Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

e3jJfkI.jpg

Iljimae Director's Cut is confirmed to be released on Blu-ray some time later this year. It will not be subbed at all. Apparently I misunderstood how the pre-order sale volume works. They'll continue to take pre-orders until it reaches 800 copies, but they've decided to go ahead with this release. So I'm glad that it's not going to be canceled (and thus LJG will officially be the only actor currently in Korea to have Blu-ray releases from all three national TV networks), but sad that it won't be subbed (I don't need subs, but my SO does...). If you're still interested, you can order it from Innolife.

Meanwhile, some Korean fans of Joon Gi don't want MLSHR to be released on DVD/Blu-ray because they feel that the production has used him for getting investments and promotions but betrayed him with the actual direction the drama took. They don't trust that the DVD/Blu-ray version will be any different from the current version (domestic or international) and see that having him do commentary and interview for such would just be another ploy to suck money out of his fans only to benefit others. I sadly have to agree with some of their sentiments. Today's ep 12 suggested that another spoiler image I had seen before has been removed from the final cut, although it is possible that it will still be shown later as a flashback (but highly unlikely since we don't have much time). At least his character still stays consistent. 

• Like 10

16 hours ago, smitten1710 said:

@hayperreality  Question. Did he get surgery in his chin/jaw? I noticed that in Arang his face is a bit rounder but in SHR, it got leaner on the jaw area.

In an interview he said he only had laser surgery for his sight and surgery for his front teeth.  In SHR he was told by the director to loose weight for the role and he lost quite a bit, that's why his jaw is more pronounced.  

You can see his pictures from baby until now and judge whether he had plastic surgery or not.

Do not meddle in the affairs of other people take care of themselves

16 hours ago, smitten1710 said:

@hayperreality  Question. Did he get surgery in his chin/jaw? I noticed that in Arang his face is a bit rounder but in SHR, it got leaner on the jaw area.

In an interview he said he only had laser surgery for his sight and surgery for his front teeth.  In SHR he was told by the director to loose weight for the role and he lost quite a bit, that's why his jaw is more pronounced.  

You can see his pictures from baby until now and judge whether he had plastic surgery or not.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

viewimage.php?id=21b8d52cf0dc3faf&no=29b

Iljimae Director's Cut is confirmed to be released on Blu-ray some time later this year. It will not be subbed at all. Apparently I misunderstood how the pre-order sale volume works. They'll continue to take pre-orders until it reaches 800 copies, but they've decided to go ahead with this release. So I'm glad that it's not going to be canceled (and thus LJG will officially be the only actor currently in Korea to have Blu-ray releases from all three national TV networks), but sad that it won't be subbed (I don't need subs, but my SO does...). If you're still interested, you can order it from Innolife.

Meanwhile, some Korean fans of Joon Gi don't want MLSHR to be released on DVD/Blu-ray because they feel that the production has used him for getting investments and promotions but betrayed him with the actual direction the drama took. They don't trust that the DVD/Blu-ray version will be any different from the current version (domestic or international) and see that having him do commentary and interview for such would just be another ploy to suck money out of his fans only to benefit others. I sadly have to agree with some of their sentiments. Today's ep 12 suggested that another spoiler image I had seen before has been removed from the final cut, although it is possible that it will still be shown later as a flashback (but highly unlikely since we don't have much time). At least his character still stays consistent. 

Glad that they will proceed with the release :) Too bad it won't have subs though. Let's see the bright side, it will push fans to learn korean more. Years of kdrama watching helps to understand the basic content at least. Anyway I can't afford to put that much money into a bluray set but it's a nice collection. Maybe one day when I'll have a job ;) (still a student, students are poor :P).

Yeah, I think the DVD/Bluray version of MLSHR will only be really interesting if they add like at least 4-5 episodes of additional footage (and I'm sure they have it, this drama should never has been squeezed in 20 eps). Oh ? Can you tell more about the spoiler image ? Either here or by pm ? I'm curious. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

Glad that they will proceed with the release :) Too bad it won't have subs though. Let's see the bright side, it will push fans to learn korean more. Years of kdrama watching helps to understand the basic content at least. Anyway I can't afford to put that much money into a bluray set but it's a nice collection. Maybe one day when I'll have a job ;) (still a student, students are poor :P).

Yeah, I think the DVD/Bluray version of MLSHR will only be really interesting if they add like at least 4-5 episodes of additional footage (and I'm sure they have it, this drama should never has been squeezed in 20 eps). Oh ? Can you tell more about the spoiler image ? Either here or by pm ? I'm curious. 

Yeah I was a student myself not too long ago, and feel the pain. 

Spoiler

I suppose it is still possible that we'll get to see it, but I don't see how. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Yeah I was a student myself not too long ago, and feel the pain. 

*high five*

Spoiler

Ah ~ This one ? I think it can still happen, and not in a flashback. Woo Hee is dressed nicely, she never was. It will probably take place after the mess that is happening right now, and when she'll be more official with Baek Ah.

