hope he can get a "complex" character to show his acting skill, but have an "audience taste" so it will get a high rating,if it's saeguk again i like typical moon embrace the sun LOL 

• Like 6

I also think Hero is not a rom-com. It's kind of a "workplace drama", with some drama/melo in it due to the backstories. There was a little bit of romance, veeeeery subtle by the way, but I loved it, it came out very natural.

@astrantia, I'm not the type to get second lead syndrome so I got a major crush on Lee Dong Wook at that time (have to admit he is one handsome man too ~). But LJG is definitely the better actor and damn those crying/angry scenes, like the 2nd pic you posted ~ Poor baby.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, astrantia said:

I can't agree that "Hero" was so-so because LJG can't act romantic comedy. Where is "romantic" in this series?

But "My Girl" IS romantic comedy, and LJG is SO adorable in it, for me - MORE than lead character.

Me too. I don't agree that he can't act romantic comedy. Why?

He has already delivered so much as an actor that we have big expectation of him. As for me, I expect role or character that has more depth and substance from him. That is why after seeing ML, then TKAC, TBDW, Virgin Snow & Iljimae, Hero looked like not a LJG drama. Though his best performance, but he did well in that drama. The problem is the production of the drama  & no offense meant to them as it's only my opinion, that drama was just simply badly written and directed. It looked like a low budget drama with the sitcomish feel. 

Virgin Snow was a refreshing romance movie. Great movie!

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

Me too. I don't agree that he can't act romantic comedy. Why?

He has already delivered so much as an actor that we have big expectation of him. As for me, I expect role or character that has more depth and substance from him. That is why after seeing ML, then TKAC, TBDW, Virgin Snow & Iljimae, Hero looked like not a LJG drama. Though not his best performance, but he did well in that drama. The problem is the production of the drama  & no offense meant to them as it's only my opinion, that drama was just simply badly written and directed. It looked like a low budget drama with the sitcomish feel. 

Yeah, he can totally pull off romantic comedy, as long as it's well written. Cheesy romance just doesn't suit his character, so when he has to perform some cliché lines it just seems really unnatural. 
He said that he isn't a very romantic person by nature but I don't think that it means that he is not passionate when in love. He seems like a rather sincere and straightforward person, who knows what he wants and seems to have rather realistic views about relationships and marriage (judging from his interviews but who really knows). I think his scenes with IU in MLSHR looked really good, it might be because Wang So was an intense, and 'all or nothing' kind of guy when it comes to love and Joon Gi is good with portraying such complex characters.

There's really no need for cheesy dialogues when he can make anyone swoon with just one glance.

source.gif

tumblr_odrgvyOkyK1r3hugwo3_540.gif

source.gif

tumblr_of7kwyDEwk1qfakbgo1_r3_540.gif

tumblr_of7kwyDEwk1qfakbgo4_r3_540.gif

tumblr_of7kwyDEwk1qfakbgo2_r5_540.gif

So yeah, there is no doubt that he can pull off romance scenes amazingly, just not the cliché and cringeworthy ones.
He would do well in a drama where his character would have his own unique story like his previous dramas e.g Time Between Dog and Wolf, but with more developed love line, like Healer or City Hunter. And of course it would be nice if the female lead was a more seasoned actress this time, not that I didn't like IU or LYB, but it seems like knetizens always have some objections toward his co-stars. A comic relief is also a good thing in drama, for example a cute and funny secondary couple, like in Descendants of the Sun.

Joon Gi cares a lot about the ratings since they are the indicator of how popular the actor is domestically and are the main criteria when it comes to award ceremonies, so he will probably be very careful about selecting his new project. The thing is, I've checked which dramas had the highest viewership in the latest years and I really can't figure out the reason why some of them would be more successful in SK than the others. Like for example it's incomprehensible for me how Doctors had highest ratings than Beautiful Mind. 

• Like 18

Hey guys, look what I've found! I was looking at some Seoul night view pictures when I stumbled across this image:115D14544DFEA53D29EF43

I was like, wait a minute, it looks familiar for some reason. And then it hit me!

396891_532597263446326_881966980_n.jpg

BJEw56lCMAAbky6.jpg+large.jpg

The Seoul Olympic Stadium, school etc. (you can see it more clearly when the picture is larger). It seems that this is the apartment complex where Joon Gi lives. So of course I couldn't help myself and looked more closely at the pictures and it seems like it's the building on the right. I feel like Sherlock or something :smile: But honestly the view is amazing, if I lived in such place I would have spent insane amount of hours just staring out of the window.

• Like 18

On Friday, December 09, 2016 at 1:10 PM, gallevi said:

I just had a wild idea. Imagine Joon Gi and Ha Ji Won in drama together, something like 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith' kind of concept. It would be so awesome. Their visuals match nicely too in my opinion:smile:

Hey chingu, great minds think alike. I posted on moon lovers forum a while back about that too! Hee Hee. 

20161211_112110.png

It will be so cool if our wish comes true in the future. Both LJG and HJW will rock the roles!

• Like 11

51 minutes ago, luvkstyle said:

@galleviWow - good spotting :o  His apartment must be near or at the top - maybe a penthouse apartment ??  Amazing views  Wouldn't do here where I live to be up so high...too many earthquakes.

It seems that, it's a Star City apartments, so if I'm right, then Super Junior's dorm is (or was) in the next building, they did a video about their apartment once. :blush: And didn't he mention that he and Baekhyun are neighbors or something, so they meet often?

Oh okay, update. They are neighbors because EXO apparently moved into SuJu's old dorm.

• Like 14

10 hours ago, gallevi said:

It seems that, it's a Star City apartments, so if I'm right, then Super Junior's dorm is (or was) in the next building, they did a video about their apartment once. :blush: And didn't he mention that he and Baekhyun are neighbors or something, so they meet often?

Oh okay, update. They are neighbors because EXO apparently moved into SuJu's old dorm.

ahahah correct, suju's dorm is in star city apartement, 11-12 Floor LOL

• Like 6

19 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

I also think Hero is not a rom-com. It's kind of a "workplace drama", with some drama/melo in it due to the backstories. There was a little bit of romance, veeeeery subtle by the way, but I loved it, it came out very natural.

@astrantia, I'm not the type to get second lead syndrome so I got a major crush on Lee Dong Wook at that time (have to admit he is one handsome man too ~). But LJG is definitely the better actor and damn those crying/angry scenes, like the 2nd pic you posted ~ Poor baby.

i think his drama series who have rom-com character was Eun- Oh > Arang n magistre even it's a little bit " horror", his acting really funny as Eun Oh :P

• Like 11