Funny I always thought the cast was on lunch/dinner break when I saw the pic, but yeah it does seem like they are shooting. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

*high five*

Hide contents

Ah ~ This one ? I think it can still happen, and not in a flashback. Woo Hee is dressed nicely, she never was. It will probably take place after the mess that is happening right now, and when she'll be more official with Baek Ah.

Funny I always thought the cast was on lunch/dinner break when I saw the pic, but yeah it does seem like they are shooting. 

Spoiler

I hope you are right, but then, what does that make Baek Ah? Would he really keep seeing her even though she was going to assassinate his father? 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Reveal hidden contents

I hope you are right, but then, what does that make Baek Ah? Would he really keep seeing her even though she was going to assassinate his father? 

I've answered by pm since we are borderline off-topic here ^^ 

• Like 3

@Catherine Kwok I don't think I meddle or mess around other people business.  @hayperreality asked whether he has undergone plastic surgery, I had seen a video of LJG's personal pictures so I put it here for hayperreality to see and judge by herself.  And I also quote LJG's own interview about that (I'm sorry but I forgot when and which interview he said it).  If you call it meddling, I'm sorry but I disagree.

• Like 4

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo managed to rank second on Monday, it dropped back to third (and last) place on Tuesday out of the big three broadcasters.

Still, Moon Lovers has seen an increase in ratings, which coincides with the show’s more interesting twists and turns this past week.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Ep. # Station Rating
Monday, Sept. 26      
Moonlight Drawn By Clouds 11 KBS 20.7%
Woman With a Suitcase 1 MBC 6.9%
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo 10 SBS 7.1%
Drinking Solo 7 tvN 3.3%
Tuesday, Sept. 27      
Moonlight Drawn By Clouds 12 KBS 20.1%
Woman With a Suitcase 2 MBC 8.4%
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo 11 SBS 7.5%
Drinking Solo 8 tvN 4.0%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-sept-26-oct-2-2016/

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Diana Blanche said:

LJG co-stars in his last three dramas:

Next...?

I hope he works with either Ha Ji Won for action drama, Han Ji Min (because he wants to work with her), Moon Chae Won (she's quite a good actress, i love her in Princess Man's and Nice Guy) or Jun Ji Hyun (top star actress). At another level, I want him to work with Kim Min Hee (despite her scandal, she is a v.good actress and only works in movie), Kim Hye Soo (veteran actress) and Jeon Do Yeon (she is S.Korea top leading actress and she won at Cannes). Either of these I am happy! But i will support him in any work his does. He tends not to care his casts, only considers his role and the storyline of the project.  :blush:

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, elisluvgeunscouple said:

I want both of them, i love ha ji won unnie so much n i love han ji min also. Isn't that jeon do yeon a bit old for him?

Haha! For me, age barely matters in drama/movie as long as they match the characters! And maybe they don't act as a couple just characters in the story. I just wish he works with more actors/actresses of his caliber or more veteran ones. When you watch veteran actors and actresses' actings especially in movies, they are at another level. It's time for him to go back doing movies as well. :blush: 

• Like 6

Ok, Joon Lovers, we are closing in on 1 million followers on Instagram. It's now 992K.   Naturally there should be a big thank you from Joon and an acknowledgement to those 1 Million.  Personally,  I am hoping for more Nakey Joon.... Emoticon 0137 Clapping  (sigh) but I doubt that'll happen. (drat)  Emoticon 0136 Giggle

Hopefully it will be something special!!!

• Like 9

Nam Sang Mi's torture scene was particularly awful to watch :( But it showed how a great actress she is (yes I like her very very much). Good thing we got spared to actually witness Hae Soo's one, but I think it's a missed opportunity for her to showcase her acting. But better for our health though. It breaks my heart how Hae Soo is limping around now.

I'd like to add Gong Hyo Jin, Jung Yumi, Hwang Jung Eum, Yoon Eun Hye and Seo Hyun Jin to the list. Personal favorites and close to his age so either one of them I'd be very happy. I don't know how they would match as couples but they have great acting chops and if the story is worth it I'd be totally excited. 

I think he would match very well with Han Ji Min, look wise. They had an opportunity to work together, when he was courted for Angel Eyes and so was she right ? But they eventually both turned it down.

@vyshiva

Spoiler

Yup agree, awesome. LJK and action scenes *_* But aww he broke my heart at the end of the episode. Glad Hae Soo was there for him. And I'm even more excited by next week episodes' preview. Of course Yo is not dead. Too bad Yoon Kang isn't there to tell Wang So to never trust someone is dead when they fall off a cliff until you find the dead body. Ever.
And FINALLY she will accept his love. And action scenes again ~ 6 days to wait ? damn...

@minmar, that's the main reason I'm excited he will reach 1 million followers soon - his treat :P 

• Like 8